Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (95155 Views)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye & His Family, Wife, Children, Dare Adeboye, Leke Adeboye / God Used A Witch To Save My Life — Pastor Enoch Adeboye / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Collinsemegreat(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Certainly there must have been reasons as to why the books where removed. Some christians have dug deeper in searching those reasons, dis thread is 4 dos who have an insight as to why. U can tellus what u know abt it
send to anigalaemeke@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by malvisguy212: 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
preciousMI1:

bible verse please
CHRISTIANS ARE CALLED TO USE THEIR MIND>>>>"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment." ( Matthew 22:37-38) When we examine our world and the evidence for the existence of God, we are worshipping God with our mind.it's either we love God with our mind or reject him, it's a choice. CHRISTIANS ARE CALLED TO UNDERSTAND EVIDENCE>>>>Acts 17:31 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished PROOF to all men by raising Him from the dead.” The Greek word used for "proof" in Acts 17:31 is "pistis". The word is derived from "peitho" which is a Greek verb that means "to convince by argument" that something is either true or false. CHRISTIANS ARE CALLED TO EXAMINE THEIR BELIEF>>>>1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But EXAMINE everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good… God wants us to know what we believe and why we believe it. We’re not called to numbly trust everything that might be taught in our world today.Skepticism is important to the Christian faith; skepticism causes us to examine what we believe and search for the evidence that confirms our beliefs. God honors this kind of skepticism because He knows that it leads to a deeper faith in Him. There is a place for skepticism in the life of the Christian because it causes us to "examine the Scriptures daily". CHRISTIANS ARE CALLED TO BE CONVINCED OF WHAT THEY BELIEVE>>>>2 Timothy 3:14 14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become CONVINCED of, knowing from whom you have learned them. Conviction is the result of certainty, and certainty is the result of evidential confidence. We are called to be convinced by mastering the evidence that supports what we believe. The Christians life is not one of "wishful thinking" or "hope in the unreasonable". It is a life of certainty, grounded in the evidence. CHRISTIANS ARE CALLED TO BE CASE MAKER>>>>1 Peter 3:15 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; Once we have examined the evidence and have come to the conclusion that Christianity is true, we are called to be ready to make a strong defense for what we believe. IN CONCLUSION; Christians can be "case makers" precisely because the Christian faith is an evidential faith. When we, as Christians, argue for the truth of the Christian Worldview, we are not sharing an opinion. There either is a God, or there is not. Jesus is that God, or He is not. Salvation comes through Christ alone (as Jesus Himself maintained), or it does not. This is not a matter of opinion, personal preference or wishful thinking. The Christian faith is grounded in evidence that can be assessed and evaluated. The Christian faith is an evidential faith.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by TruthHurts1(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
leofab:
roman 3:7 read and be blessed!!!

Like most people who are not guided by the Spirit in interpreting scripture you have erred most grievously.
The context of that scripture is that the Jews were in the habit of claiming that the gospel of Jesus was a falsehood. The Jews claimed that the disciples stole Jesus' body and faked his resurrection (see Matthew 28:9–15; John 20:2, 13) and as such, this was a direct attack on the central theme of the Gospel that Christ had overcome death because He is the Messiah.
In Romans 3:7 what Paul was saying is that if his "lies" ("lies" according to those who denied the gospel) have somehow attested to the greater glory of God's truth, how can he be called a sinner?

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by malvisguy212: 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
Takoro13:

how do you convince me that the book of enoch is realy full of lies like quran and the origin of bible was not the origin of lies.
have you read in your bible where jesus said this book am using to quide you shall be named bible?
have you ever ask your pastor(s) while those books were removed?
have you ever looked into bible and discover there are still many other issues that contradict others and needs to be removed?
do you think those engaged in collating bible conpromised to those book you think contain lies?
or you want to tell us that they were also liers?
finally, i want to remind you that the person originate this issue was not bias but want to bring out unoticeable points.
in conclusion, pleace! dont rubbish The Holy Qur'an
I do not need to convinced you, you just have to search for the truth, I am satisfied with the bible I have, I do not need any other book. Thank you.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Segzyelnino(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kindly share me too the book ekundayooluwasegun@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by olatunjin(m): 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Check ur mail, let me know when its delivered
Pls send it to me tooo.....Olatunjeecake@gmail.com and Olatunjeecakes@yahoo.com. Will really appreciate if you can send it to the 2 emails though the spelling are different.
Thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Anita1875(f): 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

smiley smileySure.
have you read everything?
could u pls forward it to my mail too? aprokoexpert@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by systemz(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

smiley smileySure.
have you read everything?
Habba! Som1 said he couldn't read it cuz of volume and u're asking "have you read everything?".
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by klarrychenko94: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
the book of enoch say People are 450-Feet Tall?

7:12 Whose stature was each
three hundred cubits. These
devoured all which the labor of
men produced; until it became
impossible to feed them;
7:13 When they turned
themselves against men, in
order to devour them;
7:14 And began to injure birds,
beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to
eat their flesh one after
another, and to drink their
blood.
7:15 Then the earth reproved the
unrighteous.

A "cubit" is 1.5 feet. The ark which Noah built was 300 cubits long (Genesis 6:15). Do you mean to tell me that some women had children who were as tall as the ark was long?You've got to be joking! Such foolish conjecture is a violation of the simplest teachings of the Bible. In
Genesis 6: we read, " There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

But why did you omit from verse 1-11. The human beings there were giants given birth to when some angels came to earth to have relationship with earth females. The event is in the bible, the bible talked about giants.

The omitted verses from the book of Enoch:

1It happened after the sons of men had multiplied in those days, that daughters were born to them, elegant and beautiful.

2And when the angels, (3) the sons of heaven, beheld them, they became enamoured of them, saying to each other, Come, let us select for ourselves wives from the progeny of men, and let us beget children.

(3) An Aramaic text reads "Watchers" here (J.T. Milik, Aramaic Fragments of Qumran Cave 4 [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1976], p. 167).

3Then their leader Samyaza said to them; I fear that you may perhaps be indisposed to the performance of this enterprise;

4And that I alone shall suffer for so grievous a crime.

5But they answered him and said; We all swear;

6And bind ourselves by mutual execrations, that we will not change our intention, but execute our projected undertaking.

7Then they swore all together, and all bound themselves by mutual execrations. Their whole number was two hundred, who descended upon Ardis, (4) which is the top of mount Armon.

(4) Upon Ardis. Or, "in the days of Jared" (R.H. Charles, ed. and trans., The Book of Enoch [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1893], p. 63).

8That mountain therefore was called Armon, because they had sworn upon it, (5) and bound themselves by mutual execrations.

(5) Mt. Armon, or Mt. Hermon, derives its name from the Hebrew word herem, a curse (Charles, p. 63).

9These are the names of their chiefs: Samyaza, who was their leader, Urakabarameel, Akibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Azkeel, Saraknyal, Asael, Armers, Batraal, Anane, Zavebe, Samsaveel, Ertael, Turel, Yomyael, Arazyal. These were the prefects of the two hundred angels, and the remainder were all with them. (6)

(6) The Aramaic texts preserve an earlier list of names of these Watchers: Semihazah; Artqoph; Ramtel; Kokabel; Ramel; Danieal; Zeqiel; Baraqel; Asael; Hermoni; Matarel; Ananel; Stawel; Samsiel; Sahriel; Tummiel; Turiel; Yomiel; Yhaddiel (Milik, p. 151).

10Then they took wives, each choosing for himself; whom they began to approach, and with whom they cohabited; teaching them sorcery, incantations, and the dividing of roots and trees.

11And the women conceiving brought forth giants, (7)

(7) The Greek texts vary considerably from the Ethiopic text here. One Greek manuscript adds to this section, "And they [the women] bore to them [the Watchers] three races–first, the great giants. The giants brought forth [some say "slew"] the Naphelim, and the Naphelim brought forth [or "slew"] the Elioud. And they existed, increasing in power according to their greatness." See the account in the Book of Jubilees.

12Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;

13When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;

14And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, (cool and to drink their blood.

(cool Their flesh one after another. Or, "one another’s flesh." R.H. Charles notes that this phrase may refer to the destruction of one class of giants by another (Charles, p. 65).

15Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by malvisguy212: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
olassy239:
since u accept the stories told in the bible.y can't u accept this,assuming this book came b4 the bible....won't u condemn the bible as false and lies
I cannot accept lies, the book say angels give eternal life, things only God alone can do. Isn't this a way to blasphemy God ?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by musicwriter(m): 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
The book of Enoch was DELETED to conceal the true identity and race of the REAL Hebrews/Israelites who were Ethiopians.

Not only the book of Enoch, but actually many books were removed. So many books were removed and the Bible whitewashed!.

The original bible contained 80 books, not 66 books. Below are some of the 14 books of Apocryphal removed from Bible:-

The book of Enoch.
The book of Jubilees.
The book of Thomas.
The book of Jasher
Songs of the three children.
The book of Jehu
The book of Nathan the prophet.

For example; The book of Jasher was mentioned at: 2 Samuel 1: 17-18 KJV. Yet, the book itself is not found in the current bible!. These deleted books contains the origin of the black race, that could trace the original Hebrews/Jesus Christ/Israelites, e.t.c back to Africa.

Still researching on the rest, and will get them soon.

Facts about Jesus Christ, like his race and his ancestors was grossly distorted by the Roman Empire, during the renaissance era (1300 –1700 century), specifically during the papacy of Pope Alexander VI. Before this period even part of Europe worshipped black Christ who was gaining massive converts. You can see it was a threat to Rome.

1. Jesus Christ was a Blackman, not a white man.
2. His real name was Yehoshua or Yeshua for short.
3. In fact, the Jewish religion that birthed Christianity originated from
Ethiopians.
4. Adam and Eve were black people, cause human life began in Africa.
e.t.c.

The church and the whole world have been fooled via western education that carries only European perspectives to African history.

NB: I made a song about it, Google "the lost history" by Africason. Or wait till January 10th to get it on iTunes, amazon, e.t.c.

a). The lost history.
b). Jesus Christ was a Blackman.

If you're a scholarly person or just a person in search of the truth, please go to www.Africason.com, then read the article "Jesus Christ was a Blackman - according to the bible. Check "February 2015" archives.

IMPORTANT: There's a documentary at the bottom of that page that proved everything beyond doubts. Make sure to watch that documentary. It will reboot your brain.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
Godsate:
Nice book. I read it and become more closer to God. If you read it, you will never doubt the esistence of God any longer. The book will make yohave knowledge of many activities that is happening in this world and the dept of what happened in the old testament. It also reveal the real spiritual events that sciencetist never know.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Did the book tell u why God condone suffering,why he share his kindom with the devil and abandoned his children in the hands of lucifer,why he has no power over lucifer..........

Did the book tell u that God and lucifer are blood brothers,that why he can't wipe him off the face of earth

Humor me

Religion spits!!!
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by klarrychenko94: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
olassy239:
wow I will love to read this book.it feels real and truthfull, just the cloud covering ur face has not make u notice

This is the link to the book

http://reluctant-messenger.com/1enoch01-60.htm#Chapter01
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ekea2001: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:
Interesting. I really want to know about this book.

Send me the soft copy - ekea2001q@gmail.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by dejavski(m): 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

Please can u forward it to dedeayodeji@yahoo.com

I'll appreciate it
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Bigshark(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
Bro can I equally hv it plS... Fliprizzy@gmail.com
praxs:

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by dejavski(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
musicwriter:
The book of Enoch was DELETED to conceal the race of the REAL Hebrews/Israelites who were Ethiopians.

Not only the book of Enoch, but actually many books were removed. The original bible contained 80 books, not 66 books. Below are some of the 14 books of Apocryphal removed from Bible:-

The book of Enoch.
The book of Jubilees.
The book of Thomas.
The book of Jasher
Songs of the three children.
The book of Jehu
The book of Nathan the prophet.

For example; The book of Jasher was mentioned at: 2 Samuel 1: 17-18 KJV.
Yet, the book itself is not found in the current bible!. These deleted books contains the origin of the black race, that could trace the original Hebrews/Jesus Christ/Israelites, e.t.c back to Africa.

Still researching on the rest, and will get them soon.

Facts about Jesus Christ, like his race and his ancestors was grossly distorted
by the Roman Empire, during the renaissance era (1300 –1700 century), specifically during the papacy of Pope Alexander VI. Before this period even part of Europe worshipped black Christ who was gaining massive converts. You can see it was a threat to Rome.

1. Jesus Christ was a Blackman, not a white man.
2. His real name was Yehoshua or Yeshua for short.
3. In fact, the Jewish religion that birthed Christianity originated from
Ethiopians.
4. Adam and Eve were black people, cause human life began in Africa.
e.t.c.

The church and the whole world have been fooled via western education that
carries only European perspectives to African history.

NB: I made a song about it, Google "the lost history" by Africason. Or wait till
January 10th to get it on iTunes, amazon, e.t.c.

a). The lost history.
b). Jesus Christ was a Blackman.

There is one book of tobias if am right?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ajinoride(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

ok. my email add - abydothes@yahoo.com thanks.
pls can u send it to me too: oladeolu2002@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Cmiller(m): 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:

please also forward to my mail: obiemeka2k2@gmail.com

thanks so much
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it

there are several 'religious' writings and books that never made it to the compilation of the 66 books.

there's the gospel of mary, the gospel of philip, the gospel of james...amongst others.

emperor constantine was the one who convened the council of nicea (the nicene council) and compiled the 66 books of the Bible among other things they did.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by H2Ossss(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
plz ill need the soft copy... my email is ouangbaoje@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Okwyjesus(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
i have the softcopy, too bulky couldnt read it coz of time

Pls send me the soft copy l will appraciate.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Okwyjesus(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
i have the softcopy, too bulky couldnt read it coz of time

Pls send me the soft copy l will appraciate. diamondpoint2009@yahoo.com
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by NOBODYY: 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by NOBODYY: 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by musicwriter(m): 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
dejavski:

There is one book of tobias if am right?

There're a total of 14 deleted books. The one I listed are the one I'm sure for now. Check my last post before this, to watch the documentary.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by hadura29(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
praxs:
Why was the Book of Enoch removed from the bible?
I did do a little research before posting my question and found out that only the Ethiopian Christians kept it, that Jews rejected it because it......
well the thing is that fragments of it were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It seems like an authentic part of the Old Testament and only Ethiopians have...
But even the accepted Genesis which Christians accept says angels from heaven had children with earthly female humans, so the book of Enoch only expands on...
The original book of Enoch is written in a mixture of Ge'ez (or something like that spoken in Ethiopia), Aramaic and Latin. Lets share what we know about it

Gbemijip@yahoo.com.. Please send it to me.. Thanks..
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Forwetinnah: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Did Moses write the book or not...?! if yes...?! can you deny the fact that he was filled with the holy spirit...?!

Believe what you want anyway...

Why don't you throw more light into your line of argument since you seem to be in the know. Christianity isn't a religion for Petty Tantrum throwers, who get ticked by mere cartoons and Internet trolls. Most of us are ready to listen and decipher for ourselves what the truth is without taking offence. Tell us what you know...im seriously following.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Forwetinnah: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
coollabman:

the book was never in the bible in the first place! church fathers as at that time gathered and examined several scriptures to determine if they were genuinely inspired by the holy spirit. Christianity just became state religion in Rome and there was need to streamline activities and stamp out paganism. many christian sects and scriptures were available then. some were overtly heretical (as in their message did not align with that of the church fathers) while some (like the book of Enoch) were somehow complicated. these books certainly contained biblical truth, but there were passages/chapters/verses in these books that were suspicious. hence these books were described as non-canonical and excluded from what eventually became the bible (as we see it today).

Hmmmnn.. i think the Roman Catholics have secrets to both Religions (Christianity and Islam) because they witnessed the birth and beginning to both hence their affiliation to Islam
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Abigail09(f): 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
shocked Guys i have almost a hundred people asking for the book. its not possible for me to send to all. My mail is already crying for help. please no more mesgs. lemme send to those that i have.Thanks
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ademasta(m): 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:

I have sent it
Thank you very much... Happy sunday
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by ademasta(m): 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
Abigail09:
shocked Guys i have almost a hundred people asking for the book. its not possible for me to send to all. My mail is already crying for help. please no more mesgs. lemme send to those that i have.Thanks
Hehehe..."Crying for help"

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Visits Village In Niger State Where Women Go Topless. Photos / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.