Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary (1570 Views)

Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera / Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report / Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by Farnsworth: 10:49am On Dec 27, 2015
Interesting Documentary that with damning evidence of TB Joshua bribing journalist to write story that favour his church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQaFEA6k9DU

Among some of the worst paid reporters in Africa, Nigerian journalists are seldom given money to cover travel or other expenses, let alone paid their salary on time.

Affecting the way stories are reported, some of the country's most pressing events have either gone unnoticed or underreported.

Amid this climate where investigative journalism is severely stifled, corrupt and illicit practices have begun to flourish.

Reporters are often seen waiting for cash handouts from politicians and government officials at press conferences before rarely questioning them or fact-checking.

And in a country where corruption tends to trickle from the top down, it is becoming harder for readers to distinguish fact from fiction.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/listeningpost/2015/09/nigeria-brown-envelope-journalists-150913113556304.html

1 Like

Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by Farnsworth: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2015
I am sure Nigerians will dismiss it as insulting a man of God, because it conflicts with their notion that this preacher is a God and above sin.

2 Likes

Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by Imortal001: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by Trunaijian: 11:05am On Dec 27, 2015
Farnsworth:
I am sure Nigerians will dismiss it as insulting a man of God, because it conflicts with their notion that this preacher is a God and above sin.
Gullibility. So if one professes to be a man of God we become blind to his faults? Truth be told, most Churches in Nigeria are business ventures. The sooner we clear the cobweb from our eyes the better for us.

1 Like

Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by knightsTempler: 11:11am On Dec 27, 2015
Nigerians are so desperate for a divine intervention, because they have lost hope in their government. Then enter churches of various colors to fill in the vacuum created by inept government, by preying and exploiting the weaknesses of Nigerians. As this sense of hopelessness grows by leaps and bounds, a lucrative business - A NEW BRAND OF CHRISTIAN RELIGION - erupted like a volcano, and captured almost every Nigerian from high level politicians to the lowest janitor like a storm

1 Like

Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by Eziachi: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2015
They have even descended lower and lower, with a new trend of publishing interviews that never took place.
Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by Psalm18: 11:47am On Dec 27, 2015
And where are the idiots that said

Nicholas Ibekwe the brave reporter will die for exposing a 'man of God'.

Not only is he alive, he is thriving after exposing TB Joshua.

This report leads credence to why some of us believe that Tribune journalist 'fake denial' on Itse Sagay is hogwash.

As the documentary rightly said, the reporters are also Nigerians and the network of corruption has enveloped all sectors. Most journalist are underpaid and not even paid most times.
One of the ways out; is for Nigerian journalists to form a union and down tools if not paid and also discipline their members that are found wanting.
Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by FlySly05: 4:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
Farnsworth:

Not on this thread, at least not while its SCOAN. If it were to be the RCCGs or LFWOs then you will see the christian e-warriors all over this thread. Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by Saturn213: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
Most of these so called Men of God are just entrepreneurs taking advantage of the gullibility of Nigerians.

I can never worship in a Church where the Pastor, GO, GS or whatever they are called has a private jet. That is no longer a man of God but a full time CEO of a business empire.

They have now introduced bribery into their operations undecided

I still wonder why the government is not taxing churches and mosques. Any church earning more than N1 million a month should pay tax

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by sammyj: 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
God help our news media !!
Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by spasharizona: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
Checking my thing
Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by Chubhie: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no bodily harm.
Re: Brown Envelope Journalism, TB Joshua Press Bribery -al Jazeera Documentary by blackfase(m): 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Fail You, Don’t Lose Faith In My Administration / US Drones Set To Bomb Northern Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu Named As President Of The Biafran People in spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.