Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? (24334 Views)

Got A New Job January 3rd After So Many Months Of Searching In 2017 / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] / My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by asiwaju87(m): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
In nigeria today, the only thinga an employer want to see is ur class of degree bro.

1 Like

Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by DISTINGUISHED(m): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
No it won't
But you have
to be positive minded and confident
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
totalhouse:

Gaborone! Hmm, you don't give a shit... Lol.
Just giving it to them today... Insulting them politely for their ignorance..
Trust your judgment sis.

Lol. Don't mind these people Sir.

Since they've planned I'll not rest today, we'll all disturb ourselves till we're tired.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mexyz:
It will not brother unless you want to enter uniben as a student again.... That school go frustrate your life if you have issue like this in any of your documents as a jambito...

I also have a similar problem, just gained admission but we have not resumed. but my problem is that on my waec the names are

first name = JOHN
other name = Obi
surname = Mikel ( not real name)

but on my Jamb n post Jamb it is

john-DANIEL
obi
Mikel

the daniel was added to it cos right from time my first name have been shortened due to its length but this will be first time its will appear on any of
my documents.

pls I hope it wont affect me? ?
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by HDee(m): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adeoba10:
At all.... Only if u added Mourinho....
lol grin
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Jarus(m): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
[quote author=soleexx post=41461790][/quote]

I said I have never been questioned once.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Honchuks(m): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
A certain man of the tribe of arewa went to school as muhammed but worked as muhammadu. Did that affect him?

1 Like

Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Honchuks(m): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
A certain man of the tribe of arewa went to school as muhammed but works as muhammadu. Did that affect him?
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by free2ryhme: 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
Gaborone:

It takes sense to recognise sense. As such, you'll never recognise sense, not even if it hits you in the face. I bet you're still asking why.

May everytime u put your underwear on, have to be told by your mate to put them on properly
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
free2ryhme:

May everytime u put your underwear on, have to be told by your mate to put them on properly

Plz plz plz, those puerile and risqué talk don't get to me.

Say something less vacant, and then we can talk.

Underwear ko, underwear ni.

#Only God knows what he's trying to say. He can't even express himself properly.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by don4real18(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
Look for a way to create jobs instead of looking for a job. Nigerian youths should get creative
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by terabyte2015(m): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adeoba10:

Lolss
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Mexyz(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
zleemshaddy:

I also have a similar problem, just gained admission but we have not resumed. but my problem is that on my waec the names are

first name = JOHN
other name = Obi
surname = Mikel ( not real name)

but on my Jamb n post Jamb it is

john-DANIEL
obi
Mikel

the daniel was added to it cos right from time my first name have been shortened due to its length but this will be first time its will appear on any of
my documents.

pls I hope it wont affect me? ?

Which school exactly cause I can only speak for uniben..
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mexyz:
FUTO
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by raph101(m): 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Not at all.. Only if d witches of ur village are not on ur case
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by raph101(m): 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adeoba10:

Badt guy
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by ladenz(m): 12:05am On Dec 30, 2015
It will affect you .....if the employer is a demented psychotic.

It might sound like a joke but there are people out there that like to use position and power to frustrate people subject to them
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by GodnGold: 12:26am On Dec 30, 2015
It will.
In cases that are very crucial.
If you need to travel out,you will have issues.
Go to WAEC and make sure "Abubakar" gets
into your result.
And some employers toomay claim you are different individuals.
Thank me later.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by free2ryhme: 12:45am On Dec 30, 2015
Gaborone:

Plz plz plz, those puerile and risqué talk don't get to me.

Say something less vacant, and then we can talk.

Underwear ko, underwear ni.

#Only God knows what he's trying to say. He can't even express himself properly.

just keep your thoughts within yourself. There is no need advertising your stupidity for the world to see.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Hautside(m): 1:41am On Dec 30, 2015
Where is the job sef?
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Hautside(m): 1:42am On Dec 30, 2015
No. Your name! When you have God and a very strong link, you class of degree is irrelevant!!!

asiwaju87:
In nigeria today, the only thinga an employer want to see is ur class of degree bro.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by DEGREE2466(m): 2:05am On Dec 30, 2015
Funom001:
In My waec Certificate the name written on it is Musa Mohammed.

but during my jamb Reg I added my middle name to it making it to be Musa Abubakar Mohammed

And I know my degree certificate will read Musa Abubakar Mohammed. Will this affect me when searching for Jobs

It will be a sin on my part if I refused to comment on this thread.

Bros, the only advice I have for you is that you should not for any reason apply to study in Uniben or else be ready to forfeit the admission if you are eventually admitted.

Talking from experience
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by DEGREE2466(m): 2:14am On Dec 30, 2015
Mexyz:

I think you are mincing words here.

Just tell them that their admission will be terminated no matter how many weeks or months it takes.

I have a coursemate that entered through direct entry, she was using waec and neco.

In her waec she has obiageli Josephine A. But in her neco she has obiageli Josephine Abigail.

You will not believe that that girls admission was terminated almost at the end of second semester 200level after she has paid school fees for two semesters
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by TobbyDave: 3:11am On Dec 30, 2015
sorry bro, it affects.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Tomoarika(m): 6:32am On Dec 30, 2015
OP should get a sworn affidavit. You would be doing yourself a favour. It's not expensive, just go to nearest Court or even Local Govt Secretariat. I have seen people rejected for it numerous times.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by dawoyo(m): 6:52am On Dec 30, 2015
Funom001:

but during my jamb Reg I added my middle name to it making it to be Musa Abubakar Mohammed

And I know my degree certificate will read Musa Abubakar Mohammed. Will this affect me when searching for Jobs
Don't bother yourself unnecessarily, it will have no effect jare.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Kam0007: 7:20am On Dec 30, 2015
JUST DO A CHANGE OF NAME AND ALWAYS ATTACH THIS COURT DOCUMENT WITH YOUR DEGREE RESULT/CERTIFICATE AND WAEC CERTIFICATE WHEN APPLYING OR GOING FOR DOCUMENTATION. EASY DOES IT - AND DON'T THANK ME.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2015
Adeoba10:

looool.....ur head dey fuckasibe

1 Like

Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Fuadeiza(m): 7:48am On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by nikz(f): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2015
No.
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by IkUKU01(m): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2015
Adeoba10:
hahahaahahahaha
Re: Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 30, 2015
Funom001:

It wont as long as ur photo on the cert looks like u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

KPMG Aptitude Test 2014/2015 Past Questions / Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? / Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc Fresh Job Recruitment - 6th October, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.