Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,344 members, 7,829,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators (25017 Views)

Gionee M5 Vs Techno Camon C9 / Compare Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Gionee Marathon M5 Plus / Infinix Hot Note Pro 32gig + 2gig Vs Gionee M5 Vs Infinix Big 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
jnichole:
get ready the giant is coming back next year

Like BlackBerry did? When u leave the game for too long its not easy to get back on top. The game has changed, we are no longer in the era of Nokia 5700
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by jnichole(m): 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
greenhulk:

Like BlackBerry did? When u leave the game for too long its not easy to get back on top. The game has changed, we are no longer in the era of Nokia 5700
blackberry did theirs but with a very expensive flagship the priv
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
jnichole:
blackberry did theirs but with a very expensive flagship the priv

How many priv have BlackBerry sold? It's a new device, amidst too expensive, yet it is not better than a galaxy s6 edge or galaxy note 5. The priv will be bought mostly by BlackBerry fans, I don't see it selling half of what galaxy s6 sold.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by jnichole(m): 5:04am On Dec 31, 2015
greenhulk:

How many priv have BlackBerry sold? It's a new device, amidst too expensive, yet it is not better than a galaxy s6 edge or galaxy note 5. The priv will be bought mostly by BlackBerry fans, I don't see it selling half of what galaxy s6 sold.
nokia wont make that mistake
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 31, 2015
jnichole:
nokia wont make that mistake

We have to wait and see.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Youngpo413: 7:45am On Dec 31, 2015
killzone:
it's a 3000mah on 3G last me like 6-8hrs
that means it will last 12 to 16hrs on 2G,that's impressive. I use EDGE always.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 8:04am On Dec 31, 2015
Youngpo413:
that means it will last 12 to 16hrs on 2G,that's impressive. I use EDGE always.
school in ilorin have to use 3G even with 3G we are seeing speed of 20-10kbps
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by lloydhassan(m): 8:11am On Dec 31, 2015
I used to be d adamant type believing in big big brand names (Samsung,HTC,blackberry,iPhone,)...
If u wan buy fone... Just buy d gionee m5 jeje... Na simple advice thou...
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by BenKafor(m): 11:18am On Dec 31, 2015
Yeah for Camon C8

daphid25:

Heard an update will be rolled up by february
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by PhonePlanet(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2015
killzone:

Winner : it’s the Galaxy J7.

Software

Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 runs on lollipop which has been customized to The Amigo v3.1 which has been found to be fluid and easy to navigate and the AMOLED display makes the user interface more vibrant and colourful.

Samsung Galaxy J7
Samsung phones run on TouchWiz as we all know. The problem of TouchWiz in the past is that it makes the phone lags. But with the Galaxy J7 I haven’t experienced any lagging, most of the S features have been removed, all the ones you can think of smart stay, smart pause, multi window. All of them which makes the interface very fluid.

Winner : tie

Overall both phones are excellent in their areas, if you want a phone that will last longer for a day get the Gionee Marathon M5 but if you are a camera freak and a gamer you can get the galaxy J7.

Source: Naijakick.Com

Kudos to Hotdiamond for the Gionee Marathon M5 review. He is the one that made this possible.

Dude! How can the software be a tie? What did you write for the m5 that the J7 lacks? Meanwhile there are things like "theme" that the M5 lacks!!
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Hotdiamond(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Dude! How can the software be a tie? What did you write for the m5 that the J7 lacks? Meanwhile there are things like "theme" that the M5 lacks!!
You have the chameleon app To theme your interface. Plus you can use a different launcher.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by donbenie(m): 11:35am On Dec 31, 2015
ifyeez:
Thats some low end phones, have you seen my LG L4 camera. You can't even compare with those things you call fones. #Expensiveshit
I believe comparing phones should be price appropriate,the G4 is at least twice the price of these two and should be compared with the S6 or Z5 for instance..
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by donbenie(m): 11:38am On Dec 31, 2015
killzone:
Yeah I think so too because I checked for Marathon M5 saw 2gb and 3Gb or is there a marathon m5 plus
The Indian version comes with the 3G Ram spec..
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by PhonePlanet(m): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
greenhulk:

Even if nokia release an android phone next year, they don't have a chance to dislodge Samsung. We saw what they did with their lumia phones, no real innovation apart from Carl zeiss camera. They have good designs but do does Samsung.

Pure view and Wireless charging made its debut on nokia lumia 920...which is a true innovation every phone now has or wants to have.

Clearblack technology and the first use of AMOLED and super AMOLED technology in its. Major form was by nokia on nokia phones!

Lumia 950 this year came with triple flash and iris scanner... (Tho this is under microsoft)

Because lumia's are not popular...most people fail to acknowledge some innovation to them.

You should know Nokia makes more money of patents!

Including the very popular NFC that's is used for payments now, was made by Nokia.

And since you like evidence....here are the links......

m.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920-windows-phone-officially-announced

m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2171451/nokia-makes-money-licensing-patents-lumia-sales
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by PhonePlanet(m): 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hotdiamond:

You have the chameleon app To theme your interface. Plus you can use a different launcher.
Yh it changes the home page not the whole interface!! Down to settings, messages and phone...
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
PhonePlanet:

sorry sir you can do your own review
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Pure view and Wireless charging made its debut on nokia lumia 920...which is a true innovation every phone now has or wants to have.

Clearblack technology and the first use of AMOLED and super AMOLED technology in its. Major form was by nokia on nokia phones!

Lumia 950 this year came with triple flash and iris scanner... (Tho this is under microsoft)

Because lumia's are not popular...most people fail to acknowledge some innovation to them.

You should know Nokia makes more money of patents!

Including the very popular NFC that's is used for payments now, was made by Nokia.

And since you like evidence....here are the links......

m.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920-windows-phone-officially-announced

m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2171451/nokia-makes-money-licensing-patents-lumia-sales

Preview is just a word invented by Nokia. Trust me I had a lumia 920 that I used for 14 months before giving it away. The camera was OK, but not that spectacular, no preview (though it was just 8mp which was what was tending then). Still nothing close to the preview 808. Even the lumia 1020 with pureview took great pictures but at what price? The camera is so bulky and took a toll on the phone's size and weight. I definitely don't wanna be carrying that around, I'd rather carry a lighter phone that take decent pictures, and if I want best photos I'll carry a DSLR camera.

Though Nokia made the fist amoled screen phone with the Nokia N87, it still doesn't mean they make phones with the best display. Clear back is good, but Samsung have perfected the amoled display that they even supply other oems with display. Lg made the first capacitive touchscreen phone with the LG Prada, but apple made capacitive touchscreen popular with the iPhone. Nokia made the first amoled screen, Samsung made it popular.

I still respect Nokia and I want to see them make a flagship android phone (not those Nokia x rubbish they released ), but I don't expect them to go straight to the top. There are lots of good phones put there, and the ones currently on top are not relenting. Just take a look at Sony, as big as they are they still struggle to make money from smartphone sales.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by babafrey: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
the j7 now sells for about 60k, more expensive than the gionee
olaide721:
I think there is a thread u said it goes for 42500 for M5 I mean and now u said 46k how come? What went wrong ?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by firstolalekan(m): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
killzone:
Went on my usual trip to nairaland as usual to laugh and saw a review about a phone the Gionee Marathon M5,the guys review was nice tho I was impressed. Then I considered the fact since the Gionee Marathon M5 and Galaxy J7 are at the same price range. Let’s do a comparison the Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7.

Samsung Galaxy J7 Key features
-Dual-SIM phone
-5.5″ Super AMOLED of 720 x 1,280px resolution, ~267ppi
-Snapdragon 615 version: 64-bit chipset, octa-core Cortex-A53 processor (four cores at 1.5GHz and four at 1GHz); Adreno 405 GPU;
-1.5GB of RAM
-Android 5.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz, theme support
-13MP with f1.9 aperture camera capable of 1080p video recording, 5MP with f2.2 aperture front-facing camera, 1080p video
-16GB of built-in storage
-Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1, ANT+
-3,000mAh battery

Gionee Marathon M5
Dual-SIM phone
-5.5″AMOLED of 720 x 1,280px resolution, ~267ppi with corning gorilla glass 3.
-2GB RAM with 32GB internal storage.
-MediaTek MT6735 quad core chipset
-battery 6000Mah
-Android OSv5.1 with amigo v5.1
-Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot Bluetoothv4.0, A2DP.

Let’s take a critical look at the phones.
Design
Gionee Marathon M5
The m5 weighs 211g and measures at 8.5 mm in thickness, which is surprising for a 6000 mAh battery smartphone in 2015.
The 4.7mm edges compensates for the weight giving it a somewhat slim profile.

The device has a very solid case and we’ll built (like a tank) and it feels strong .it features a non removable metal back cover. It has a metal frame and it’s quite comfortable to use with one hand.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Samsung Galaxy J7 measures 152.2 x 78.7 x 7.5mm (7.9mm on some versions). It’s also 30g heavier at 171g. The device doesn’t feel heavy tho but I have small hands so they don’t really fit but its quite comfortable. It features a removable back cover and This all gives it a bulkier feel and the all-plastic exterior gives away its lower position in the pecking order.

Winner : The Galaxy J7 it’s thinner and much comfortable in your hands.

Display

Before we begin I would like to discuss the difference between the amoled and super amoled display.
Super AMOLED also better brightness and battery life than amoled displays. And Super Amoled are only used by Samsung phones.

Gionee Marathon M5
The m5 features a 5.5 inch AMOLED OGS panel, with a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution .
The display is protected with corning gorilla glass 3 which is less prone to scratches.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Samsung Galaxy J7 comes with a large Super AMOLED display. In recent years, these have become known for their accurate colors, great sunlight legibility and excellent quality though this particular 5.5″ screen has only 720p resolution.

Winner :it’s a draw for me the marathon m5 comes with Gorilla glass 3 in case of scratches while the galaxy J7 has super amoled display which makes colours more brighter.

Audio Quality
Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 produces very clear loud and clean sound output and no muffled, distorted or tiny sound. The headphones are elegant, comfortable and offer great noise canceling and bass.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The smartphone produced had perfectly clean output and above average volume levels here to round up a great showing and with earpiece it’s a whole new level.

Winner : tie

Battery and power consumption

Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 comes with a battery capacity of 6020mah and can last an average of 9-11 hours of screen on time.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Galaxy J7 comes with 3000mah and last an average of 6-8hrs of screen time.

Winner : the Gionee Marathon M5 beats the galaxy J7 hands down.

Performance
Gionee Marathon M5.
The marathon m5 comes with 2GB Of RAM And a MT6735 quad core processor which isn’t that powerful.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Galaxy J7 comes with 1.5GB RAM and has a snapdragon 615 processor.
[s]
Winner : the galaxy J7 comes with a snapdragon 615 octacore processor which is a 64bit chipset even though it’s not a 2GB RAM phone, the processor compensate for that.
[/s]
You're so fûcking wrong

There is m5 with 3gb ram and 32gb rom
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by olanreyman(m): 10:20am On Jun 09, 2016
Pls how much does the j7 cost now
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Deeni131: 3:24am On Jun 22, 2016
killzone:
bought my galaxy j7 for 48k and the Gionee Marathon M5 goes for 46k

hey bro, pls tell me about Samsung j7 while gaming, does it lag or heated? cos I have videos on YouTube saying that Gionee m5 gets heated while gaming.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Madrededios(f): 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
Pls I can't make up my mind between the Samsung J7 and Gionee M5? Price seems to be an issue with the J7 (82,000) but am on the lookout for a quality phone...
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Obas101(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2016
Madrededios:
Pls I can't make up my mind between the Samsung J7 and Gionee M5? Price seems to be an issue with the J7 (82,000) but am on the lookout for a quality phone...
If you are always on phone. I will advise you to buy M5. Ba3 is wack on j7 u will regret it trust me
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by FellaL: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
"How's the J7 a gladiator?"

Thinking out loud.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Madrededios(f): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2017
Good morning, OP. I know this isn't the thread for it but I have been using the galaxy j7 for a year now and it was fine until recently when it started overheating and lagging. I wanted to ask if you still have the device and if you've experienced similar issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Glo Data Free Day Experience (photos) / Google Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL: Photos, Specs, Prices And More / MTN Illegally Transferred 'mind Boggling' Sum Out Of Nigeria- Yahoo News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.