Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Mind Your Business! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mind Your Business! (769 Views)

6 Tips To Help You Mind Your Own Business / Ladies!!! Mind Your Demands & Expectation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mind Your Business! by Adonis3: 7:25am On Dec 28, 2015
Hmm, there is something going on the social media that I feel the need to address. It's the "MIND YOUR BUSINESS" syndrome, people who get offended at how someone or others (as the case may be) opined about them tend to use this phrase.

Isn't it funny that when people speak in affirmative with your content, you thank them or welcome them, but once their opinion is against your expectations, they are being greeted with this phrase.

The other day, because a fan advised Agbani Darego about her stature on Instagram she got annoyed and was quick to use it. Many of us are also guilty of this and I think it's wrong (I could be guilty tho). Even Linda Ikeji (are you kidding me?), someone who makes a living from gossiping expects people to keep quiet and not talk trash about how she got the money to buy a mansion.

Now, what I believe is so long as you're on the social media, you don't mind your business. I mean, you open an instagram, twitter, facebook, Nairaland etc account, follow people, why? (Coz you want to mind them), you also expect people to follow you, but want them to mind their business lol. Also, why on earth would you put up a content (be it picture, video or write up) if you didn't want people to view it? but when they do and they air an opinion that's not what you expect, you tell them to mind their business. Everyone can't support or like you.

I feel this shouldn't be, if you know you don't want people to mind your business, then keep of the social media. It's called "social", meaning it's meant for people to interact and share ideas and opinions, so why join and thereby hinder someone else from using the username, forcing them to add number(s). I remember when I wanted to signup, I really wanted to be just "Adonis", but someone already has that name, tried "Adonis1" it had also been taken.. Then I had to settle for ADONIS3. I can just imagine Adonis not wanting to mind anybody and doesn't want anybody to mind him, I should be like "guy, wtf didn't you just allow me use the name instead?". lol.

Note: mind as many people as you want, if they complain, mind them the more... Infact, choke them with "minding" lol... Good morning, HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE

Cc: lalasticlala et dominique
Re: Mind Your Business! by Monalisa185(f): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2015
most times, it's something people say out of aggression.....it's more like a reflex action.
Re: Mind Your Business! by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 28, 2015
You are so on point but I think we should be careful of what and how we interact on social media. Peeps should understand that we have different ways of seeing things and when you are trying to present your view, try to be nice.
Re: Mind Your Business! by ivyT(f): 10:36am On Dec 28, 2015
So right bae..#BadBelleEverywhere

(1) (Reply)

Oh My God See What A Yoruba Girl Posted On Her Graduation On Facebook / My Girlfriend Is In Love With Mrcork,tosyne2much And Classcaptain / The Grey Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.