Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others (42272 Views)

Buhari's Medical Status: Fayose Reacts, Sends Strong Message To Presidency / Junaid Mohammed To Presidency: Stop Lying To Nigerians About Buhari's Health / 160 Fuel Tankers Allocated To The North, 40 To The South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by ybalogs(m): 11:22am On Dec 27, 2015
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Sings: it seems like he is gonna cry . . .

Chie see painment, if Nigeria fails do you think your wailment would lessen the pain? Buhari locks up thieves, your hero of thieves created enabling environment not for investors but for looters all in the service of winning elections. The hypocrite here seems to be you who refuse to acknowledge your incompetent hero of thieves.
I go leave you to dey answer the real hypocrites. Thanks for saying what I couldn't put into words.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by ALISMILE(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2015
ZoboKunu:
Buhari's budget will fail!!!
All those praying for doom to befall this country shall meet their doom b4 time!

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by BALLOSKI: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2015
dearpreye:
Everyone should sheathe their needless swords today. We have a budget broken down here and it's our duty to dispassionately analyse it. There's a limit to partisanship; there's absolutely NOTHING anyone can do about it HERE.

The National Assembly keeps getting huge budgetary allocations every year......N115 billion is still way too massive them......That's more than the budget of a few Nigerian states.

I'll have to do more works on why the Presidency will be gulping close to N20 billion; maybe there are certain agencies I'm yet to see captured under it.

Labour and employment gets just N7.8 billion? IMO, too meagre.

Government must stop this pilgrimage waste......its nonsense. Anyone who wants to embark on it should do so with their own resources.

Science and technology gets N27 billion? Ridiculous. That's the future of any nation these days......

Total recurrent is just crazy......BALLOSKI, what's your say?
yeah, I quite agree with you. The huge sum going to NASS is way too much. Just less than 500 people taking that in a year is on the high side for a country that's struggling right now.

As for the budget for the presidency, I think 97% of it goes to the agencies under it. I'm just interested in how much will be the budget for food and other miscellaneous.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 27, 2015
BALLOSKI:
yeah, I quite agree with you. The huge sum going to NASS is way too much. Just less than 500 people taking that in a year is on the high side for a country that's struggling right now.

As for the budget for the presidency, I think 97% of it goes to the agencies under it. I'm just interested in how much will be the budget for food and other miscellaneous.

The NASS guys make me sad every year. These guys don't seem to care if everyone else is dying; it's all about their already overloaded stomachs.

I'm too sure but I read somewhere the feeding allocation is about N1.7 billion. Way top crazy, IMO.
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Godiloveu(f): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
under which budget is our #5000 attached to? some1 pls reply

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by onlysam01: 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
Budgets don't fail, it's either it runs at deficit, surplus or balanced, either ways the budget performed. The budget is clear enough for all to see, with these set of intellectuals I believe the budget will perform, forgetting the politics involved. This is a better budget than we have had initially, more is being channeled to infrastructural development, debt service as well as capital expenditure, these are all requisite for development. A little Faith won't kill u.
ZoboKunu:

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by princejayboss: 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
seunmsg:

Ekiti is not getting the proposed federal secretariat because of Fayose's irrelevant rants against the president. The state is getting it because we have a president who is just and fair and ready to give all states what truly belongs to them.

The plan to construct a federal secretariat in Ekiti has been on ground for a while now but the last administration in its usual manner refused to provide funding for the project all through its six years in power because the state was under APC government up till last year.

Sentiments..... A fair and just president called some faction of the country 5%.... I guess he is angel of fairness.... Naija will never grow till we start seeing things the way they are

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by baralatie(m): 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
REHABILITATION OF EXISTING 23 NOS. FEDERAL SECRETARIATS IN THE STATES OF THE FEDERATION – 1,000,000,000

CONSTRUCTION OF FEDERAL SECRETARIAT IN EKITI STATE – 1,000,000,000

DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTION (DFI) – 4,000,000,000

CAPITAL IN FGN SPECIAL INTERVENTION PROGRAMME – 200,000,000,000

TOTAL – CAPITAL SUPPLEMENTATION – 370,003,000,000

CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT FUND – 1,602,390,000,000

CAPITAL EXPENDITURE IN STATUTORY TRANSFERS – 157,150,000,000

INTEREST ON CAPITALISED LOANS – 86,000,000,000

HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaa!
This is how the stealing starts

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by clemz88(m): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
Budget well spelt out. I hope it will be properly utilised ed by each minstries n department so that AT the end of the day they wount start yarning trash. N i Must say that that which is accorded to the presidency is too outrageous. Are they not said salaries? What do they need such huge budget for? In conclusion, they better do the needful cos we dont wanna hear complain. I rest my case.
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by galadima77(m): 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
ZoboKunu:

It's ur plans that will fail in 2016, not my PMB's and Nigeria at large.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Themandator: 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
Zero based budgeting.... Who knows the size of the allocation to feeding in the presidency?

Almost 20 billion allocated to capital expenditure in the presidency, what is it for, new villa or lodge in the states

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by clemz88(m): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
Godiloveu:
under which budget is our #5000 attached to? some1 pls reply
i guess employment undecided
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by akigbemaru: 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
Budget 2016
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Themandator: 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
onlysam01:
Budgets don't fail, it's either it runs at deficit, surplus or balanced, either ways the budget performed. The budget is clear enough for all to see, with these set of intellectuals I believe the budget will perform, forgetting the politics involved. This is a better budget than we have had initially, more is being channeled to infrastructural development, debt service as well as capital expenditure, these are all requisite for development. A little Faith won't kill u.

Is there any difference between capital and infrastructure? And why is the presidency allocating a whooping 20 billion to itself in both capital and recurrent expenditures?

Over 400 billion has been handed to works without specifics.... They called it zero based budgeting... He will determine where and where gets his attention... Maybe, the time for 5 percent vote to come into play
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
They said Nigerians should get ready for a harsher economic crunch, but budgeted N1.7 Billion for feeding in Aso Rock villa.Jonathan budgeted N1 Billion in 2015 when oil price is above N 100 but they shouted that he is wasteful. Now the oil price is below N 35 , they are increasing the cost of feeding from 1 Billion to 1.7 Billion.I though they used satchets of Milo and peak milk as they made us to understand during campaign.Deception is worst than corruption !!!

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by baralatie(m): 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
2011 ELECTION VIOLENCE AND CIVIL DISTURBANCES (DAMAGE DONE TO PUBLIC PROPERTIES AND PLACES OF WORSHIPS) – 2,500,000,000

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by grafikii: 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
dearpreye:

The NASS guys make me sad every year. These guys don't seem to care if everyone else is dying; it's all about their already overloaded stomachs.

I'm too sure but I read somewhere the feeding allocation is about N1.7 billion. Way top crazy, IMO.
U read on that thread without a source

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Themandator: 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
BALLOSKI:

You won't get it because it is hidden in the presidency votes...mr president WI decide how the votes of 40 billion(capital and recurrent) is split amongst the presidency subheadings

Zero budgeting is a clever way of avoiding preying eyes like yours
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by grafikii: 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
crixtex:
They said Nigerians should get ready for a harsher economic crunch, but budgeted N1.7 Billion for feeding in Aso Rock villa.Jonathan budgeted N1 Billion in 2015 when oil price is above N 100 but they shouted that he is wasteful. Now the oil price is below N 35 , they are increasing the cost of feeding from 1 Billion to 1.7 Billion.I though they used satchets of Milo and peak milk as they made us to understand during campaign.Deception is worst than corruption !!!
U have a link for this?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by grafikii: 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Themandator:

Is there any difference between capital and infrastructure? And why is the presidency allocating a whooping 20 billion to itself in both capital and recurrent expenditures?

Over 400 billion has been handed to works without specifics.... They called it zero based budgeting... He will determine where and where gets his attention... Maybe, the time for 5 percent vote to come into play

U expect to see specifics on projects in the budget? na wa o

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by realjoker(m): 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
COMPAQ:
Thanks for sharing these high level numbers. What I'd like to see now are the specific details for each agency, ministry etc. For example which specific projects are budgeted for under the ministry of works, which specific housing projects will be implemented etc.
that will be after national assembly pass the budget.
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Trunaijian: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
seunmsg:

In the interest of majority of reasonable and hard working Nigerians, the budget will not fail.
Thank you sir.
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
Buhari must succeed.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Horlawale1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
ZoboKunu:

Imagine
And wat will that offer u
GOD BLESS NIGERIA....
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Themandator: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
grafikii:

U expect to see specifics on projects in the budget? na wa o

you mean you never lived in Nigeria when budget analysis centred around the allocations to regions and states made possible by specifics... Ongoing projects have al ways had alloted amounts in the budgets

There was cry about how one of Jonathan's budget favoured the south east more than one there regions and the then Senate worked to correcorrect it
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by henryhemon(m): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Descartes:

Look at this brownie calling one a 'broken individual' when is evidential that he lives in brown roof with his parents claiming that he reserves the culture of his brown roof Republic grin

You are really broken in every word of it, go fix yourself.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Horlawale1(m): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nigeria will be a great nation (Amen).

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by henryhemon(m): 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
Going through this thread my heart gladdens to see our people interested in government and how it is runned,I see optimism and believe for once by most people in their government basically cuz we have an upright man at helms of affairs but we need to hold thwmnto their words only way we will get the best from them not sentimental critism but objective critism without hate but for the growth of the country.
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by AceJam: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
In this hard times, billions of naira flowing everywhere more than River Niger and River Benue. Ok o. I'm watching in 3D.
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Science and technology gets N27 billion? Ridiculous. That's the future of any nation these days......

I just weep when I saw this, know that even with these I hope it's not for placing cctv that works only the first 3months, or installing/importing electronic devices(card readers, senate/assemble voting failed system) that will partial work etc

We need working technical /research technology institutions/centers in our universities or private centres...
Or we just want to copy/follow any technology the West brings out
Re: 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others by Descartes: 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
henryhemon:

You are really broken in every word of it, go fix yourself.

Hmmmm, from their comment you shall know them.

Wisdom is a function of humility and indeed the principle thing cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Man Places A Coffin For Buhari At Nigerian Embassy In Belgium (Video) / Nigerians Tweet On Buhari 100 Wasted Days- #100wasteddays / Prof. Osibanjo Visits Ejigbo Osun State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.