Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

"Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria (25456 Views)

NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services / What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by brainpulse: 8:36am On Dec 30, 2015
mrDennis:

U are a totally unpatriotic Nigerian.... and it's better for them to loose their jobs and suffer now so the country makes progress. than allow a foreign African country dictate to their host government!
nowhere in the world does a defaulter accept his fault... ask for fine reduction and then go to court lmao .

do u know how many south Africans will loose jobs if mtn is pushed out of Nigeria in fact the already wobbling south African ecnomy will feel the pinch much harder!

also south Africa can't retaliate sef because they have too many investments in Nigeria to risk anti-south Africa sentiments rsing up amongst Nigerians.

also Nigeria is a very viable telecoms market and under 5-6months 2 New telecoms firm will enter the naija market to replace mtn ...only in this case south African firms won't be let in out of spite to s.a.

@least that's how any logical government operates
Remember they are Biafraudians, they are not always happy when good things happens to Nigeria and other tribes. Products of baby factories

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by nigeriancuban: 8:37am On Dec 30, 2015
they must oo coz Nigeria needs that money seriously, even though half is embezzled by corrupt officials the remaining can still bring change....
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by campbell1000: 8:37am On Dec 30, 2015
The Experience the workers already poses.
mzilakazi:

You think it is that simple. What will make those companies not to hire completely new staff?
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by LivingDiamond(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2015
MTN hoodwinking Nigerians since 2002...#MtnMustPay

2 Likes

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by seyluv(f): 8:40am On Dec 30, 2015
Habaa.. .. no be small thing o, FG should have mercy on MTN o, d fine is too much, remember several trips obasanjo & d rest made round d world begging for foreign investors to come to Nigeria, here dey r, u want to frustrate dem out of business..
We accepted dey breached d policy of which dey av to be sanctioned but this is too much, ..
I tell u 10 Nigerian banks can not pay dis money and still be in biz
I'm appealing to FG to tender justice with mercy cos na we Nigerians go still suffer am..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by TalkingBird: 8:41am On Dec 30, 2015
DSTV did not obey a court order. Many institutions have been disobeying court orders.

So who will obey any court order in this case and who will disobey eventually.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 8:42am On Dec 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

You think it is that simple. What will make those companies not to hire completely new staff?

yea bro it's actually THAT simple... if u were glo , airtel etc won't u pick people who already know the system over learners?

truth is we underscore our value in this country... Nigeria is mtn biggest and most profitable market , mtn dare not call buharis bluff because their offices will be sealed ...

we are no longer in the pdp era ... where obj will sell bakassi to Cameroon or where south African govt will deport Nigerians over small issues and only verbal condemnation will be made.

*there's a new sheriff in town*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by sheyoroniyen(m): 8:43am On Dec 30, 2015
buhari to won get alert.if dey sha pay abeg mk d national cake reach here grin
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 8:46am On Dec 30, 2015
ki02020:
Will only take my goverment serious on this case when It has been confirmed that MTN has made payment.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Wolfbrother(m): 8:48am On Dec 30, 2015
I think this is wrong and could prove harmful to the economy MTN will have to try to make that money back if it does pay it and this could mean job losses , a payment plan should be worked out between mtn and the ncc , i just hope this move isnt driven by greed
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by AJaylee(m): 8:49am On Dec 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

because of experience
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by ab2014(m): 8:49am On Dec 30, 2015
deeswagger:
Infact immediately they pay up, they should slap another ban on them... Useless network

And for glo, na 3billion dollars fine una deserve... Just sap 850mb in 10minutes on my fone like say na una papa buy am for me
[center][/center]

grin
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by blezzy080: 8:49am On Dec 30, 2015
shocked very grateful for d update.. mak i hear say i recharge ma MTN line b4 d fine is cleared grin. Am sure u undastand wink
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by gurunlocker: 8:50am On Dec 30, 2015
they still mentioned GEJ name in this article? damn! I hate this government with passion

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Ahmeduana(m): 8:50am On Dec 30, 2015
TheophilusA:

http://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-insists-mtn-must-pay-n780b-fine-tomorrow/
THIS SOUNDS LIKE AN EMPTY THREAT FROM A DESPERATE GOVERNMENT THAT IS LOSING IT.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Raymonbell(m): 8:50am On Dec 30, 2015
If BP could pay USA $18.7 billion dollars without story over the golf of Mexico oil spill why should MTN make any story.
They should pay there fine or risk losing there licence.
Insult
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by igifiok(f): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2015
So it is because of this fine that MTN has been taking off 15 naira three times daily from my line abi ??
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2015
GenBuhari:
I hope it would be:

Pay of lose your licence to trade - simple.

I hope the FG handles these MTN people properly as an example to others doing unethical business practices.

if this is the buhari I know ... err1 should go get regittered Sims from other networks because on Jan 1. mtn offices will be sealed.

imagine fining 4 telecoms operators ! giving them 7 days to adhere , then. one company decides it's too big to comply I mean 0% compliance wow .

and some Nigerians here are supporting their actions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Fixryte(m): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2015
MTN MUST PAY TO THE LAST KOBO

THEY ARE VERY STEWPID !!!!!!
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Aystarz: 8:55am On Dec 30, 2015
HiddenShadow:

You think so

Touch MTN and see massive unemployment that will be blamed on Buhari

Don't worry , when you start working then will you understand.

I'd say touch MTN first, make them pay for not obeying the law, and let's see what happens from there.

As for the work jab, u sure can do better, boy.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by TeamSimple(m): 8:57am On Dec 30, 2015
boman2014:

"by their fruits we shall know them"

JUST BECOS MTN IS ASSISTING THEM IN THEIR BIAFRA MINISTRY

MTN MUST PAY!!!!
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Sobolev: 8:58am On Dec 30, 2015
tete7000:

If you currently work in mtn after fruitlessly searching for job for five years, I m sure your line of thinking will be different. My grouse is not with fining but with the outrageous fine. A sensible government ought to give a fine that can be easily paid and which non-payment can be enforced. The question you should ask is: 'Come Dec. 31st, what will govt do if mtn fail to pay?' Shut down mtn? It is easier said than done but we will wait and see.
Federal govt has carried lagos attitude of outrageous fine to the centre, maybe because a former LiRS boss is now at the centre. In Lagos lastma charges outrageous fines too. Many motorists who can't pay abandon their vehicles in the lastma yard. It was some of those vehicles ambode released freely when he came to power. Unfortunately while such fines can be got away with with individuals, it is more difficult when we talk about a corporate entity that employs thousands in a country with high level of employment.

“Please recall that four (4) Operators; MTN, Airtel, Globacom and Etisalat, were sanctioned in August for non compliance of the directive to deactivate the improperly registered SIM Cards. MTN got a fine of N102.2million, Globacom N7.4million, Etisalat N7million and Airtel N3.8million fine. Others complied while MTN flouted the fine.

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by elbaraj001(m): 8:58am On Dec 30, 2015
HiddenShadow:
MTN should not pay a dime.
If APC government closes their offices, Nigerians will lose their jobs forcing them to decamp to PDP
Unrealistic thought...
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by biltem: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2015
Nigerian need to understand that the country is not a baboon republic. No company can do what MTN is doing in south Africa. Why will other telecom pay and MTN will refuse to pay. What kind of audacity is that. Their action is a blackmail and insultive to us Nigerians.
FG should,just suspend the MTN licence if it refuse to pay and let us see what happen. We shall know who will loose. MTN subscribers should be advised to port to another telecom. Their action is a display of rascality and embarrassment to the nation.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 9:02am On Dec 30, 2015
Wolfbrother:
I think this is wrong and could prove harmful to the economy MTN will have to try to make that money back if it does pay it and this could mean job losses , a payment plan should be worked out between mtn and the ncc , i just hope this move isnt driven by greed

if mtn sacks people it would mean cutting their operating capacity thus making other networks grow due to people crossing over .
also if they sack 1000 . 400 will be absorbed by other firms while new hands will also be employed.

Nigeria is in an unassailable win-win situation here ... mtn and south Africa has a lot to loose . or haven't u noticed south Africa's govt isn't being confrontational over the fine? in fact mtn is getting heat in s.a too over this problem.

just watch dstv is next ... sebi na premiership em dey use catch thrips abi. 13k a month cos I wan watch match every weekend. . lol
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by back2sender: 9:05am On Dec 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

Look at your reasoning, tufiakwa.
The new staff are they not nigerians abi are they from planet mars.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by odutolu1(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2015
The fucking company ought to be slammed another charges for assisting conspiracy and treasonable offences in its part its taking in the Biafra issue. What no Nigerian company can attempt in their country. If MTN's license gets revoked and they pack out of the company, of a truth, many will lose their jobs, but the other networking companies will surely increase their base, and other networking investors will surely come in. There will be a slight decrement in the Nigerian unemployment issue. MTN has everything to lose, Nigeria has nothing to lose! Like they did to Nigerian companies in their country, revoke the Godforsaken company's license and say no to impunity!
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by dzeros(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2015
Good! DSTV is next, south Africans making som much from here and refusing to do it by the rules, can you try that In S.A?

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by praxisnetworks: 9:09am On Dec 30, 2015
mrDennis:

yea bro it's actually THAT simple... if u were glo , airtel etc won't u pick people who already know the system over learners?

truth is we underscore our value in this country... Nigeria is mtn biggest and most profitable market , mtn dare not call buharis bluff because their offices will be sealed ...

we are no longer in the pdp era ... where obj will sell bakassi to Cameroon or where south African govt will deport Nigerians over small issues and only verbal condemnation will be made.

*there's a new sheriff in town*
You insult the memory and works of late ambassador Ashiru....
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by dubemivan(m): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

I hope I need not educate you on how much MTN have sucked this nation through which they have develop and floated their many other branches in SA and many other nations yet they struggle to pay their operational fee and even adopt means to reduce their tax payment by posting lesser of what they make.
With all their High tariff and poor network, what is basis for defending this thieving MTN? When others have complied and paid their fine they remain adamant and now file a court case on top of the matter! It is only an insane person that will overlook all this fact and advocate for MTN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts / Huawei Y9 2019 Or Samsung Galaxy S8 As Xmas Gift, Which One Should I Choose? / How Do I Resest My Tecno H6 Privacy Protection Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.