Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

|**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| (1337 Views)

***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** / |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Quarter-Final Fixtures|**| / |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

|**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Guykhena(m): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Season greetings to y'all. After the long journey up the mountain ,we are finally at the top,the finals of the 2015 edition of the NL-King-Of-Poets tourney.
16 fearless netcees took to the center stage,but just 2 of the bravest of them all made it to the finals.
The Indestructible Llaykorn & The Unstoppable Jason21

Interesting Factoid : Both Finalists actually participated in the first edition of The NL-King-Poets Tourney (ironically,both didn't make it pass the first round).

•Llaykorn came in as a replacement,after Ksslib dropped out in the first edition.
He gave it all he got but was subsequently defeated in his fixture against Testerfuze,what he dropped(though beautiful) wasn't exactly what the Judges wanted,you could blame it on inexperience as he just came in newly,not familiar with the system of the Rap Battles section.

https://www.nairaland.com/2035093/king-poet-group-laykorn-vs#28705944

But that didn't deter him,the Judges gave him some advise,he took it all in(even making the statement marked with a promise to Emaprince "I Will Grow" ,and Ema would agree with me that damn did he honour it).

It seems that really paid off,as in this 2nd edition of the NL-King-Of-Poets tourney he came back blazing in his own uniqueness,impressing the Judges with his amazing writtens which is in a perfect harmony b/w Hip-hop & Poetry,tackling the topics in a grand style.
Llaykorn is back with only one goal in mind,to get the crown.
If you missed it,don't worry we got you covered(just a click away), llaykorn's journey so far

llaykorn Vs Henzekido-Topic:The Hip Hop Player (1st round)

llaykorn Vs MuhdG-Topic:The Nigerian God (Quarter Finals)

Giyazz Vs llaykorn-Topic-My City (Semi-Finals)

•Jason21 was amazing at the first edition(with his previous moniker "Fuckyouhard" ),and he was looked upon as a fan favorite of making it all the way.
It actually seemed that way until he pulled a silly stunt by going against a major rule of the KOP tourney "No Dissing" ,but he went pass that ,and used his verse as a medium to diss the judges,and basically everyone he had a beef with at that point,in his fixture against RapAcme .
As a result he lost his chance.
But all that is behind him,right now he's back, poised on claiming the crown he was outlandishly denied.
This time nothing aint stopping him,how can? When he basically outperformed his opponents on the road of demolition to the finals with his briliant and advance form of lyricism,be it in rhyming,use of metaphors/puns e.t.c,with acute precision.
In case you missed it, we got you covered. Jason21 Journey to the finals

Jason21 Vs St3v3nr3x-Topic:Hip Hop is dead (1st round)

Jason21 Vs Obesemf-Topic:The Event That Shaped me (Quarter-Finals)

Jigsawkillah Vs Jason21-Topic:Gangstar's Paradise (semi-Finals)

•Special thanks to the 16 Textcees who participated in this 2nd edition of the NL-King-Of-Poets tourney,and for being such a great sport.

•Special thanks also to the Judges who found time in giving verds to the fixtures thus far . Kr0ne,
Funlord,
Sinizia,
Reyginus,
Alexpissu,
Adanna28,
Emaprince
and my humble self Guykhena.

•Also to the followers/viewers,we love you all..

N.B:This Tourney was hosted by yours truly Guykhena and My Brother in crime(erm,ok poor choice of words,but still smiley .) The Great Kr0ne .

Enough stalling,let's get on with it..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Guykhena(m): 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
[size=15pt]Llaykorn Vs Jason21[/size]

Topic: Childhood Superstitions.

Both finalists are required to talk about the various superstitions they encountered whilst growing up, the positive or negative impact it had on them and if possible, still has on them till this day. The fears it brought to them, the good things they lost while clinging onto them, and most importantly, the major roles they think they play in shaping the lives of the average Nigerian toddler.
Courtesy of Sinizia...

Criteria
Creativity - 2 points

Entertainment - 2 points

Rhymes - 2 points

Flow - 1 point

Consistency on Topic - 3 points

Vocabulary - 2 points

Metaphor/simile- 2 Points

Emotion - 2 points

Imagery - 2 points

Your verses MUST be in line with the topic.

*The maximum number of lines for each verse should be 30Lines .

*Deadline is 7pm, 4th Jan 2016

*Verses should be posted by both battlers on or not later than the deadline date.

*No biting, swaying, stretching, feeding or recycling.

*No complaining about votes.

*A no show attracts a ban.

*No unnecessary comments.

*No arguments with established vets OR voters.

*Only Judges and Vets are allowed to vote.

Goodluck...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Ewizard(m): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ok! Thread closed.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by llaykorn: 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Checking... angry
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by funlord(m): 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
?

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Qaisar1: 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
Llaykorn:

Nostalgic day - reminiscing on that kind of love Mum had

Streams of stories spurting through; some happy some sad

But man, one I won't ever forget took place one March

I had just met Sarah and I was sneaking out to see her

Kept lying to Mummy that I was out going to see Carl

"You won't be going out tonight" I heard Mum angrily say

Freaked out; thought she had known of my silly ways

Then she said "I saw you hit your leg on that stone just now"

That means you're gonna get hit

Or fall into a deep pit and you won't be able to come out

I believed her to never see Sarah again after that day

Drowned in depression but I had to heal the hard way

The people that we love most aren't ever gonna be there

RIP, kid bro, Paradise be your abode; never see Hell

I remember us playing round the house on the weekends

A day that I chased you with a broom down the passage

And Mummy saw from her window; I saw Mama's rage

She howled at me angrily and that caused all that hate

I showed towards you - I was stupid and senseless

If ever the hands of time could be drawn back Everest

To those times we had pure hearts chasing helpless

Butterflies in the garden and Mom wouldn't let us whistle

Cos she thought whistling would attract spells of evil

And when we had itchy hands Mummy was ever gleeful

How ate in the dark happily searching where the meat was

Till Mum noticed and scolded cos ghosts could meet us

And do us some harm- aint it funny how time flies away?

Lord! Be my guide, I'm talking to the dead again...
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Jason21(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
the day twinkles the sky, in the blink of an eye
the future looks bright for the people alive
you could be despised for the things that you like
but what you think or believe gives you the meanin of life

from birth…i’ve been cooped inside/ memories of childhood loops my eyes/
we could have been a happy group of five/ but family eerie practices pollute the hive/
i was raised among folks plagued with professed malevolence/
superstitious beliefs and demented sentiments/ where men are never hesitant…..
to read the scriptures and still teach their kids to detest the testaments/ ……God bless their negligence!/
see, my dad loved repairin things and buildin bricks/ but my childhood he never chose to fix/ except by usin sticks/
he had me housed and groomed till six/ but his best gifts.… uduma's talisman and a crucifix/
he made me perch on two sides/ in the search for the light/
with each of my legs in the church and the shrine/
so i became a Christian with the mark of a pagan/ he switched my name from john to Jason/
told me white birds sing to God, the black ones to satan/ that's why when death came and mom was taken/
i spent many years killin and huntin ravens/
more nightmarish than halloweens/ are his tales of evil forests where shadows creep/
...of monsters that howled and shrieked from dried up callous creeks/
and the trolls that would swallow me if i ever flirt with caroline/
"reflection in the night makes evil fall"/ he yells,
no pacin the halls or makin of calls/ so before eight on the dot/
i’d have even my mirror facin the wall/
"son, i’ll never want your failure/ but while you kneel to God for prayer/
don’t forsake the laws of Mother Nature/ if you wish to enjoy the works of your labour"/

the true tyrants are beside us like titans to poseidon/
and the real riots leave the mind fukked/ unable to design a fight or fuss/
but truly.... i wish to be one load of talents/ so i acquire gold enchantments.../
omens of amulets for soul to manage/...... everythin i gather, whether sold or handed/
i place on my table a bible and human skull/ as i try to maintain the piety of jude and paul/
cos i'm scared of incitin uduma’s wrath or bearin the crisis of judas’ call/
i seek the freedom of a lesser slave/ but can't tell if it's mess i create/
adorin a carved image while feedin from celestial plates/
but i sure know that my fate lies between hell and heavens gate....

the day twinkles the sky, in the blink of an eye
the future looks bright for the people alive
you could be despised for the things that you like
but what you think or believe gives you the meanin of life

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3260797_bibleandhumanskull_jpegb3ee3ed69181d9e65b7fd016ae14dc41

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Guykhena(m): 10:50am On Jan 06, 2016
Thanks Airmark.

Open For Votes...
Judges:
Kr0ne

Sinizia

Alexpissu

Funlord

Adanna28

Reyginus

Emaprince

Guykhena
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by funlord(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2016
cool

Good final showing from both chaps! Its also been a great tournament overall in my opinion and I hope to see this level of class, maturity, concepts and rhymes maintained in this section in 2016!

No need for any sort of extensive critique about these 2 guys final poems because they were both solid and they are both certified 'hip hop poets' already and understand the 'p game' in and out! Alas their must always emerge a victor @ every theatre of war so kudos to whoever comes 2nd!

MVGT; JASON21!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Emaprince: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2016
The only superstitions that i can spot from both verses are:

Butterflies in the garden and Mom wouldn't let us whistle

Cos she thought whistling would attract spells of evil

I can relate with this.

"reflection in the night makes evil fall"/ he yells,
no pacin the halls or makin of calls/ so before eight on the dot/
i’d have even my mirror facin the wall/

Though i cant relate with this, but its good.

There are several other childhood superstions which y'all coulda delved into. Eg, putting a lil broom stick on one's jaw, move your face around in the direction of all the peeps present to find out who stole a particular thing. Whoever the stick falls in his turn will be held responsible.

All in all.. Nice work!!

My verd...

Creativity - 2 points - jason21

Entertainment - 2 points - jason21

Rhymes - 2 points - jason21

Flow - 1 point - llaykorn

Consistency on Topic - 3 points - Tie

Vocabulary - 2 points - jason21

Metaphor/simile- 2 Points - Jason21

Emotion - 2 points - llaykorn

Imagery - 2 points - Jason21

MVGT - Jason21!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
Guykhena:
Thanks Airmark.
Open For Votes... Judges: Kr0ne
Sinizia
Alexpissu
Funlord
Adanna28
Reyginus
Emaprince
Guykhena .
Seen. Will drop verd before eight.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by sinizia: 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Creativity - 2 points - Tie

Entertainment - 2 points - Tie

Rhymes - 2 points - jason21

Flow - 1 point - llaykorn

Consistency on Topic - 3 points - Tie

Vocabulary - 2 points - Tie

Metaphor/simile- 2 Points - Jason21

Emotion - 2 points - llaykorn

Imagery - 2 points - Jason21

MVGT - Jason21!!!
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
I don't really know why Llaykorn choose the style he used. If I have to wait for about ten bars to get a point then every of the bars leading to the final bar should be composed of gun powder. The idea was solid but the way it was delivered made it fluid.

Jason, though took long too to deliver that point we are looking for, his lines not only keeps you interested but also paint pictures of a setting marked by the final bars. I also enjoyed his Philosophical opener and closer. I never believed he will do better. Maybe the edge he got was from posting his verse late after displaying yours for hours.

Jason Wins.

1 Like

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Guykhena(m): 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
The Judges have said it all,may I just add my bit.

I think what really made Jason stand out was the way he tackled the topic to the fullest,he did something laykorn failed to do,he showed the "Impact" it had on him,utilizing it to bring the reader to a compelling state.
The below from Jason is a perfect summary of this part of the topic "The positive or negative impact it had on them and if possible, still has on them till this day. The fears it brought to them, the good things they lost while clinging onto them,"

[my dad]told me white birds sing to God, the black ones to satan/ that's why when death came and mom was taken/
i spent many years killin and huntin ravens/

Perfectly well executed,Jason made us visualize the impact it had on him....
The only criticism I have is both Netcees not using bunch of known Superstitions in their respective verses,it was more like a tidbit of it was touched. Which is sad considering Sinizia basically gave a long list of superstitions for both netcees to work with.

Anyhoo,base on preference and the fact that Jason owned majority of the criteria.

MVGT-Jason21

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Guykhena(m): 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
Voting Closed.....

I am pleased to give y'all the Crowned [size=15pt]NL_King_Of_Poets[/size] of the Rap Battles Section(2015), [size=15pt]JASON21

CONGRATULATIONS......[/size] .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
Congrats Jason.
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by Jason21(m): 11:59am On Jan 08, 2016
thanks to everyone who contributed to make this very tourney a successful one....it's not easy to start a project and follow it up to the end. i'm very grateful
adanna28
krone
guykhena
funlord
sinizia
emaprince
alexpissu
airmark

@llaykorn.....i read your verse and i must say you're a very good poet. nice battlin with you....and we can always always have a topical battle...just c/o me when you're ready. cheers....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| by llaykorn: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
Jason21:
thanks to everyone who contributed to make this very tourney a successful one....it's not easy to start a project and follow it up to the end. i'm very grateful

@llaykorn.....i read your verse and i must say you're a very good poet. nice battlin with you....and we can always always have a topical battle...just c/o me when you're ready. cheers....

Ccongrulations, Jason. You were a better poet. I'd really love to have a topical with you as soon as I'm free enough. Enjooy, bro! smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

+++ Lord Of The Rings Tourney 2015 Cypher : Ft Dj5naira, Obesemf And Mikuz +++ / ***** Regular battle : Supermiy Vs Mikuz ***** / * + * Newbies Tourney : Liricyst Vs Heywhizzy ( First Round ) * + *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.