Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,040 members, 7,845,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (329781 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Tolulop001(f): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2011
^^^^ haha no u havnt!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:59am On Jun 14, 2011
@Babsy
Thanks.
Yesterday evening
Had a go again for my crunches and some sprint around tenis court
at least 6 times sprint round the court
50 push ups
100 bicycle crunches
100 reverse crunches
Some plank row, not sure how many again
No exercise yet today.

@toluperf tongue
I told you I exercise a bit not a buff though. The buffs we have here are, babsy, HourG, R4R , etc. I am only learning from their tenacity. You run around the house, remember lol
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by amykelly: 11:07am On Jun 14, 2011
@ tolulop001

^^^^ haha no u havnt!

i havent embarassed shocked
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Tolulop001(f): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2011
amykelly:

@ tolulope

i havent embarassed shocked

now u have!
agabaI23:

@Babsy
Thanks.
Yesterday evening
Had a go again for my crunches and some sprint around tenis court
at least 6 times sprint round the court
50 push ups
100 bicycle crunches
100 reverse crunches
Some plank row, not sure how many again
No exercise yet today.

@toluperf tongue
I told you I exercise a bit not a buff though. The buffs we have here are, babsy, HourG, R4R , etc. I am only learning from their tenacity. You run around the house, remember lol

lol @ toluperf . . .
anyhows! ur motivating me! Dint jog today cuz i only had 5 hours of sleep embarassed ill jog this evening tho

plus what is the dealy with this JM DVD, im interested oh! Killer abs in 6 weeks!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2011
Tolulop001:

now u have!
lol @ toluperf . . .
anyhows! your motivating me! Dint jog today cuz i only had 5 hours of sleep embarassed ill jog this evening tho

plus what is the dealy with this JM DVD, im interested oh! Killer abs in 6 weeks!
I think it is a nice DVD if you follow it religiously. You already have a good body so it won't take much effort from you to get the killer abs.
I am happy you are motivated wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Tolulop001(f): 11:54am On Jun 14, 2011
thanks jare,

my main weakness is chocolate and someone just gave me a huge bag of it. . . ive been giving it out very sadly cry
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
Tolulop001:

plus what is the dealy with this[b] JM DVD[/b], im interested oh! Killer abs in 6 weeks!

^ @ Tolulop: I heartily reccommend it. Results can be seen in a short space of time esp if you monitor your eating. I'm currently doing her Ripped in 30 series.

Talking of eating,

Tolulop001:

my main weakness is chocolate and someone just gave me a huge bag of it. . . ive been giving it out very sadly cry

^ you need to get rid of the entire stash of choccies girlfriend, don't let it sabotage your good work. There will always be such 'enemy of progress/enablers' along the way to your goal. 1 or 2 chocs ok, but a whole bag, abeg ditch them! shocked

@Gen, pls come out of hiding, where u dey now??
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2011
Tuesday 14th June

Exercise: Day 20 JM Ripped in 30 dvd (30 mins)

Food:

Small bowl of cereal with milk
2 Wholewheat bread, 1 slice ham, 2 strips of mackrel, 2 cube of cheese, 2 tsp coleslaw salad
1.5 serving spoon spaghetti with meatballs in tomato sauce.
1 scoop vanilla ice-cream.
2.5 ltrs water
1 cup of coffee
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 15, 2011
Hi Dieters & Exercisers grin

just been a bit too busy over the last couple of days `been on training for couple of days and not at my desk at work.

Tuesday 14th june 2011
Water: 2L

Exercise: nil

pasta and chicken salad pack approx 200g
2 avocados
plum
banana
approx 8 pieces fried plantain with salad
3 chunks of watermelon
serving spoon of noodles
3-4 pieces of hard-dough Bread with peanut butter
2slices wholmeal bread cottage cheease
few chunks of onion bread sad

@babs2011
I dey oh

@Tolulop001
welcome!
what do estimate to be my calories for today?

@amykelly
welcome!

@modath,
The point I was making was that for an international triple jump champion (her name is Aisha Hansen)with the tremendous strength and explosive power she can generate, and her very tough training and weight training regime, her body is toned but unexceptional, unlike most other international athletes in her event

[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KudpDzCWnvE?version=3[/flash]

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Tolulop001(f): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2011
babs2011:

^ @ Tolulop: I heartily reccommend it. Results can be seen in a short space of time esp if you monitor your eating. I'm currently doing her Ripped in 30 series.

ok ill try to lay my hands on it. not sure where I can get it in Lagos tho

babs2011:

Talking of eating,

^ you need to get rid of the entire stash of choccies girlfriend, don't let it sabotage your good work. There will always be such  'enemy of progress/enablers' along the way to your goal. 1 or 2 chocs ok, but a whole bag, abeg ditch them! shocked 

ill give them all out today finally, its so hard! tho its really messing me up i cant lie. check out ma stats for yesterdey for example  sad

Food Log

Tuesday 14th June
Brreakfast Weetabix with skim milk and sugar - 300cal
Rice, beans and fish – 600
Fruit –one small apple, pineapple and paw paw – 200
Walnuts (asala) 180 calories
Chocolate 500 calories  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Water 1.5 L

Total calories – 1730 calories.

Jogged 20 minutes after work.Tried to do them crunches but my tummy still hurts from the aerobics on Saturday, i could not even do 1!

I need to give out this chocolate, im just looking for trouble.

GenBuhari:

Hi Dieters & Exercisers grin

just been a bit too busy over the last couple of days `been on training for couple of days and not at my desk at work.

Tuesday 14th june 2011
Water: 2L

Exercise: nil

pasta and chicken salad pack approx 200g
2 avocados
plum
banana
approx 8 pieces fried plantain with salad
3 chunks of watermelon
serving spoon of noodles
3-4 pieces of hard-dough Bread with peanut butter
2slices wholmeal bread cottage cheease
few chunks of onion bread sad

@Tolulop001
welcome!
what do estimate to be my calories for today?

thanks! everyone is so nice here, unlike typical NL front page type threads with all the bashing and insults  smiley
ill check for you. you can go to caloriecount.about.com, has most foods listed on there.
ill be back with your stats  smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2011
@Toluperf

You are doing well and Babsy has advised you well too.
As per the stomach pain, it is inevitable and you cannot wait for it to stop. Trust me if you weather the first 3 minutes pain, it becomes sweet. Go for it.

Log for yesterday evening

Plank row with two 15 kg weights
100 seated oblique with 40kg weight
100 bicycle crunches
24 35kg push ups(not sure of the names)
In short, 1 did some good weight exercise 25 kg, 30kg. Can be bovered with the names. Was in a gym and had a monitored boring warm up which was surprisingly mandatory wink
I love the pains on my shoulders, tender to touch grin

This morning,

12 times round a footie pitch with some bursts in between(30 minutes)

Hello Hour G? Sup?

Babsy welldone oo. Do not rip him apart grin
Keep going at it. I am sure someone is appreciating your hard labour.
How is your neighbour? Still keeping up with your strength?

@ all
Remember to increase your challenge one at a time. Do not let your body get used to one.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Tolulop001(f): 11:33am On Jun 15, 2011
^^^^^ ok. ill try again today
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Mistypens: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2011
I guest you Want to lose weight very fast? It’s easy to say goodbye to at least 20pounds of unwanted fat with these easy diet tips. I only want you to take your time to read on patiently. Just pay attention to what you eat and be sure to have good tasting, fresh and healthy food and feed on vegetables and keep your taste buds happy with fruit. More over, you can visit this site for free information http://www.eherbalcoloncleanse.org/. it will help you a lot, because i have been there myself and the owner really did give great information on how to loose weight.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Tolulop001(f): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2011
June 15, 2011

Coffee 70
Weetabix – 250
3 bananas – 250 cal
Moderate Rice, beans and fish 800
Chocolate – 200
Jogged 25 minutes
20 sit ups abi na crunches
Water 2.5L
Total calorie intake – 1600 calories undecided
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:09am On Jun 16, 2011
^^^ Well done

Evening yesterday

Weights with 40 kg

200 bicycle crunches
200 seated oblique twists with 25kg wt
20 plank rows with 25 kg weights

This morning
12 times round footie pitch etc
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
I dey greet una smiley

16th June 2011

Exercise: 120min easy walking

Water:2L

Food:
banana
10 slices wholemeal bread with peanut butter
chocolate shortbread biscuits 100g
150g cottage cheese
yourghurt (strawberry flavour) 100g
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2011
Evening all!

Thursday 16th June

Exercise: Tae bo Cardio Bootcamp dvd (30 mins)
JM Yoga Meltdown dvd Level 1 (30 mins) - really great stuff, thoroughly enjoyed doing this  smiley

Food:

Porride oats with a drop of milk, 3 prunes
Chicken strips and 1 slice of cheese toasted in a sandwich
1/2 pkt quavers (crisps)
handful grapes
1.5 serving spoon of rice and stew, 1 beef, 1 chicken drumstick
(2 chicken nuggets from my kids plate)
1 cup coffee
2.5 ltrs water

How are y'all doing?

@ Modath, HG, missing you gals. Where u dey?? abeg show face now

@Tolu, keep it up good work there so far. When u say 'moderate rice', pls cld you quantify,  like is it 1 or 2 heaped serving spoon of rice etc?,  i just want to have an indication of portion size in relation to the calorie count. thanks

@Agaba, sup mate? not much outdoor action here due to the heavy rains lashing the country for the past few days or so. So for now the evening power walks with my neighbour have somewhat dwindled much to her (and esp her hubbys) disappointment. However i've realised i'm really a morning exerciser and usually by the end of the day i'm worn out, not at my peak and excuses flow easily. Also do not feel inclined to push myself as hard in the evening. She happens to not be a morning person  undecided , anyway i will still try for her small.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Tolulop001(f): 9:57am On Jun 17, 2011
babs2011:

Evening all!

Thursday 16th June

JM Yoga Meltdown dvd Level 1 (30 mins) - really great stuff, thoroughly enjoyed doing this  smiley

Food:

1/2 pkt quavers (crisps)
handful grapes
1 cup coffee
2.5 ltrs water

How are y'all doing?

@Tolu, keep it up good work there so far. When u say 'moderate rice', pls cld you quantify,  like is it 1 or 2 heaped serving spoon of rice etc?,  i just want to have an indication of portion size in relation to the calorie count. thanks

hey babs! thanks for the encouragement, u guys have really motivated me!
As for the calorie count, moderate is like 1 serving spoon for me.
For me calculating calories is using the weight to estimate. I use grams et al, but for a serving spoon, how do I quantify that? its a bit of a challenge, esp for foods like jollof rice. What I do is compare it to standardised foods e.g indomie, i know the large indomie is about 550 calories, and it fills up my plate, so I can estimate for other pasta type/carbs foods from there

Food Log
Weetabix, skim milk and 1 cube sugar– 300 cal
One serving spoon rice
One serving spoon beans
Cubed plantain, and moin moin
Above 3 should be like 900 sha
1 large Apple – 100cals

Water Intake – 2L
Total - 1400 cals

Dint exercise this evening, had a crazy day at work so I just used that one as excuse not to go. I think I should stick to mornings, like bab said there are too many excuses in the evening
I dont mind mornings, its just that i have to beat traffic going to work,
I'll have to get up at about 4.30 to be able to exercise in the mornings.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 10:06am On Jun 17, 2011
Barbie, thanks for asking ave been trying to post since yesterday to no avail o, i think the post was just too long. I have some good news to share later when i can browse normally.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2011
^^ @HG, can't wait to hear it smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2011
Good day everyone! grin

Friday 17 June 2011

Water:2L

Exercise: 90mins  easy walk

Food:
tuna and cucumber sandwich
2 kiwi fruit
banana
5 slices wholmeal bread
120g cottage cheese
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2011
babs2011:

Evening all!

Thursday 16th June

Food:

1/2 pkt quavers (crisps)
handful grapes
1 cup coffee
2.5 ltrs water

How are y'all doing?

@Agaba, sup mate? not much outdoor action here due to the heavy rains lashing the country for the past few days or so. So for now the evening power walks with my neighbour have somewhat dwindled much to her (and esp her hubbys) disappointment. However i've realised i'm really a morning exerciser and usually by the end of the day i'm worn out, not at my peak and excuses flow easily. Also do not feel inclined to push myself as hard in the evening. She happens to not be a morning person  undecided , anyway i will still try for her small.

Well I understand what you mean about the rains in the summer. UK weather sucks angry
Modify to suit you and that's it. Too bad for your neighbour but every good thing comes with sacrifice and she should know it.

Over all good job!

My log today

12 rounds of run around the footie pitch(30 minutes)
100 bicycle crunches
100 seated oblique twists with 30kg wt
20 plank rows with 15 kg weights
45 kg push up
Other weight exercise (45 minutes)

@ Hour G
I am waiting ooooo. Blow am open. I go lend you my lappy and my internet. Amebo too sweet wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
HourGlass1:

Barbie, thanks for asking ave been trying to post since yesterday to no avail o, i think the post was just too long. I have some good news to share later when i can browse normally.

HG,
I'm holding my breath smiley

Barbie,
Still here,and keeping on!!!.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2011
OMG, see how peeps dey wait aproko grin

and the good news isssssssssssssss!!!!

I am 78 -79kg(in between) to be precise. are you happy for me? In my 70s after two solid years!!! i know ave been a lil inconsistent especially about my meals but i felt i should be progressing and not otherwise, since i never stopped exercising. And trust me, i feel toned now too, I should take my body statistics end of this month to see how far.

As per the JM 30DS i dont do it everyday, i do that at least 3 days a week and run on days when there is no rain (it seems to rain all day now), tae bo helps on rainy days anyways.

I stopped eating my main meals at night though and load myself in the mornings. Now i feel it is werking for me, cool

I also stopped logging meals cos i want to know how disciplined i would be without someone watching my back and I think i passed the test, my subsequent logging depends on a maintained consistency. I feel that is the only way i can help someone else before someone start following my inconsistencies, so when am good you will see my posts.

If you take note too, i come here almost everyday to check and measure myself up to see if am still in line or not. So to those posting keep on keeping on and thanks too.

@123, pls where you jam those killer-weights. Take it easy i beg.

@barbie, well done o. I love your mind

@Honourable member of the house MODATH, lol. How far with Banish Fat? You started yet?

@GenB, i can see that good times are here, what was the weight you started with? I need to tell you that i force myself to drink 2 ltrs a day now, it aint easy.

@toluperf, welcome and we are happy to have another calorie counter in the house again. Pls how would you count this?
1 fist size amala
1 serving spoon ewedu soup
1 serving spoon gbegiri soup
1 medium fresh water fish (4" x 4" big) wink

@ all, how do i handle this? Some days i feel like not biting a thing, as in i force myself to eat and some days its hunger that wake me up in the morning. How do i do it since i feel this is the reason for my inconsistencies?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2011
@Hour_Glass
I won't lie  I was expecting bigger news than that grin cheesy but still congratulations on  reaching that milestone sha  smiley

132kg only down  2kg  in five months but   I have to persist there  is no going  back smiley

Why are you  not finding  easy to drink water? we should be aiming for 3L daily.

You must force yourself to eat  enough  claories each day otherwise you metabolism would slow down and  make  it harder to lose weight overall.

Hour_Glass:

@GenB, i can see that good times are here, what was the weight you started with? I need to tell you that i force myself to drink 2 ltrs a day now, it aint easy.

@ all, how do i handle this? Some days i feel like not biting a thing, as in i force myself to eat and some days its hunger that wake me up in the morning. How do i do it since i feel this is the reason for my inconsistencies?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2011
Need to say am still in level 1 of that mama-winch 30DS, i wish to continue till i do it without pain and in good form. Most times i start with nathalie and end with anita, na so i dey am make i no faint.

agabaI23:

@ Hour G
I am waiting ooooo. Blow am open. I go lend you my lappy and my internet. Amebo too sweet wink

haba!!! wetin you dey think for mind? how ur base? hope bomb blast no reach ur side? @modath, hope all is well with u and family o? May God deliver us from whoever it is that dont know where to bomb.

GenBuhari:

@Hour_Glass
I won't lie  I was expecting bigger news than that grin cheesy but still congratulations on  reaching that milestone sha  smiley

132kg only down  2kg  in five months but   I have to persist there  is no going  back smiley

Why are you  not finding  easy to drink water? we should be aiming for 3L daily.

You must force yourself to eat  enough  claories each day otherwise you metabolism would slow down and  make  it harder to lose weight overall.

na wa for una, na belle u dey expect? grin

its the rain o general, the water dont just go down anymore.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2011
@Hg, congrats girl!!!, i sure know the feeling of finally 'crossing over' . Its sweet and a great motivator  smiley well done. As things have bucked now in the right direction may it continue to go steadily down. Human beings sha,  we all like a bit of gist/news/amebo whatever one calls it! see how we all reported in with bated breath awaiting your 'news' hee hee grin Keep pressing on with JM, u go conquor that level soon, but yeah we don't want injuries.

@Modath,my girl good to see your still doing your thing albeit a bit in the background  wink.

Friday 17th June

Exercise:

Tae bo- Get Ripped Dvd (30mins),
JM- Yoga meltdown (30mins)  (yeah i really love this as you can see  grin)

Lovely weekend to everyone.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by wahabcoal(m): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2011
Hi readers, I've got this Digital glass scale, perfect for keeping tabs on your weight,
Can be placed anywhere either in Bathroom, scale has an excellent capacity of 330 pounds,
weight management device is stylish, elegant with square glass top.
Thousands of units available and can be customized in Company's name or LOGO.
Call me for further inquiries.
0703745-8415.

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 5:37pm On Jun 18, 2011
Hour_Glass:

OMG, see how peeps dey wait aproko grin

and the good news isssssssssssssss!!!!

I am 78 -79kg(in between) to be precise. are you happy for me? In my 70s after two solid years!!! i know ave been a lil inconsistent especially about my meals but i felt i should be progressing and not otherwise, since i never stopped exercising. And trust me, i feel toned now too, I should take my body statistics end of this month to see how far.

I was expecting this and I am happy.
About the hunger pangs, just look at it as an exercise
About the weight, na for gym oo. Some good motivation. I left Abuja the weekend you traveled for wedding.

Today

12 footie pitch run
100 plank rows with 15 kg weights
plank
40 air boxing
other weight exercise up 40 kg
Feeling good wink
Did DPH for the fun of it in a hospital lab and all my fat indicators are within limit wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2011
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253907-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread

@modath just saw this now and am just wowwww!!! shocked

i know its worth it if only one can do it without stop. I will surely get there.

I am dedicating this coming week to Tae bo, after that God's willing I will do this 10-day-at-a-go shred stuff.

@123, i dont even envy those six packs jare. Thank God for you
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2011
Hi all, hope you've all had a fab weekend?

Sunday 19th June

Exercise: JM Yoga Meltdown dvd -30 mins, Power walk - 60 mins

Food:

Toast, 1 frankfurter
1.5 serving spoon rice and stew, prawns, stirfry squid, 1 can of fizz
small bowl of cereal and milk
2 scone, 2 small pancake
Water
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:51am On Jun 20, 2011
Barbie Doll,
Hope u had a great wknd too. Abeg, nack me tory,do you mean your log above is all you had for the WHOLE DAY, little wonder I've been rocking 76kg for forever. More grease to your elbow dollie.

Madam HG,
Well done my sis,I am happy for you and I tap some of that anointing,at the same time I was thinking he's about to PUT A RING ON IT,

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.