Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege (39545 Views)

Amnesty International Condemns Edo Govt For Executing 3 Death Row Prisoners / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 40 Years – Sheikh Gumi / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by ALISMILE(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
Obynolee:

You are saying this because of the hatred you(sunni muslims)have for shiite,You are lying,i spent 6 years at Turaki road,Gyallesu(the same street that houses El-zakzaky's boys(you should have known the place if your claim of being a zaria base is true),they never harrassed me or i heard someone complain of harrassment from them.In fact,they saved a lots of lives during the 2011 post election crises,i didn't run to barrack like others because they did not allow those miscreants access to Gyallesu,mind you i am an Igbo(christian).All the things said here by this group even the elders are all lies,which business are they talking about,zaria commercial activities is driven by students,once schools are in session there is business in zaria not El-zakzaky.
A wailer can never ever change! A wailer is alws a wailer! What about d video we saw in which top military offc were pleadin wit them to allow them passage! Know when not to wail!
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by elmisti(m): 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
Intendy:

help me ask him.
what the military did was one of the best response @hand.
I watched the YouTube and saw as the officers were pleading with them but they didn't listen.they held cutlasses,bottles,sticks and some weapons.
It was another monster breeding but they were nipped in the bud

Animals everywere!
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Obynolee(f): 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
adioolayi:
"We no longer report Shiites to the police
because they will never honour police or security invitation.“These
Shiites are authority unto themselves; they don’t respect authority,
security and so on. We are Muslims but we discovered that Shiites
activities are contrary to Islam. They carry dangerous weapons
openly molesting innocent people in our areas. "

I've been thinking seriously on this issue...truth be told, if the Shiites are actually law abiding citizens as people claimed, the normalcy at the Northern part of the country would have been seriously jeopardized....series of violent protests would have been going on till now. But, the case is different as the immediate community hosting the Shiites is claiming peaceful atmosphere since the Army intervention..In all, peace of Nigeria is all we want

You are wrong bro,sunni muslims(which is the majority)hate shiites with passion because of the way they(shiites)practice the religion.Shiites are more peaceful(to me) than the sunni,i was in Gyallesu zaria in 2011 as a studeny when we had post election violence,the shiites were going about with their ambulance picking the injured and taking them to hospital.I know of an Igbo man that stays at Rimi Tsiwa estate that was pursued to a shiite's house and he(shiite man)saved his life,a lots of christians ran to El-zakzaky's house and were fed and protected.I personally stayed in my house while others were running to the barracks because they did not allow the bad guys(mainly sunni muslims)access to Gyallesu.They can deal with you if you insult their religion or El-zakzaky which is normal to me because all of us are guilty of it.
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by oduastates: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
andresia:

perhaps you should answer his question on how the confrontation should have been handled. We watched a video of how a very senior army officer was pleading with the shiites to allow the COAS pass through a govt built and maintained road to no avail.

so please answer the question, we are all here to learn

Since you have summed up the entire situation as a confrontation by the roadside or as a result of the petulant /thuggish behaviour of the group, then I have nothing to add.
Those who know who can analyse situations know can deduce exactly what happened.
That the shiite group blocked a road is simply an excuse.
Let me ask you a question to stimulate your thought.
Why was the shiite camp bulldozed afterwards?
As much as I cannot stand organised religion especially Islam and christainity, does the sanctity of a religion space not apply
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by elmisti(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
ALISMILE:
A wailer can never ever change! A wailer is alws a wailer! What about d video we saw in which top military offc were pleadin wit them to allow them passage! Know when not to wail!

Must you bring party politics into everything....the man killed is not a PDP chieftain nor an APC warlord....He is anoda member of the public jst like you and I, I watched the video nd I condemn the actions of the group, but please, its not worth the lives of 300...well since its in d north...300=3 I guess...if 300 died cus of what shite did, imagine how many will die if COAS decided to pass redeem on crusade days

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by ishiamu(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
free2ryhme:

Did you not read the post

what evidence do you need

Pics please?
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by rhames(m): 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
omooba969:

How should the situation have been resolved?

When you are dealing with dangerous thugs, who only understand violence and blood letting, under the influence of hard drugs using religion and illegalities as a means of resolving the slimiest issues,what other means do you want them to resolve that issue? When you wield a stone before any soldier especially a senior officer, how do you want his wards to react?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by ALISMILE(m): 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:

Since you have summed up the entire situation as a confrontation by the roadside or as a result of the petulant /thuggish behaviour of the group, then I have nothing to add.
Those who know who can analyse situations know can deduce exactly what happened.
That the shiite group blocked a road is simply an excuse.
Let me ask you a question to stimulate your thought.
Why was the shiite camp bulldozed afterwards?
As much as I cannot stand organised religion especially Islam and christainity, does the sanctity of a religion space not apply
The answer is simple, to forestall any future occurrence!
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by PrinceEvolution(m): 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
my bro learn more about this religion islam as a whole,then u will discover for ursef u were talking to anoda faction of muslims called the sunnis..and look around the world with details u will discover under islam they av factions...sunnis and shites unfortunately..
MyMouth:

I work in Zaria and am a Muslim. I passed where the violence took place about 2 hours before the action. Since that day, I have spoken with alot of people and I mean a lot of Zaria people basically Muslims, and no one spoke good about the shites, they were all happy with the actions of the army. The shites are really hated here!
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Obynolee(f): 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
vanunu:

If the shiites are bad as u people claim, how many people have they killed in their over 30yrs of existence. Do u know that in nonprimitive societies , if you kill over 300 animals, animal right groups must make sure that u end up in jail.

My observation during my short stay in nigeria is that nigerians especially those from the north, don't value human live at all , the believe in brutalizing the weak in their community.

Bro it is more than a thosand that lost their lives,i was on ground,the millitary didn't allow human righ access to Gyallesu,they(millitary)carried the bodies once they kill them.On sunday when they made an announcement that we should leave bodies littered streets from Turaki road to Benadine store not to talk of those that are the El-zakzaky's house.
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by ALISMILE(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
elmisti:

Must you bring party politics into everything....the man killed is not a PDP chieftain nor an APC warlord....He is anoda member of the public jst like you and I, I watched the video nd I condemn the actions of the group, but please, its not worth the lives of 300...well since its in d north...300=3 I guess...if 300 died cus of what shite did, imagine how many will die if COAS decided to pass redeem on crusade days
That's not tru! Redeem pple do not deliberately disallow passage!

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by PrinceEvolution(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
Godbless u ...
saxywale:

what proof have you got
Newspaper would have reported any killing by the shia. We would have seen pics all over the internet.

If a Sunni Muslim was interviewed and ask to give his opinion about shia. I don't expect him to say something good about them since shia are seen as infidels.
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by bulletproofmonk(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:
it does not mean that you should kill 300 people just like that
100 has turned to 300.Why do you people like whole numbers sef? It's always 100,200 or 300, not 199,187 or 94

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by PrinceEvolution(m): 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
most sincere comment so far..
Obynolee:

You are saying this because of the hatred you(sunni muslims)have for shiite,You are lying,i spent 6 years at Turaki road,Gyallesu(the same street that houses El-zakzaky's boys(you should have known the place if your claim of being a zaria base is true),they never harrassed me or i heard someone complain of harrassment from them.In fact,they saved a lots of lives during the 2011 post election crises,i didn't run to barrack like others because they did not allow those miscreants access to Gyallesu,mind you i am an Igbo(christian).All the things said here by this group even the elders are all lies,which business are they talking about,zaria commercial activities is driven by students,once schools are in session there is business in zaria not El-zakzaky.
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Reference(m): 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
Just scratching for any and every evidence to justify the massacre. If he or the group has broken laws, call in law enforcement to arrest and prosecute. Make it legal, clear and just. That is all Nigerians ask of their authorities.

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by nduchucks: 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kudos to the great Army of this great country. Without actions like this, sooner or later, they will declare their caliphate within Kaduna state and start causing more trouble with the help of Iran.

Extremists must not be allowed to thrive comfortably anywhere in this great country.

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by omooba969(m): 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
mbulela:

This is a very daft question.
So violence is the only way to end impunity and lawlessness?
Is the law and the authority of the state so powerless that it cannot contain the Shiite community without extra juducial killings?

I never stated that violence is the only way to end impunity neither did I justify the NA's actions. I only asked a question with the hope that someone with a brain would satisfy my curiosity. If you see my question as daft, then, I would be compelled to believe that you & I are not on the same bearing because you started your response with insult & yet you lack the ingenuity to even give an answer to my noble question.

Your pathetic construction of sentence & distasteful choice of words in response to my question (however foolish/daft it may seem to you) is a clear indication of how questionable the bedrock of your education is. smiley

So if you have a credible/alternative solution to the crisis other than how the NA handled it, please let me know sir.

4 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Obynolee(f): 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
andyanders:
They should tell Falana who is defending them and calling on The Federal government to bring the officer to book for his action.

People should realize that there is a government and no single individual or group should hold the country to ransom.

Shitti or whatever they call them should not confront any security agents on official duty.

Falana should listen to people who live in Kaduna what they are passing through on the activities of this man, while he is in the comfort of his office in GRA asking the Federal government to bring the officers to booking thereby inciting the group to stand for their right.

You are a liar and a hypocrites that allow his hatered for the shiites to cloud your sense of reasoning.Which part of Kaduna are you to start with?.The problem i have with Nigeria as a country is that we never learn from history,when the Yussufyya(which is boko haram now)refused to wear helmet in 2009 and the police clamped down on them killing even the cripple amongst them,Yusuf was murdered in detention to prevent him from talking was there no government in place.Have we not spent billions of dollars and still spending and calling on the international community to come to our aid.That is my fear with this shiite problem.They tried to assasinate COAS by blocking the road,is there no tear gas or rubber bullet??,why did the on slaught lasted over four days,was the COAS in zaria for these days.
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by oduastates: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
akinsbaba2015:
. Are you making sense at all? Whatever religion you are practicing does not give you any right under the law to prevent other road users from getting to their destination. Religion has become a curse to this nation.

How dare you block the road in Nigeria where it happens everyday of the week when any group has an event, grievance or party

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by omooba969(m): 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
rhames:

When you are dealing with dangerous thugs, who only understand violence and blood letting, under the influence of hard drugs using religion and illegalities as a means of resolving the slimiest issues,what other means do you want them to resolve that issue? When you wield a stone before any soldier especially a senior officer, how do you want his wards to react?

Abeg help me ask the shiites apologists o. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by oduastates: 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
nduchucks:
Kudos to the great Army of this great country. Without actions like this, sooner or later, they will declare their caliphate within Kaduna state and start causing more trouble with the help of Iran.

Extremists must not be allowed to thrive comfortably anywhere in this great country.

You are indirectly supporting extremism in disguise. This was a black flag operation by using the state as a cover to restrict a rival religious group
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
Lol, what a fraud....

I was born and brought up in zaria, I have witnessed a whole lot of crisis and bloodshed and I honestly cannot remember any perpetrated by the shiites... This people don't even care about politics...

During the sharia debacle in zaria, a lot of people lost their lives, the shites were not involved not to mention the numerous post election violence.. the other Muslims are only celebrating because they see the shiites as a threat to their beliefs, sunni Muslims block roads leading to muchia and other places every friday and nobody does anything about it... were sunnis the ones affected by this shootout, zaria would be in crisis by now...

There is serious insecurity in zaria and the shiites are not and have never been the cause...
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by nduchucks: 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:

You are indirectly supporting extremism in disguise. This was a black flag operation by using the state as a cover to restrict a rival religious group

Oga, all governments engage in extreme measures to deal with criminals on a regular basis. These government actions do not decriminalize the crimes perpetrated by the accused.

I support my government's use of millitary force as needed, to ensure the safety of the vast majoirity of law abiding citizens.

Trust me, Zakzaky and his organization have been terrorizing the citizens of Zaria for many many years with impunity and lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by olajide8(m): 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:
it does not mean that you should kill 300 people just like that.
I guess that omoluabi values makes for a different way of thinking.

Only one group had big guns and the onus was on them to minimise the use of violence.
From all the videos I 've seen, it is the army shooting defenseless people who could have been dislodged with tear gas and rubber bullets.
It was murder pure and simple and that event has no place in a decent society.

You can check on YouTube to find more videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhOWjwqLmRw

I am sorry to say this but, I wish we don't have to hide behind computers to type - I don't believ you are an omoluabi, if you are you would also know no one is above the law' and if they didn't use minimal force on them like that, they were already metamorphosising into a catastrophic problem, the service chief in that uniform is the representation of nigeria, and some hood rats, that haven't left that state- that don't know any part of lagos want to start distabiling the country - I would have order more dire consequences

4 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Obynolee(f): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
ALISMILE:

Is there no tear gas,is there no rubber bullet since what you are asking for is access to road.How i wish you still remember the genesis of boko haram.I am not wailling but saying the gospel truth,i am from the east a christian but i pray that they will not toe the path of boko haram but if they do,it is only then we will know who is a wailer because they must have decimated you before coming for me in the far East.
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Laid2001: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
The Nigerian Army showed a video of the clear provocation and ambush of the COAS by the Shias.

That was clearly unacceptable by any government. The Army dont have tear gas nor any other non-lethal weapons!. Yet some mofos waylaid them with bow and arrow!. Surely they have learnt their lessons now.

The zakzaky group is a well organised group and last year when 3 of his kids were killed by GEJ government, the internet was a-washed with the pictures of the dead bodies and video of their burial was even online. Yet the same shia has not presented any video or photo evidence of the so called 1000 deaths that happened this time around including zakzaky kids and wife. The Army has actually denied that his wife and up to 300 deaths were recorded and they have asked the group to present its evidence that up to 300 deaths were recorded.

The Army agreed that scores of people were died but it was as a self defence when the group ambushed the COAS.!

Now back to the Shia group, they are still busy doctoring the evidence they will present to us. The group sees nothing wrong in telling lies to propagate itself. When Zakzaky started his group, he always denied that it was a shia group, even when evidence of his financial support from Iran was glaring and undeniable, he still insisted he was sunni. He initially encourages his followers not to go to schools controlled by secular government and many in the 80s had to drop out from the University!. Yet he himself is a graduate. Later when his kids reached university age, he changed his idea that the followers can actually go to university but restricted in what they can study. Alas that was too late for thousands that have dropped out from the university. All his kids are well educated. Boko Haram leader, Yusuf was briefly zakzaky's follower, but they fell apart when it became clear that zakzaky was actual a closet Shia and was only deceiving people then before coming out openly to proclaim shiasm.

Zakzaky, preaches disobedience to constitution and all legal entity. He asks that his followers should be answerable to him alone as the vicegerent of Allah to them who derives his authority from the overall imam. They pay loyalty their imam and they are always found of praying for martyrdom to defend the Imam (ibrahim Zakzaky). They operate the model of Hisbullah of Lebanon and that of Hamas of palestine. Starting as a Social/charity/ NGO with a lot of charity and social works. win over/indoctrinate a lot of people and then set up a military arm to complete the characteristics of a state on its own. The Hisbulah is government on to itself and even the Lebanese government can not do anything without its support. Yet, Shia's a less than 30% in Lebanon. There is about 40% christian in Lebanon and the remaining 605 is between Shia and sunni muslims.

The government have to be extra vigilant on how it deals with these people.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by iswallker(m): 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:

Only one group had big guns and the onus was on them to minimise the use of violence.
From all the videos I 've seen, it was the army shooting at defenseless if petulant people who could have been dislodged with tear gas and rubber bullets. Or simply by the governor asking for audience with their leaders.
That their camp was destroyed a few days after, also means that this was premeditated.

Why not stick to comments on oduastates.....cause you don't know the pains these people feel....
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by iswallker(m): 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
nduchucks:

Feel like hugging you...no porn intended.... grin

You make sense, unlike the guy I quoted above..

2 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by oduastates: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
olajide8:

I am sorry to say this but, I wish we don't have to hide behind computers to type - I don't believ you are an omoluabi, if you are you would also know no one is above the law' and if they didn't use minimal force on them like that, they were already metamorphosising into a catastrophic problem, the service chief in that uniform is the representation of nigeria, and some hood rats, that haven't left that state- that don't know any part of lagos want to start distabiling the country - I would have order more dire consequences

That group is one of 100's of such absolutely useless groups in the north who want to be more arab that arabs.
But you know what, the rest are left to their own devices because they are Sunnis.
Apart from Boko haram,The deadliest amongst them is the fulani terrorists group terrorising more than 4 African countries.
About a group morphing into a fully blown terrorists group, you probably have one on your hand now
if you think that this shiite group pose the biggest existential threat to your being, then you have no clue of what is happening.
They offer a geopolitical counterbalance to the fatalist behaviour of the fulani elites in the north
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by elmisti(m): 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
ALISMILE:
That's not tru! Redeem pple do not deliberately disallow passage!

Lol, make I no argue further b4 d tin turn religion issue again...but bro, U just don't kill with so much impunity.....
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by abimic(m): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
omooba969:

I thought Muslims are one! undecided

How did you all arrive here... Sunni, Shiites, daesh et al.

Divisions everywhere both in xtian fold & Islamic fold...very sad. cry
Same here with me too o, never knew Muslims have different set amidst them. Even my Muslim friend then when I was in the University said there are sets but I just looked in askance. From what I've read though, I believe the shiites are notoriously known for blocking roads unchallenged and it's kind of like they never foresaw what would befall them that last time. Be that as it may, the shiite I think erred, on no account should one block highways. There's another in Nassarawa, the Eggon, I believe these ones are diabolical though, they're also known with terrorizing their communities.
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by omooba969(m): 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:

From all the videos I 've seen, it was the army shooting at defenseless if petulant people who could have been dislodged with tear gas and rubber bullets. Or simply by the governor asking for audience with their leaders.
That their camp was destroyed a few days after, also means that this was premeditated.

You are really doing a good job grin modifying your post time after time. I know your type, you think after acting. cheesy

This is how bokoharam started with being daring (in the face of fully armed soldiers) before taking up arms & now the rest is history.

Do you mean to justify the actions of those shiite thugs or their leader who failed to rein them in?

Don't we have laws in the land anymore or does the law of the land permit activities of outlaws?

With regards to the video where the army personels were pleading with the shiite thugs with no breakthrough, do you think a policeman would have stood any chance at all? grin

The reputation of the NA is a common knowledge (indiscriminate killings), so why did they(shiite thugs) choose to invite such mayhem? Or don't you think that's suicidal?

I simply do not get what you are driving at...seriously. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Fans Burn APC Brooms, Put APC In A Coffin In Akwa Ibom State? (pictures) / Wike To Honour Rotimi Amaechi With An Award / DSS Finds Rolls Royce In Judge’s 15 Cars Fleet-the Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.