Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. (1558 Views)

Do You Still Remember Your First Love / Why Ladies Never Admit To Watching PO.RN / Ladies Never Marry Men With These 3 Issues!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by prinzfavian(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
I'm sure You all know what I mean when I say 'First Love'. Well for those that doesn't know, I am talking about that special person of the opposite sex whom You first fell in Love with, who mean't everything to you, whom u couldn't bear to hurt for any reason, who makes cold-chills run down ur spine each time u hear his/her voice. Many mistakenly think that having a crush on someone and falling in love with someone are the same thing but the truth is they are not!sad
A crush has more to do with infatuation than Love, U loose balance each time u see ur crush smile, U feel shy wen ure around him/her, this person is perfect to u. All this are attributes of infatuation and not Love!
Looks like am off topic already. . .
Ok, let Me get back on track. . .
Among many, here are possible 3 reasons why many never end up with that first love of their life. . .

IMMATURITY

so many fell in love at a very young age, at an age they can't even differentiate between infatuation and love. This is were many confuse a crush with real love. Most of the relationships that happens between young people are all centred around infatuation
and for those that truly fell in love with each other, immaturity is one popular factor that affects them. Thats when he gets Jealous unnecessarily, she gets angry at every slight thing, He makes an issue if he calls her and her line is busy, she cries if he doesnt call her to say goodnight. Along the line, when they eventually get matured they find out how childish they have been and thats when they realise they don't deserve each other.

LIFE SUPRISES

I met mine while I was 18 years old, back then i never knew life was never gona be the way it was then. I made to her a lot of promises i never fufilled. I felt life was always going to be as sweet as the begining of our love was. I got into the uni and everything changed. Someone i couldnt do without gradually became someone that i was no longer comfortable with. Someone dat meant d whole world to me wasnt even as big as my bed space wen life started springing up its suprises. What suprises?
I thought we were just made for each other, never knew there was nothing lik that. It only takes two imperfect people to create a close to perfect relationship, i thought she was the only beautiful girl out there, Nah! I came accross many in the university. Keeping to my words became difficult, this wasn't cos i wanted to disappoint her, but i never thought there was anything that would make me do so. Well it was same on her part, she started moving with friends who never knew when our love story started. Some had influence on her and also my exposure to life in d uni also had influence on me too. So no one is to blame, we just weren't aware that life will always be full of suprises.
Mtchww dis life ehn! Its funny.sad

IMPERFECTION

when we newly fall in love, we see no defect in our lover, they seem so perfect to us. Then as time goes on, d imperfection of d person starts showing up and since its something u didnt see initially, doubts starts setting in if u can actually cope with them depending on aw much they are.
In my case, my first love was very pretty, gorgeous and slender. She was always very quiet when we were together, her smile was so captivating. Sometimes back then, i do think there was nothing else missing in this lady, until . . .i saw d way she treated her family members, she do tell me aw much she loves her mum, but from what i saw that very day i started doubting if that woman was her biological mum. She was rude to her in a way any responsible child would never have. Some months later i found out she is a type that would never say sorry even for something she is guilty of. These were some of her characters that didnt surface at d beginning of the relationship which made her seem perfect to me and made me want to spend the rest of my life with her. But i was wrong.
Someone ure in love with, at a point will start showing some atitudes that are contrary to those that attracted u to him/her and made u think he/she was perfect for you. Its all due to their Imperfection nothing more, no one is perfect only God is.

Feel Free to add Yours

prinzfavian.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by coolzeal(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
Everybody want to explore at some point in life, i suppose.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by yorex2011: 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
Very good article
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
You're damn right bout the immaturity part!wink

I was barely 3 when I met my first Love....cry Nigga was cute, Kind and very Romantic! He sacrificed His pencil for me When I had none..

Still can't recall his name tho....cry

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by JehanEddy07(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
Estharfabian:

I was barely 3 when I met my first Love....cry Nigga was cute, Kind and very Romantic! He sacrificed His pencil for me When I had none..

Pencil Love cheesy..
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by augster(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Life surprises tho...happened with my first love...she got into the uni before me
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Khd95(m): 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
Estharfabian:
kaaabiessi ooosad

i dy cut cap for u oo
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by cruzita(f): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
no experience
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Tallesty1(m): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Age nko? A broke 18-22yrs old student who's dating that's a 17-20yrs old girl has little chance of marrying her
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Khd95(m): 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
As usual i came to read commentsgrin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
JehanEddy07:
Pencil Love cheesy..
crygrin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Khd95:
kaaabiessi ooosad

i dy cut cap for u oo
gringrin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by harlos: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
People sometimes without experiencing what others felt they wont appreciate what thay have.

They still wont appreciate it the moment they lose it but wait till they start experiencing what we call LIFE.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by chalondk(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sir, you said she was your FIRST LOVE and then described her as your CRUSH....? Or did i get it wrong

Personally, i am still trying to understand what love is - so no experience from me.. as far as crushes go, i don full 2 bags - bin a while i had a crush tho' .. guess im too old to think anyones perfect and all thatthat cool grin embarassed tongue
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
Estharfabian:

Lol. U need to be tucked safely in bed!
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Thus was the major reason I avoided dating in sec school. I felt sth just wasn't right and that it would all be one silly venture.

And when I finally found my first love, I was still a bit young, but at least not naive and immature in the things that matter . Keeping my fingers crossed, though.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ever since I left the City....
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by prinzfavian(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
chalondk:
Sir, you said she was your FIRST LOVE and then described her as your CRUSH....? Or did i get it wrong

Personally, i am still trying to understand what love is - so no experience from me.. as far as crushes go, i don full 2 bags - bin a while i had a crush tho' .. guess im too old to think anyones perfect and all thatthat cool grin embarassed tongue

smiley sir, i never described her as my crush, she was my first love, d first woman to unlock the sweet part of my heart. I was only trying to explain that having crush on someone is not the same as falling in love with someone.
Now let me explain what love is:-

1* An Unselfish Caring Abt D interests of d other-LOVE
1* Selfish,restrictive. One tink 'what does dis do 4me?-INFATUATION

2* LOVE-Romance often starts slowly,Perhaps takin mnths or years.
2* INFATUATION- Romance Starts fast Perhaps takin hours or days.

3* LOVE- Ure atracted by d person's total personality n Spiritual qualities.
3* INFATUATION- Ure deeply impressed or interested in d there's physical appearance.('he has such a dreamy eyes,'she's got a gr8 figure')

4* INFATUATION- A destructive disorganizing effect.
4* LOVE-d effect on u is dat it makes u a better person.

5* LOVE- U View d oda realistically,seeing his or her faults,yet loving dat one anyway.
5* INFATUATION- Is unrealistic. D oda person seems perfect. U ignore any nagging doubts abt serious personalty flaws.

6* LOVE- U Have Disagreements,bt u find dat u can tuk them out n settle dem.
6* INFATUATION- arguments r frequent.nothing really gets settled.many r settled wt a kiss.

7* INFATUATION- d emphasis is on taking or getting,especially in satisfying sexual urges.
7* LOVE- U wnt 2give n share wt d other person.

*When its LOVE u dnt try to hide who ure.

*INFATUATION is blind and likes to stay dat way.it doesn't lik 2luk @d reality.

*If uve to change ur personalty wen ure around d person ure attracted to,that's INFATUATION

*Somethings may annoy u abt d person.bt if its LOVE,u still wnt to b wt d person n work tru d problem.

*wit INFATUATION d only things u let urself consider are d things u hav in common.

*INFATUATION is a selfish form of getting wat u wnt,perhaps jst to say uve a boyfriend /girlfriend.

*LOVE recognizes d faults n quirks n yet can still live with those things.

*wen its INFATUATION u can't define why u feel attracted- u just are.

*wen its LOVE ,U dnt notice other members of d opposite sex d way u used to,because u feel a sense of loyalty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Lol. U need to be tucked safely in bed!
Lmfao!grin

You don't mean that....cry do You?lipsrsealedshocked
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
Estharfabian:
Lmfao!grin

You don't mean that....cry do You?lipsrsealedshocked
I do o. I really feel u need rest. Lol
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by prinzfavian(m): 11:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ever since I left the City....
What happened?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by prinzfavian(m): 11:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
Khd95:
As usual i came to read commentsgrin
Hope you've stopped the habit, about three years has passed o...
We all need encouragement from each other from time to time, so your comment will always be appreciated may be not this thread but on any other one that you feel will add value to you.. Thanks.
Prinzfavian
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by prinzfavian(m): 11:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
yorex2011:
Very good article
Thanks, sorry it's Coming late... Just letting you know that, 3years down the line I still appreciate your comment.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by prinzfavian(m): 11:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
Estharfabian:

Wow.... Hope you're married now?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by Skynet23(m): 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thumb up
Re: 3 Reasons Why Some Guys & Ladies Never End Up With Their First Love. by prinzfavian(m): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2018
Skynet23:
Thumb up
Thanks Bro

(1) (Reply)

Shocking- See What She Did To Celeb (PIC) / Can You Develop Feelings For Someone You've Never Met? / Things I Have Learnt So Far Datn Naija Gals ( a clarion call)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.