Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah (1224 Views)

Nigeria Is Now A More Divided Country – Bishop Kukah / The Biafra Question: Is Secession The Answer? / Buhari Has No Answer To Nigeria's Problems — Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah by bodeloja: 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
http://en.starafrica.com/news/military-approach-no-answer-to-biafra-question-bishop.html

Posted by: APA Posted date : December 25, 2015 at 11:19 am UTC 43 views In : Africa
The Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Dr. Matthew Kukah, says a military approach will not end pro-Biafran protests across the country.

Reacting to the fresh charges filed against the founder of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.Kukah, Kukah insisted that the Federal Government should settle the crisis arising from the agitation for Biafra out of court.

A Punch newspaper report on Friday said that the federal government had recently filed six counts, including treasonable felony, against Kanu before a Federal High Court in Abuja.

Kanu�s detention is fuelling pro-Biafran protests across the country.

�A military and judicial approach would not work. We are in a democracy where dialogue, diplomacy and patience are the hallmarks of good leadership.

“The federal government should open a backdoor channel to get Kanu to renounce alleged hate speeches and violence.

�My position on Kanu is straightforward. I am not in any way saying that he is innocent but in order to avoid upheavals and tension, the government should settle through engagement. One of the parties has to trade something for something else. We are not in a military regime. Dialogue is the solution,� Kukah said.

The cleric also called on President Muhammadu Buhari to treat the recent killings of some members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria by the Nigerian Army in Zaria as a national disaster.

He said that he expected the President to declare a national mourning due to the number of deaths recorded in the clash. Many lives were lost when soldiers clashed with the members of the group also known as Shi�ite, in Zaria last week.

Members of the group reportedly blocked a federal highway and tried to prevent the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai�s motorcade from driving through.

�As far as I am concerned, the Zaria killing is a national disaster. I expected the President to have declared a national mourning, especially because of the number of people that lost their lives. There is no way the President would not be held responsible because the buck stops at his table.

�However, this is not the time to apportion blame because there is enough blame to go round,� he said.

Kukah, therefore, shunned calls for the removal of Buratai over the killings, saying that would not bring back those that lost their lives.

He said Buhari�s critics should wait for the panel of enquiry inaugurated to investigate the killings to submit their report.

Signature : APA
Re: Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah by bodeloja: 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
Buhari get sense? Dullardhino!

1 Like

Re: Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah by Mekus68: 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
Being a former military man, his mindset is that everything is all about FORCE. We are in democracy for God's sake.
Buhari shud get that into his skull.
Re: Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah by andresia(m): 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
bodeloja:

EKPA

2 Likes

Re: Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah by APCsupporter: 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
bodeloja:
he has sense compared to otuuoke drunkard who said he didnt know when he signed some contracts due to excessive alcohol intake
Mekus68:
Being a former military man, his mindset is that everything is all about FORCE. We are in democracy for God's sake.
Buhari shud get that into his skull.
Ekpa a.k.a wailing wailer.

Sai kun gaji

2 Likes

Re: Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah by richybanky(m): 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
andresia:

EKPA
grin grin I've been hearing ekpa for some days now pls pardon my ignorance, wat is ekpa?
Re: Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah by Eledan: 4:34am On Dec 26, 2015
richybanky:

grin grin I've been hearing ekpa for some days now pls pardon my ignorance, wat is ekpa?
Ekpa means a fool in Urhobo. grin
Kukah's points could have been tenable if the whole agitation is based on genuine reasons and supported by the elite and political leaders of the region.
A nation will not grow if after any region backed a candidate and such candidate losses the election and the next thing to call for is secession.
It's doesn't portray political maturity.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah by richybanky(m): 7:35am On Dec 26, 2015
Eledan:

Ekpa means a fool in Urhobo. grin
Kukah's points could have been tenable if the whole agitation is based on genuine reasons and supported by the elite and political leaders of the region.
A nation will not grow if after any region backed a candidate and such candidate losses the election and the next thing to call for is secession.
It's doesn't portray political maturity.
In other words, wailing wailers ar fool grin grin grin
Re: Biafra :Military Approach No Answer To Biafra Question – Bishop Kukah by bodeloja: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
I repeat Buhari get sense?

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Situation Worsens As Tariff Increases. / Dangote Trailers In Double Accident - Photos / Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau’s Latest Video Real, Group Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.