Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

"Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria (25458 Views)

NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services / What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by rman: 10:28am On Dec 30, 2015
mrDennis:

LMAO. bros you are educated but totally bias and afraid of taking risks . you said we should not blame gej yet u indirectly blaming gej by pointing out the flaws in a policy he signed off on. also u are indicting obj n pdp. for 16 years of not putting up the structures you just mentioned
also let me add this ... THE national I.d card is a dull idea because it makes no practical sense yet he signed off on it.

NOW TO YOUR. FEARS ABOUT MTN LEAVING.
*You act like mtn is/was doing 9ja a favour when in fact it is the other way around. Nigeria opened u her telecoms sector and mtn had the honour of having first dibs which they capitalised on (SIM card he much? per minute how much?). before we allowed competition come in.

*You act like if mtn leaves we will be left with Only glo airtel n eti for life? guyyyy many telecoms coy are looking for ways to enter naija tel market. but it would be hard to get *sizable market share when 4 top telcos are already here. in fact if mtn goes another SA firm will try to enter & I hope they won't allowit

*Yes mtn pays taxes but a new replacement firm will equally pay those taxes , patrnise those businesses and employ Nigerians but will south Africa's govt still receive tax from MTNnigeria?

*You say mtn started disconnecting ... it's too late to cry when the HEAD is off ... other telcos complied to an appreciable level if not fully. & mtn. didn't comply @ all. 3 days after the deadline!

* You act like this fine will chase /scare away investors ... lies! in fact more businesses will love to enter a market where everyone plays by the same set of rules .

*we don't need companies investing in Nigeria because they can easily exploit its citizens and bypass regulations

* this fine is the first of its nature & sets a precedent... anything done now will serve as a basis for future refrence ... if mtn no pay , then why should ANY firm fined in the future pay?

Of course I am biased. My bias is for mtn. Even if they disconnected 3 days later...did they make 1trillion on those lines?

Per minute and sim card talk is rubbish. As at that time, it was still way cheaper than getting a land line and readily available. That's why it sold. Did u cry to Nokia for selling torchlight phone for 30k 12yrs ago ?

This is no the first time mtn is been fined, what u should be asking is why are they resisting this one? It is illogical!

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2015
praxisnetworks:

You insult the memory and works of late ambassador Ashiru....

RIp to the late ambassador. please enlighten about his 'works'. as a diplomat and how Nigerians have benefitted from those works =. thank you.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Originalsly: 10:44am On Dec 30, 2015
Hmmm....arrogant company... no respect for Nigeria's authority. What's the point of having laws on the books and can't enforce them? They must pay up or be shut down. Nigeria is a gold mine for telecommunication companies so many bigger and better international companies would be fighting to replace them ... and would be providing better and cheaper service.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Songitto(m): 10:44am On Dec 30, 2015
Good for them , MTN is a stingy network... they make a lot money from Nigeria subscribers, they do cheat their subscriber with their fake tariffs , so I don't pity them at all they must pay for this....., at least something is already coming back from 2016 budget grin
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by luvinhubby(m): 10:48am On Dec 30, 2015
Temysteve:
during jonathan administration, MTN was just flowing like a fish in the ocean coz he's not effective nd efficient enough. Now this buhari era, once u are foung guilty, u need to suffer for it #MTNmustpay...
And the contribution of the same MTN to our rebased economy under GEJ is the parameter that the APC govt is presenting as a surety to creditors for the mega loans they intend taking to fund 2016 budget.
Penalising defaulting firms did not start with Buhari & will not end with him.
Blaming GEJ for every ill in our coperate nation by Buhar's regime is an expression of irresponsibility.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 10:54am On Dec 30, 2015
rman:

Of course I am biased. My bias is for mtn. Even if they disconnected 3 days later...did they make 1trillion on those lines?

Per minute and sim card talk is rubbish. As at that time, it was still way cheaper than getting a land line and readily available. That's why it sold. Did u cry to Nokia for selling torchlight phone for 30k 12yrs ago ?

This is no the first time mtn is been fined, what u should be asking is why are they resisting this one? It is illogical!

smiles... bro * you're shooting yourself in the foot * with your own points.

if you claim this is not the first time mtn is being fined you make it sound like they are pathological defaulters and thus repeat offenders which further gives credence to the maximum fine allowed for this default to be meted out to them.

Also even if MTN didn't make 1 naira on those lines the law says it's 200k per line . the law didn't state anything regarding to the %penalty in relation to the money made on such lines .

Also I didn't make ANY comparisons with landed lines in only made u realise they HAD a monopoly /duopoly and fixed prices to make ASTRONOMICAL profits . they haven't apologised for it (making legal money). lol. now they get an ASTRNOMICAL fine( legal liability). they complaining hahaha

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by onunwa21(m): 10:57am On Dec 30, 2015
I hope is not cos of the case of xenophobia...at South Africa
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 10:58am On Dec 30, 2015
luvinhubby:

And the contribution of the same MTN to our rebased economy under GEJ is the parameter that the APC govt is presenting as a surety to creditors for the mega loans they intend taking to fund 2016 budget.
Penalising defaulting firms did not start with Buhari & will not end with him.
Blaming GEJ for every ill in our coperate nation by Buhar's regime is an expression of irresponsibility.

as a staunch apc supporter (not member). I fully agree with your point.... they should BLAME PDP. and not just gej (tho we expected so much from the man without shoes )

but obj also failed too .

it's not about poverty, unemployment or social amenities.. I see NO STRCTURE. in Nigeria .no system
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 11:04am On Dec 30, 2015
stevLegend:
I dey smile una comments. Mostly, those shouting MTN should pay. #780bn is a huge money to anyone but not to MTN..
The truth is that, should MTN decide to pay, then, we, the users of the network will be the ones that paid it. because they will pay the money, and only have to activate their ''hidden tarrif'' on every sim where they'll over charge u for every seconds of call without the users knowledge. Sms would go back to 4 naira. Data bundles will be drilled like no man's biz. Knowing how over 70 million people are connected to the internet...
Contrary to what i'm sayin, that punishment of 780bn is much. When even in the same govt., there are worse offenders who goes free.

u funny o ... mtn tie your hand? am presently using glo 3gb for 1k bis on my q10 .. I load 2k every month and get 6gb then use my hotspot to. turn my Q10 to modem keep it in my pocket and flaunt my HTC phone like say na me get android data pass lols.

guy if mtn try am many people will port .

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Ryda(m): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2015
Oluwa O!!
No wonder Mtn have been calling me with +355542 subscribing with d airtym with immediate effect angry
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by WaffenSS(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2015
All the more reason we need to vary the market by allowing Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO).

Or at least the incoming virtual SIMs will aid keeping tabs on subscribers.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

You think it is that simple. What will make those companies not to hire completely new staff?
but again their working experience would come handy.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by rman: 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
mrDennis:

smiles... bro * you're shooting yourself in the foot * with your own points.

if you claim this is not the first time mtn is being fined you make it sound like they are pathological defaulters and thus repeat offenders which further gives credence to the maximum fine allowed for this default to be meted out to them.

Also even if MTN didn't make 1 naira on those lines the law says it's 200k per line . the law didn't state anything regarding to the %penalty in relation to the money made on such lines .

Also I didn't make ANY comparisons with landed lines in only made u realise they HAD a monopoly /duopoly and fixed prices to make ASTRONOMICAL profits . they haven't apologised for it (making legal money). lol. now they get an ASTRNOMICAL fine( legal liability). they complaining hahaha

Mtn never had a monopoly. Econet launched their network first and Mtel was there when mtn launched, stop trying to twist history to suit your argument. By the time mtn lauched, customers have at least 4 options to choose from (Econet, Mtel, mtn and the old 090 lines by Nitel, they are mobiles too). You are the one being biased. Apple made astronomical profits by selling Iphones and they owe no one an apology. Obviously u are baised too because u are not stating facts.

50k fine for brt lane is not a relevant example under this circumstance.

I still do not understand how u wnat a company that hav invested billions to pay a fine that will not allow them break even for the next three years...

Do u think mtn has 700billion somewhere they will transfer into ncc account tomorrow at the click of a button?

Do u think banks will borrow a company money to pay fines? A company that owes some kind of loans already?

Everyone is talking about profits as if it is easy to make profit. The blacks man's mentality of sense of entitlement to someone else's hard work. Yes, that's the way I see it.

The fine is illogical and nobody can make me see governments reason for such a fine. 200k per sim, what is the average revenue per user? Did competition not naturally force prices down in telecommunications in Nigeria?

From the so called 50naira pe minutes and expensive sim to 10naira per minute to 100 naira sims. Which other commodity has dropped that much within the same span?

No company offers u cheap prices because they love u, superior products or services will always attract higher prices and the only way to force price down is not to demand for it but offer similar quality of products and services at lower prices.

My question is even if mtn pays this fine? What next? That's what everyone should b asking. Governors that couldn't pay salaries and got bailouts are already salivating on this urging ncc on...another revenue stream for all to share with nothing to show.

A reasonable fine based on mtns profits and financial profile should not be more that 100billion.

For every negative thing we post about mtn, there are 100 positive things they have added to the same economy. We all have to see it both ways hence we shoot ourselves in the foot. Don't Nigerians love shooting themselves in the foot?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Masculity(m): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
HiddenShadow:
MTN should not pay a dime.
If APC government closes their offices, Nigerians will lose their jobs forcing them to decamp to PDP

Stop decieving yourself other networks are willing to expand their business.

As for PDP u should bury your head in shame.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by oluwatansho(m): 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
shey na the money buhari wan use fund 2016 budget......don't get it
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Coolcash1: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
tete7000:

If you currently work in mtn after fruitlessly searching for job for five years, I m sure your line of thinking will be different. My grouse is not with fining but with the outrageous fine. A sensible government ought to give a fine that can be easily paid and which non-payment can be enforced. The question you should ask is: 'Come Dec. 31st, what will govt do if mtn fail to pay?' Shut down mtn? It is easier said than done but we will wait and see.
Federal govt has carried lagos attitude of outrageous fine to the centre, maybe because a former LiRS boss is now at the centre. In Lagos lastma charges outrageous fines too. Many motorists who can't pay abandon their vehicles in the lastma yard. It was some of those vehicles ambode released freely when he came to power. Unfortunately while such fines can be got away with with individuals, it is more difficult when we talk about a corporate entity that employs thousands in a country with high level of employment.

Hear yourself..so because MTN is putting food on your table government should now encourage IMPUNITY?... Can MTN try this in their country... Please don't let us be sentimental, they have flouted the law and it must take its full course...

Remember the BP oil spill in the US and how the company was slammed $2.5b as fine. Did BP sacked all its staff and leave US- of course not...why? Because of the importance of the market to their survival and growth...same also for MTN, I tell u they are making the profit of their life from this country...hence, exiting the country is never in the mind.

I was privy to know those who did feasibility study for MTN when they were about to start back then in 2000/2001. In the study, they had projected to recoup their capital over 10 years but the coy had to literally trash it when it made abnormal profit just within 3 years of commencement that was never made before since their existence as a teleco.

For me, MTN has sinned and must duly pay the price...pronto!

2 Likes

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mzilakazi(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
Coolcash1:

Hear yourself..so because MTN is putting food on your table government should now encourage IMPUNITY?... Can MTN try this in their country... Please don't let us be sentimental, they have flouted the law and it must take its full course...

Remember the BP oil spill in the US and how the company was slammed $2.5b as fine. Did BP sacked all its staff and leave US- of course not...why? Because of the importance of the market to their survival and growth...same also for MTN, I tell u they are making the profit of their life from this country...hence, exiting the country is never in the mind.

I was privy to know those who did feasibility study for MTN when they were about to start back then in 2000/2001. In the study, they had projected to recoup their capital over 10 years but had to literally trash it when they made abnormal profit just within 3 years of commencement that have never made before else where.

The only difference is that Nigeria is using MTN as a means to fund their N6 trillion budget.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mzilakazi(m): 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
Do you know that MTN is the biggest tax payer in Nigeria?
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Coolcash1: 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

The only difference is that Nigeria is using MTN as a means to fund their budget.

My brother, wait let me educate you..

When you say, Nigeria wants to partly fund her budget with the fine- I completely agree. After all, funding won't drop from heaven. You see when you argue from this point of view, it only shows how superficial your thought is.

This sanction cut across every sector...even when you fail to deduct, file and remit tax there is a fine...Contravention of govt regulations, laws and policies always come with fine and penalty. In this case, MTN was fully aware of the consequences of its action when it was violating the directive...How come other telecos complied and MTN did not? Was the mgt not aware of the implication? Of course, they were but decide to sacrifice compliance for profit.

So, let them use the revenue they generated from the 5.2m subscribers they failed to disconnect to pay the fine.

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mzilakazi(m): 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
Coolcash1:

My brother, wait let me educate you..

When you say, Nigeria wants to partly fund her budget with the fine- I completely agree. After all, funding won't drop from heaven. You see when you argue from this point of view, it only shows how superficial your thought is.

This sanction cut across every sector...even when you fail to deduct, file and remit tax there is a fine...Contravention of govt regulations, laws and policies always come with fine and penalty. In this case, MTN was fully aware of the consequences of its action when it was violating the directive...How come other telecos complied and MTN did not? Was the mgt not aware of the implication? Of course, they were but decide to sacrifice compliance for profit.

So, let them use the revenue they generated from the 5.2m subscribers they failed to disconnect to pay the fine.

Personally, I don't think the MTN's offence can amount to a whopping $5.2 billion. Is it worth it to punish foreign direct investment that much? The investment that helped create jobs, pay tax and sponsor engineering students. That is uncalled for. It is not MTN that called for drop in the oil market.

It does not need a rocket scientist to see that MTNs fine was predetermined and it was tricked into this offence.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by And9: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
I should better exhaust my data before this stipulated deadline o, and wait till after the said deadline to subscribe.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by wwhale(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
Get organic seaweed fertilizer at cheaper rate call me on 08062265532,BBM7B34C8F5
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by tete7000(m): 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
Coolcash1:

I was privy to know those who did feasibility study for MTN when they were about to start back then in 2000/2001. In the study, they had projected to recoup their capital over 10 years but the coy had to literally trash it when it made abnormal profit just within 3 years of commencement that was never made before since their existence as a teleco.

Let wait and see how much of that sin this government will get them to pay for. However one thing I am certain of is making a law that you will end up not being able to enforce puts you in a disadvantaged position. When you state punishment, you equally state penalty if the punishment is refused to be served. I ask again like I asked before: 'What happens to mtn on Jan 1st if they fail to meet payment deadline of Dec 31st?'.
How funny you compare a spill in america to an infraction in nigeria who has failed to provide jobs for her citizens. Only in a country that has met the job requirements of its citizens can youbchoose to close down a company at will. If government of a country like Nigeria tries it, it is its own citizens that will fight back. Labour unions are waiting around the corner to fight the government back.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
LadyExcellency:
It seems the cluelessness of this administration has affected all ministers.

Why this Goodluck this, Goodluck that on issues that had to do with court by this Bokoharam apologist Adebayo Shittu?

Was it Buhari administration that ordered the biometric registration of sim subscribers?
DNT MIND THE APC LED FGN. THEY ARE LOOKING 4 A WAY TO REALISE THE BUDGET THEY TABLED B4 NIGERIAN.FOOLISH PARTY N LEADERS.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Deepfreezer(m): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
Buhari and his people scattering everywhere and same time crushing anyone that gets in their way. hmmmmn OK
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Coolcash1: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

Personally, I don't think the MTN's offence can amount to a whopping $5.2 billion. Is it worth it to punish foreign direct investment that much? The investment that helped create jobs, pay tax and sponsor engineering students. That is uncalled for. It is not MTN that called for drop in the oil market.

It does not need a rocket scientist to see that MTNs fine was predetermined and it was tricked into this offence.

You don't need to think. The rate is clearly stated in the policy...There is no point being sentimental or emotional about this issue...Your argument that their investment have positively impacted the economy is not news...

I understand your plight and from the way you are passionately speaking for the company tells me you must be a staff or contractor. However, the fine is a deterrent to others and warning to potential investors to respect constituted authority.

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
rman:

Mtn never had a monopoly. Econet launched their network first and Mtel was there when mtn launched, stop trying to twist history to suit your argument. By the time mtn lauched, customers have at least 4 options to choose from (Econet, Mtel, mtn and the old 090 lines by Nitel, they are mobiles too). You are the one being biased. Apple made astronomical profits by selling Iphones and they owe no one an apology. Obviously u are baised too because u are not stating facts.

50k fine for brt lane is not a relevant example under this circumstance.

I still do not understand how u wnat a company that hav invested billions to pay a fine that will not allow them break even for the next three years...

Do u think mtn has 700billion somewhere they will transfer into ncc account tomorrow at the click of a button?

Do u think banks will borrow a company money to pay fines? A company that owes some kind of loans already?

Everyone is talking about profits as if it is easy to make profit. The blacks man's mentality of sense of entitlement to someone else's hard work. Yes, that's the way I see it.

The fine is illogical and nobody can make me see governments reason for such a fine. 200k per sim, what is the average revenue per user? Did competition not naturally force prices down in telecommunications in Nigeria?

From the so called 50naira pe minutes and expensive sim to 10naira per minute to 100 naira sims. Which other commodity has dropped that much within the same span?

No company offers u cheap prices because they love u, superior products or services will always attract higher prices and the only way to force price down is not to demand for it but offer similar quality of products and services at lower prices.

My question is even if mtn pays this fine? What next? That's what everyone should b asking. Governors that couldn't pay salaries and got bailouts are already salivating on this urging ncc on...another revenue stream for all to share with nothing to show.

A reasonable fine based on mtns profits and financial profile should not be more that 100billion.

For every negative thing we post about mtn, there are 100 positive things they have added to the same economy. We all have to see it both ways hence we shoot ourselves in the foot. Don't Nigerians love shooting themselves in the foot?

actually u failed to break down the brt example... I mean the FINE is explicitly stated ... so the moment u encroach on the line u don't now start begging saying u only have 3k in ur pocket etc ...

mtn clearly knew the implication of what they were doing. , also u obviously not a finance guy cos u would know the same way politicians don't joke with 1 vote is the Sam's way corporate firms don't joke with 1 naira . let's do small calc

5naira spent by 5.2m Sims = N26m *7 days = N182m . so please stop acting like mtn didn't know the implication of their avtions. they just didn't expect the NCC hammer to fall so hard ! it's business they probably expected a fine in the millions which might have made up just 40-45% of their earnings on those unregistered Sims . MTN is a corporate entity stop arguing like they a roadside shop with no legal dept

even if the money is somehow mishandled by apc that's a seperate analysis ... first MTN MUST PAY. after all THERE WAS A SMALLER FINE (N100m). which u carefully ignore to mention that despite the fine and warning they didn't heed the directive of NCC.

forget goodwill ... it doesn't give anyone the right to repeatedly flout our laws.

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Coolcash1: 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
tete7000:

Let wait and see how much of that sin this government will get them to pay for. However one thing I am certain of is making a law that you will end up not being able to enforce puts you in a disadvantaged position. When you state punishment, you equally state penalty if the punishment is refused to be served. I ask again like I asked before: 'What happens to mtn on Jan 1st if they fail to meet payment deadline of Dec 31st?'.
How funny you compare a spill in america to an infraction in nigeria who has failed to provide jobs for her citizens. Only in a country that has met the job requirements of its citizens can youbchoose to close down a company at will. If government of a country like Nigeria tries it, it is its own citizens that will fight back. Labour unions are waiting around the corner to fight the government back.

We all need to wait and see wait the government intends to do after 31st should the coy fail to comply...
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Coolcash1: 2:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
mrDennis:

actually u failed to break down the brt example... I mean the FINE is explicitly stated ... so the moment u encroach on the line u don't now start begging saying u only have 3k in ur pocket etc ...

mtn clearly knew the implication of what they were doing. , also u obviously not a finance guy cos u would know the same way politicians don't joke with 1 vote is the Sam's way corporate firms don't joke with 1 naira . let's do small calc

5naira spent by 5.2m Sims = N26m *7 days = N182m . so please stop acting like mtn didn't know the implication of their avtions. they just didn't expect the NCC hammer to fall so hard ! it's business they probably expected a fine in the millions which might have made up just 40-45% of their earnings on those unregistered Sims . MTN is a corporate entity stop arguing like they a roadside shop with no legal dept

even if the money is somehow mishandled by apc that's a seperate analysis ... first MTN MUST PAY. after all THERE WAS A SMALLER FINE (N100m). which u carefully ignore to mention that despite the fine and warning they didn't heed the directive of NCC.

forget goodwill ... it doesn't give anyone the right to repeatedly flout our laws.

Nice one bro...I love your objectivity and sense of reasoning.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mzilakazi(m): 2:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
Coolcash1:

You don't need to think. The rate is clearly stated in the policy...There is no point being sentimental or emotional about this issue...Your argument that their investment have positively impacted the economy is not news...
I understand your plight and from the way you are passionately speaking for the company tells me you must be a staff or contractor. However, the fine is a deterrent to others and warning to potential investors to respect constituted authority.

The problem is that NCC is not legislators, executors and judiciary at the same time. They cannot make the law, implement it and prosecute at the same time when such a law is violated. There has to be checks and balances. NCC does not have such powers.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by moshould(m): 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
I love the part where federal government used d word "must"... yeye mtn pple.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Coolcash1: 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

The problem is that NCC is not legislators, executors and judiciary at the same time. They cannot make the law, implement it and persecute at the same time when such a law is violated. There has to be checks and balances. NCC does not have such powers.

Let me help you because I can see some gap in your knowledge. There is checks and balance already. For your info, NCC is an agency under Ministry of Communication. It is established by law to enforce the law or regulate the teleco industry. Just as DPR is the regulator of oil and gas industry. If DPR slams a coy with penalty, it does not need any other agency to either confirm or cancel it. The company can only engage them to seek for their understanding to pay less (which is not automatic that DPR will accept).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huawei Y9 2019 Or Samsung Galaxy S8 As Xmas Gift, Which One Should I Choose? / How Do I Resest My Tecno H6 Privacy Protection Password? / BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.