Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:09 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (336664 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
modath:
how does she expect to lose the weight?? By OSMOSIS!!!!
lol
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2012
Tuesday 17th April

Cathe Friedrich Kick Max - 50 mins

How you all dey?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
agabaI23:
That's true sweetie. Mody, you know I am a good man. Experience has shown you that wink
HG, it is not what you think smiley
@Agaba,Gentlemen don't kiss&tell lipsrsealed
@HG,I plead the fifth!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
HG&ML,
Osmosis as I know from my elementary biology knowledge is the only Movement that requires no input of ENERGY,The Molecule(Fat)in her body will dissipate into thin air,she just needs to "EXERCISE" faith. grin
She said she is sad;it gives me UTMOST joy to be @ a plateau since forever! grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Faheedat: 8:38am On Apr 18, 2012
All,
Please note that probability to lose weight is function of the following:
1. Age
2. Height
3. Body System
4. Food in take versus Quality and Quantity
5. Regular excercise
We are here to help you if you care
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
EKO O NIBAJE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Faheedat: 8:44am On Apr 18, 2012
Can you beat this?

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2012
Hi, my name is kweeneve I weigh 63kg, height-5'7, really want to lose weight, although people tell me am jst perfect the way I am, but deep down I want to lose some. I don't eat in the morning anymore, just lunch and most times I skip dinner. Due to nature of my work exercise is impossible during the week only on weekends, what else can I do?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Syfy(f): 9:47am On Apr 18, 2012
Nice
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by emsquare(m): 9:53am On Apr 18, 2012
Nyc One! Walking long distance works for me.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Freshface: 10:46am On Apr 18, 2012
Lost 2kg last wk! Dats really something! I still skip everyday and keep my calorie below 1000 and breastfeed. One step at a time!smiley

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2012
kweeneve: Hi, my name is kweeneve I weigh 63kg, height-5'7, really want to lose weight, although people tell me am jst perfect the way I am, but deep down I want to lose some. I don't eat in the morning anymore, just lunch and most times I skip dinner. Due to nature of my work exercise is impossible during the week only on weekends, what else can I do?
You don't need to lose any more weight. Just exercise to keep fit. You might get underweight if you are not careful. Your BMI is surely below 23.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kobojunkie: 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2012
For those who want a tool that helps you track better,

www.CalorieCount.com . . . it is free and has tools to help you count calorie intake.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by CarlosDopipi: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ok guys. Some of us are going about this weight loss in a very wrong way. As a personal trainer and health Guru, I must advise visiting your GP or Doctor before embarking on any health or fitness regime. This is as a result of what is good for Bisi not also good for Ada.
At my heaviest in 2009 I weighed 115kg as a 23 year old guy. I wanted to loose so much weight but it waz impossible for me because I lived at home where food was everywhere. I got my inspiration when I moved to the UK, away from home and friends. Now I weigh a sexy 85kg, six packs, good lattisimus dorsi, nice calves, moderate chest muscles and a good shoulder. And this is was achieved with eating my normal food and the small junks I loved.

First thing about loosing weight is CARDIO. I tell my clients about Cardio a lot. Running, Walking, Skipping, Jogging are all very very good. At first, the intensity doesnt matter, infact a 20mins jog is more than perfect for a starter because you dont want to give a high level of shock to your muscle ligaments. Start with a brisk walk and increase to a light jog when you feel comfortable. I must also state that for starters, the first week of cardio can be a nightmare but by the second week , you would definitely get the hook.

The skills I teach my clients on running is: run with your heels, chest out, face upwards and try as much as possible to get a rythm with ur breathing. The movement of your hands are also important. Try as much as possible to keep ur hands upwards and close to your upper chest. A typical example is the way Frank Lampard runs during football matches. The position of his hands is exactly what am referring to here.

Cycling is what I use to cool off and relax my leg muscles. If you are not opportuned to have a bicycle, a good stretch after a run would do just fine for your quads, ankles, calfs and groin muscles.

My cardio routine is 4 times a week of 50mins running 12km p/hr, 25 mins of cycling (Standing), and a 10 minutes warm down with the treadmill.

I started with a 4 times a week 20 mins running, 20 mins with the row machine and 10 mins stretching. But now I run for fun and some cancer societies in Dublin.

Another way of burning off calories is weight lifting. with running , you burn the calories at that moment and 10 mins after that. But with weight lifting, your body continues to burn calories 2hrs after you must have finished with your training. And remember muscles burns fat!!! the more muscles you gain, the more ability for your body to strip off the fats.

For more details go to my page on facebook. Carlos Fitness. We bringing The Biggest Looser to Nigeria soon!!!! thanks
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kobojunkie: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2012
kweeneve: Hi, my name is kweeneve I weigh 63kg, height-5'7, really want to lose weight, although people tell me am jst perfect the way I am, but deep down I want to lose some. I don't eat in the morning anymore, just lunch and most times I skip dinner. Due to nature of my work exercise is impossible during the week only on weekends, what else can I do?

You are 5ft 7 inches, weighing in at 132lbs and believe you are overweight? What you probably need is therapy, not weight loss.

http://www.rush.edu/rumc/page-1108048103230.html

[size=14pt]
www.caloriecount.com[/size]
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by joynoy: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
Name joy, c.w 84kg(was 98kg after child birth) that was 9 month ago ,goal : 75kg
Today 18:4:2012
Running 20min.
Aerobic 45min
Tummy workout 15min
Food
10am pawpaw
1:15 chicken
Yet to take dinner,the thing is that am on a fruit and veg.diet for 2weeks today is the 3rd day
just went to lose d last 8 to 10 kg before my babys birthday which is on in July wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2012
The average Nigerians spends more than half a day in a car( going to work, heading to the market, doing chores, etc) every a week. Some spend a day a week in a car if you live in a city with lots of traffic woes.
A good way to get to where you are going (especially if your destination is at most 10 miles from you) is bike/cycle. I know it sounds out there for Nigerians who feel that cycling is for losers . . well, if you want to loose weight, and keep it off, and understand that this requires you making drastic changes to your life and mindset,then why not pick up a bike today and start riding.
And if you are worried you will sweat, well, newsflash, anyone who lives in Nigeria sweats. I mean it is not like many have access to air-conditioning or there are trees on all paths to help you cool down all your way.

Also, if you are thinking that starving yourself is the way to loose weight, you are in for disappointment. Starving may give you temporary results but the best way to go about dieting is to, again, CHANGE your lifestyle. You don't have to give up the foods you already eat today. For instance, you can still have your chocolate, cake, Capucino, Pizza, Amala & efo soup, etc. All you need do is watch your calorie intake, and include regular exercise into your routine. For instance, if you exercise regularly( say you ride your bike to work, market, etc), you are able to eat comfortably(portion matters still), and before you know it, your brain is trained to be satisfied with less of the very same you have been eating all you life.

[size=14pt]
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2012
I spend 9AM - 9AM weekdays and 12PM to 4PM Weekends and in those times I eat and drink a lot. what would you recommend please.
I have tried
1: Yoyo Bitters
2: Green Tea
3: Adios Max
4: Xenecal

Please advise wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
modath:
@Agaba,Gentlemen don't kiss&tell lipsrsealed
@HG,I plead the fifth!
I was not doing exactly that.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: I spend 9AM - 9AM weekdays and 12PM to 4PM Weekends and in those times I eat and drink a lot. what would you recommend please.
I have tried
1: Yoyo Bitters
2: Green Tea
3: Adios Max
4: Xenecal

Please advise wink

Those teas only work to aid whatever you are already doing. They do not magically make you thin or help you loose weight. If you want to eat more, they will help you do just that.

[size=14pt]
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oluite(f): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
I have been a silent member for ages in fact i got some ideas from here that helped me.I dropped from about 88kg to 79kg,am 5ft 8.Only recently my sister calculated my BMI and says am still overweight max for me should be 25 and it was 26.1 or thereabout.I want to further drop to about 75kg.I need some advice on exercises that wouldn't take so much time,am really busy for now.I don't do my long distance work anymore. embarassedI read somewhere about how good skipping is,more ideas pls will be welcome.Thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Datzeal(m): 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2012
If you want to loose weight,or gain weight ..email me on zealupon@yahoo.com. Tell me the one u are interested in loosing or gaining weight. I deal on good foreign products that does not have side effect and they are afordable. Request it wil reach you.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by vinna(f): 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I feel so excited running into this thread.

I currently weigh 72kg 5'3" and in my thirties. I know i need to loose at least 10kg but i've been procrastinating over it for months now.

I have a sedentary lifestyle cos of my job, and my diet is made up of carbs, protein and sugar.

I need help on my diet and exercise. Any fitness guru here pls help a sista out.

Thank you!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
Welcome to all the newbies and lurkers on the thread today wink. So much activity from new posters I almost thought I was on the wrong thread! Lots of ideas on here as to exercise routines and definitley skipping is good cardio for burning those calories esp if you are consistent with it. Food intake is a major factor for weight loss so definitely monitor what you are eating so as to see good results. I'm sure some others would be along with other useful advice and links.
As for the touters angry, pls don't come here derailing the purpose of the thread which is losing and maintaining weight loss the healthy way - exercise and watching portion sizes/healthier choices.

@Freshface: well done on the loss girl, wow 2kg is a large loss shocked smiley! Your daily calorie intake of 1000 seems a bit low though considering you are also b/feeding.. I would think you require a bit more calories than that,coupled with the great cardio you put in, you would still get a good and sustainable weight loss.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
wow!!!! my relaxing lounge ( that is what this thread is to me)smiley

how is everybody, i see we have alot of followers and newbies, am glad, welcome aboard everyone....

@ Carlosdoipip..thank you for the eye opener that is a great post.

@freshface....i enevy you ooo, in a good way though!!! just as Babs2011 has sadi, you need to increase your calorie intake more, remember just breastfeeding alone, helps you burn some calories,the more food you eat, the more calories your body will burn.

@ Babs2011 longtime dear...glad you are still going on strong.

Logs for monday; 45 minutes total body workout with Chris Feytag.that lady is a silent killer.

logs for yesterday...30 minutes pilates with Addriene, please guys, for those looking to have a flatter tommy and nice abs, incorporate pilates, do it everyday for 8 weeks, you will see the difference.it works.

Am so afraid to go shopping for lesser sizes, i am cofused, my pants and skirts are beginning to fit too loose on me. Actually am waiting till it starts to drop by itself grin grin. i hope we all have a lovely day.
)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
Hi,...tnx for this tread. Am 36 yrs old and weigh 84kg and 5'3 in heigh..of cos am female. I need to shed weigh fast cos i know am over weight. My life style is 99% sedentry and i leave home 5am and return 6pm mondays to fridays. I also have a sliped disc frm an auto crash which i must put into consideration when exercising. Pls i need ur help fast before i bcome a 'super D'. Sorry i forgot to introduce myself 1st. My name is Temila and am aiming at 65kg by december. Thanx.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by binaflexia: 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2012
What about those who need to add weight?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked *in the wrong thread*

*peeps and sees aronky trying to find a space to stand*

Yeah am actually in the right place!!! Wow where did everybody come from, was there an advert on the front page or something?

You are all welcome on board and seriously we are very proud to have you guys around and more importantly that there are "experts" here now whom we hope to gain a lot from wink. I really hope everyone who is here to lose weight will make it a lifestyle you can do for life rather than a yo-yo thing that you will use and drop. I will only leave you newbies who are interested in this business of being fit with these words "Being fit happens in the gym, loosing weight happens in the kitchen".

I am running my week 3 starting from tomorrow, TOM had me for the past two days and today kid sister landed from PHC (She is now doubled me), she was green with envy.

I just noticed our honourable thread on the front page, Yaaaaayyyy!!!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2012
vinna: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I feel so excited running into this thread.

I currently weigh 72kg 5'3" and in my thirties. I know i need to loose at least 10kg but i've been procrastinating over it for months now.

I have a sedentary lifestyle cos of my job, and my diet is made up of carbs, protein and sugar.

I need help on my diet and exercise. Any fitness guru here pls help a sista out.

Thank you!

Welcome Vinna and to all others who had spelt out their statistics on this thread, can you take the pain to read right from the beginning? It will be a ready made answer to all your questions. Happy Reading.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2012
binaflexia: What about those who need to add weight?
Exercise more and also calculate what your body needs and on daily basis and you will be fine
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Faheedat: 12:53am On Apr 19, 2012
tHIS MORE THAN FOOD INTAKE AND REGULAR EXERCISE BUT YOU NEED THE BASIC FORMULAR

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:37am On Apr 19, 2012
Faheedat: tHIS MORE THAN FOOD INTAKE AND REGULAR EXERCISE BUT YOU NEED THE BASIC FORMULAR

can you take this elsewhere pls?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Freshface: 8:36am On Apr 19, 2012
Thank you Babs2011 and Ronkebp. The thing is that I skip dinner. So my breakfast and lunch usually don't add up to very much. I also try not to snack at all, just stick to my meals, mainly beans without oil. I try not to do carb more than once a day. The boy is 10mth, so we r not doing exclusive breastfeeding. I just breastfeed for him to help me lose wt (at least 200cal from him lol!). I want to look good for his first birthday party in may!

Log for 18/04/12: 1500skips,200squats,100abs.

Btw, d thread is so busy! Welcome to all the new members and followers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (230) (Reply)

Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.