Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. (76740 Views)

Five Things I Would Learn To Do If I Was Jobless / Why You Should Use Good Humor During Interviews / Intelligent Questions Every Interviewee Should Ask During Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by ksstroud: 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
zizytd:
Rationalmind you r good, I remembered ur few replies in airtel thread. Hope you have gotten a job now

His job surpasses Airtel sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by HDee(m): 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice... God bless the Op
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Contd

I felt he was just saying it to unsettle me so as to see how I'll react since by their own admission, the other guy hasn't been performing well while I have. I just kept smiling at him.

The interview went on till it ended and I was very optimistic about the result. The following Monday, I got a mail from them. It was the greatest surprise of my life. A regret mail. It was then I knew he meant what he said.

I learnt my next lesson, interviewers want to see the drive, the passion in you. Show it and you're close to landing the job. It's the greatest interview weapon I know.

Armed with this new lesson, I went for my next interview.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
ksstroud:

His job surpasses Airtel sef

grin I haven't said anything about the job na. How would you know?
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by ksstroud: 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
goldendainty:

ok, do quick nd go abeg

Can I take you along, I know where you are... You can still meet the 2:30 Air schedule...
Revert.
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
nenergy:

This is inspiring! Please can I compile and blog?

Go ahead bro

8 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2015
zizytd:
Rationalmind you r good, I remembered ur few replies in airtel thread. Hope you have gotten a job now

Yeah, I have. I'll get to that shortly cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by ksstroud: 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
Rationalmind /21x
In the fullness of time, you will know that those that know you are more than those that don't.... Lolzzzzz
Do continue sha.

rationalmind:

grin I haven't said the job na. How would you know?

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
ksstroud:

Can I take you along, I know where you are... You can still meet the 2:30 Air schedule...
Revert.

:oyou knw where i am?
are you a witch/wizard? shocked
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by arabaribiti(m): 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
Experience is the best teacher they say pls am enjoying this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
Smeeky:
Nice one Rationalmind smiley

Thanks boss. Quite an age? How have you been? smiley
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by chigo4flow(m): 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
Happy to learn from you guys
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by gmacnoms(m): 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
Any job in Delta state, please kindly quote me. 6months experience as BVN officer. Bsc
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by ksstroud: 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
goldendainty:

:oyou knw where i am?
are you a witch/wizard? shocked

witches and wizards are just our messengers, they belong to the 2nd world, we are from the first world... Don't derail this nice thread ooooo

FYI
Anything official is strictly official, let's go to our hood...

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
ksstroud:

witches and wizards are just our messengers, they belong to the 2nd world, we are from the first world... Don't derail this nice thread ooooo

FYI
Anything official is strictly official, let's go to our hood...
ok ma/sir
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Oluwapresley(m): 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
FoIIowing!! I need to work on that fear ish.. Its a big big problem
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by ksstroud: 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
gmacnoms:
Any job in Delta state, please kindly quote me. 6months experience as BVN officer. Bsc

You can apply for KPMG 3weeks job... Use Google
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by sparkleice(f): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
grin
rationalmind:
I have been fighting two battles prior to opening this thread. One is if to open it at all, another is the form it's going to take. I almost decided not to open it again but my conscience never let me be. I just have to give back to the forum that immensely helped me.

Without being an ingrate, I'll like to start by thanking some very special nairalanders for their help and support at various times during the blue days.

To eipreel, words cannot describe how much I appreciate you. Your constant support while hunting is highly appreciated. You're the best I've ever met in my life. I love you kiss. Congrats on your "new job" with..... bank wink

To these great guys I say thank you. Thank you for being there at one point or the other. MacMaster01, ednut1, Highmey, mikedimeji, MarshallMathers, therealadonye, adeaks, Valentinooo, Tbliz, taiwolusol, nitrogen and several others I can't mention inow.

To MissIndependent, kiss kiss thank you.

This thread is specially dedicated to every other job seeker out there especially those having problems nailing interviews.

I'll be sharing real life interview experiences and things I learnt.

I'll be right back.
I can't stp laffing .ds has happen to me too one interviwe I went for,the interviewr ws like miss Mercy kindly tell us wat business mgt s all abt? Chai,my 4yrs course...dat moment just like village pple were playng drum. Wt my brainI ws taikng out of point..common my streng& weaknesses I cud nt explain well.I ws tod we wil gt bak to u.whn I step out I cud nt stp laffing wt d rubbish point I spewed out.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by yorex2011: 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2015
rationalmind:

Thanks boss. Quite an age? How have you been? smiley
emma hw fa nw. nice thread you got here. following keenly
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by 0079jaBond(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
nenergy:

This is inspiring! Please can I compile and blog?

I hope he accepts this cos this is really worth publishing to a wider audience

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by ksstroud: 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
0079jaBond:

I hope he accepts this cos this is really worth publishing to a wider audience

He's accepted... A gentleman he is.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Oluwapresley(m): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
sparkleice:
;DI can't stp laffing .ds has happen to me too one interviwe I went for,the interviewr ws like miss Mercy kindly tell us wat business mgt s all abt? Chai,my 4yrs course...dat moment just like village pple were playng drum. Wt my brainI ws taikng out of point..common my streng& weaknesses I cud nt explain well.I ws tod we wil gt bak to u.whn I step out I cud nt stp laffing wt d rubbish point I spewed out.

may God not aIIow our viIIage ppI pIay drum in our head ooo.. Ha

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by iphiy(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
moneybag100:
It's everyday you people learn new thing during interview on this site.
I tire for una o.
Shar-wrap and learn too... Teach if u'hv learnt enuf.
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Cetona(f): 2:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice thread. Learning ahead of timegrin

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Oluwapresley(m): 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hi
Cetona:
Nice thread. Learning ahead of timegrin
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by belente(m): 2:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
Following
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
ACTING OUT PASSION WORKS

To start with, I'll have to say the ajasa4link method works. And I have to say a big thank you to him. I read his thread and how he landed his job then decided to try out the same thing.

I got a list of telecoms firms in lagos, got their contact line and sent a text message to about 20 of them. I told them I was a fresh graduate, passionate about a career in the telecoms industry and bla bla bla.

Luckily for me, an in house recruitment was being conducted in one of the companies and my text was replied. I was invited for a test. I would have loved to mention the name of the company but I can't as I'll be resigning in a few days and can't risk letting them know before collecting my December salary grin.

Shortly after the test, I was told to wait to be interviewed. I wasn't prepared as I was invited for a test and not an interview.

I went in and during the interview, I was asked the name of their CEO. How would I have known? grin. Told them point blank I didn't know. I wasn't performing so well but was waiting for an opportunity to unleash my weapon. The passion weapon.

Then the question came. Rationalmind, we take trainees for 6 months and pay them... thousand during the six months but most people leave before the end of 6 months when we haven't recouped our investment. They move to banks where they are offered better pay. How are we sure you won't leave?

I started, Sir, that's what happens when people look for jobs they aren't passionate about. To them, it's all about money. To me, it's about my undying love for telecoms. Matter of fact sir, I wrote three courses in telecoms as an undergraduate and had two A's and one B. My love for telecoms dates back to my undergraduate days and money will never make me leave for a bank job.

I saw them smiling. At that point, they obviously had forgotten I didn't know the name of their CEO grin and sent me a success mail few days later.

Like I said earlier, I know no interview weapon greater than showing than you're passionate about the job. It works.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Cetona(f): 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oluwapresley:
Hi

Hello

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by tk4rd: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
rationalmind:
I have been fighting two battles prior to opening this thread. One is if to open it at all, another is the form it's going to take. I almost decided not to open it again but my conscience never let me be. I just have to give back to the forum that immensely helped me.

Without being an ingrate, I'll like to start by thanking some very special nairalanders for their help and support at various times during the blue days.

To eipreel, words cannot describe how much I appreciate you. Your constant support while hunting is highly appreciated. You're the best I've ever met in my life. I love you kiss. Congrats on your "new job" with..... bank wink

To these great guys I say thank you. Thank you for being there at one point or the other. MacMaster01, ednut1, Highmey, mikedimeji, MarshallMathers, therealadonye, adeaks, Valentinooo, Tbliz, taiwolusol, nitrogen and several others I can't mention now.

To MissIndependent, kiss kiss thank you.

This thread is specially dedicated to every other job seeker out there especially those having problems nailing interviews.

I'll be sharing real life interview experiences and things I learnt.

I'll be right back.
My brother, have you written a book based on these experiences of urs.??

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Qyubee(m): 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
nice post...observing and taking notes grin
Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
rationalmind:
ACTING OUT PASSION WORKS

To start with, I'll have to say the ajasa4link method works. And I have to say a big thank you to him. I read his thread and how he landed his job then decided to try out the same thing.

I got a list of telecoms firms in lagos, got their contact line and sent a text message to about 20 of them. I told them I was a fresh graduate, passionate about a career in the telecoms industry and bla bla bla.

Luckily for me, an in house recruitment was being conducted in one of the companies and my text was replied. I was invited for a test. I would have loved to mention the name of the company but I can't as I'll be resigning in a few days and can't risk letting them know before collecting my December salary grin.

Shortly after the test, I was told to wait to be interviewed. I wasn't prepared as I was invited for a test and not an interview.

I went in and during the interview, I was asked the name of their CEO. How would I have known? grin. Told them point blank I didn't know. I wasn't performing so well but was waiting for an opportunity to unleash my weapon. The passion weapon.

Then the question came. Rationalmind, we take trainees for 6 months and pay them... thousand during the six months but most people leave before the end of 6 months when we haven't recouped our investment. They move to banks where they are offered better pay. How are we sure you won't leave?

I started, Sir, that's what happens when people look for jobs they aren't passionate about. To them, it's all about money. To me, it's about my undying love for telecoms. Matter of fact sir, I wrote three courses in telecoms as an undergraduate and had two A's and one B. My love for telecoms dates back to my undergraduate days and money will never make me leave for a bank job.

I saw them smiling. At that point, they obviously had forgotten I didn't know the name of their CEO grin and sent me a success mail few days later.

Like I said earlier, I know no interview weapon greater than showing than you're passionate about the job. It works.

This is indeed inspiring. Passion is very important; we should endeavour to demonstrate to our prospective employers that we're very passionate about the job we've applied for. These lessons are very apt.

Thank you. Information is wealth. Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. by Oluwapresley(m): 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
I think this pIace is nice, dont u? cooI environment with someone teIIing life experiences?smiley

U mind if I buy u a drink and we relax and I teII u about my 50 worst interview questions?cheesy

Cetona:

Hello

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Service Applicants 2018 Thread / This Man Wants A Job At The Mortuary But He Failed His First Test (photos) / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.