Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? (8250 Views)

Men Spend More Time Gossping Than Women - Study / Seven Ways To Appear More Intelligent Than Other People / Why Are Some People More Intelligent Than Others ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Outstrip(f): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2009
hackney:

Men have a slightly larger brain ; lets talk exact science.

It's just that God gave the woman so much sexual powers that a man will give it all up for them curves.
Other than that ; pssswhh

Really? You want to talk exact science. Men have larger brains but women have more connectons within the brain. In other words men have bigger brains but women's brains work better .

As for the one that said that men are superior because they have joysticks and we have vagina's nothing to say except that I have never a seen a dick that has told a woman what to do but I have seen vagina's from the beginning of time (from Adam to David) that can tell a man when to eat, when to sleep and how to make critical decisions. Y'all need to get over it. There is no power bigger than the power of the vagina. Ask Adam and King David.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Secretz(f): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2009
Outstrip:

Really? You want to talk exact science. Men have larger brains but women have more connectons within the brain. In other words men have bigger brains but women's brains work better .

As for the one that said that men are superior because they have joysticks and we have vagina's nothing to say except that I have never a seen a privates that has told a woman what to do but I[b] have seen vagina's from the beginning of time (from Adam to David) that can tell a man when to eat, when to sleep and how to make critical decisions. Y'all need to get over it. There is no power bigger than the power of the vagina. Ask Adam and King David.[/b]

ROFLMAO!!! grin
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by pop247(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2009
Women will always talk alot;that's just genetic.
About world balance or whatever you call it , i think the women should start with inventing something.
Women are simply welcome guest to the 'comforts' a man has built and by comfort i mean everything you set your eyes on from dawn till dusk.
Status is not earned by how much you can talk.
its a man's world ; just enjoy the ride ladies.

Someone mentioned earning more than men ; more than the men in your office or in your village,which one?.
You give birth but pampers is designed by men; do you know that your contribution to bra-making is to test if the first design sample is comfortable?.
You think Manolo is a woman?
Im stopping here pls , Ah
u made a lot of point here. am with u lol. is not by them running their mouth, it is by their inventions that will make them leaders of the world like men. am not driscriminating women as the weaker sex but God created men and women and asigned them a role to play. u can't leave ur role to play the opposite sex role. in the beginning, nature made it that women will be taking care of her family while a man will be taking care of the society and so be it. civilization can neither change or rebuild it.

2 - about women inventing something - how on earth can we manage that? - will you carry the baby for 9months, birth it, breast feed it, raise it and cook your own meals? will you ensure those children go on to be the next inventors?
this is where u judge urself. why do u want to be the leaders of the world and be above men when u know u cant invent because of family affairs. can u now see why in a society, it is men that leads instead of women coz they are the one that work towards societal development ( though women contributes too).

3 - and by saying we are 'welcomed guests' - that is one of the most insulting/demeaning thing i have ever heard a man say! towards women - yes, your father's sperm contributed to create your life - but WHO decided to let you carry on that life? - who decided to welcome and keep you in her body for 9months? - who decided to allow you see the world? who decided to breastfeed you and strengthen your immune system who made sure you were well fed, and healthy? who cooked the food, bought with your Father's money from his inventions?
this is off point. by referring the women as welcome guest doesnt mean that women has no responsibilties both in family and societal affairs but it means that u enjoy the hand work of men. like in the office u work, all the structures in it like chairs, tables even the house u leave was done by men. the electricity, pipe borne water, cars, plane and many unnamed things are made a reality for human consumption by men. remember their are times these things were not in existence but with the help of men imagination, intelligience and hardwork it came to be a reality. my dear, u have no point to make on this issue. just accept it the way it is. men became the world leader by action not by mere words so women should not aim to reach the level of men by mere word but by action. they say action speaks louder than voice. ahh abeg i rest my case. cool
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by chukz4real(m): 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2009
I suppose the answer is yes. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Secretz(f): 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2009
chukz4real:

I suppose the answer is yes. lipsrsealed

Not very i[b]ntelligent[/b] is that? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by BABE3: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2009
NOPE, they(men) r not, even though people make it seem like that. They maybe/are stronger phsysically. BUT everytime i think about this, 1 question keeps coming to mind, ---Y R MOST MATHS PEOPLE(SCIENTISTS, LECTURERS ND SO ON) MALE?I have never seen or had a female maths teacher(correct teacher ooo, not primary school teacer), is it dat we r not smart compared 2 d male specie logically?

YH, men r leaders of the world because of stupid EVE and SNAKE. I dont thinK GOD never really liked us (female) since that incident happened in d garden of Eden. grin grin grin Remember he created ADAM first so what do we expect. He rarely even made "the female" prophets and all that, (according to d bible), So basically, I think thats d way God wants it to be.  grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Byrone: 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2009
yall shuld stop dis, it ain't helpin nuttin, we can yap yap all day en still not achieve nuttin. oppression or suppression of any gender iz evil en both genders were packaged wit their strenghts en weaknesses, we shuld be happy 4 wat we r en go out there en do sum gud,
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by royalicon(m): 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2009
Yes ooo from the inception of the world, they are. I mean since creation, for the fact that Adam was before Eve, it keep the bond continuing.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Danandrea(f): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2009
I think, guys more intelligent,
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by mayrho(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2009
not necessarily
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by omooloye1(f): 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2009
We've had threads like this in the past.I usually avoid discussions like this, but I can't just resist the urge this time.
I often wonder when this superiority contest will end.Methinks,'you are what you think you are' regardless of your gender, you are either intelligent or dumb.I believe God created me with good intentions,I'm only concerned about how to be fulfilled in all aspects of my life.I have never felt inferior to any man,I see them as fellow humanbeings and I don't feel threatened by men.I don't believe gender has anything to do with intelligence.Yes, I'm a WOMAN and I'm unstoppable.Insecure men are plagues to me, so I avoid them.

WOMEN, you can be what you wanna be if you believe.Leave all these egoistic and domineering men.Many of them are losers who merely hide under the guise of 'man is the superior and stronger sex' They have been leaders for thousands of years, what do we have in world today? WARS, POVERTY, MURDERS,DISEASES, etc.

MEN, stop hating, we are just as good as you are.you need us as much as we need you.A man is not a man simply because of what dangles between his thighs, real men make things happen, whether male or female.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2009
men r more intelligent than women because men are d hunted. So they hv 2 b intelligent to decode d deceits of women.
smiley smiley wink, no disrespect to my mama n d very few women who knw hw to carry themselves!
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by matiltomd(f): 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2009
when u want something said, ask a man,
when u want something done, ask a woman,
that sums up the intelligence of our men, rubbish!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by otokx(m): 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2009
Not really
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2009
matiltom_d:

when u want something said, ask a man,
when u want something done, ask a woman,
that sums up the intelligence of our men, rubbish!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I agree with u, though partly because 'action' doesn't equal intelligence.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by ezeagu(m): 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2009
Actually, some of the most influential world leaders have been women. Look at the most famous Pharaohs Queen Nerfertiti, Queen Cleopatra. Then look at the other women leaders that have followed; Queen Nzinga and her guerilla war fare, Queen Isabella of Spain who was Christopher Columbus's Queen, Queen Elizabeth arguably the best British monarch, Queen Victoria who was the ruler of the British Empire which became the biggest empire ever under her rule and then look at Britains longest running monarch Elizabeth II.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Byrone: 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2009
i luv threads like these, they funny, ya git ta see people hide behind they keyboard en unleash mental venom on each other, sum of these people r so spineless en gutless they can't even say these tings 2 people in real life, so pathetic. anyway i got ma moms, ma pops, ma boy, ma brothaz en ma sistaz en they all family ok. so i can't git meself 2 say anytin negative 'bout no gender male or female,
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by C2H5OH(f): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2009
intelligence is not gender-specific
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Sissy3(f): 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2009
no they are not. albeit, society makes them believe they are.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Pyrodisiac(f): 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

no they are not. albeit, society makes them believe they are.

I concur.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by adejonny: 8:36pm On Jun 12, 2009
Intelligence and gender do not seem to correlate. Environment and other factors determines intelligence.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Tatase(f): 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2009
First of all, intelligence is definitely not a criterion at least not in practice for being a world leader.

Second, men are world leaders because society has always left them free to pursue outside-of-the-home work interests.

As for gender and intelligence. I don't think men are necessarily more intelligent than women overall or vice-versa. It's really juvenile for people to be making all these one-gender-is-better-than-the-other generalizations. Some people are in certain ways more intelligent or ambitious or scheming than others but I don't think it has anything to do with gender.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by hilli666(m): 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2009
First of all, it is scientifically pr-oven that men are physically stronger than women (except the woman is into fitness). It is also scientifically prove that our brain structure though similar, differ in function. Men analyze based on logic, strategy and fact, while women analyze base on instinct and emotion. This difference, like someone mentioned earlier, was brought about due the the varying domestic roles played by both sexes. Men had to be more analytical in hunting, war, and the construction/ building of comunities. While women on the other hand had to be more tender and nurturing, so as to attend to and understand the fragile wants of the child (A task you would not want to leave to a man whom had just returned from hunting a wild boar , lol) Both task, in the general scope of things are of equal importance and significance. The inequality between both spawned about when some women got board (especially those who couldn't have kids) of staying at home and wanted to accompany the men in battle, or on a hunting expedition of which the men replied "you not as capable of a man to handle this or your not Strong enough to do this" This mentality has stuck with us from those early day of civilization till date. Like wise woman wouldn't want to leave the well fare of the child with her husband. Now the work place has changed, and women are becoming more indepented, and keep making major contributions to our society (somthing they have always done) But still the stereo types persist.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Joge(m): 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2009
God had made his work perfect and so would it be. Head shall we be and not tail. I don't see women as inferior or lesser being but appreciate the fact that God has made domine over wowen, hence the reason for the excellence and greatness of all sorts that's been endowed on all men. Women could be as great, intelligent, wise etc like or more than men, but God's work cannot be challenged, it's done and so be it.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by sley4life(m): 10:21pm On Jun 12, 2009
Men will always be more intelligent that ladies
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 12, 2009
Men aint world leaders because they are more intelligient, it is cos of the system. Nigerians in particular believe in ability and not mentality. No one is born intelligient, intelligience is acquired thru research.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by TTgirl: 12:10am On Jun 13, 2009
Gen 1:26-28 BEFORE THE CURSE

26God said, "Now we will make humans, and they will be like us. We will let them rule the fish, the birds, and all other living creatures."

27So God created humans to be like himself; he made men and women. 28God gave them his blessing and said:  Have a lot of children! Fill the earth with people and bring it under your control. Rule over the fish in the ocean, the birds in the sky, and every animal on the earth.

Gen 3:16- THE CURSE
To the woman He said:
      “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
      In pain you shall bring forth children;
      Your desire shall be for your husband,
      And he shall rule over you.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by TTgirl: 12:23am On Jun 13, 2009
Epehsians 5: 22-33 AFTER THE CURSE

22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25Husbands, love your wives,  . . . 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

omo oloye:

.Methinks,'you are what you think you are' regardless of your gender, you are either intelligent or dumb.I believe God created me with good intentions,I'm only concerned about how to be fulfilled in all aspects of my life.I have never felt inferior to any man,I see them as fellow humanbeings and I don't feel threatened by men.I don't believe gender has anything to do with intelligence.Yes, I'm a WOMAN and I'm unstoppable.

WOMEN, you can be what you wanna be if you believe.
Correct!

Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by TTgirl: 12:26am On Jun 13, 2009
Tatase:

Second, men are world leaders because society has always left them free to pursue outside-of-the-home work interests.

True!

A woman’s most important assignment is her husband and her kids, but she should be fulfilled careerwise, etc. Women should be strong If not, she is wasting her brains and abilities. What if she has 6 children all female and they all decide to be housewives? Wasted resources!!!

Prov 31
10A truly good wife is the most precious treasure a man can find! 11Her husband depends on her, and she never lets him down. 12She is good to him  every day of her life, 16She knows how to buy land  and how to plant a vineyard,   17and she always works hard. 18She knows when to buy or sell, and she stays busy until late at night.   25She is strong and graceful, [b] as well as cheerful  about the future. 26Her words are sensible, and her advice  is thoughtful.  27She takes good care of her family and is never lazy.  28Her children praise her,  and with great pride her husband says,  29"There are many good women,  but you are the best!"  30Charm can be deceiving, and beauty fades away,
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by davidif: 12:48am On Jun 13, 2009
What kind of sexist question is this? Unbelievable that people are still asking this kind of stupid questions in the twenty first century. I remember our teachers brazenly telling us to debate useless topics like this when we were still in school. Naija na wa o.
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by vislabraye(m): 12:49am On Jun 13, 2009
@Poster. I think you are one of those few women that are objective enough, Come to think of it, there are not so many women that are objective; you keep on hearing phrases like" what a man can do, a woman can do better" duh. I don't think i need to disproof that statement. We all know that some of the greatest minds that lived were men, scientists, philosophers, inventors. I am yet to hear of any female inventor(except Marie Currie who discovered x-ray. She even worked with her husband, Not an inventor though she's close to being one).  

But to say a man is more intelligent than a woman might not be 100% accurate , neither would i say that men are superior, that is another extreme. But let each sex come to accept who they really are,  

Most women right group and activist would not like to hear things like this, Beware of them ( Remember mama na boy the MTN advert?)
Re: Why Are Men World Leaders? Are They More Intelligent Than Women? by Beaf: 2:18am On Jun 13, 2009
Ask any male child who he fears and respects most, It would be his dad. Why? His dad has the physical and hormonal attributes to wrench seven devils out of him should his head turn wrong. His mums smaller voice really does'nt do it. The whole thing begins from birth.

This is where the man the upper hand; a more imposing physical build, a deeper voice, the likelyhood to take riskier actions, the likelyhood to be more competitive (have you seen responsible grown men at red lights? One foot on the throttle, feather touch on the clutch?).

On average women are much better communicators, where men are much more forceful.

It really is sad that women don't get as many opportunities as they deserve and talents can go unrealised. We can't escape it, its the law of the jungle; the biggest male always leads the lion pack.

Men should always have these things in mind and be cortious and supportive.

Men, bring your sons up to respect women, we owe them several debts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / How Can I Change Back To My Mtn Extra Connect Tariff? / Whew, I Love Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.