Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

"Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria (25461 Views)

NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services / What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by back2sender: 9:14am On Dec 30, 2015
[quote ote author=mrDennis post=41473900]

if this is the buhari I know ... err1 should go get regittered Sims from other networks because on Jan 1. mtn offices will be sealed.

imagine fining 4 telecoms operators ! giving them 7 days to adhere , then. one company decides it's too big to comply I mean 0% compliance wow .

and some Nigerians here are supporting their actions? [/quote]
No mind those Biafra. They are not nigerians but ipobians where they dont have respect for thier elders, fathers and mothers. They only worship n respect money! Mtn will pay every dime and heaven will not full.

3 Likes

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by back2sender: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2015
[quote ote author=mrDennis post=41473900]

if this is the buhari I know ... err1 should go get regittered Sims from other networks because on Jan 1. mtn offices will be sealed.

imagine fining 4 telecoms operators ! giving them 7 days to adhere , then. one company decides it's too big to comply I mean 0% compliance wow .

and some Nigerians here are supporting their actions? [/quote]
No mind those Biafra. They are not nigerians but ipobians where they dont have respect for thier elders, fathers and mothers. They only worship n respect money! Mtn will pay every dime and heaven will not fall.

2 Likes

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by buemene(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2015
mzilakazi:

You think it is that simple. What will make those companies not to hire completely new staff?

And are those new staff Egyptians?

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by OohLalah(f): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2015
[size=14pt]Well, we all know MTN will not pay a dime tomorrow and that's a fact.

Nigeria do your worst! As always, Nigerians with their big mouth. And no action. cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Folksyharry(m): 9:24am On Dec 30, 2015
This will be a real test for the NCC. Let us see if they really have the stomach to punish big organizations when they commit a crime.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by dubemivan(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2015
HiddenShadow:
MTN should not pay a dime.
If APC government closes their offices, Nigerians will lose their jobs forcing them to decamp to PDP
I doubt if this man is a NIGERIAN... what have MTN done for you? how have MTN benefitted you? what is their achievement in this country? Sometimes people talk blindly... In SA they enjoy free browsing, quality network and low tariff, while we pay through our nose to give MTN their biggest revenue and yet we dont enjoy value for our Airtime!
What is APC about this matter?? is it justice to get others pay the fine and exonerate MTN? Does it seems they have the interest of our country by defying orders to suck us dry and still went ahead to court?
Nigeria will only move forward when people like you begin to reason objectively and sensibly!

3 Likes

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by stevLegend: 9:27am On Dec 30, 2015
I dey smile una comments. Mostly, those shouting MTN should pay. #780bn is a huge money to anyone but not to MTN..
The truth is that, should MTN decide to pay, then, we, the users of the network will be the ones that paid it. because they will pay the money, and only have to activate their ''hidden tarrif'' on every sim where they'll over charge u for every seconds of call without the users knowledge. Sms would go back to 4 naira. Data bundles will be drilled like no man's biz. Knowing how over 70 million people are connected to the internet...
Contrary to what i'm sayin, that punishment of 780bn is much. When even in the same govt., there are worse offenders who goes free.

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by bluice2(m): 9:28am On Dec 30, 2015
Guy's lets not be too quick to condemn. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
MTN will obviously pay so as to remain in business considering the high profit margin made from Nigerian subscribers as against other African countries.
For those insisting they shut down, do you know how many unemployed folks you end up throwing into the already saturated labour market?
Someone mentioned other network operators absorbing them, truth is, the other ones are laying off staffs in order to cut cost, so how will they now want to start absorbing.
So many businesses and small scaled employments are linked directly/indirectly to MTN in a way. So if they go down, there will be a ripple effect so bad that it will begin to affect everyone in very little ways, maybe not directly.
As for fresh graduates out there insisting MTN should be shut down, you may just be worsening your plight. Experienced hands will come to struggle very little opportunities with graduates with little or no experience in relevant fields, and what will be the outcome?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by emzila(m): 9:29am On Dec 30, 2015
BABA HOLD THEM THIS WAY, WE NEED THAT MONKEY.

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by rman: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2015
See how people in government talks.

What has GEJ administration got to do with this?

What is total value of mtn Nigeria that NCC alone wants to collect 700billion?

Do you guys know each state, LGA also tax base stations in their locality?

Why are they trying so hard to blame network operators for their own lack of technology to track criminals?

FYI, the almighty DSS has only three equipment that can monitor calls and they move this from one region to the other based on the case they are investigating..why can't FG buy more?

For those that have travelled out, do you do sim reg or your national ID is all u need to show to get one and info is automatically sycn to the sim?

Did anyone not notice the flaw in the registration process. U go and provide information about who u are and there is no means to verify if it is correct. Therefore I can be Tunde on my etisalat sim and Michael on mtn network..isn't that a flaw.

A lazy government that is looking for money deceiving gullible masses that it is for their interest. A government that wants to kill the only industry that they privatised successfully because they lack foresight to see its potential an killed NiTel.

We should not let our unreasonable hatred for SA companies consume us as a people. If mtn shuts down today their is no other operator that has the installed capacity to absorb their subscribers. None! What about the ir enterprise customers?

Fyi, the economy and the people that will suffer if mtn shuts down will be Nigerians. Diesel suppliers, trade partners that have invested millions, generator companies, even fcmg companies will suffer. Sales are now being monitored by companies because field sales people key in data real time and the logical thing to do is use the biggest network.

And the ncc man spoke half truths and he clearly thinks he is impressing the government.

How many people here have registered their lines more than twice this year? Do u think mtn isn't submitting them to ncc? They do and ncc keeps rejecting them. That's why mtn keeps asking u to come back.

The bigger picture is political....mtn is contributing 4% of Nigeria's gdp as one company. Biggest contributor outside oil and gas and they want to take it over and ruin it.

I dare FG to shut down mtn...u will only take your country backwards. A country that needs so much catching up to do is threatening investors.

MTN has already complied by disconnecting the lines twice in the last two months. Is the motive getting mtn to do the right thing of fining them out of business?

The fine is illogical and we are so short-sighted we fail to see the massive negative impact this will have. This is coming from an administration of Buhari that cancelled the Lagos metro line years back under the disguise of corruption and fast forward few years Lagos has one of the worst traffic gridlock in the whole world. If he has foresight, Lagos metroline shouldn't have been cancelled.

Shut down mtn as see how customer experience on all other operators go bad in a few days. I dare FG to do so.

Shallow thinking leaders.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by HiddenShadow: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2015
dubemivan:

I doubt if this man is a NIGERIAN... what have MTN done for you? how have MTN benefitted you? what is their achievement in this country? Sometimes people talk blindly... In SA they enjoy free browsing, quality network and low tariff, while we pay through our nose to give MTN their biggest revenue and yet we dont enjoy value for our Airtime!
What is APC about this matter?? is it justice to get others pay the fine and exonerate MTN? Does it seems they have the interest of our country by defying orders to suck us dry and still went ahead to court?
Nigeria will only move forward when people like you begin to reason objectively and sensibly!

Keep deceiving yourselves

Free browsing for where in SA.?

Are you the one that pay their electricity bill that will cause them to provide browsing service without pay

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by dubemivan(m): 9:31am On Dec 30, 2015
ibe9ja:
Or what?
Or their property will be confiscated and sent packing!
MTN, Shoprite and DSTV have so much exploited us in this country. It is high time the Government and we the people arise to place them where they belong!
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Godblessaplus1(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2015
ibe9ja:
Or what?
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by yimagire: 9:32am On Dec 30, 2015
Ghen Ghennnnn! DSTV you are next! am sorry but are these mtn supporters from south africa or mtn customer carers? MTN woulda faded into obscurity if they tried this in USA or England. Imagine I refuse to wash my dads car before he goes to work everyday and finally he gets fed up,punishes me and I take him to family elders to vindicate me. MTN are useless;for the poor network,tariffs,data plans and etc,they even deserve more bans

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Wolfbrother(m): 9:35am On Dec 30, 2015
mrDennis:

if mtn sacks people it would mean cutting their operating capacity thus making other networks grow due to people crossing over .
also if they sack 1000 . 400 will be absorbed by other firms while new hands will also be employed.

Nigeria is in an unassailable win-win situation here ... mtn and south Africa has a lot to loose . or haven't u noticed south Africa's govt isn't being confrontational over the fine? in fact mtn is getting heat in s.a too over this problem.

just watch dstv is next ... sebi na premiership em dey use catch thrips abi. 13k a month cos I wan watch match every weekend. . lol

i actually wonder about this , does the premier league know they are contributing to an exploitative monopoly ? , there are other countries that have multiple stations broadcasting the matches , US has about 6 , why is only one license given to Nigeria?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_broadcasters#Europe_broadcasters
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Aitee1: 9:35am On Dec 30, 2015
Before 31st kwaaaa...hope my data is safe
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by dubemivan(m): 9:36am On Dec 30, 2015
HiddenShadow:

Keep deceiving yourselves

Free browsing for where in SA.?

Are you the one that pay their electricity bill that will cause them to provide browsing service without pay
Free browsing that is the only thing you saw abi? disprove others too and show your ignorance
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 9:38am On Dec 30, 2015
praxisnetworks:

You insult the memory and works of late ambassador Ashiru....

I DONT KNOW HIM... but if he did will cool, if he didn't cool.
I also never indicted any ambassador after all when the HEAD is bad the whole body will be bad too.

we both know Nigeria is / has the potential to become the USA /CHINA/RUSSIA/UK/AUSTRALIA of Africa yet we still manage to cheapen ourselves.

what right does Cameroon have to take a whole NIGERIA. to international court over bakassi ? and what right does white men have to say bakassi belongs to Cameroon? and what FORCE can they apply to push us out? in fact bad as e bad the whole bakassi is supposed to become an unpopulated land instead... I refer u to the south China sea crisis.

I still insist obj sold bakassi or peninsula .

also during the deportation row what steps were taken by FG as retaliatory measures? or since u know the works of the ambassador what steps did HE take?
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by HiddenShadow: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2015
rman:

Why are they trying so hard to blame network operators for their own lack of technology to track criminals?

FYI, the almighty DSS has only three equipment that can monitor calls and they move this from one region to the other based on the case they are investigating..why can't FG buy more?

For those that have travelled out, do you do sim reg or your national ID is all u need to show to get one and info is automatically sycn to the sim?

Did anyone not notice the flaw in the registration process. U go and provide information about who u are and there is no means to verify if it is correct. Therefore I can be Tunde on my etisalat sim and Michael on mtn network..isn't that a flaw.

A lazy government that is looking for money deceiving gullible masses that it is for their interest. A government that wants to kill the only industry that they privatised successfully because they lack foresight to see its potential an killed NiTel.

We should not let our unreasonable hatred for SA companies consume us as a people. If mtn shuts down today their is no other operator that has the installed capacity to absorb their subscribers. None! What about the ir enterprise customers?

Fyi, the economy and the people that will suffer if mtn shuts down will be Nigerians. Diesel suppliers, trade partners that have invested millions, generator companies, even fcmg companies will suffer. Sales are now being monitored by companies because field sales people key in data real time and the logical thing to do is use the biggest network.

And the ncc man spoke half truths and he clearly thinks he is impressing the government.

How many people here have registered their lines more than twice this year? Do u think mtn isn't submitting them to ncc? They do and ncc keeps rejecting them. That's why mtn keeps asking u to come back.

The bigger picture is political....mtn is contributing 4% of Nigeria's gdp as one company. Biggest contributor outside oil and gas and they want to take it over and ruin it.

I dare FG to shut down mtn...u will only take your country backwards. A country that needs so much catching up to do is threatening investors.

MTN has already complied by disconnecting the lines twice in the last two months. Is the motive getting mtn to do the right thing of fining them out of business?

The fine is illogical and we are so short-sighted we fail to see the massive negative impact this will have. This is coming from an administration of Buhari that cancelled the Lagos metro line years back under the disguise of corruption and fast forward few years Lagos has one of the worst traffic gridlock in the whole world. If he has foresight, Lagos metroline shouldn't have been cancelled.

Shut down mtn as see how customer experience on all other operators go bad in a few days. I dare FG to do so.

Perfect presentation

Don't mind the gullible ones supporting APC evil scheme
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by AvimsPS(f): 9:44am On Dec 30, 2015
There should be better ways to deal with this rather than requesting MTN pays this outrageous sum. Meanwhile, shutting down MTN will definitely have an adverse effect on the Nigerian economy. A more subtle approach should be employed.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by meezynetwork(m): 9:49am On Dec 30, 2015
I don't understand why we keep on lamenting that mtn, Dstv, shoprite and other South African companies has been exploiting us. We gave them such opportunity to exploit. In as much as I don't hold brief for mtn, I could remember when ncc told mtn to scrap most of their tariff plan that it is cheaper than other networks' own. Mtn had to comply. Other network operators are also guilty of exploiting us including our own glo with their high tariffs. But then, MTN should know what's best for them to do if they still want to remain in business.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by keeycee: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2015
With all manner of text messages from MTN over re-registration. They should pay the fine without deductions. Failed data base.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 30, 2015
Is it possible for NCC to shut down all the mtn sim cards being used by Nigerians whether registered or not?

One thing is certain....MTN licence might be withdrawn by NCC.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by rman: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2015
Let it be on record that the first major achievement of the APC/ Buhari government is not to create jobs but to ensure investors they met are driven out of business. Bokoharam has bombed more than 150 sites of mtn in the north.....is that also mtn responsibility?

Fine mtn but let it be reasonable.

By now, if I am Buhari, any spokesperson that refer to GEJ in any communication should be fired immediately. No one sent all these ass likcers and shallow thinkers to be referring to GEJ in all interviews. In their mind, they think they are impressing their subjects.

What has Shittu done as minister that this man is praising him? Or is he just minister for fine? What is government road map for telecoms?

Stop using mtn to score cheap political gains because u hav found that majority of Nigerians a gullible and have herd mentality (follow follow)

Yes Nigerians are tired of poor services, not only in telecommunications. Bad roads, no power even leadership, YES we are tried of bad leaders....
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Godsonkemz(m): 10:07am On Dec 30, 2015
Less than 48 hours..Good for them. Let fed government also sanction DSTV and Gotv for surcharging its subscribers.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by wayodude(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2015
I am not aware of a penalty fine this large being paid by any company anywhere in the world. I'm almost certain they will not pay it as it currently stands.

Yes the sum requested is deemed to be supported by agreed operating contract terms and conditions still yet I think this penalty is far in excess of one that could be obliged by any management board worth their salt. If things get too heated they will surely pack up and leave. Just my thoughts though.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 10:12am On Dec 30, 2015
rman:

LMAO. bros you are educated but totally bias and afraid of taking risks . you said we should not blame gej yet u indirectly blaming gej by pointing out the flaws in a policy he signed off on. also u are indicting obj n pdp. for 16 years of not putting up the structures you just mentioned
also let me add this ... THE national I.d card is a dull idea because it makes no practical sense yet he signed off on it.

NOW TO YOUR. FEARS ABOUT MTN LEAVING.
*You act like mtn is/was doing 9ja a favour when in fact it is the other way around. Nigeria opened u her telecoms sector and mtn had the honour of having first dibs which they capitalised on (SIM card he much? per minute how much?). before we allowed competition come in.

*You act like if mtn leaves we will be left with Only glo airtel n eti for life? guyyyy many telecoms coy are looking for ways to enter naija tel market. but it would be hard to get *sizable market share when 4 top telcos are already here. in fact if mtn goes another SA firm will try to enter & I hope they won't allowit

*Yes mtn pays taxes but a new replacement firm will equally pay those taxes , patrnise those businesses and employ Nigerians but will south Africa's govt still receive tax from MTNnigeria?

*You say mtn started disconnecting ... it's too late to cry when the HEAD is off ... other telcos complied to an appreciable level if not fully. & mtn. didn't comply @ all. 3 days after the deadline!

* You act like this fine will chase /scare away investors ... lies! in fact more businesses will love to enter a market where everyone plays by the same set of rules .

*we don't need companies investing in Nigeria because they can easily exploit its citizens and bypass regulations

* this fine is the first of its nature & sets a precedent... anything done now will serve as a basis for future refrence ... if mtn no pay , then why should ANY firm fined in the future pay?

4 Likes

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Kiakia(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2015
If MTN pays the fine tomorrow, then the res in the case is destroyed and the purpose of filing the action in court rendered nugatory. NCC having raised a team of senior lawyers to defend the case in court has become aware of it's existence and should not threaten to enforce the sanction. That will be against the Rule of Law.
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by tawababiola: 10:21am On Dec 30, 2015
Nice one
Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by mrDennis(m): 10:21am On Dec 30, 2015
rman:
Let it be on record that the first major achievement of the APC/ Buhari government is not to create jobs but to ensure investors they met are driven out of business. Bokoharam ha bombed more than 150 sites of mtn in the north.....is that also mtn responsibility?

Fine mtn but let it be reasonable.

By now, if I am Buhari, any spokesperson that refer to GEJ in any communication should be fired immediately. No one sent all these ass likcers and shallow thinkers to be referring to GEJ in all interviews. In their mind, they think they are impressing their subjects.

What has Shittu done as minister that these man is praising him? Or is he just minister for fine? What is government road map for telecoms?

Stop using mtn to score cheap political gains because u hav found that majority of Nigerians a gullible and have herd mentality (follow follow)

Yes Nigerians are tired of poor services, not only in telecommunications. Bad roads, no power even leadership, YES we are tried of bad leaders....

while the BH issue is sad... during reconstruction govts aid companies affected either financially or via tax breaks etc ... stop acting like naija is the first to face terrorism .

mtn has a legal dept(I think). what was their advice when mtn refused to adhere to industry regulations? ( Dont worry jare no b this naija ? we will bribe the officials they send to audit us lol ).
well I don't know law but when they were drafting it they knew the fine for such default is N200K per SIM yet they did it anyway .

in Lagos the fine for entering brt lane is 20/50k can't remember but people still enter the lane to beat traffic and when caught they start begging... IF U CANT DO THE TIME DNT DO THE CRIME #simple

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Temysteve(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2015
luvinhubby:
The sheer crass stupidity of these APC political sycophants stinks to the high heavens.

What is Goodluck Jonathan's concern that MTN did not pay the money they were hoping to use for their scam welfare package?
during jonathan administration, MTN was just flowing like a fish in the ocean coz he's not effective nd efficient enough. Now this buhari era, once u are foung guilty, u need to suffer for it #MTNmustpay...

1 Like

Re: "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria by Temysteve(m): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2015
Hiploko:
I would have called whoever mentioned Goodluck Jonathan in the initial post a .......... But I just returned from a ban... Don't get down to work. Keep blaming Goodluck till we kick you out via impeachment,revolution or in 2019.
u need to go for another 6 month ban.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huawei Y9 2019 Or Samsung Galaxy S8 As Xmas Gift, Which One Should I Choose? / How Do I Resest My Tecno H6 Privacy Protection Password? / BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.