Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. (76864 Views)

Five Things I Would Learn To Do If I Was Jobless / Why You Should Use Good Humor During Interviews / Intelligent Questions Every Interviewee Should Ask During Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Phunkyposh(f): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2016
Awesome I must say......!!!
well constructed too
I have learnt a whole lot. This sure came in the Nick of time.As a fresh graduate, I have learnt how to ace interviews.... God bless you richly @Rational Mind... I look forward to the bullet points!!!!

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Temionajite(m): 9:55am On Aug 27, 2016
Earn genuine dollars daily by working from home, see the link below: http://Fan2Earn.com/ref=73069
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by phykel(m): 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
rationalmind:
ACT AND PRETEND IF YOU CAN. JUST ENSURE YOU SHOW HOW PASSIONATE YOU ARE ABOUT THE JOB. IT WORKS A LOT

I'll forever be grateful to the CEO of cordros capital in person of Mr Wale Agbeyangi. He ended my interview woes in a way he'll never believe he did.

A few months ago, I got a test invite from mastermindshrsg, I had no idea which company there were recruiting for.

Roughly one month afterwards, I got a mail from cordros capital inviting me for an online test. Few days after the test, I got an interview invite.

This time around, I didn't need to prepare much. I just picked my airtel and kpmg interview notes, read all there is to read about the company and set out for the interview.

We were 11 that made it to the interview and I was optimistic I'll get in. While we were waiting, we were told we'll be interviewed in two's. That is, two people will get in at the same time to be interviewed together.

So they ask Mr A a question, he answers, they ask Mr B the same question and he answers.

Of course, the second person to answer is at an advantage and I made sure I was always the second to answer grin

When it got to my turn, fortunately, I was grouped with a guy who won't pull his weight so it made things easy for me.

We entered and after a series of questions, Mr agbeyangi looked at the other guy and told him his responses are vague and not direct. Another interviewer told him he doesn't answer questions the way I do.

I was so happy within myself thinking I had landed the job. All of a sudden, Mr Agbeyangi looked at me and said, rationalmind, you said you want to be an investment banker but I'm not seeing the drive. I can't see the passion and I can't see the desire.

I felt he was just saying it to unsettle me so as to see how I'll react since by their own admission, the other guy hasn't been performing well while I have. I just kept smiling at hi

Armed with this new lesson, I went for my next interview. smiley

Hello Bro
I saw ur post on Cordros capital. I have passion to have a career in Investment banking.
Can u suggest where i can send my CV to. Abeg be my link.
I have a B.Sc. in Computer science with Economics.
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by LilyE: 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
wow. so much to learn
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by LeoFish92(m): 11:44am On Aug 03, 2017
This thread is one of the best things that happened to me this year
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by calculator123(m): 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
tohpahz:
Rationalmind

Thanks a lot..
Would help mi in the future! I appreciate.
I like ur sense of humor too. cheesy
wadup bae
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by calculator123(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
tohpahz:
Rationalmind
Thanks a lot.. Would help mi in the future! I appreciate. I like ur sense of humor too. cheesy
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Olamiakingbolu: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2017
Wow! This is interesting and educative. Am able to learn from this creative write up. Thumps up bro
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by matthize: 11:31am On Jan 08, 2018
Thanks for the experiences shared @sir rationalmind, really learnt a lot.
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by lokobyforch(m): 11:58am On Jan 08, 2018
I must salute u chemically and otherwise.
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by cedarZee: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
This thread is really insightful.
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Barbarthundey(m): 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
This thread remains evergreen...
it's been 4yrs and still "fresh"
well-done on the compilation sir.
it would end in praise!
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Barbarthundey(m): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
This thread remains evergreen...
it's been 4yrs and still "fresh"
well-done on the compilation sir.
it would end in praise!
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Sophy615: 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
[color=#550000][/color] wow, best thread ever. Thanks for sharing your experience
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Sirwallace(m): 12:36am On Oct 12, 2019
Can't believe I read through the thread.
Kudos to this rationalmind dude.

He is a genius!
Some cool lesson learnt here.
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Lamanii22(f): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2019
rationalmind:
KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR COURSE OF STUDY.

I was just a raw job seeker, still serving, when I saw this job ad posted by MissIndependent. Fresh Corp members are needed at a firm in Ikoyi. Company was Montego Holdings.

Fast forward to the day of the interview, I was dressed in my favourite black shirt and black trouser with red tie looking like a ghost. grin

Full of confidence, I walked into the interview room to see a guy and a lady. In no time, the interview started.

So Mr rationalmind, you studied computer engineering? Yes, I answered.

So please tell us, what is computer engineering all about?

Right there in my mind I was like, what!!!, I spent the whole night reading about your company and common interview questions and all you're asking me is what computer engineering is all about?

I answered their question but I was so ashamed of myself. I struggled to explain a course I had spent six years studying (2 years in poly, 4 in uni).

After I finished, the guy looked at me and said, assuming my computer brings out a blue screen, what could be the likely cause?

I had no fucking idea. All I was taught in school were digital signal processing, artificial intelligence and a whole lot of courses that couldn't help me at that moment.

He then asked me another question which I got but it no longer mattered. They had seen all they wanted to see.

Right there, I learnt my first ever lesson. Which is to know everything there is to know about my course.

And of course, I was never called back grin

Looool maddo.... Thank you for this..
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Lamanii22(f): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2019
rationalmind:
BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT LIES, IT MAY RUIN EVERY GOOD THING YOUVE SAID DURING THE INTERVIEW

I picked myself up after the airtel disappointment, downloaded numerous videos on how to overcome fear and how to build confidence.

So when I got KPMG assessment centre invite, confidence was the least of my worries. I was well prepared, digested my course to a satisfactory level and was already looking forward to working with them cos I knew I was destroying the interview which of course I did.

The interview started in no time and everything was fine, I answered all questions extremely well until one tall, slim dark guy asked this question I'll never forget.

So rationalmind, how come you're having all C's in your neco result? He asked

I responded by saying it's even miraculous I passed the neco as it was waec I really prepared for and just wrote neco for the sake of writing since I was sure I'll pass waec.

When the result came out, as I had predicted, my waec result was very fine but unfortunately, I had a D7 in chemistry and that rendered my waec result useless. Since then, I've been forced to use my neco result.

How many A's did you have in your waec? he asked.

I could have told the truth but I lied, I told him I had two A's when I had none. All I had were B's. I felt since I had given them my neco result and the result satisfies their requirement, it doesn't matter.

The interview ended in no time, I thanked them and left.

The following day, I got a call from them. "Rationalmind, you told us you have a waec result with two A's yesterday" the caller at the other end said.

Yes, I answered.

Can you please send a scanned copy of the result to us now? grin

I paused and said I wasn't at home but will do that once I get home. I needed time to plan my next line of action.

I sent my waec result like that and explained it was a mix up bla bla bla

The result was a regret mail grin

Awwwwn... Lool.... You've got many experiences... Thank you again...
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Gbengageorge: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
You should have known that any form if lie at that point is a mess.

I applied to a place and my home address did not tally, that was the last I heard from them.

rationalmind:
BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT LIES, IT MAY RUIN EVERY GOOD THING YOUVE SAID DURING THE INTERVIEW

I picked myself up after the airtel disappointment, downloaded numerous videos on how to overcome fear and how to build confidence.

So when I got KPMG assessment centre invite, confidence was the least of my worries. I was well prepared, digested my course to a satisfactory level and was already looking forward to working with them cos I knew I was destroying the interview which of course I did.

The interview started in no time and everything was fine, I answered all questions extremely well until one tall, slim dark guy asked this question I'll never forget.

So rationalmind, how come you're having all C's in your neco result? He asked

I responded by saying it's even miraculous I passed the neco as it was waec I really prepared for and just wrote neco for the sake of writing since I was sure I'll pass waec.

When the result came out, as I had predicted, my waec result was very fine but unfortunately, I had a D7 in chemistry and that rendered my waec result useless. Since then, I've been forced to use my neco result.

How many A's did you have in your waec? he asked.

I could have told the truth but I lied, I told him I had two A's when I had none. All I had were B's. I felt since I had given them my neco result and the result satisfies their requirement, it doesn't matter.

The interview ended in no time, I thanked them and left.

The following day, I got a call from them. "Rationalmind, you told us you have a waec result with two A's yesterday" the caller at the other end said.

Yes, I answered.

Can you please send a scanned copy of the result to us now? grin

I paused and said I wasn't at home but will do that once I get home. I needed time to plan my next line of action.

I sent my waec result like that and explained it was a mix up bla bla bla

The result was a regret mail grin

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Mosfemi: 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
Start freelancing on https://wecruite.com
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Atulz(f): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2021
Thank you very much Mr Nobody, your stories helped me alot while preparing for an interview recently and it worked for me. I appreciate, God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Service Applicants 2018 Thread / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates / Apply For Heineken International Fresh Graduate Programme 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.