Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 (48743 Views)

How Do We Stop The Spread Of "Davido Syndrome" Among Our Ladies? / Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Guys From Getting Married In 2015 *CT / Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Guys From Getting Married In 2015 *CT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by missyadorable(f): 9:42am On Dec 30, 2015
ladyabadi:
#8. He is too poor my family will laugh at me especially my friends who are married to very rich guys. I have met ladies who are concerned about how their family will view a guy they feel is not classy enough. #9. He does not display his emotion or feeling to me in the public. I once had a colleague in my office who was so worried that her guy was not displaying his love to her publicly.#10. He is not a graduate so he does not have a future. Sometimes these guys even have skills that are worth millions if given a little time and patience.

8 and 10 are reasonable reasons.

Why marry a man that will make people laugh @ you?what is she showing off?

If a lady is a graduate,there is absolutely nothing wrong in desiring to marry a graduate.infact,that is what is expected of her.

And you are a lady...smh
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 30, 2015
AyamConfidence:
lol i happen to be a very good bad guy
I hear grin
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2015
missyadorable:

No reasonable man does that except he has mental problem and wallowing in poverty.

Don't be so sure my dear. I've seen enough. They too feel incomplete so how. The rich also cry

2 Likes

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by steph2sweet(f): 9:59am On Dec 30, 2015
That number 1 is very serious
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by AyamConfidence(m): 10:04am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:
I hear grin
i really enjoyed this thread...neea a mentor in thread creation...any help?
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by missyadorable(f): 10:07am On Dec 30, 2015
holahmihdeh:

Don't be so sure my dear. I've seen enough. They too feel incomplete so how. The rich also cry

That's sickening! What are they feeling incomplete for?
What does a man need marriage for?He can bleep as many ladies as his money and packaging can afford,he can have kids,good food,companionship without marriage.
He also has respect without marriage,so next time you see such man,take him to a psychiatry hospital
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2015
AyamConfidence:
i really enjoyed this thread...neea a mentor in thread creation...any help?

Lol...I can help tho. I don't normally PM guys, nor accept but you can PM me. wink
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Agalasis(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:
7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015

As the curtains of 2015 is coming to a majestic close, I want to congratulate those NL ladies who got wedded. Those who didn't, it doesn't matter. 2016 is around the corner, waiting to land you into your "valid" relationships or husband's houses. Amen!

However, there could have been some things you did or didn't do, as such, yours was delayed.

Every time, singles who wants to get married are asked to come out, I see a lot of girls- young and old. So, they are many and that makes this thread relevant to ALL except the babies among us tongue

NOTE: I'm speaking from one angle. You can address the other. Thanks.

What are some hindrances that could have delayed the marriages of some of our qualified Ladies:

1. Traditional Embargo:

It beats my imagination how some folks still hold firmly to this; if he's not from my place, I dare not marry him. While, it's good to heed to parent's advice, its you who will stay single till 30, not them. Please, pray and watch. Be wise.

2. "Confused" Expectations In The Kind of guy she wants.

I need a faithful guy, handsome, tall, godly, macho, good with kids, he might drink socially,good cook...if you notice; what relationship has being GODLY and DRINKING alcohol share? My advice is, write what you really really need in him. A goal not written is a wish. Wishes aren't horses anymore...while writing, remember: If you want an 100% man, get clay and mould him yourself. Wanting a man that can cook just because you can't, is denying one of the core essence that makes you a mother, wife and a woman. Learn how to cook, better. Let him just be assisting. My advice.

3. Unrealistic Financial Expectations

If he's not earning above 100k, I'm not interested. Heard that before? That's even the least. This days, just get an ok car and they're all over you. Who wan marry poor man? I get. Dangote once slept under a truck for months. If ladies truly have "eyes" to see which guy will be successful or not; while under the truck, politician's daughters would have been coming to say "Hi" to his rickety former self.
Moral Lesson: Still, follow a man for his vision. Not just for his BIG television.

4. War between her and in-laws

If he truly loves me, he'll put me above his siblings. Some girls have not yet become part and parcel of the family and their character is already exposing them. Call it wisdom, not hypocrisy. In- laws deserve respect, why? They are humans like you. I'm not speaking for myself though. Place yourself in their shoes. A girl wants to marry your brother and she's acting all "rude" and "sensitive". You won't tell him, go ahead. Will you? Unless you're like her tho...

5. Immaturity in handling little matters

He forgot my birthday, he's not worth being my "ideal" boo. I broke up with him. Did you just say that? Its absolutely wrong to forget your girl's birthday but is that the only way of solving that ish? Is there no better way? I've had to call someone to call me and wish me a Happy Birthday, with smiles on. It's no big deal. I learnt it. We all can do same. Be flexible and not immature. Most times, her actions isn't stemming from his forgetting to call her but from many other things. I understand. You can break up with him, if you confirmed he's been cheating. But, be sure. Let me not derail. Next point will explain that...

6. Pride/Ego/Unforgiveness/Unnecessary "Forming"

I'm not perfect but I know that unforgiveness pulls one back and separates two lovebirds. If he cheated on you for the first time and he reports himself that it was a mistake- haba, you shouldn't break up. One more chance. Pride and ego are the most reasons some are still lonely. Ordinary PM, you dey form, "I don't do PMs, and you are single" I think, if you're searching, be open a bit. That guy might be the next Dangote...oops! I just pressed a button there... Some girls form too much. You play hard to get to someone you like as though there is not enough serious business in marriage already: do sharp sharp joor. When he turns away now, you'll blame point 7.

7. Spiritual Attacks

One man saw the devil crying, he asked him, Badoo, why you crying? He replied, "Every little thing, they blame me for it. They even lie on my head."
Well, spiritual attacks are real though. But I believe, "the curse causeless doesn't come". Ladies don't pray too much in church UNTIL the pastor mentions, "every devil blindfolding his eyes from seeing any single lady here, die!" Then, you'll see her in action. Onetime, I saw one pretty babe who told me how she went one a very long fasting and praying sessions to get her man. They pray, but the only issue is some don't watch. #I'm in a friendly mood today# smiley

It's our prayer that God will locate every one of our single ladies in the house Next year, 2016. Amen!
emusmith:
7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015

As the curtains of 2015 is coming to a majestic close, I want to congratulate those NL ladies who got wedded. Those who didn't, it doesn't matter. 2016 is around the corner, waiting to land you into your "valid" relationships or husband's houses. Amen!

However, there could have been some things you did or didn't do, as such, yours was delayed.

Every time, singles who wants to get married are asked to come out, I see a lot of girls- young and old. So, they are many and that makes this thread relevant to ALL except the babies among us tongue

What are some hindrances that could have delayed the marriages of some of our qualified Ladies:

1. Traditional Embargo:

It beats my imagination how some folks still hold firmly to this; if he's not from my place, I dare not marry him. While, it's good to heed to parent's advice, its you who will stay single till 30, not them. Please, pray and watch. Be wise.

I need a faithful guy, handsome, tall, godly, macho, good with kids, he might drink socially,good cook...if you notice; what relationship has being GODLY and DRINKING alcohol share? My advice is, write what you really really need in him. A goal not written is a wish. Wishes aren't horses anymore...while writing, remember: If you want an 100% man, get clay and mould him yourself. Wanting a man that can cook just because you can't, is denying one of the core essence that makes you a mother, wife and a woman. Learn how to cook, better. Let him just be assisting. My advice.

If he's not earning above 100k, I'm not interested. Heard that before? That's even the least. This days, just get an ok car and they're all over you. Who wan marry poor man? I get. Dangote once slept under a truck for months. If ladies truly have "eyes" to see which guy will be successful or not; while under the truck, politician's daughters would have been coming to say "Hi" to his rickety former self.
Moral Lesson: Still, follow a man for his vision. Not just for his BIG television.

If he truly loves me, he'll put me above his siblings. Some girls have not yet become part and parcel of the family and their character is already exposing them. Call it wisdom, not hypocrisy. In- laws deserve respect, why? They are humans like you. I'm not speaking for myself though. Place yourself in their shoes. A girl wants to marry your brother and she's acting all "rude" and "sensitive". You won't tell him, go ahead. Will you? Unless you're like her tho...

He forgot my birthday, he's not worth being my "ideal" boo. I broke up with him. Did you just say that? Its absolutely wrong to forget your girl's birthday but is that the only way of solving that ish? Is there no better way? I've had to call someone to call me and wish me a Happy Birthday, with smiles on. It's no big deal. I learnt it. We all can do same. Be flexible and not immature. Most times, her actions isn't stemming from his forgetting to call her but from many other things. I understand. You can break up with him, if you confirmed he's been cheating. But, be sure. Let me not derail. Next point will explain that...

I'm not perfect but I know that unforgiveness pulls one back and separates two lovebirds. If he cheated on you for the first time and he reports himself that it was a mistake- haba, you shouldn't break up. One more chance. Pride and ego are the most reasons some are still lonely. Ordinary PM, you dey form, "I don't do PMs, and you are single" I think, if you're searching, be open a bit. That guy might be the next Dangote...oops! I just pressed a button there... Some girls form too much. You play hard to get to someone you like as though there is not enough serious business in marriage already: do sharp sharp joor. When he turns away now, you'll blame point 7.

7. Spiritual Attacks

One man saw the devil crying, he asked him, Badoo, why you crying? He replied, "Every little thing, they blame me for it. They even lie on my head."
Well, spiritual attacks are real though. But I believe, "the curse causeless doesn't come". Ladies don't pray too much in church UNTIL the pastor mentions, "every devil blindfolding his eyes from seeing any single lady here, die!" Then, you'll see her in action. Onetime, I saw one pretty babe who told me how she went one a very long fasting and praying sessions to get her man. They pray, but the only issue is some don't watch. #I'm in a friendly mood today# smiley

It's our prayer that God will locate every one of our single ladies in the house Next year, 2016. Amen!
emusmith:

1. Traditional Embargo:

7. Spiritual Attacks

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by lanicky(f): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:

A lady, Lanicky, took it upon herself to do it.

If she says No, I'll try to do it. cheesy

I know you're waiting seriously for it

Yes off course..

I wanna charge my battery first.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by menxer: 10:28am On Dec 30, 2015
missyadorable:

Lucky you!
I was told it's better to be married for one day than never being married at all
Am 4 days into marriage now.I deserve an award

Hahahahaha
You won and got an award 4 days ago, which other award do you want so soon?

The next one can't come sooner than 9 months hence... else you are suspect in the eyes of society. grin

So it's equally better to be pregnant and have a still born or miscarriage than not be pregnant at all?
It's the same thing.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by butanep(m): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2015
missyadorable:

Stay there! Marriage is for show off

People even show off ordinary fornicating relationships

What one right reason for a woman to get married in Africa if not for "societal respect sake"?

This your statement got me laughing hard...but it's the plan truth.

I have been following your comments. You actually have a point anyway.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by butanep(m): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2015
holahmihdeh:
Nice one OP. But what about men that also engage in marathon fasting and prayer just to get a wife and they are here forming "big guy" on naiaraland as if they neva entered church. Many of them are tired of loneliness yet pretending as if it doesn't matter to them. Gus/men too need to drop some attitudes if they want to be married. Many of them are dying in silent!

Are you serious? Men fasting & praying for a wife? My dear it hardly happen. Only a very poor man does that...

We don't pray to get women or wife. We pray to get the money & wealth because we know with that we can get any woman in the world.

Why will I waste my prayers to pray for long life and wealth for a women. Not in this world or in the next...

I repeat; if you got the money, you can marry any women on planet earth. So no need praying for a wife.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by butanep(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2015
missyadorable:

Thank you very much

Your profile says "m"..so you are not affected by societal expectations to get married

Nobody insults a man for being single

Nobody opens a thread to mock bachelors

If I were a man,i wouldn't bother about marriage! It wouldn't be important,nothing to gain!

Will rather be more concerned with making MONEY!

Like seriously...
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by AyamConfidence(m): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2015
I understand your fear...na endtime things so its allowed
emusmith:

Lol...I can help tho. I don't normally PM guys, nor accept but you can PM me. wink
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:

A lady, Lanicky, took it upon herself to do it.

If she says No, I'll try to do it. cheesy

I know you're waiting seriously for it
You saw right through me
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by torqque7(m): 10:54am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:

1. Traditional Embargo:

7. Spiritual Attacks

Nice one OP,But you forgot the Church denominations thing,I have heard and seen a lot of ladies reject men cos he isn't in the same church denomination as them especially Catholic girls, this really strikes me as FOOLISHNESS at its peak cos they are all still Christians..funny thing is till date these girls are still single,one particularly always complains of how guys just keep f*cking her and never taking her seriously.. Smh and shez almost 35now,I don tire to de advice her now na just look I de look her and tell her sorry when necessary
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by butanep(m): 10:54am On Dec 30, 2015
missyadorable:

No reasonable man does that except he has mental problem and wallowing in poverty.

You are very right...

Why will I pray to get a women? That's wasting of prayers. God will even know you aren't serious in life.

When I need to acquire & acquire more wealth... when I know when I make the wealth I can get any woman on planet earth even up to the marriage ones I like...

1 Like

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by butanep(m): 11:07am On Dec 30, 2015
missyadorable:

8 and 10 are reasonable reasons.

Why marry a man that will make people laugh @ you?what is she showing off?

If a lady is a graduate,there is absolutely nothing wrong in desiring to marry a graduate.infact,that is what is expected of her.

And you are a lady...smh

I don't agree with this your point one bit. Are you marrying people or marrying the man?

The fact the man wasn't buoyant when you get married to him doesn't mean he won't get rich in life. We should stop being myopic about marriage.

You just married your man baa? Did your man have everything? His he the richest in your state? Did you spent up to 10million in your wedding? I don't think so... to some people your wedding was a low class wedding, so did that affected you or your choice. The fact is that you have made your choice.

So the fact people will laugh @ you now shouldn't make you feel less. You are not marring people. You are a marriage woman but with little experience about marriage. Don't castigate people because their man is not financially buoyant. As far the man is working to make ends meet. He has a future.

Marriage is not all about competition but compatibility.

1 Like

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 30, 2015
torqque7:

Nice one OP,But you forgot the Church denominations thing,I have heard and seen a lot of ladies reject men cos he isn't in the same church denomination as them especially Catholic girls, this really strikes me as FOOLISHNESS at its peak cos they are all still Christians..funny thing is till date these girls are still single,one particularly always complains of how guys just keep f*cking her and never taking her seriously.. Smh and shez almost 35now,I don tire to de advice her now na just look I de look her and tell her sorry when necessary

Haha...lol...what's her problem gan?

If she be serious Christian/Catholic she go dey involve in premarital sex?

Kai! I hate to hear ignorant stuff like this
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 30, 2015
lanicky:

Yes off course..

I wanna charge my battery first.

Lol...I dey wait
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 30, 2015
QueenValerie:
You saw right through me
haha...okay. I'll try
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:
haha...okay. I'll try
Don't!...you might see what I had for breakfast.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by torqque7(m): 11:25am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:

Haha...lol...what's her problem gan?

If she be serious Christian/Catholic she go dey involve in premarital sex?

Kai! I hate to hear ignorant stuff like this

Hmm her issue ehnn...well u know females are very confused sorry to say,and they are hypocrites and pretenders so am not surprised at her actions,e be like say na the pretty girls the dumb pass,she always goes into relationships with guys she knows chances of marriage is almost 0..either married guys,or guys who are about to be married..sometimes I think she is intentionally sabotaging her own life..and its not just her o,I know quite a few of them like that but hers is the worst of all
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 30, 2015
butanep:

Are you serious? Men fasting & praying for a wife? My dear it hardly happen. Only a very poor man does that...

We don't pray to get women or wife. We pray to get the money & wealth because we know with that we can get any woman in the world.

Why will I waste my prayers to pray for long life and wealth for a women. Not in this world or in the next...

I repeat; if you got the money, you can marry any women on planet earth. So no need praying for a wife.

U had better start praying for one now cuz if u marry the wrong woman (a jezebel, fetish and demonic) all those wealth will amount to nothing. In fact she will destroy ur life and the wealth.No wealth compares to marry the right partner. We've seen men complaining bitterly about their wives here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2015
QueenValerie:
Don't!...you might see what I had for breakfast.

Lol. Ok. So, what did you have?
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 30, 2015
missyadorable:

That's sickening! What are they feeling incomplete for?
What does a man need marriage for?He can bleep as many ladies as his money and packaging can afford,he can have kids,good food,companionship without marriage.
He also has respect without marriage,so next time you see such man,take him to a psychiatry hospital

While not disputing that, so Bill Gates should be taken to Psychiatry hospital, cuz the last time I checked he is happily married and thatz the richest man in world or other rich men who are happily married also deserve a bed at the psychiatry hospital. Well I don't see myself respecting a Bachelor. I have neva done that and will neva do!
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:

Lol. Ok. So, what did you have?
Chicken stuffing

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
QueenValerie:
Chicken stuffing

Hmm, ajebo things grin

Nice one!
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by missyadorable(f): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
holahmihdeh:

While not disputing that, so Bill Gates should be taken to Psychiatry hospital, cuz the last time I checked he is happily married and thatz the richest man in world or other rich men who are happily married also deserve a bed at the psychiatry hospital. Well I don't see myself respecting a Bachelor. I have neva done that and will neva do!

Bill Gates is not an African man
Besides,i dont know how many churches and how long he prayed and fasted to get a wife

That's you!
The society respects bachelors 100% as long as he has money
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
missyadorable:

Bill Gates is not an African man
Besides,i dont know how many churches and how long he prayed and fasted to get a wife

That's you!
The society respects bachelors 100% as long as he has money

100%?? I doubt that. Not the same level of respect that will be accorded a married man take it or leave it. I rest my case
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
[b][/b]In my mind

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by professore(m): 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dangote made it because he continued with his hustle,he did not give up,this is one thing u most surely do if u want to make it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of A Bride Dragging Her Man On The Floor / Girl Begged Her Boyfriend Money And Got This Mean Response / You Catch Your Woman Cheating?, Don’t Fight That Man, Simply Do These 7 Things.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.