Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity (5194 Views)

Franklin Graham's Tweet About Stephen Hawkins And The Reply He Got / A More reasonable Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity / TB Joshua & Ayo Babalola Listed Among World’s Most Famous Prophets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
Maamin:

Answer

THE delusion is strong with this one.

It was my analogy, I dropped the stone in the water foh!

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by plaetton: 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
Maamin:

You are greatly mistaken bro! Talking about gravity being formed out of nothing or rather not a force in itself is ridiculous that is why Newton law contradict that analogy u gave up there. But I will give you the benefit of doubt. Physicists understand pretty well the quantum of our physical world and so many researches has been conducted successfully to bring us the knowledge of quantum physics right up to where we are today. I will rather agree with you if you had said "Physicists do not entirely understand the meta physical world."

My friend, you don't get it.
Why don't you guys understand something first before you knee-jerk react to criticize it ?

There is no place for Newtonian physics in the quantum arena.
Therefore , invoking Newton here is a mute exercise.

Physicists are trying to understand quantum phenomena and how it interfaces or directs our physical reality.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
Maamin:

You lack insight of what am talking about, for you to consider the metaphysical as imaginary world shows that you know nothing. Cheers!

Wrong, for you to consider the meta physical world as real shows that you're a toddler.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by plaetton: 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

Lol
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Maamin(m): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

Wrong, for you to consider the meta physical world as real shows that you're a toddler.

Yet this does not make it anything less than a phenomenon the physical world cant get around with.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Maamin(m): 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
plaetton:

My friend, you don't get it.
Why don't you guys understand something first before you knee-jerk react to criticize it ?

There is no place for Newtonian physics in the quantum arena.
Therefore , invoking Newton here is a mute exercise.

Physicists are trying to understand quantum phenomena and how it interfaces or directs our physical reality.

The last time I checked he was talking about gravity.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Maamin(m): 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

Awwwww! You might get this in another few years from now! Well keep studying.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by plaetton: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
Maamin:

You lack insight of what am talking about, for you to consider the metaphysical as imaginary world shows that you know nothing. Cheers!

The difference between you and him are glaringly obvious.

He is talking about quantum mechanics, a real scientific and academic discipline, an area where facts, theories, observations, experimentations , mathematical corrolaries are analyzed and published for the public domain.

You, on the other hand, are behaving true to your African proclivity.
You invoke your so-called metaphysics. What is metaphysics?
Magic, supernatural mumbo jumbo devoid of facts, theories, observations, experimentations or mathematical corrolaries. Certainly too silly to be of academic or scientific value.

So, you see , the difference is sooo clear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Maamin(m): 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
plaetton:

[s]He is talking about quantum mechanics, a real scientific and academic discipline, an area where facts, theories, observations, experimentations , mathematical corrolaries are analyzed and published for the public domain.[/s]

Magic, supernatural mumbo jumbo devoid of facts, theories, observations, experimentations or mathematical corrolaries. Certainly too silly to be of academic or scientific value.

Topic was on comprehensive breakdown of Stephen's quote on GRAVITY. Now quantum mechanics does not even begin to cover that.

I just striked that out.

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

Your analogy only proved to theists that GOD exists. You dropped the matter into the 'BUCKET-WATER' system thereby causing the adhesion of the water molecules to the additional water. So by comparison, God caused the quantum fluctuations which formed the matter and thus caused the space-time curvature(that which the white man calls Gravity).

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
plaetton:

He is talking about quantum mechanics, a real scientific and academic discipline, an area where facts, theories, observations, experimentations , mathematical corrolaries are analyzed and published for the public domain.

So if scientists are yet to completely understand quantum mechanics shouldn't they shut up until they completely do?
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by CoolUsername: 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
timonski:

It wasn't a genetic flaw. It started in his late teens.
It only becomes symptomatic later in life.

Also don't call another person a slowpoke when you can't even google a simple illness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by plaetton: 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
Maamin:

Topic was on comprehensive breakdown of Stephen's quote on GRAVITY. Now quantum mechanics does not even begin to cover that.

I just striked that out.

Wrong.

Gravity is extremely important in quantum mechanics.
In Newtonian physics, gravity is a force that pulls objects.
I quantum mechanics, the properties of gravity are not so simplistic.
It's extremely complicated, and requires many different mathematical models to understand.
It is still not clear what exactly gravity is.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by menesheh(m): 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
timonski:

Wait! Isn't stephen hawkings that im.becile with an electronic voice?
Well. What do I expect from one who is mentally re.tarded.

I presume you are still a very young boy, less than thirty. Stephen was pretty healthier more than you do now when he was your age, attended high profile University, very rich as of your age and smarter/intelligent more than you at your age then.

Diseases and lethal micro organisms are not anybodys friend. It can come anytime, anywhere and can affect anybody. Pray that yours is not gonna be worse than his, that you may not even be dead before 70 or maybe affected by worse abnormality ever. He celebrated his 77yrs this yr.

So start growing up very fast and now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
menesheh:

I presume you are still a very young boy, less than thirty. Stephen was pretty healthier more than you do now when he was your age, attended high profile University, very rich as of your age then.

Diseases and lethal micro organisms are not anybodys friend. It can come anytime, anywhere and can affect anybody. Pray that yours is not gonna be worse than his, that you may not even be dead before 70 or maybe affected by worse abnormality ever. He celebrated his 77yrs this yr.

So start growing up very fast and now
I don't see ur point.
And no Atheistic Im.becile can be smarter than I am, obviously.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Maamin(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
plaetton:

Wrong.

Gravity is extremely important in quantum mechanics.
In Newtonian physics, gravity is a force that pulls objects.
I quantum mechanics, the properties of gravity are not so simplistic.
It's extremely complicated, and requires many different mathematical models to understand.
It is still not clear what exactly gravity is.

Then am done here
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
timonski:

Your analogy only proved to theists that GOD exists. You dropped the matter into the 'BUCKET-WATER' system thereby causing the adhesion of the water molecules to the additional water. So by comparison, God caused the quantum fluctuations which formed the matter and thus caused the space-time curvature(that which the white man calls Gravity).

God didn't cause the quantum fluctuations, it is a physical phenomenon that happens randomly in all parts of the universe.

There are quantum fields fluctuations happening on your phone right now, creating random particles everywhere. These fluctuations aren't caused by anything - the idea that you have to have a cause in order to get an effect is a classical law that is nullified at the quantum scale.

Space, and quantum fields pre-date the matter in the universe, that's why some cosmologists are beginning to put forward theories of an eternal reality.

THE big bang explains the creation of matter, not space neither does it explain the creation of quantum fields these things are eternal. Space is infinite, matter isn't.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Maamin(m): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
timonski:

So if scientists are yet to completely understand quantum mechanics shouldn't they shut up until they completely do?

Don't mind him, in his own case it is already infallible and answers all matters of life yet, Joshua says Physicists are yet to fully understand this scientific phenomenon...Imagine!
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
Maamin:

Don't mind him, in his own case it is already infallible and answers all matters of life yet, Joshua says Physicists are yet to fully understand this scientific phenomenon...Imagine!

Yes but we understand that classical laws don't work at the quantum scale. How any times do I have to say it?? Huh?

Physicists can study what's happening, but they can't tell how it's happening or why.
Quantum field fluctuations is a fact, but no one knows why it's happening.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

God didn't cause the quantum fluctuations, it is a physical phenomenon that happens randomly in all parts of the universe.

There are quantum fields fluctuations happening on your phone right now, creating random particles everywhere. These fluctuations aren't caused by anything - the idea that you have to have a cause in order to get an effect is a classical law that is nullified at the quantum scale.

Space, and quantum fields pre-date the matter in the universe, that's why some cosmologists are beginning to put forward theories of an eternal reality.

THE big bang explains the creation of matter, not space neither does it explain the creation of quantum fields these things are eternal. Space is infinite, matter isn't.
Humor me. So space is infinite but yet expands/bends. If I may ask, what is this ALLOWANCE into which space bends/expand?
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Maamin(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

Yes but we understand that classical laws don't work at the quantum scale. How any times do I have to say it?? Huh?

There you go again, if you take away the Newtonian physics from the quantum level then the quantum mechanics no longer have basis to stand upon. Why because, the classical laws are very important to it..how then do you think it can be possible that engineers and physicists are considering moving technology into a nano scale if they are bias with their main science background laws that guided them in their research?

Is like talking about the history of India's independence without mentioning Gandhi.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Dekatron(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
@maamin :- Gravity in Newtonian physics talks about force exerted on bodies/matter. . . In Quantum Physics :- its related to time and other more complex things. . . You saying metaphysics in this debate is absurd.

@timonski :- Hawkings had manifestation of his disease in his teen. Yes. But I thought genetic diseases at one point or the other will manifest. . . Saying because it manifested in his late teens makes it non-genetic is quite DUMB!! (no apology intended). . . Also, according to science, its quite rare and VIRTUALLY impossible to live long when having the disease. He remains a wonder and mystery in medical science. I bet if it were to be you, you would be long dead and forgotten (again, no apology intended)

again, saying an atheistic imbec.ile cannot be smarter than you shows you are dumb, hateful, bad mannered, foolish, a slowpoke, proud and hate learning. . . . He is today a world renowned physicist. Something your WHOLE GENERATION and lineage haven't produced and will NEVER EVER EVER IN THE NEXT 100years produce. . . Infact, he is smarter than your god. . . If he was really not smarter than you, by now u should be a nobel laurette. . . I bet your CGPA was/is 1.39 in university and still Hawkings is not smarter than you. . . . Timonski, I feel like slapping you for insulting a PRIDE OF SCIENCE. . . HAWKING IS SMARTER THAN YOU AND YOUR THEIST GOD. . . MOFO!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

There are quantum fields fluctuations happening on your phone right now, [bold]creating random particles everywhere.[/bold] These fluctuations aren't caused by anything - the idea that you have to have a cause in order to get an effect is a classical law that is nullified at the quantum scale.

lol. How did I miss this! Where did you observe random particles popping out of nowhere? This sounds like fanfiction.
You can post this thread on this site:
http://fanfiction.net

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dekatron:
@maamin :- Gravity in Newtonian physics talks about force exerted on bodies/matter. . . In Quantum Physics :- its related to time and other more complex things. . . You saying metaphysics in this debate is absurd.

@timonski :- Hawkings had manifestation of his disease in his teen. Yes. But I thought genetic diseases at one point or the other will manifest. . . Saying because it manifested in his late teens makes it non-genetic is quite DUMB!! (no apology intended). . . Also, according to science, its quite rare and VIRTUALLY impossible to live long when having the disease. He remains a wonder and mystery in medical science. I bet if it were to be you, you would be long dead and forgotten (again, no apology intended)

again, saying an atheistic imbec.ile cannot be smarter than you shows you are dumb, hateful, bad mannered, foolish, a slowpoke, proud and hate learning. . . . He is today a world renowned physicist. Something your WHOLE GENERATION and lineage haven't produced and will NEVER EVER EVER IN THE NEXT 100years produce. . . Infact, he is smarter than your god. . . If he was really not smarter than you, by now u should be a nobel laurette. . . I bet your CGPA was/is 1.39 in university and still Hawkings is not smarter than you. . . . Timonski, I feel like slapping you for insulting a PRIDE OF SCIENCE. . . HAWKING IS SMARTER THAN YOU AND YOUR THEIST GOD. . . MOFO!!
hahahaha. I am sure am smarter than hawkings, hands down.
He wasn't even smart enough to beat James Wood in an iq test.
1.39 ke. At least I use you get hope.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Maamin(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dekatron:

You got me misunderstood, you cant put away newtonian physics completely if you are talking pertaining Gravity..even if you are dealing with such topic under quantum physics. Check my last post before this one I explained a little more there.

And I only mentioned metaphysics when Joshua says that physicists are yet to fully grasp quantum physics which I strongly believe is not true and rather suggested that had it been he was talking about "metaphysics" then I will agree with him that physicists are yet to understand such. Hope am clear now?
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
timonski:

Humor me. So space is infinite but yet expands/bends. If I may ask, what is this ALLOWANCE into which space bends/expand?

Contradictory statement, if space is infinite then it can expand into itself.

5 × infinity = infinity, why? Because infinity is so large it already contains the value for 5 × infinity.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

Physicists can study what's happening, but they can't tell how it's happening or why.
[bold]Quantum field fluctuations is a fact, but no one knows why it's happening[/bold].
It is happening because of God, duh. /s
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

Contradictory statement, if space is infinite then it can expand into itself.

5 × infinity = infinity, why? Because infinity is so large it already contains the value for 5 × infinity.
False analogy. Infinity does not exist. Space is finite.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Maamin:

There you go again, if you take away the Newtonian physics from the quantum level then the quantum mechanics no longer have basis to stand upon. Why because, the classical laws are very important to it..how then do you think it can be possible that engineers and physicists are considering moving technology into a nano scale if they are bias with their main science background laws that guided them in their research?

Is like talking about the history of India's independence without mentioning Gandhi.

You apparently have a problem with understanding simple concepts.
Is the quantum world made up of the classical world? Eh..

E gba mi ke.
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
timonski:

False analogy. Infinity does not exist. Space is finite.
Prove it
Re: A Comprehensive Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joshuabase:

Prove it
* space is finite because it expands into some allowance
* space is finite because the universe is finite. Since space is an intrinsic property of the finite universe it is therefore FINITE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Testimony Of Heaven, Hell And Todays Church / The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation / Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.