Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (95172 Views)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye & His Family, Wife, Children, Dare Adeboye, Leke Adeboye / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 11:35am On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
as of that time , being naked is not a sin because the apostles paul say when there is no law, their is no violations of law
so you mean satan made the laws?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by isaacputi(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2015
coollabman:

pls send a copy to coollabman@gmail.com
Pls send copy to through isaacowoputi@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by isaacputi(m): 11:37am On Dec 27, 2015
isaacputi:

Pls send copy to me through isaacowoputi@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Banter1(m): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2015
koladata:

Please I beg you guys in the Name of God, I have been looking for this book, please kindly send it to koladata@gmail.com
he didn't send to me. But look what I found on google»»»»»> book-ofenoch.com/chapter-i/
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by leofab(f): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
as of that time , being naked is not a sin because the apostles paul say when there is no law, their is no violations of law
you see? Laws sprang up because weren't primitive anymore aast God want them to be. There wouldn't be laws if men are without wisdom; just like the apes in the jungle. So be thankful to the demons for your wisdom. This is why God is mad with Satan for opening your eyes and regretted created you; yet they issue all sort of libel against you and y'all swallow both hook; line; sinker and bait!

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Tellemall: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it

Before you go on about this omitted book of yours, which Enoch are you talking about? Who was he? Was he a prophet, a king? Who is Enoch?

This is like the Judith and Tobit and the Maccabees.

All the people who have books dedicated to them have a real story to them. This Enoch character doesn't.

Nobody is missing his "missing" book.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by iPopAlomo(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2015
joseph1832:
I never called you a liar dude, and saying I did is just saying you're the one catching feeling.

I only meant for you to focus your search light on your own religion and not any other. That's the best way to start.

Do you think I haven't... Islam, Christianity, done... Stop trying the defend the indefensible...

is the Bible complete...?! no...
Do I know about it...?! yes...
am I sorry...?! no...

same as the Quran...
Do I think the laws are a madness...?! yes...
Should something be done about it...?! yes...
Should the sunni and shiite muslim integrate...?! yes...

So you see... I know tonnes of shiiit goes down...

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ayokanmi3(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Dont frgt to share with us after reading it.. Check ur mail
Pls send to my mail aswell...... ayokanmioyeyemi@gmail.com Thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by aalangel(f): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2015
OP, why don't you like finishing your sentences?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Banter1(m): 11:42am On Dec 27, 2015
Tobeein:
. Pl send to tochiemenike@gmail.com
he didn't send to me, but this is what I found on google. »»»> " Book-ofenoch.com/chapter-i/ " don't use this »»»> www.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 27, 2015
Pls b so kind to send to lustychima@gmail.com
praxs:

Lol! Did not say me afraid, i read just a part of it
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by joseph1832(m): 11:49am On Dec 27, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Do you think I haven't... Islam, Christianity, done... Stop trying the defend the indefensible...

is the Bible complete...?! no...
Do I know about it...?! yes...
am I sorry...?! no...

same as the Quran...
Do I think the laws are a madness...?! yes...
Should something be done about it...?! yes...
Should the sunni and shiite muslim integrate...?! yes...

So you see... I know tonnes of shiiit goes down...
Okay, no need to go into a b1tch fit bro. Take it easy....
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 27, 2015
SirJeffry:
Would it have been better if I ended up in yabaleft or be opening silly threads like one popular male nairalander here

Let me tell you, some of those oyibo great thinkers, go and read about their end. Most of them ended up psychos. Abeg, Wetin concern me na to go church, pray, give my offering(pastor go chop naa) and go home jeejee.grin

The key however is not to read more than your brain can carry. At least you have so many years tteo read. Knowledge can indeed be evil. Look at einstein, he ended up a crazy man. Though his theories are credited now. Knowledge overload can kill. Too much info all at once is bad
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by vicoloni(m): 11:50am On Dec 27, 2015
[quote author=Dbrainiac1 post=41383887]

Can you pls send it to me too victoroniyire@yahoo.co.uk

thx
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

thanks so much. I have seen it
please forward.... Alexanderodidi@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2015
Sir vicoloni
here is it http://book-ofenoch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/bookofenoch.pdf

Sorry... I don't have enough mb, I can't send it via email
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Sacramento4real(m): 11:56am On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Check ur mail, let me know when its delivered
Abeg boss, share the National cake reach me. Uyomerealexander @gmail.com grin
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by opedaydydx9(m): 11:58am On Dec 27, 2015
GodMode:

2 Chronicles 14: 9 -15
Zerah the Ethiopian came out against them with an army of a million men and 300 chariots, and came as far as Mareshah. And Asa went out to meet him, and they drew up their lines of battle in the Valley of Zephathah at Mareshah. And Asa cried to the Lord his God, “O Lord, there is none like you to help, between the mighty and the weak. Help us, O Lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this multitude. O Lord, you are our God; let not man prevail against you.” So the Lord defeated the Ethiopians before Asa and before Judah, and the Ethiopians fled. Asa and the people who were with him pursued them as far as Gerar, and the Ethiopians fell until none remained alive, for they were broken before the Lord and his army. The men of Judah carried away very much spoil. ...
ehn God defeated dem.... I don't have much business with past events from thousands of years... We all choose to serve the Lord in our own unique way same goes for the unbelievers..
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by lymelyte(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

thanks so much. I have seen it
send to me pls
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Takoro13(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
you did not read, if you did you cannot be deceive so easily like this, the book of enoch is satanic and cannot be trusted, enoch died long time ago, someone came with lies to deceive people like you.

Here's chapter 48:1-3 of the book of enoch ...
1 And in that place I saw the
fountain of righteousness Which
was inexhaustible: And around it
were many fountains of wisdom:
And all the thirsty drank of them,
And were filled with wisdom, And
their dwellings were with the
righteous and holy and elect. 2
And at that hour that Son of Man
was named In the presence of
the Lord of Spirits, And his name
before the Head of Days. 3 Yea,
before the sun and the signs
were created, Before the stars of
the heaven were made, HIS NAME
WAS NAMED before the
Lord of Spirits.

Was the Son of Man named? When was Jesus named in Heaven? This is an attack on the deity of Jesus. Jesus Himself claimed in Revelation 1:8, " I
am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. " Jesus is Eternal, without beginning or end. Head of Days? Lord of Spirits? These terms are NOT found in the Bible. IF the Book of Enoch were
valid, composing well over 100 chapters, there should be numerous New Testament references to it; but there aren't. Although some people claim that the Bible quotes the Book of Enoch over 100 times, this is simply not true. Just as the Qur'an, the Book of Enoch borrows from the Word of God. In sharp contrast to the Book of Enoch, the New Testament often quotes the Book of Genesis.

how do you convince me that the book of enoch is realy full of lies like quran and the origin of bible was not the origin of lies.
have you read in your bible where jesus said this book am using to quide you shall be named bible?
have you ever ask your pastor(s) while those books were removed?
have you ever looked into bible and discover there are still many other issues that contradict others and needs to be removed?
do you think those engaged in collating bible conpromised to those book you think contain lies?
or you want to tell us that they were also liers?
finally, i want to remind you that the person originate this issue was not bias but want to bring out unoticeable points.
in conclusion, pleace! dont rubbish The Holy Qur'an
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by bizza45: 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
Bizza2005@gmail.com abeg I need am
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ubongshine120: 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it
Please, this is my Gmail, kindly send it to me.
Shineglory755@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Fynestboi: 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
The first part of the Book of Enoch describes the fall of the Watchers, the angels who fathered the Nephilim. The remainder of the book describes Enoch's visits to heaven in the form of travels, visions and dreams, and his revelations.

The book consists of five quite distinct major sections (see each section for details):

The Book of the Watchers (1 Enoch 1–36)
The Book of Parables of Enoch (1 Enoch 37–71) (also called the Similitudes of Enoch)
The Astronomical Book (1 Enoch 72–82) (also called the Book of the Heavenly Luminaries or Book of Luminaries)
The Book of Dream Visions (1 Enoch 83–90) (also called the Book of Dreams)
The Epistle of Enoch (1 Enoch 91–108)
Most scholars believe that these five sections were originally independent works[6] (with different dates of composition), themselves a product of much editorial arrangement, and were only later redacted into what we now call 1 Enoch.

I need a copy as well.. Fynestboi@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by IGBOPRINCE: 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
man has freewill to chose to obey God or disobey God. For All those quoting me and insulting me for exposing this book. IT IS WELL!!!
pls tell us what is evil about the book of enoch, and give us reference frm the book. Thanx
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by shakrullah(m): 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Sure. But am not sure i can upload upto 9mb here
Please sir can I also get it. My email habeebshakrullah@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by shakrullah(m): 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Sure. But am not sure i can upload upto 9mb here
Please sir can I also get it. My email habeebshakrullah@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by patrickkkk: 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
Shori:
Important?
July 8, 2014 by Jack Wellman 33 Comments
There are some books that were claimed to have
been lost and not in the Bible. Are they
important enough to know about or to have
been included in the Bible?
The Sufficiency of Scripture
Second Timothy 3:14-17 “But as for you,
continue in what you have learned and have
firmly believed, knowing from whom you
learned it and how from childhood you have
been acquainted with the sacred writings,
which are able to make you wise for
salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All
Scripture is breathed out by God and
profitable for teaching, for reproof, for
correction, and for training in righteousness,
that the man of God may be complete,
equipped for every good work.”
When Paul wrote to Timothy about being
equipped for teaching the church he stated that
he had already “learned and firmly believed…
the sacred writings, which are able to make you
wise for salvation [for] All Scripture is breathed
out by God.” When Paul wrote “all Scripture,”
in effect he was saying that all Scripture has
been already been provided and that Timothy
had already “learned it…from childhood [being]
acquainted with the sacred writings” which are
the Scriptures. Paul, nor does any other writer
in the New Testament indicate that there are
other Scriptures that we need to learn from and
as Jude wrote, this was “the faith that was once
for all delivered to the saints” ( Jude 1:3 ). The
phrase “once delivered” is language that
indicated that the message of the faith has
already been delivered once and we could add
“for all.”
Canonized Scriptures
There are literally dozens of other books that
were written about the church and some that
contain writings about the Old Testament period
but they were never canonized into the Bible
because, even though they were inspiring, the
church fathers did not see them as inspired by
the Holy Spirit. If a book is not the inspired
words of God then they should not be in the
Bible as we know it today. We can say with
authority that the 39 books of the Old Testament
and the 27 books of the New Testament were
universally accepted by the church but many
other books such as 1 Maccabees, the Wisdom of
Solomon and other such books are what we call
the Apocrypha and were never placed into the
Bible as we know it today. Although these
extra-biblical books may have some accurate
historical accounts, God, in His sovereignty, did
not cause them to be accepted as His inspired
words and so they were not included in the
Bible.
Extra-Biblical Books
The Catholic Bible contains additional books
that are not in the 66 books of the Bible and
even though they may contain historical
accounts of Israel, they do not belong in the
Bible. This would be like including Josephus’
“Antiquities of the Jews” in the Bible of today
because although it is historically accurate, it
was not written under the inspiration of the
Holy Spirit. Josephus certainly has some
accurate historical writings and as inspiring as
they are, we know that his writings were not
inspired by God and that is the litmus test of
Holy Scriptures; they must be the inspired Word
of God to be included in the Word of God, the
Bible. Unless we can be certain that they were
written under divine, God-breathed inspiration,
they do not belong there. These extra-biblical
books belong in the church history section of a
church library but not in the Bible.
Are the Lost Books of the Bible Inspired by
God?
There are many books that claim to be written
by Christians who some believe were written
under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit but they
fail the test of accuracy. The Epistle of Barnabas
for example was not even written by the
Barnabas that we know of in the Bible;
therefore it is an imposter and does not belong
in the Bible. The lost gospel of Judas was
discovered in 1970 is Gnostic in nature.
Gnosticism was an apostate belief that we could
enter the kingdom of heaven by secret
knowledge that is revealed only to a select few.
In the “gospel” of Judas, Judas claimed that he
was instructed by Christ to betray Him because
it was the Master’s last wish before He was
crucified. This “gospel” also had Jesus’
marrying Mary Magdalene but there is no such
historical or biblical evidence to support such a
story.
There are also other fake gospels from Thomas,
which was exposed to be a forgery, and the
gospel of Mary that also contains significant
doctrinal errors. Other such alleged gospels or
books were written by Philipp, Peter (the
Apocalypse of Peter), and even extend into Old
Testament with writings such as Psalms of
Solomon 4, the Secrets of Enoch, the Conflict of
Adam and Eve with Satan, and many other such
heretical books. These books that were
supposedly lost should have stayed lost. These
are forgeries and are clearly not inspired books
of the Bible and have no place in the Bible
today. The Gospel of Mary is another example
of a book that is not inspired by God and
contains a plethora of heretical teachings.
Conclusion
All we need is all that we already have
contained in the Bible’s 66 books. There is no
need of further revelation from God outside of
the inspired Word of God. The sufficiency of
the Scriptures is enough for us to know that the
fall of man necessitated the need for a Redeemer
and that was Jesus Christ Who came and lived a
sinless life to die for the sins of those who would
repent and trust in Him. Jesus came to close the
gap of the separation that our sins had created
and made possible our having a relationship
with God and to have eternal life by Jesus’
death. If you have repented and trusted in
Christ, you already have had that separation
from God ended but if you haven’t been born
again, then you presently have the wrath of God
still abiding on you (John 3:36) and stand
condemned as you read this (John 3:18 ). Why
not trust in Christ today so that you too can
finally have peace with God through Jesus
Christ’s atonement (Rom 5:10)?

Thank you for your enlightenment. we don't need to add or remove more books from the Bible just as God commanded us, if there were need for that God would had done it. If God had wanted some books to be present in our present day Bible God would had put it in as a book in the Bible. The point is that obedience to God's word in the Bible is enough to get one to HEAVEN.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by triggaSG(m): 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
2016Utmerunz:
Holla me I send it
boss..i sight you
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by preciousMI1(f): 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
yes. Bible advice us to search for the truth until we are fully convinced that God is light.

bible verse please
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Rexology: 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
i have the softcopy, too bulky couldnt read it coz of time
Please send me a copy blesrex@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MicroIce(m): 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Read and evaluate. grin
I could also send you the Grail message if you want.
I like free minds. cool
pls, help 4ward it to my mail junaidtunde1@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Visits Village In Niger State Where Women Go Topless. Photos / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.