Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,398 members, 7,830,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators (25019 Views)

Gionee M5 Vs Techno Camon C9 / Compare Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Gionee Marathon M5 Plus / Infinix Hot Note Pro 32gig + 2gig Vs Gionee M5 Vs Infinix Big 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by digitite: 10:04am On Dec 30, 2015
cruzita:
even if dem dash me money to buy any of these phones I no go buy any one .

Since you don't know the value.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by 247Dior(m): 10:04am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
Went on my usual trip to nairaland as usual to laugh and saw a review about a phone the Gionee Marathon M5,the guys review was nice tho I was impressed. Then I considered the fact since the Gionee Marathon M5 and Galaxy J7 are at the same price range. Let’s do a comparison the Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7.

Samsung Galaxy J7 Key features
-Dual-SIM phone
-5.5″ Super AMOLED of 720 x 1,280px resolution, ~267ppi
-Snapdragon 615 version: 64-bit chipset, octa-core Cortex-A53 processor (four cores at 1.5GHz and four at 1GHz); Adreno 405 GPU;
-1.5GB of RAM
-Android 5.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz, theme support
-13MP with f1.9 aperture camera capable of 1080p video recording, 5MP with f2.2 aperture front-facing camera, 1080p video
-16GB of built-in storage
-Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1, ANT+
-3,000mAh battery

Gionee Marathon M5
Dual-SIM phone
-5.5″AMOLED of 720 x 1,280px resolution, ~267ppi with corning gorilla glass 3.
-2GB RAM with 32GB internal storage.
-MediaTek MT6735 quad core chipset
-battery 6000Mah
-Android OSv5.1 with amigo v5.1
-Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot Bluetoothv4.0, A2DP.

Let’s take a critical look at the phones.
Design
Gionee Marathon M5
The m5 weighs 211g and measures at 8.5 mm in thickness, which is surprising for a 6000 mAh battery smartphone in 2015.
The 4.7mm edges compensates for the weight giving it a somewhat slim profile.

The device has a very solid case and we’ll built (like a tank) and it feels strong .it features a non removable metal back cover. It has a metal frame and it’s quite comfortable to use with one hand.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Samsung Galaxy J7 measures 152.2 x 78.7 x 7.5mm (7.9mm on some versions). It’s also 30g heavier at 171g. The device doesn’t feel heavy tho but I have small hands so they don’t really fit but its quite comfortable. It features a removable back cover and This all gives it a bulkier feel and the all-plastic exterior gives away its lower position in the pecking order.

Winner : The Galaxy J7 it’s thinner and much comfortable in your hands.

Display

Before we begin I would like to discuss the difference between the amoled and super amoled display.
Super AMOLED also better brightness and battery life than amoled displays. And Super Amoled are only used by Samsung phones.

Gionee Marathon M5
The m5 features a 5.5 inch AMOLED OGS panel, with a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution .
The display is protected with corning gorilla glass 3 which is less prone to scratches.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Samsung Galaxy J7 comes with a large Super AMOLED display. In recent years, these have become known for their accurate colors, great sunlight legibility and excellent quality though this particular 5.5″ screen has only 720p resolution.

Winner :it’s a draw for me the marathon m5 comes with Gorilla glass 3 in case of scratches while the galaxy J7 has super amoled display which makes colours more brighter.

Audio Quality
Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 produces very clear loud and clean sound output and no muffled, distorted or tiny sound. The headphones are elegant, comfortable and offer great noise canceling and bass.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The smartphone produced had perfectly clean output and above average volume levels here to round up a great showing and with earpiece it’s a whole new level.

Winner : tie

Battery and power consumption

Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 comes with a battery capacity of 6020mah and can last an average of 9-11 hours of screen on time.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Galaxy J7 comes with 3000mah and last an average of 6-8hrs of screen time.

Winner : the Gionee Marathon M5 beats the galaxy J7 hands down.

Performance
Gionee Marathon M5.
The marathon m5 comes with 2GB Of RAM And a MT6735 quad core processor which isn’t that powerful.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Galaxy J7 comes with 1.5GB RAM and has a snapdragon 615 processor.

Winner : the galaxy J7 comes with a snapdragon 615 octacore processor which is a 64bit chipset even though it’s not a 2GB RAM phone, the processor compensate for that.
nice review bro..... naturally I would prefer going for the Samsung but I'm using a Samsung galaxy grand prime which lags a lot, so how long have u used the j5 to be sure it wunt lag? coz if ur a heavy user like me it can take up to a month before the lag starts........
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Obas101(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
bought my galaxy j7 for 48k and the Gionee Marathon M5 goes for 46k
please can u compare this two phones with the infinix zero 3. i intend buying a phone within this price range. and also im not concerned with body design so far that's what people have been complaining about in the infinix zero 3
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by ifyeez: 10:16am On Dec 30, 2015
Thats some low end phones, have you seen my LG L4 camera. You can't even compare with those things you call fones. #Expensiveshit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by mindtricks: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2015
greenhulk:
Guy u try, but phone dogfights are not done that way. U need to have both phones in ur hand to be able to make a comparison. It doesn't make sense comparing just on specs and other people's review. Just look at the camera shootout, u had to lift a picture taken by another reviewer and compare with urs. Picture quality are based on lots of factors. The environment, the lightning condition etc. So it would have been better if u had both phones and take pictures at the same environmental and lighting conditions.

Mind dropping a few lines, your comparison of these devices.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 10:20am On Dec 30, 2015
247Dior:
nice review bro..... naturally I would prefer going for the Samsung but I'm using a Samsung galaxy grand prime which lags a lot, so how long have u used the j5 to be sure it wunt lag? coz if ur a heavy user like me it can take up to a month before the lag starts........
should be 3 months now
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 10:22am On Dec 30, 2015
Obas101:

please can u compare this two phones with the infinix zero 3. i intend buying a phone within this price range. and also im not concerned with body design so far that's what people have been complaining about in the infinix zero 3
I will try my best to do that
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Kingsley10000: 10:23am On Dec 30, 2015
my Samsung note 10.1 is still the best
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by mindtricks: 10:24am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
shey Samsung camera are just I don't even know how to describe them, wanted to get a j5 but I reconsidered and got a j7 instead

What is your battery life like? J7
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Obas101(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
I will try my best to do that
aight, pls when you do, do refer me to it
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Wolfbrother(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:

Performance
Gionee Marathon M5.
The marathon m5 comes with 2GB Of RAM And a MT6735 quad core processor which isn’t that powerful.

Samsung Galaxy J7

Winner : the galaxy J7 comes with a snapdragon 615 octacore processor which is a 64bit chipset even though it’s not a 2GB RAM phone, the processor compensate for that.

all these octa core phones tend to overheat , is it the same with this one?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by ifechez: 10:30am On Dec 30, 2015
WHERE DID YOU BUY YOUR J7? IT SELLS 58K IN THE SAMSUNG SHOP NEAR MY OFFICE, AM IN PH THOUGH.

WHO KNOWS WHERE I CAN BUY IT CHEAPER IN PH?

THANKS
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by vickysolo(m): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2015
I THINK THIS PHONE IS OF TWO VARIANT THERE IS ONE WHICH IS OF 3GB, I MEAN GIONEE M5
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 30, 2015
ifyeez:
Thats some low end phones, have you seen my LG L4 camera. You can't even compare with those things you call fones. #Expensiveshit

Why don't u compare your G4 with the higher end versions of Gionee and Samsung?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by joek(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2015
Pls guys is Techno camon 8 gud?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 10:52am On Dec 30, 2015
Wolfbrother:

all these octa core phones tend to overheat , is it the same with this one?
nope the snapdragon Octa Core doesn't have overheating issues
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2015
mindtricks:

What is your battery life like? J7
it's a 3000mah on 3G last me like 6-8hrs
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 10:54am On Dec 30, 2015
ifyeez:
you know there's a difference between mid range and flagship the Gionee Marathon M5 and Samsung Galaxy j7 are mid range phones bringing a flagship like LG G4 to compare with them is just wrong
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 10:55am On Dec 30, 2015
joek:
depends on what you want to use it for
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2015
vickysolo:
I THINK THIS PHONE IS OF TWO VARIANT THERE IS ONE WHICH IS OF 3GB, I MEAN GIONEE M5
Yeah I think so too because I checked for Marathon M5 saw 2gb and 3Gb or is there a marathon m5 plus
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2015
ifechez:
WHERE DID YOU BUY YOUR J7? IT SELLS 58K IN THE SAMSUNG SHOP NEAR MY OFFICE, AM IN PH THOUGH.

THANKS
bought it in a Samsung office in ilorin
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by ifechez: 10:56am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
Went on my usual trip to nairaland as usual to laugh and saw a review about a phone the Gionee Marathon M5,the guys review was nice tho I was impressed. Then I considered the fact since the Gionee Marathon M5 and Galaxy J7 are at the same price range. Let’s do a comparison the Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7.

Samsung Galaxy J7 Key features
-Dual-SIM phone
-5.5″ Super AMOLED of 720 x 1,280px resolution, ~267ppi
-Snapdragon 615 version: 64-bit chipset, octa-core Cortex-A53 processor (four cores at 1.5GHz and four at 1GHz); Adreno 405 GPU;
-1.5GB of RAM
-Android 5.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz, theme support
-13MP with f1.9 aperture camera capable of 1080p video recording, 5MP with f2.2 aperture front-facing camera, 1080p video
-16GB of built-in storage
-Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1, ANT+
-3,000mAh battery

Gionee Marathon M5
Dual-SIM phone
-5.5″AMOLED of 720 x 1,280px resolution, ~267ppi with corning gorilla glass 3.
-2GB RAM with 32GB internal storage.
-MediaTek MT6735 quad core chipset
-battery 6000Mah
-Android OSv5.1 with amigo v5.1
-Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot Bluetoothv4.0, A2DP.

Let’s take a critical look at the phones.
Design
Gionee Marathon M5
The m5 weighs 211g and measures at 8.5 mm in thickness, which is surprising for a 6000 mAh battery smartphone in 2015.
The 4.7mm edges compensates for the weight giving it a somewhat slim profile.

The device has a very solid case and we’ll built (like a tank) and it feels strong .it features a non removable metal back cover. It has a metal frame and it’s quite comfortable to use with one hand.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Samsung Galaxy J7 measures 152.2 x 78.7 x 7.5mm (7.9mm on some versions). It’s also 30g heavier at 171g. The device doesn’t feel heavy tho but I have small hands so they don’t really fit but its quite comfortable. It features a removable back cover and This all gives it a bulkier feel and the all-plastic exterior gives away its lower position in the pecking order.

Winner : The Galaxy J7 it’s thinner and much comfortable in your hands.

Display

Before we begin I would like to discuss the difference between the amoled and super amoled display.
Super AMOLED also better brightness and battery life than amoled displays. And Super Amoled are only used by Samsung phones.

Gionee Marathon M5
The m5 features a 5.5 inch AMOLED OGS panel, with a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution .
The display is protected with corning gorilla glass 3 which is less prone to scratches.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Samsung Galaxy J7 comes with a large Super AMOLED display. In recent years, these have become known for their accurate colors, great sunlight legibility and excellent quality though this particular 5.5″ screen has only 720p resolution.

Winner :it’s a draw for me the marathon m5 comes with Gorilla glass 3 in case of scratches while the galaxy J7 has super amoled display which makes colours more brighter.

Audio Quality
Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 produces very clear loud and clean sound output and no muffled, distorted or tiny sound. The headphones are elegant, comfortable and offer great noise canceling and bass.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The smartphone produced had perfectly clean output and above average volume levels here to round up a great showing and with earpiece it’s a whole new level.

Winner : tie

Battery and power consumption

Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 comes with a battery capacity of 6020mah and can last an average of 9-11 hours of screen on time.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Galaxy J7 comes with 3000mah and last an average of 6-8hrs of screen time.

Winner : the Gionee Marathon M5 beats the galaxy J7 hands down.

Performance
Gionee Marathon M5.

Samsung Galaxy J7

THANKS
Obas101:

aight, pls when you do, do refer me to it
I will
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by ifechez: 10:58am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
bought it in a Samsung office in ilorin

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

HOW MUCH DID YOU BUY IT?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 11:00am On Dec 30, 2015
ifechez:

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

HOW MUCH DID YOU BUY IT?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by kennydee05(m): 11:03am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
13MP with f1.9 aperture camera capable of 1080p video recording, 5MP with f2.2 aperture front-facing camera, 1080p video.
Here are Camera samples

With flash (in the night)
Omo CIS from Unilorin una well done ooo
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2015
kennydee05:

Omo CIS from Unilorin una well done ooo
loll unilorin student too right, I knew someone will recognize the Id card
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Tallesty1(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2015
GeniusDavid:
Dude, Gionee still runs on MTK...
So
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Tallesty1(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2015
joek:
Yes bro
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by kennydee05(m): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
loll unilorin student too right, I knew someone will recognize the Id card
Yeah, an alumnus

But now back to CIS
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by honsule(m): 11:37am On Dec 30, 2015
GeniusDavid:
Dude, Gionee still runs on MTK...

that is why i like the phone. i can easily tweak the imei and use bis...
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2015
kennydee05:

Yeah, an alumnus

But now back to CIS
what happened to it sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Glo Data Free Day Experience (photos) / Google Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL: Photos, Specs, Prices And More / MTN Illegally Transferred 'mind Boggling' Sum Out Of Nigeria- Yahoo News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.