Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters (39111 Views)

Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Vacation In London (Photos) / Buhari Departs Nigeria For London For Vacation (Photos) / Oshiomhole's Face When Iara Greets VP Osinbajo (Caption The Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by justjify(m): 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
amunkita:
VP abeg come Deira make we give u Virginus Abana for ur stay....
Chief where in Deira you dey stay?
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by olasunky15(m): 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
simonlee:
My fellow Nigerians....
It's barely 7 months when the APC Gov't assumed power, but they way the country has turned upside-down, you'll think bad luck has waited patiently for Nigerians to vote APC.
See the queue in our gas stations, you'll think it was being given free of charge. But we buy at double the price (tears in my eyes)
To pay salaries na issue for a whole federal gov't. Seeing an alert is enough reason to give thanksgiving in church (tears start rolling down my face)
Now our able VP, Prof. Osinbajo is travelling to Dubai on vacation, as if Christmas never do am (starts wailing)
Chai.....is this change?!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/680896230126432256?p=v

Breaking news

man united sacks LVG, Mourinho to take over.....

dats d only news am waiting for......

as for d VP, he can go to Venezuela

wake me up wen it's on d news
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by anonimi: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Ecoterrorist:
He wants to also junket like his oga

Presidential jets plenty na and there is plenty money to burn while fulfilling their promises can wait embarassed embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3110645_fbimg1448076237755_jpegb81705f215df4cf84b2646faec06a206

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2013/12/29/2014-fg-maintain-presidential-jets-n152bn-punch

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856745_france1_jpegbcac12e5182a39792bfe884c7ba4f4fd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2534006_bac_jpegc61aa2b5c36e6eaed9536f13d8712e19

GMB‬ Speech While Addressing Nigeria Community In The United Kingdom.

I Will Maintain a modest lifestyle as President -Muhammadu Buhari.

“One of the major killers of our economy apart from corruption is waste. Our scarce resources are being plundered away very carelessly and unnecessarily wasted. Let me give an instance, presently, there are more than 6 aircraft in the presidential fleet. What do you call that? Billions of naira is budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational cost and other expenses.

You may want to ask what a Nigerian President is doing with so many aircraft when a Prime Minister of Britain fly around using the same public aircraft like an ordinary Briton.

Go and check and compare with that of any developed country in the world, the office of the Nigerian President is a very expensive one inspite our high level of poverty, lack and joblessness. Despite all these, you still find a Nigerian Minister spending about N10billion to charter an aircraft for just one year. Now, for me, when we come into office, all these waste will be blocked and properly channelled into our economy. We intend for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian airways. [size=14pt]We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airways[/size] and within a year increase the fleet into about 20.

More from: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=217159

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by amunkita(m): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
justjify:

Chief where in Deira you dey stay?

Baba nah the Banana Iceland side oo..
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
seunmsg:

Going by your argument, the presence of the speaker of house of representatives for example is really not needed since the house can sit and pass bills once a quorum is formed right? Again, I thought you said the VP only chairs advisory body grin grin. At least, you now realise NCP is not just an advisory body, it also approves. Enjoy your day bro.
Haha, the Speaker can even go to space, he won't be really missed. I'm not demeaning the office of VeePee o, in fact, I will be glad to occupy the office. But truth remains that his absence won't be felt.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by joedrae(m): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
OP should fear God na. VP that is in Lagos...that preached in church this morning.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by AreaFada2: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
dubai?
wetin do obudu cattle ranch or other good places in the country?
is this not impunity continua?
anywhr e no consain me if him like make him go hell. he must surely come back n finish this chain things.

They don't know how to use their position to promote local products and services.

Our so-called leaders are all like that, not only VP.

See the thread with Prime Minister Balewa on annual leave in 1963. At a time Nigeria was very well respected.

https://www.nairaland.com/934491/simplicity-humility-pic-abubakar-tafawa
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by barcaboi(m): 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

All are advisory bodies. The BPE does the day-2-day running on privatisation. The Economic Team takes care of the economy of Nigeria, while the minister of national planning handles the running of the sector. The VeePee role as Chair on NEC, NCP and NPC are mere advisory.
whether advisory or not, he is the 2nd in command and number 2 citizen.....And if the boss is not around, then power switches to him whether big or little.....
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by barcaboi(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

All are advisory bodies. The BPE does the day-2-day running on privatisation. The Economic Team takes care of the economy of Nigeria, while the minister of national planning handles the running of the sector. The VeePee role as Chair on NEC, NCP and NPC are mere advisory.
whether advisory or not, he is the 2nd in command and number 2 citizen.....And if the boss is not around, then power switches to him whether big or little....
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
2n2k:

Sorry, what is Economic Team? What law created it? Who are its statutory and/or co-opted members? What happen or which law will the president be violating if he decides not to have an Economic Team?
He won't be violating any law. The Economic Team is usually constituted by the President and headed by whoever he feels is fit enough to lead his economic charge. In Obj's era it was Okonjo Iwaela, in GEJ's era it was still Iwaela. The President has the prerogative whether or not to constitute it and they drive his overall economic policy.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
slap1:

He can be reading newspapers for four years, according to one Yoruba man.
That man na funny man. But that position still get benefits o
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
barcaboi:

whether advisory or not, he is the 2nd in command and number 2 citizen.....And if the boss is not around, then power switches to him whether big or little.....
Absolutely!

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
grafikii:

I thought you created a thread sometime ago on how minister and not perm secs are the engine room of the government operations
Yes, I did. What's the problem?
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by CSTR2: 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
Vacation in dubai? joker. grin
What has he done in 7 months? A mayor in newyork does more work in a year than this guy will do in four years.

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by lukaino(m): 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
When will people stop hating?
Lets face it, 7months is enough time for a very busy person to take some short break, if for nothing else, to do a little bit of retrospection and set the tone for a new year.
If I may ask, how many breaks have the National Assembly taken since the inception of this administration? I've lost count truly.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by vislabraye(m): 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
akinsbaba2015:
Does that look like sahara reporters to you? The mischief makers and shameless propagandists will rot in the hottest part of HELL.

They did same under Gej, why wail now . Our leaders should be held accountable.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Elxandre(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
Obama spent his holidays in Hawaii, while our VP travelled across the world to Dubai and people are asking what is wrong?

Let David Cameron spend his Christmas holidays in Cape town and see the backlash he'll get.

So nowhere within the 36 states in Nigeria is good enough to spend his holidays right?
Ok...
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Elxandre(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
ybalogs:
So cos he's VP now, he shouldn't live his life again. My younger brother who's still job searching and my pretty niece working with Skybank are in Dubai now just for the festive period, so what's the fuss?
Your pretty niece's contact and picture or this is just another lie grin

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Winning123: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
sosanova:
Vacation after less than 8 months in office?

Welcome to CHNAGE

Several Oloshos have already been booked to service Pastor Osibanjo

It is obvious you are not well informed. In some multinational company, you can even take vacation a month after resuming. What is wrong in the man taking a break. Even our Lord Jesus regularly takes a break after long ministration. Why are you so evil intentioned
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Fanirandele: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
its a lie the VP Preached at the Redeemed by Banana Island this morning

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by 2n2k(m): 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

He won't be violating any law. The Economic Team is usually constituted by the President and headed by whoever he feels is fit enough to lead his economic charge. In Obj's era it was Okonjo Iwaela, in GEJ's era it was still Iwaela. The President has the prerogative whether or not to constitute it and they drive his overall economic policy.

Thank you. I knew all these. I only asked the question because you sounded as if the VP is subordinate to Economic Team in your initial posts. At least we both know that economic team just like coordinating minister is just a policy that can be adopted or dispensed with, depending on the strategy that an administration intends to follow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by wristbangle: 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
EternalTruths:
Everybody shout

CHAINNN grin

Thank God we the SS/SE were not deceived

Even though APC are also guilty of not making making country great, It's seem u are used to the way PDP maltreated the country.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by sparkleRed(f): 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
Wat have they done dat he's going on leave?
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by CltrAltDel: 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
anonimi:

Presidential jets plenty na and there is plenty money to burn while fulfilling their promises can wait embarassed embarassed

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2013/12/29/2014-fg-maintain-presidential-jets-n152bn-punch

ANUS-NIMI I hate to burst ya bubble the VP is in nigeria. ..he even preached tiday at RCCG banana island .....Ntor

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nobody is demeaning the VeePee's office.... Check my first statement on the thread...
2n2k:

Thank you. I knew all these. I only asked the question because you sounded as if the VP is subordinate to Economic Team in your initial posts. At least we both know that economic team just like coordinating minister is just a policy that can be adopted or dispensed with, depending on the strategy that an administration intends to follow.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by onyxo76(m): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
Let him travel where ever he wishes...at least i'm enjoying the harmattan breeze under the iroko tree in my village and eating freshly cooked vegetable soup... Since my master card won't work over there in dubai and my aboki has traveled for the holidays i can still enjoy my holiday...
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by franudi: 2:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
cold:
Why Dubai? Why not improve and encourage the tourism potentials of the country by visiting hitherto unknown parts of the country. Thereby opening such areas to the rest of the country and the world at large. Thus,increasing the country's tourism potentials. I know their core apologists will never see things from this angle but will be only to quick to label anyone with a dissenting view as a hater. Anyhoo..na dem sabi.
Better still,since they have defeated boko haram,he can go to sambisa resort for the vacation.

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by divine9540: 2:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
while his counter part in Ghana cancelled all first class flight.witches and wizards in Nigerian gov.afici pigs Congress
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by justjify(m): 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
amunkita:

Baba nah the Banana Iceland side oo..

Which one be banana Iceland again? Near Linda ikeji ni? wink
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by UyiIredia(m): 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
SirJeffry:
Why Sahaliar reporters come dey attack their paymasters again? Abi e no dey drop as e dey drop before ni? Hmmmundecided

Maybe dem fon port to pdp
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Wizlove(m): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
VeePees and Deputies have no defined role in Nigeria. He womnt really be missed
you are cursed.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by franudi: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
barcaboi:

Why are you talking like this when El-rufai is there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Gives Birth At PDP Rally In Delta / Sowore: Washington Post Condemns Buhari Over Detention / Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.