Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Atheism Is The Only Solution To The Endless Enemity Between Christians And Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is The Only Solution To The Endless Enemity Between Christians And Islam (1144 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Is The Only Solution To The Endless Enemity Between Christians And Islam by banom(m): 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2009
I am writing this in defence to atheism and to show how it can bring a lasting peace ,end ancient enemity,unite and broker out coperation between christians and islam and save the world from endless bloodshading,war, enemity,conflict, fight and hatrade this two amoral religious groups have put the world into,

Before i start, I want to say it loud that christians and Islams are the worst and highest enemies on earth,
There is no common line of agreement beween the two religions even though they claim to be worshiping the same God, there is a strong unending enemity that exist between the duo, they hate ,fight, kill, destroy each other, and as it stands now, even if Jesus christ and Mohamed comes out to make peace between them selves, IT WILL NEVER WORK, a christians sees an islam as a person following DEVIL, and an islam sees a christians as a person following a wrong religion, so there is none but only one way this two amoral groups can be reconcilled, AND THAT WAY IS ATHEISM,

ATHEISM means NOT BELIEVE in the existence of a supernatural, consequently, there is absolutely nothing or no one to worship, and i want to make it clear that christans and Islams are not worshipng any supernatural bein, they are following and worshing Jesus christ and Mohamed,

Once a person turns to an atheist,he wouldn't need to follow any one,hate or kill any body in the name of religion, he/she sees every person as his fellow humanbein , he coperates with each other with  a sound objective mind, and not the amoral way these two religious groups sees each other,

Finally, i advice all you christians and Islams to turn to Athiests  so you can  become one,love yourselve,stop fighting and killing yourselves and save the world from the troubles and wars you have put it into through your senseless religiously motivated believes.
Re: Atheism Is The Only Solution To The Endless Enemity Between Christians And Islam by pilgrim1(f): 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2009
Hallo banom,

I understand you're canvassing for atheism, but reading through your submission simply renders your type of atheism uninformed and rather more problematic than tending to a solution. Let's see:

banom:

I am writing this in defence to atheism and to show how it can bring a lasting peace ,end ancient enemity,unite and broker out coperation between christians and islam and save the world from endless bloodshading,war, enemity,conflict, fight and hatrade this two amoral religious groups have put the world into,

First, it is not 'Christians and islam', rather should be 'Christians and Muslims'. Without religion, people have gone to war and a lot of people on Nairaland still express hatred one way or another - whether it discussions on sports, romance, or politics. Two religious groups may be opposed to one another; but your arbitration does not seek to understand them before assuming that atheism solves the problem. Indeed, we know that atheists are not all agreed in their world views or even professional vocations.

banom:

Before i start, I want to say it loud that christians and Islams are the worst and highest enemies on earth,

You have a mindset, don't you? cheesy

banom:

There is no common line of agreement beween the two religions even though they claim to be worshiping the same God, there is a strong unending enemity that exist between the duo, they hate ,fight, kill, destroy each other, and as it stands now, even if Jesus christ and Mohamed comes out to make peace between them selves, IT WILL NEVER WORK, a christians sees an islam as a person following DEVIL, and an islam sees a christians as a person following a wrong religion, so there is none but only one way this two amoral groups can be reconcilled, AND THAT WAY IS ATHEISM,

I can't laugh at your simplistic solution enough. How does a denial of belief in God solve differences between two theistic worlviews? You just assume that you problems are solved as soon as you introduce atheism, and I doubt whether you even understand the atheism you carry at all before advertising it. This is not the way to broker resolve - it only adds to the problem.

banom:

ATHEISM means NOT BELIEVE in the existence of a supernatural, consequently, there is absolutely nothing or no one to worship, and i want to make it clear that christans and Islams are not worshipng any supernatural bein, they are following and worshing Jesus christ and Mohamed,

Atheism does not mean "not believe" - you need to understand your own worldview before embarrassing it further in public. Atheism clearly is the denial of the existence of God and the supernatural. Slice it whatever way you may, that is what you'll find it assumes at the end of the day. To deny the supernatural is a chosen position, not an informed one.

banom:

Once a person turns to an atheist,he wouldn't need to follow any one,hate or kill any body in the name of religion, he/she sees every person as his fellow humanbein , he coperates with each other with a sound objective mind, and not the amoral way these two religious groups sees each other,

Becoming an atheist does not turn someone into the sort of automaton you prescribe, dude. Atheists are still human beings, and when exposed to the same experience as everyone else, they would still do the very same things you deny.

banom:

Finally, i advice all you christians and Islams to turn to Athiests so you can become one,love yourselve,stop fighting and killing yourselves and save the world from the troubles and wars you have put it into through your senseless religiously motivated believes.

If only you were informed about your own brand of atheism before exposing it the way you did, perhaps you would not have expressed how religious senseless your motive is. But there's hope you'll learn to reason about issues before polarising your thoughts.

Cheers.
Re: Atheism Is The Only Solution To The Endless Enemity Between Christians And Islam by jagunlabi(m): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2009
Banom,what the world needs is people deriving their spirituality from the sense of ONENESS,instead of deriving from the sense of SEPARATENESS,as these two dogmatic religions both represent and promote.
If mankind can somehow awakens to the fact that we are all one,and that what i do to others i do to myself,the world will be a lot more peaceful.
Re: Atheism Is The Only Solution To The Endless Enemity Between Christians And Islam by pilgrim1(f): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2009
jagunlabi:

Banom,what the world needs is people deriving their spirituality from the sense of ONENESS,instead of deriving from the sense of SEPARATENESS,as these two dogmatic religions both represent and promote.
If mankind can somehow awakens to the fact that we are all one,and that what i do to others i do to myself,the world will be a lot more peaceful.

It is not as simplistic as you put it. One might say, easier said than done. Every worldview today has the distinctives of these two things: 'oneness' and 'separateness' - these are the very things that define identities and the same reasons why an atheist would want to separate from theists. Not all atheists hold the same outlook at life, and certainly not all theists are of the same worldview. Oneness and separateness pervade every single identity you can think of, and there's no need for one to assume that these "problems" are peculiar to only Christianity and/or Islam.

(1) (Reply)

The Sign Of His Return Is Too Vissble. / The Father’s Love Is In You -pastor Chris / Reflection/homily: Fifth (5th) Sunday Of Lent Year B (march 25 2012)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.