Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) (2469 Views)

Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran / 5 Unmentioned Miracles Of Jesus Christ / Scientific Miracles In The Quran... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by anonymousisme(m): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2015
The Qur’an is not a book of Science, Philosophy, Geology, History, etc. it is revelation from God as guidance for Mankind. However, if experts from any of the human sciences were to read it, they would conclude beyond doubt, that the words of the Qur’an are not from any human being but from God Almighty. The field of Science is no different. The Qur’an contains countless scientific facts which were unknown to man even a hundred years ago, and considering it was revealed fourteen hundred years ago, clearly/absolutely proves its divine origin.

The Qur’an on the Origin of the Universe
The Science of modern cosmology, observational and theoretical, clearly indicates that, at one point in time, the whole universe was nothing but a cloud of ‘smoke’ (i.e., an opaque highly dense and gaseous composition). This is one of the undisputed principles of standard modern cosmology. Scientists now can observe new stars forming out of the remnants of that ’smoke’ (see figures 1and 2).
Figure 1: A new star forming out of a cloud of gas and dust(nebula), which is one of the remnants of the 'smoke' that was the origin of the whole universe. (The Space Atlas, Heather and Henbest, page 50)
Figure 2: The Lagoon nebula is s cloud of gas and dust, about 60 light years in diameter. It is excited by the ultraviolet radiation of the hot stars that have recently formed within its bulk( Horizons, Exploring the Universe, Seeds, plate 9, from Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy, Inc)

(see figures 1and 2).

The illuminating stars we see at night were, just was as the whole universe, in that ‘smoke’ material. God has said in the Qur’an:

‘’Then He directed Himself to the heaven while it was smoke…’’ (Qur’an 41:11)

Because the earth and the heavens above (the sun, the moon, stars, planets, galaxies, etc.) have been formed from this same ‘smoke,’ we conclude that the earth and the heavens were one connected entity. Then out of this homogenous ‘smoke,’ they formed and separated from each other. God has said in the Qur’an:

‘’Have those who distributed not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and we separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?’’ (Qur’an 21:30)

We know that our world, the sun and the stars did not come about immediately after the primeval explosion. For the universe was in a gaseous state before the formation of the stars. This gaseous state was initially made of hydrogen and helium. Condensation and compensation shaped the planets, the earth, the sun and the stars that were but products of the gaseous state. The discovery of these phenomena has been rendered possible thanks to successive findings as a result of observations and theoretical developments.
The knowledge of all contemporary communities during the time of the Prophet would not suffice for the assertion that the universe had once been in a gaseous state. The Prophet himself did not claim to be the author of the statements in the Qur’an as it reminded, declaring that he is simply a messenger of God.

‘’That is from the news of the unseen which we reveal to you, [O Muhammad]. You knew it not, neither you nor your people, before this. So be patient; indeed, the [best] outcome is for the righteous'' (Qur’an 11:49)

Dr. Alfred Kroner is one of the world’s renowned geologists from Johannes Gutenberg University in Germany. He said: ‘’ Thinking where Muhammad came from. . . I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found about within the last few years, with very complicated and advanced technological methods, that this is the case. . . .Somebody who did not know something about nuclear physics fourteen hundred years ago could not, I think, be in a position to find out from his own mind, for instance, that the earth and the heavens had the same origin.’’

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Annunaki(m): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2015
Muslims always trying to twist the quoran to conform with science in their desperate but failed bid to prove their useless quoran is divine. grin

4 Likes

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by BETATRON(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2015
Annunaki:
Muslims always trying to twist the quoran to conform with science in their desperate but failed bid to prove their useless quoran is divine. grin
lol..look who is talking...have you been able to prove the divinity of your holy book? With all the atrocities it supports-"expecially in the old testaments". and all the contradictions and illogical assertions in your so called holy book

I'm sure you didn't sit to read the op's test,he clearly states that the koran is not a book of science and hence meant that he is not trying to shape the koran to the taste of science

He only is showing you and many others how a lot of scientific breakthroughs in modern time have been mentioned 15centuries ago and also appealing to you sense of logic and reason that how could an unlettered arab,without any scientific knowledge or instruments(keeping in mind that these scientific breakthroughs were achieved with sophisticated instruments) have achieved this feat

Fine job @op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Annunaki(m): 10:27am On Dec 29, 2015
BETATRON:
lol..look who is talking...have you been able to prove the divinity of your holy book? With all the atrocities it supports-"expecially in the old testaments". and all the contradictions and illogical assertions in your so called holy book

I'm sure you didn't sit to read the op's test,he clearly states that the koran is not a book of science and hence meant that he is not trying to shape the koran to the taste of science

He only is showing you and many others how a lot of scientific breakthroughs in modern time have been mentioned 15centuries ago and also appealing to you sense of logic and reason that how could an unlettered arab,without any scientific knowledge or instruments(keeping in mind that these scientific breakthroughs were achieved with sophisticated instruments) have achieved this feat

Fine job @op

Please reserve these rants for fellow brain dead muslims and almajiris who have been programmed from birth not to use their brain as far as the quoran and islam is concerned. To date over a thousand errors, contradictions and outright lies have been identified in the quoran and that is apart from over a hundred terror instructing verses that could only have been inspired by satan himself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by BETATRON(m): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2015
Annunaki:

Please reserve these rants for fellow brain dead muslims and almajiris who have been programmed from birth not to use their brain as far as the quoran and islam is concerned. To date over a thousand errors, contradictions and outright lies have been identified in the quoran and that is apart from over a hundred terror instructing verses that could only have been inspired by satan himself.
chuckles...your problem is you allow hatred over cloud you ability to reason clearly and to read contemplatively.

Well am not here to brawl or start a fracas with you

Just a word of advice for you---"do not let your hatred for a people lead you towards committing injustice(quran)--bro--

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Annunaki:

Can u ever argue or criticise with facts? Don't promote hatred among religion. I have noticed that most of ur threads and posts are mainly about attacking Islam and Muslims. My point is this- If u Annunaki, are a good Christian and uphold the tenets of Christianity as stated in the Bible and as Jesus commanded, u won't abuse, curse and hate Muslims as much as u do here. In summary, U Annunaki, are a very bad example of Christianity and Christ's gentleness and love teachings. Please Change

1 Like

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by BETATRON(m): 10:58am On Dec 29, 2015
Olamide1997:

Can u ever argue or criticise with facts? Don't promote hatred among religion. I have noticed that most of ur threads and posts are mainly about attacking Islam and Muslims. My point is this- If u Annunaki, are a good Christian and uphold the tenets of Christianity as stated in the Bible and as Jesus commanded, u won't abuse, curse and hate Muslims as much as u do here. In summary, U Annunaki, are a very bad example of Christianity and Christ's gentleness and love teachings. Please Change
that's what some1 who is weak logically does instead of producing their point with moral eloquence they result in immoral means without making the least sense in the end

I wonder if the guy actually reads the bible to see how christ dialogues in a healthy way,,yet on the long run he any others like him derives joy in calling themselves CHRIST-LIKE
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Annunaki(m): 11:59am On Dec 29, 2015
Olamide1997:

Do you want me to start listing out all the lies, errors, contradictions and terror inspiring verses in the quoran Cause the list is endless. That said, I don't hate muslims. It is islam I hate with a passion and I see muslims as poor victims of islam so I pity them and not hate them.
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Annunaki:

Do you want me to start listing out all the lies, errors, contradictions and terror inspiring verses in the quoran Cause the list is endless. That said, I don't hate muslims. It is islam I hate with a passion and I see muslims as poor victims of islam so I pity them and not hate them.
List them- I am all ears
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Annunaki(m): 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
Olamide1997:

List them- I am all ears

Google is your friend, I don't have the energy for long write ups now.
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by dorox(m): 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
Olamide1997:

List them- I am all ears
It is a lenghty read but I am sure you will learn quite a lot about the quran from it.

http://www.1000mistakes.com/1000mistakes/

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Annunaki(m): 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
Qur’an 18:83-86—And they ask you about Dhul-Qarnain. Say: “I shall recite to you something of his story.” Verily, We established him in the earth, and We gave him the means of everything. So he followed a way. Until, when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of black muddy (or hot) water. And he found near it a people.

Sunan Abu Dawud 3991—Abu Dharr said: I was sitting behind the Apostle of Allah who was riding a donkey while the sun was setting. He asked: Do you know where this sets? I replied: Allah and his Apostle know best. He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.

According to the book of errors(quoran) the sun sets in a muddy pool grin seriously illiteracy as afflicted on mohamed is a very terrible disease cheesy
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by true2god: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
anonymousisme:
The Qur’an is not a book of Science, Philosophy, Geology, History, etc. it is revelation from God as guidance for Mankind. However, if experts from any of the human sciences were to read it, they would conclude beyond doubt, that the words of the Qur’an are not from any human being but from God Almighty. The field of Science is no different. The Qur’an contains countless scientific facts which were unknown to man even a hundred years ago, and considering it was revealed fourteen hundred years ago, clearly/absolutely proves its divine origin.

The Qur’an on the Origin of the Universe
The Science of modern cosmology, observational and theoretical, clearly indicates that, at one point in time, the whole universe was nothing but a cloud of ‘smoke’ (i.e., an opaque highly dense and gaseous composition). This is one of the undisputed principles of standard modern cosmology. Scientists now can observe new stars forming out of the remnants of that ’smoke’ (see figures 1and 2).
Figure 1: A new star forming out of a cloud of gas and dust(nebula), which is one of the remnants of the 'smoke' that was the origin of the whole universe. (The Space Atlas, Heather and Henbest, page 50)
Figure 2: The Lagoon nebula is s cloud of gas and dust, about 60 light years in diameter. It is excited by the ultraviolet radiation of the hot stars that have recently formed within its bulk( Horizons, Exploring the Universe, Seeds, plate 9, from Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy, Inc)

(see figures 1and 2).

The illuminating stars we see at night were, just was as the whole universe, in that ‘smoke’ material. God has said in the Qur’an:

‘’Then He directed Himself to the heaven while it was smoke…’’ (Qur’an 41:11)

Because the earth and the heavens above (the sun, the moon, stars, planets, galaxies, etc.) have been formed from this same ‘smoke,’ we conclude that the earth and the heavens were one connected entity. Then out of this homogenous ‘smoke,’ they formed and separated from each other. God has said in the Qur’an:

‘’Have those who distributed not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and we separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?’’ (Qur’an 21:30)

We know that our world, the sun and the stars did not come about immediately after the primeval explosion. For the universe was in a gaseous state before the formation of the stars. This gaseous state was initially made of hydrogen and helium. Condensation and compensation shaped the planets, the earth, the sun and the stars that were but products of the gaseous state. The discovery of these phenomena has been rendered possible thanks to successive findings as a result of observations and theoretical developments.
The knowledge of all contemporary communities during the time of the Prophet would not suffice for the assertion that the universe had once been in a gaseous state. The Prophet himself did not claim to be the author of the statements in the Qur’an as it reminded, declaring that he is simply a messenger of God.

‘’That is from the news of the unseen which we reveal to you, [O Muhammad]. You knew it not, neither you nor your people, before this. So be patient; indeed, the [best] outcome is for the righteous'' (Qur’an 11:49)

Dr. Alfred Kroner is one of the world’s renowned geologists from Johannes Gutenberg University in Germany. He said: ‘’ Thinking where Muhammad came from. . . I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found about within the last few years, with very complicated and advanced technological methods, that this is the case. . . .Somebody who did not know something about nuclear physics fourteen hundred years ago could not, I think, be in a position to find out from his own mind, for instance, that the earth and the heavens had the same origin.’’

Action speaks louder that altaqiyya. Stop lying mehn, a saudi scholar (early this year) said the earth is flat. The quran said the earth spread out like a carpet. The quran said the sun set in muddy waters.

Stop believing the lies of your illiterate imams.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by anonymousisme(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
true2god:
Action speaks louder that altaqiyya. Stop lying mehn, a saudi scholar (early this year) said the earth is flat. The quran said the earth spread out like a carpet. The quran said the sun set in muddy waters.

Stop believing the lies of your illiterate imams.
Those aren't lies, Check the Qur'an, it is there. Bring out the Quranic verse that said the earth is flat
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by true2god: 4:11am On Dec 30, 2015
anonymousisme:

Those aren't lies, Check the Qur'an, it is there. Bring out the Quranic verse that said the earth is flat
quran 20:53, [It is He] who has made for you the earth as a bed [spread out] and inserted therein for you roadways and sent down from the
sky, rain and produced thereby categories of various plants.

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by tartar9(m): 8:42am On Dec 30, 2015
true2god:
quran 20:53, [It is He] who has made for you the earth as a bed [spread out] and inserted therein for you roadways and sent down from the
sky, rain and produced thereby categories of various plants.
and where does it say the earth is flat here undecided
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by BETATRON(m): 8:50am On Dec 30, 2015
tartar9:
my brother leave them jare their understanding of language is so pathetic...responding to them on this trend only mean derailing it...if they want to discuss the topics appropriately they know what to do
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by mrZENographer: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2015
The question you muslims must answer is this: Does your God till today still heal people who are blind, lame, barren, diseased, mad?

In my church, The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement, Jesus Christ is still doing it today. If you think am joking, come and see. Please also bring someone with an incurable disease incase you are "a doubting thomas."

Muslims who were brought to this ministry, when they saw the power of God in display, had to submitto this Great God Of Chosen, even Our Lord Jesus Christ who does these miracles.

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by true2god: 10:48am On Dec 30, 2015
tartar9:
Simple english comprehension. If I tell you something is spread out like a bed what do you think? What is the shape of a bed? Round, spherical or flat? What is the shape of a carpet? Round, spherical or flat? The quran, in many verses, described the earth as being spread out like a bed or carpet. Do you need the verses that described the earth as such? You seem not to understand a basic plain shape. description.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by tartar9(m): 11:25am On Dec 30, 2015
true2god:
Simple english comprehension. If I tell you something is spread out like a bed what do you think? What is the shape of a bed? Round, spherical or flat? What is the shape of a carpet? Round, spherical or flat? The quran, in many verses, described the earth as being spread out like a bed or carpet. Do you need the verses that described the earth as such? You seem not to understand a basic plain shape. description.
you just said a different thing entirely.you are the one who don't understand simple language being used to convey a meaning.is that verse as it is used there meant to imply the shape of anything.you could have as well said the earth is a foam undecided .
can you show me any verse that clearly talks of a flat earth like your bible;
“And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth" lmao
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by urahara(m): 11:55am On Dec 30, 2015
Annunaki:

Ditto for your bible as well
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by urahara(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
Annunaki:

Do you want me to start listing out all the lies, errors, contradictions and terror inspiring verses in the quoran Cause the list is endless. That said, I don't hate muslims. It is islam I hate with a passion and I see muslims as poor victims of islam so I pity them and not hate them.[/quote

] [quote author=Annunaki post=41447591]

Do you want me to start listing out all the lies, errors, contradictions and terror inspiring verses in the bible?? Cause the list is endless. That said, I don't hate Christians s. It is christianity I hate with a passion and I see christiansas poor victims of christianity so I pity them and not hate them.

P. S I am not a Muslim
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Maamin(m): 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
tartar9:
you just said a different thing entirely.you are the one who don't understand simple language being used to convey a meaning.is that verse as it is used there meant to imply the shape of anything.you could have as well said the earth is a foam undecided .
“And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth" lmao

Four corners suggest the four poles, even a day old baby should know this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by true2god: 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
tartar9:
I know I am dealing with an adult, however, you are hell bent on defending the quranic fraud of your arab masters. A simple knowledge will tell you that whatever you compare with a bed or carpet is relatively flat and whatever you compare will a ball or egg is relativley curve or circullar. Even when the word 'flat' is not expressly used when comparing an object to a carpet or bed, my brain should tell me that it that is is talking about a flat shape.

I can tell you that the emirate stadium is spread like a carpet, or as smooth as a bed. What I am telling you in essense is that emirate stadium is very flat. I take time to explain this to you though i am not expecting you to agree because islam teaches muslims to lie, especially when defending allahh/mohammed\quran.

Quran also said that sunset at muddy water, is the quran correct? The quran called mary (mother of jesus) the sister of aaron, is the quran historically correct here or wrong? There are many things wrong with your quran bro, no any single science in it. If the quran is 'scientific', as muslims\arabs always lie, the muslim nations will be the most advance in science and technology. Ironically, the arabs, aside the sub-sahara africans, are the most backward race on earth, in education, science, technology and maths.

Stop lying to yourself man, wise up and stop being fooled by your arab masters.
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by tartar9(m): 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
Maamin:

Four corners suggest the four poles, even a day old baby should know this.
pathetic explanation.how are corners and geographical poles related?
corner definition:the point or area where two lines, edges, or sides of something meet
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by tartar9(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
true2god:
I know I am dealing with an adult, however, you are hell bent on defending the quranic fraud of your arab masters. A simple knowledge will tell you that whatever you compare with a bed or carpet is relatively flat and whatever you compare will a ball or egg is relativley curve or circullar. Even when the word 'flat' is not expressly used when comparing an object to a carpet or bed, my brain should tell me that it that is is talking about a flat shape.

I can tell you that the emirate stadium is spread like a carpet, or as smooth as a bed. What I am telling you in essense is that emirate stadium is very flat. I take time to explain this to you though i am not expecting you to agree because islam teaches muslims to lie, especially when defending allahh/mohammed\quran.

Quran also said that sunset at muddy water, is the quran correct? The quran called mary (mother of jesus) the sister of aaron, is the quran historically correct here or wrong? There are many things wrong with your quran bro, no any single science in it. If the quran is 'scientific', as muslims\arabs always lie, the muslim nations will be the most advance in science and technology. Ironically, the arabs, aside the sub-sahara africans, are the most backward race on earth, in education, science, technology and maths.

Stop lying to yourself man, wise up and stop being fooled by your arab masters.
I just showed you a good example in your bible and asked you to show me any same in the Quran instead you're repeating the same dumb argument.the Arabs even thou they are in one of their worst conditions are still better than many other races and for centuries on different times in their history surpassed every other race in science and its no coincidence this was when they where totally governed by Islam.as regarding Mary,are you saying the brother of Moses is the only person ever to bear the name Aaron undecided
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Maamin(m): 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
tartar9:

pathetic explanation.how are corners and geographical poles related?
corner definition:the point or area where two lines, edges, or sides of something meet

Not really in this case

The word translated “corners,” as in the phrase above, is the Hebrew word, KANAPH. Kanaph is translated in a variety of ways. However, it generally means extremity.

It is translated “borders” in Numbers 15:38. In Ezekiel 7:2 it is translated “four corners” and again in Isaiah 11:12 “four corners.” Job 37:3 and 38:13 as “ends.”

The Greek equivalent in Revelation 7:1 is "gonia". The Greek meaning is perhaps more closely related to our modern divisions known as quadrants. Gonia literally means angles, or divisions. It is customary to divide a map into quadrants as shown by the four directions.

Some people such as you, have tried to ridicule the Bible to say that it teaches that the earth is square. The Scripture makes it quite clear that the earth is a sphere in (Isaiah 40:22).

Some have tried to say there are four knobs, or peaks on a round earth. Regardless of the various ways kanaph is translated, it makes reference to EXTREMITIES.

There are many ways in which God could have said corner. Any of the following Hebrew words could have been used:

Pinoh is used in reference to the cornerstone.

Paioh means “a geometric corner”

Ziovyoh means “right angle” or “corner”

Krnouth refers to a projecting corner.

Paamouth - If the Lord wanted to convey the idea of a square, four-cornered earth, the Hebrew word paamouth could have been used. Paamouth means square.

Instead, the Holy Spirit selected the word kanaph, conveying the idea of extremity.

It is doubtful that any religious Jew would ever misunderstand the true meaning of kanaph. For nearly 2,000 years, religious Jews have faced the city of Jerusalem three times daily and chanted the following prayer:
Sound the great trumpet for our freedom,
Raise the banner for gathering our exiles,
And gather us together from THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH
into our own land. The bible does not describe a flat earth in any way.
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by tartar9(m): 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
Maamin:

Not really in this case

The word translated “corners,” as in the phrase above, is the Hebrew word, KANAPH. Kanaph is translated in a variety of ways. However, it generally means extremity.

It is translated “borders” in Numbers 15:38. In Ezekiel 7:2 it is translated “four corners” and again in Isaiah 11:12 “four corners.” Job 37:3 and 38:13 as “ends.”

The Greek equivalent in Revelation 7:1 is "gonia". The Greek meaning is perhaps more closely related to our modern divisions known as quadrants. Gonia literally means angles, or divisions. It is customary to divide a map into quadrants as shown by the four directions.

Some people such as you, have tried to ridicule the Bible to say that it teaches that the earth is square. The Scripture makes it quite clear that the earth is a sphere in (Isaiah 40:22).

Some have tried to say there are four knobs, or peaks on a round earth. Regardless of the various ways kanaph is translated, it makes reference to EXTREMITIES.

There are many ways in which God could have said corner. Any of the following Hebrew words could have been used:

Pinoh is used in reference to the cornerstone.

Paioh means “a geometric corner”

Ziovyoh means “right angle” or “corner”

Krnouth refers to a projecting corner.

Paamouth - If the Lord wanted to convey the idea of a square, four-cornered earth, the Hebrew word paamouth could have been used. Paamouth means square.

Instead, the Holy Spirit selected the word kanaph, conveying the idea of extremity.

It is doubtful that any religious Jew would ever misunderstand the true meaning of kanaph. For nearly 2,000 years, religious Jews have faced the city of Jerusalem three times daily and chanted the following prayer:
Sound the great trumpet for our freedom,
Raise the banner for gathering our exiles,
And gather us together from THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH
into our own land. The bible does not describe a flat earth in any way.

you're saying the same thing whether corners,ends or extremities of the earth.the poles are abstract concepts that where created to specify direction.there are hundreds of similar words the bible could easily have used to mean or sound close to the same thing.
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by true2god: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
tartar9:
I just showed you a good example in your bible and asked you to show me any same in the Quran instead you're repeating the same dumb argument.the Arabs even thou they are in one of their worst conditions are still better than many other races and for centuries on different times in their history surpassed every other race in science and its no coincidence this was when they where totally governed by Islam.as regarding Mary,are you saying the brother of Moses is the only person ever to bear the name Aaron undecided
The quran also said the sun set on a muddy water. Is this also part of the 'scientific' miracle in the quran?
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by tartar9(m): 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
true2god:
The quran also said the sun set on a muddy water. Is this also part of the 'scientific' miracle in the quran?
so if I said I found the sun setting between two mountains or behind a mountain you're going to confuse it to mean that the sun is setting just between those two mountains.go get a life man its obvious no scientific meaning was attached to the statement.all these are part of our everyday speech.
Re: Scientific Miracles Of The Qur'an (The Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
Annunaki:

According to the book of errors(quoran) the sun sets in a muddy pool grin seriously illiteracy as afflicted on mohamed is a very terrible disease cheesy

When you don't understand Arabic, dont rely on one translation, it will be erroneous for you to do that.

let's see several translations.

Until when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he perceived it setting in a miry spring...[Abdul Majid Daryabadi].

Until, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he saw it setting in a spring of hot and black muddy water... [Ali Unal]

Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it [as if] setting in a spring of dark mud...[Sahih international]

After looking at a few translations(including yours) of the verse it becomes clear what the verse is saying. The verse clearly says Dhul-Qarnayn travelled to the end of the land (i.e. until he reached the sea), as far west as he could travel. When he travelled west and reached the coast, there was no more land in this direction(on his route to travel westward), there was only the ocean, and the sun was setting. And as he looked across the murky body of water he saw the sun setting at the horizon. for you to understand what I'm saying, look at the photo attached to this post and tell me what you see, whatever you see is the same thing Dhul-Qarnayn saw, ^^this is what the Quran described! so chief its your gullibility and hate that brought about the alleged mistake.

As regards the hadith, is it sahih(authentic)? The answer is a capital NO! The hadith is anomalous and defective as demonstrated HERE

An anomalous hadith is the one which a reliable transmitter relates and which is in conflict with what other people relate.

A defective hadith is one in which a defect impugning its soundness is detected, although it outwardly appears to be free of the defect. That may apply to an isnad(chain of transmitters) made up of reliable transmitters which outwardly seems to fulfill the conditions of soundness. Someone being alone in transmitting the hadith as well as others contradicting him aid in catching the defect.

funny enough I was reading a book this morning that speaks on this subject(anomalous or defective ahadith)
And the author being Hafiz Ibn Salah writes;

“The sahih (authentic) hadith is a “supported” hadith ( al-hadith al-musnad ), the isnad(chain of transmitters) of which coheres continuously through the transmission of one upright and accurate person from another up to its point of termination. The authentic hadith can be neither anomalous nor defective ” (An Introduction to the Science of Hadith, page 5)

In nutshell the hadith is a weak hadith because according to the science of hadith, an authentic hadith shouldn't be anomalous neither should it be defective.

And ALLAH(S.W.T) Knows best!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ask Satan To Appear If He Trully Exist Ogaga4love / I'm Scared Of Being A Born Again,please Help / Prophecy: Churches Will Be Turned To Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.