Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters (39120 Views)

Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Vacation In London (Photos) / Buhari Departs Nigeria For London For Vacation (Photos) / Oshiomhole's Face When Iara Greets VP Osinbajo (Caption The Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by arresa: 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Firstly, BPE DGs are public servants and not civil servant. Don't forget the el Rufai was once a DG.

Secondly, While it is correct that the NCP approves privatisation made by the BPE, such can be approved even with the VeePees absence as long as the Board is constituted. Like I said, his absence won't be really felt

Public servant and civil servants = Same thing. Both are public/Government officials.

Public servants are civil servants.

Grab and learn your Dico and quit stabbing the Queen's English ignorantly..
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by airsaylongcon: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
Bevista:
Well said. Just wanted to type this before I saw your comment. Apparently, Tonye tried shamelessly to undermine the office of the Vice President. Maybe he should tell us what day-to-day running that the president does.
---
The VP shouldn't take a week vacation? The kind of high moral standards we set for leaders is just ridiculous, as if they are not human beings with families.

The VP taking a week's vacation is not the issue. Him taking it abroad IS! I thought there was a drive by the CBN to reduce the drain on our forex. For our Number 2 to be seen carting away forex to spend in Dubai is terrible PR whether he is drawing that forex from personal stores or not. How can he now turn around to tell us to patronize anything Nigerian when he himself isn't?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by adelujohn(m): 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
OK. #noted.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by kodlins(f): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
Why can't you vacation in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by barcaboi(m): 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
franudi:
Why are you talking like this when El-rufai is there?
lol
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by barcaboi(m): 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
franudi:
Why are you talking like this when El-rufai is there?
lol...Sarcasm at its peak
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by mbulela: 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
VeePees and Deputies have no defined role in Nigeria. He womnt really be missed

For every intelligent post you make, you counter it with several silly and seemingly ignorant one.
You know it is not compulsory to comment?
Do you know that the VP heads NPC, NCP and NEC.
Besides, this particular VP holds a critical role in Judicial reforms and the economic blueprint of this administration (admitted it is almost non existent at the moment)
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Analysiscorner: 4:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
And it is the scarce dollars that he is travelling with. Why not spend the holiday in Nigeria?
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
Lover of one Nigeria. But you go to Dubai to enjoy their organised economy in preference to ur Zoogeria, Foool undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Analysiscorner: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
airsaylongcon:

The VP taking a week's vacation is not the issue. Him taking it abroad IS! I thought there was a drive by the CBN to reduce the drain on our forex. For our Number 2 to be seen carting away forex to spend in Dubai is terrible PR whether he is drawing that forex from personal stores or not. How can he now turn around to tell us to patronize anything Nigerian when he himself isn't?
Tell them, Bro !
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by bayoadeyanju: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
The VP was in Lekki Phase 1 today. I saw him with my korokoro eyes. Don't know what this gist is all about?!!!!!!
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by akatonero(m): 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
When they start work self,wey dem done dey take vacation?
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by EngrHaroon(m): 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
I like VP action
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by 360Scopeng(m): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
What about other vacation destinations in Nigeria... Obudu Ranch et al?
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by NovusHomo(m): 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
simonlee:
My fellow Nigerians....
It's barely 7 months when the APC Gov't assumed power, but they way the country has turned upside-down, you'll think bad luck has waited patiently for Nigerians to vote APC.
See the queue in our gas stations, you'll think it was being given free of charge. But we buy at double the price (tears in my eyes)
To pay salaries na issue for a whole federal gov't. Seeing an alert is enough reason to give thanksgiving in church (tears start rolling down my face)
Now our able VP, Prof. Osinbajo is travelling to Dubai on vacation, as if Christmas never do am (starts wailing)
Chai.....is this change?!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/680896230126432256?p=v

And why not, you idler?!
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by billyG(m): 6:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
He shld hav gone to Obudu cattle Resort instaed of sustaining dubai economy.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by SweetSoup(m): 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Wailers are complaining (wailing) because the former VP was a ghost worker who never needed a vacation. They are not used to seeing such an active, vibrant plus intelligent VP.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
I would like to see the VP associate with the present realities of Nigeria just like he did when he was campaigning for APC... whooops! that time is over.. it is not time to say ntooorrrr! to the voters and start enjoying the largessee.. at least his daughters should sort the MOPOL who junkets her lag and abj crew between Omole and Palms VI before dropping at MM2 with nothing to eat but biscuits.. haba.. try for your MOPOL naaaa
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
VeePees and Deputies have no defined role in Nigeria. He womnt really be missed

This statement is borne out of ignorance. Purchase or download a copy of the Nigerian Constitution and you'll soon begin to make informed statements.
Re: VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters by ojosegun2011(m): 11:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
And so what? Make I jump in front of a moving trailer? If Prof Osinbajo is not the Vee Pee does that mean he can't afford money for his vacation? A well made Senior Advocate of Nigeria. I wonder why his vacation can become an issue here. You better write a topic that can attract intelligence. Ordinary citizens also go on vacation, how much less the number 2 citizen of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar In Their Younger Days (Throwback Pic) / Dino Melaye Holds A Protest Against Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government (Pics) / Atiku Abubakar Dancing At Lagos Youth Meeting (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.