Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin (22973 Views)

RCCG Member Proposes To A Sister In Church, In Front Of Congregation (Video) / Pastor Digs Up Charm In Anambra. Nigerians React / 'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by PrinceEvolution(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2015
adeaks:
When did it become a crime for someone to bury charm in front of his church. This is about individual religious beliefs. If you believe the pastor is occultic, then avoid his church while warning others to do likewise.

Now that he has been arrested, what crime will he be charged for and under which law? undecided
ibos go say agaju onye?
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by malikisah: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2015
glimpse33:
The police in Benin arrested one Apostle Ikenna
Okafor

Eni Omo Yeeboo, Yeeboo grin
Biafra!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by justmenoni: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2015
I so much agree with you on this, why was he arrested?? No be human being used na.

quote author=adeaks post=41412114]When did it become a crime for someone to bury charm in front of his church. This is about individual religious beliefs. If you believe the pastor is occultic, then avoid his church while warning others to do likewise.

Now that he has been arrested, what crime will he be charged for and under which law? undecided[/quote]
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2015
linearity:

Though the act of burying the charm is not a crime, but it is a crime to deceive the public that he is a pastor, when he is not.

Says who? Who are you to say that he is not a pastor or he was deceiving the public. What if he tells you that it was God who instructed him to bury the charm. How are you going to disprove that in court?

Bro you don't mix religion with law. How did he deceive the public.

He can also be charged for stealing under false pretenses on account of all the tithes and offerings he has been collecting.

I laugh in Spanish. I would dearly want to be the lawyer representing the accused on this charge. How do you prove the mens rea? The congregation willingly gave the tithe and offering to God, not the pastor so where does the actus reus of stealing under false pretence come in. It would have been a different matter if he asked them to donate to himself.

Can you cite one case in which a pastor was successfully convicted of stealing under false pretence in relation to tithes and offering?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by femex12: 11:47am On Dec 28, 2015
Fake pastors everywhere
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Awoofawo(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2015
linearity:

Though the act of burying the charm is not a crime, but it is a crime to deceive the public that he is a pastor, when he is not.

He can also be charged for stealing under false pretenses on account of all the tithes and offerings he has been collecting.
if we are to go by your suggestion, most pastors and imams in Nigeria would be behind bar. As long as no human blood was involved, the pastor has right to freedom of religion under the constitution. As far as I'm concern he is only practising his fore-father religion. Case close! His congregation chosen to be magalize and that's their problem! grin
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by father2father4eva(m): 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
kestolove95:
Ayedepo d breast enlarger u ar next
it's your great grandfather is the next... terrorist like you, what is it that we will say we re benefiting from that so called islamic religion of yours in Nigeria, creating trouble all over the world... oyedepo you foolishly mentioned now is making us proud all over the globe.. while I see what you guys are doing with bokoharam
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by BrBakreez(m): 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
ANOTHER DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LAW AND MORALITY IN A
CHURCH IN BENIN

This really got me laughing, a pastor was
arrested on a tip off of members of the community by members of Nigerian police Force
for allegedly burying charm in his church. That got me
laughing as a lawyer, they said he buried a live animal and
performed some ritual therein but still have to laugh
because of questions that came to my mind when Police
said they are still investigating same. Nobody said the pastor
buried a live human and no Police has come out to say they
discovered human part in the said church. Now what would
they charge for? Possession and burying charms in his
church when he is a pastor? Cruelty to animals? Is it illegal to
possess charm in Nigeria? What law says it is illegal? Many
church goers who may not understand how law works may
frown at this but the question is does law work the way
many of us think? We need to separate law from morality, I
can only say what the pastor has done from his religious
perspective is immoral but no more. These are some of the
very controversial criminal cases I love to handle so that we
can mess up the Police and the entire prosecution team with
their witness in an open court. Don't get it twisted, law and
morality are two separate waters that look very much alike
but do not necessarily mix in some situation until law allows
morality to have a passage in its flow.
In a more simpler form, a pastor buried charms within his
church premises, Thank God for exposing him! May he rot in
jail! Why? That is wrong! Why is it wrong? It is very bad to do
that as a pastor? Says who? The bible I read forbids us to
engage in such! Ehn ehn, are you a Nigerian? Yes, do you
understand our criminal law? Yes, even it is wrong in that
law! Can you show me? No! Why do you say it is wrong?
Because I think law does not allow pastor to do such? You
think? Yes, it may be bad to you but to me I do not believe it
is bad since it not wrong in law to do that until you can show
me a law that prohibits same.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by chacoonder(m): 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pastor is an ordinary title like:Mr,Master,Mrs and the likes. I don't know why people consecrate it this much.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Brightology2(m): 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
Lolz mumu
glimpse33:
Okafor

Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by freshvine(f): 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
glimpse33:
Okafor

Shame on Yeeboos. They don't know how to handle charms after patronizing ijebu odes maybe because they aren't use to it like us in the south west!

Imagine it's another igbo man that's the only eye witness to the crime... Shame!
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Lakayanah: 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
adeaks:

Says who? Who are you to say that he is not a pastor or he was deceiving the public. What if he tells you that it was God who instructed him to bury the charm. How are you going to disprove that in court?

Bro you don't mix religion with law. How did he deceive the public.

I laugh in Spanish. I would dearly want to be the lawyer representing the accusedon this charge. How do you prove the mens rea? The congregation willingly gave the tithe and offering to God, not the pastor so where does the actus reus of stealing under false pretence come in. It would have been a different matter if he asked them to donate to himself.

Can you cite one case in which a pastor was successfully convicted of stealing under false pretence in relation to tithes and offering?
Willingly gave the money to God? When did the pastor become God? How is he going to transfer the money into God's account and which bank is he carrying out the transaction?
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by chacoonder(m): 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2015
BrBakreez:
ANOTHER DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LAW AND MORALITY IN A
CHURCH IN BENIN

This really got me laughing, a pastor was
arrested on a tip off of members of the community by members of Nigerian police Force
for allegedly burying charm in his church. That got me
laughing as a lawyer, they said he buried a live animal and
performed some ritual therein but still have to laugh
because of questions that came to my mind when Police
said they are still investigating same. Nobody said the pastor
buried a live human and no Police has come out to say they
discovered human part in the said church[b]. Now what would
they charge for? Possession and burying charms in his
church when he is a pastor? Cruelty to animals? Is it illegal to
possess charm in Nigeria? What law says it is illegal? [/b]
They will charge him for Public deception and Environmental Pollution.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by festusperry(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
kestolove95:
Ayedepo d breast enlarger u ar next

May God 4give u
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by systemz(m): 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
adeaks:
When did it become a crime for someone to bury charm in front of his church. This is about individual religious beliefs. If you believe the pastor is occultic, then avoid his church while warning others to do likewise.

Now that he has been arrested, what crime will he be charged for and under which law? undecided
I like this civilized talk.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Xtfield(m): 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
adeaks:

ILLEGALLY CONVERTING THE FRONT OF HIS CHURCH, WHICH HAPPENS TO BE A PUBLIC PLACE TO A BURIAL GROUND!!!
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by DjAduba(m): 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
Sunnycliff:
Wetin concern police with the burial of the something? Na the man 'church' and his business naa!! #fakepastorseverywhere
When ever there is a report Police must act otherwise it may turn criminal: i.e it may transcend to a riot or something bigger.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Henovy: 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
kombats:
Sometime i dont blame some atheist na all this rubbish cos am d best thing na wey person dey pray for him house jeje
Bro. that is not a good decision. Please go to church but a bible believing one, not those that specialize in miracles without preaching holiness.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by BrBakreez(m): 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
chacoonder:
They will charge him for Public deception and Environmental Pollution.
Issorait. I have heard you but charging and succeeding are two different things.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by paulibling(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
adeaks:

he will be charged for burying and church premise round walking. ndi ala.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
adeaks:

and it is a crime for u also not to keep abreast with the extant criminal law as amended.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by xXRonPaul42016X: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
How do they even know this was a ritual? They say he buried a live animal, alive when they dug it up? Walking around a church is a ritual now? Maybe he found a dead animal in church, buried it, and then went for a walk.
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Obcglobal(m): 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
Police took him away to avoid the public lynching him and not arresting him because in that scenario no offense was committed
N
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Coolgent(m): 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ikenna Why now"
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Ayatullah(m): 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
This Pastor was caught, thank God!.............only God knows what other pastors have buried without being caught. May God have mercy on these pastors and their 'sheep' with THE TRUE GUIDANCE........... (you know what I mean)!
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by eposho: 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
What crime has been committed now.?
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by Bobnotrouble: 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
So many are guilty of this!
Re: Pastor Buries Charm In Church In Benin by macdelene(m): 6:56am On Dec 29, 2015
adeaks:

End time member

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammed Teachings About Shaitan (Satan). . .Just Too Hilarious! / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.