Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? (57023 Views)

Buhari’s Plans For Niger Delta, Militants — Osinbajo / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? / Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Nicepoker(m): 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
According to the dull.ard. If crude prizes continue to drop. Nigeria won't be able to achieve anything. For those f00ls from other parasitic region. The country is still depending on crude oil.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ilovemystate:
Anambra home of commerce

Are you sure that first picture was taken in Anambra?.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by wristbangle: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
NakedEve:

My Igbo neighbours r marrying white men.
I think this is the reason Igbo men r stranded n HV to go for Yoruba girls.
I am not so 100% sure tho. Just a thot.

Hmm.. I have lost counts of yoruba ladies getting married to white men also.

I feel the Igbos families shouldn't make life difficult for their daughters because I feel sober when I see the huge number of them still single at 40.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
The ND will be fine. Apparently they weren't seeing enough of the proceeds from their oil money in the first place. Hence the constant agitation. So, the fact is they will not be particularly affected by the price of oil slumping. Since we are sooooo federalized, everyone will carry the weight equally.

Decentralized governance is the way to go tho

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by unstableaswater: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
wristbangle:

I feel the Igbos families shouldn't make life difficult for their daughters because I feel sober when I see the huge number of them still single at 40.

Again if your not from the Eastern part of Nigeria or Igbo then your advise is best served in your region that have the highest number of single baby mamas and beggars in Nigeria.

Yorubas obsess over party and as such marriage is just another excuse of a party.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by NakedEve: 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
wristbangle:

No mind those Igbo bitches. dem like money that y at 40 dem Neva marry.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by unstableaswater: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
NakedEve:

My Igbo neighbours r marrying white men.
I think this is the reason Igbo men r stranded n HV to go for Yoruba girls.
I am not so 100% sure tho. Just a thot.

Igbo men, Igbo women! All day long, everyday, 24/7.

Your APE YORUBA brain cannot go beyond that level.

This is why u love one Nigeria, it is an APE Paradise.

Nothing again in the world that is relevant just Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by favourlove1: 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
Y mention niger delta? It should have been what is next for nigeria? Na only niger delta dey suffer am? Those people would refine n sell to fellow nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by IamThrive(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
They will go back to fishing since they couldn't maximized the golden opportunity placed on their hand.

Dubai got most of the money they used to develop their country via fishing. Why can't Nigeria do same?

#CorruptionMeansLivingInBondage
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by lumeneng22: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
My broda, what happiness to Yoruba when cocoa house turn to refuse dump? What happiness to hausaland when groundnut pyramids vanish into thin air? abi them de lazy pass aboki? and so on and so forth. Noting go happiness.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
Bryan37:

On point bro

Igbos re doing wonders without Oil

D way things are going, NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC will be voluntarily handed to them cos they will be so parasitic and lazy @ d same time.

Our oyel pple
pls show me the wonders u're doing?
And also ND re not parasitic or lazy dont say things you know nothing abt
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by gbrown(m): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
asorocker:

I can agree with you on borno state, borno is actually the richest state agriculturally only if boko haram can allow borno to work. Nigeria will have beans, fresh water fish and onion in very ample export quantity and quality.
As for Zaria the Zaria people are lazy.
Plateau is the second richest state agriculturally in Nigeria. If only the herdsmen can allow them farm export ready salad fruits and vegetables.

Forget jigawa
what do you mean by forget jigawa? Have you ever set foot on jigawa soil? Have you visited kazuare town in jigawa? Kazuare is a fresh water fish heaven, whatever quantity you want can be supplied at short notice, travel to keffi hausa and ringim the abundance of tomatoes is astounding, they practically throw baskets away, a visionary leader can set up a tomatoes paste factory in jigawa
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by asorocker: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
gbrown:

what do you mean by forget jigawa? Have you ever set foot on jigawa soil? Have you visited kazuare town in jigawa? Kazuare is a fresh water fish heaven, whatever quantity you want can be supplied at short notice, travel to keffi hausa and ringim the abundance of tomatoes is astounding, they practically throw baskets away, a visionary leader can set up a tomatoes paste factory in jigawa
I have been to dutse, and kazaure
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by olutunde12(m): 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
The question should be, "What becomes of Nigeria?"

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by shaboti: 9:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
I dont know know and I dont care.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
[my friend Bryan1234, if I call you witch hope you will not be angry .I wonder the state you are from.There is no state in Nigeria that does not depend 100% on oil, so try an reduce the jealousy you have for the Niger Deltians/SS people and pray for improvement on oyel price because your state does not have anything , dry state.]
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by shammah1(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
you forgot to add Plateau State with one of the largest agricultural capacity in Nigeria.
asorocker:
The decline of the oil industry is going to be worse on the states of Lagos and kano.

Lagos because an analysis of the igr of Lagos shows that Lagos derived it's revenue from the income tax and the income tax bulk is from the oil workers whose offices are in Lagos.
The oil and gas component of the Lagos igr is more than 40% of the igr. Income tax paid by high earning oil and gas industry executive who gross average of N5m monthly has helped Lagos

Secondly kano will be the worst hit as the only state whose take home is equivalent to the take home of niger delta states with their 13% derivative.

Kano doesn't have the human capital to generate income tax.

Third state /city is Abuja. It is said that Abuja was built with oil money, where would the money to sustain and maintain Abuja come from if not the same money from niger delta.

Some states like kwara, benue, adamawa can easily with agriculture fight the downturn of their economy, how would sokoto, yobe, jigawa whose populace don't farm and whose land is far from economic centres for export of agricultural products survive.

The next in line are the hausa cities of katsina, batching, kaduna who benefitted from the lopsided federal allocations. Now that the oil wealth is going and there is no human capital we hope they will not turn to insurgency as a means of raising attention and revenue.

The states that would enjoy and be kings in the new dispensation.

Anambra, Nigeria's brain box and commercial hub will have its non oil economy growth unequalled and unrivaled. Anambra survived with no oil allocation managed the little it had and built an enabling environment for investments.

Akwa Ibom, this state was blessed with resources and good managers who used it very well to grow infrastructure and are currently working on a sea port.

Abia this state hosts aba, Nigeria's city of enterprise and football, aba is living beyond oil already.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by ELGREF(m): 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
[quot. Lagos state can feed south west without oil and kano state can feed his region without oil....I have been there....but Abuja I can't say....but to be sincere to our self ss suppose great as Dubai, upon 13% Allocation,NDDC,ministry of Niger delter..... That place can't afford standard road network, avoidable Housing unit, world class university, world class hospital, big farm settlement, industrial,their governors can sponsor as much as able youth to become international expatriate like isreal, India, China.....they can use available money to turn that region to Dubai.....lord I declare common sense to that region for in Jesus name I pray
[/quote]
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
I have nothing against you, am only correcting your wrong impression
wristbangle:

Thanks boss.

I am eating my local rice (Ofada rice), and d cat fish I reared.

Will u join me for dinner? I hope u won't say my stew is ofe-mmanu cool
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Blizzy9ja: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Around 30% of the 2016 budget would be funded via taxes (almost times two of money funded by oil),and you would agree with me that a huge majority of Nigeria's taxes are paid in the southwest.
And dat huge amount cannot be up to 15% and den wat abt d others? u can't tell me south westerners are the only tax payers on Nigeria... A'hole u still a fvcking parasite.... lazy a$$ people
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by 1miccza: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
Bryan37:
It's no news that only 13% of 2016 budget will be funded by the SALE of Crude

Which means that Nigeria is gradually diversifying its economy away from the Oil sector which is expected to even "nose down more". By d time Iran starts pumping their Oil into the international Market, also with d demand for cleaner energy rising day by day and d Cost becoming cheaper and cheaper, I can tell u that in d Next 20 yrs a bucket of Clean water may worth more than a bucket of toxic crude.

What will become of ND a report that has been raped by the Nigeria Government for the past 10 decade

I keep wondering if d OIL was a gift or a curse to this region which made them so Lazy, Corrupt and underdeveloped. Infact d most popular Slogan in d Niger Delta is " our oyel".

The only time ND man is considered in the scheme of things in Nigeria is compensation because of their Oil. Eg emergence of Goodluck Jonathan etc,

Now that the value is gradually diminishing and d reseRve trying, you wonder if this region has done enough or if they are prepared for the storm coming their way.

I must confess, am happy we re moving away from Oil and you are happy too but what will become of our brothers who only relevant is dependent on CRUDE

They would have no choice than to go back to agriculture
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
[my friend Bryan1234, if I call you witch hope you will not be angry .I wonder the state you are from.There is no state in Nigeria that does not depend 100% on oil, so try an reduce the jealousy you have for the Niger Deltians/SS people and pray for improvement on oyel price because your state does not have anything , dry state.]
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by sotyuzono(m): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
I am Proud to be an Ijaw Man frm the Niger Delta, we can are so blessed that we can survive without crude oil.

GAS: we have enough gas reserves wich wen the NLNG in brass is completted and the NLNG in bonny we can process and export OUR GAS to other countries and even distributed locally.

TOURISM: Niger delta is very rich in tourism from calabar to Akwa ibom to Rivers state and others. We can survive wif OUR TOURISM

AGRICULTURE: we have the highest amount of Rain fall in Nigeria with this on our side we can use the Money from OUR GAS to commercialize OUR AGRICULTURE. For fishing I no need tok dt one

SEA PORTS we have the Minister of transport who has promised to complete the Ibaka sea port in Oron Akwa ibom and also revive the port harcourt sea port so we can survive with OUR SEA PORTS

AKANKPA GRANITE: am sure the OP is nt aware of a place called Akankpa in cross rivers state that boost of large deposite of Granite.

Plss OP we Niger Deltans we are not Lazy
Plss OP we say our oil because it is ours nd I guess u dnt knw wat we pass tru because of this oil.

Plss OP b guided don't stay in the comfort of ur Room and criticize and call a people Names wen u have nt visited them

1 Like

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by wadremremmy: 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
I don't know if they have cashew nut, nigeria base on that now... Just check out, ND don't finished

Bryan37:
It's no news that only 13% of 2016 budget will be funded by the SALE of Crude

Which means that Nigeria is gradually diversifying its economy away from the Oil sector which is expected to even "nose down more". By d time Iran starts pumping their Oil into the international Market, also with d demand for cleaner energy rising day by day and d Cost becoming cheaper and cheaper, I can tell u that in d Next 20 yrs a bucket of Clean water may worth more than a bucket of toxic crude.

What will become of ND a report that has been raped by the Nigeria Government for the past 10 decade

I keep wondering if d OIL was a gift or a curse to this region which made them so Lazy, Corrupt and underdeveloped. Infact d most popular Slogan in d Niger Delta is " our oyel".

The only time ND man is considered in the scheme of things in Nigeria is compensation because of their Oil. Eg emergence of Goodluck Jonathan etc,

Now that the value is gradually diminishing and d reseRve trying, you wonder if this region has done enough or if they are prepared for the storm coming their way.

I must confess, am happy we re moving away from Oil and you are happy too but what will become of our brothers who only relevant is dependent on CRUDE

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by mashnino(m): 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
asorocker:
The decline of the oil industry is going to be worse on the states of Lagos and kano.

Lagos because an analysis of the igr of Lagos shows that Lagos derived it's revenue from the income tax and the income tax bulk is from the oil workers whose offices are in Lagos.
The oil and gas component of the Lagos igr is more than 40% of the igr. Income tax paid by high earning oil and gas industry executive who gross average of N5m monthly has helped Lagos

Secondly kano will be the worst hit as the only state whose take home is equivalent to the take home of niger delta states with their 13% derivative.

Kano doesn't have the human capital to generate income tax.

Third state /city is Abuja. It is said that Abuja was built with oil money, where would the money to sustain and maintain Abuja come from if not the same money from niger delta.

Some states like kwara, benue, adamawa can easily with agriculture fight the downturn of their economy, how would sokoto, yobe, jigawa whose populace don't farm and whose land is far from economic centres for export of agricultural products survive.

The next in line are the hausa cities of katsina, batching, kaduna who benefitted from the lopsided federal allocations. Now that the oil wealth is going and there is no human capital we hope they will not turn to insurgency as a means of raising attention and revenue.

The states that would enjoy and be kings in the new dispensation.

Anambra, Nigeria's brain box and commercial hub will have its non oil economy growth unequalled and unrivaled. Anambra survived with no oil allocation managed the little it had and built an enabling environment for investments.

Akwa Ibom, this state was blessed with resources and good managers who used it very well to grow infrastructure and are currently working on a sea port.

Abia this state hosts aba, Nigeria's city of enterprise and football, aba is living beyond oil already.

Hahahahahaha

Dis one is mad.. Oga don't worry abt the north..

I promise you the north is blessed with abundance..

No state in the north will suffer except they chose to
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by vRendoh(m): 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Niger Delta is very rich. Before crude oil we were rich in palm oil. In fact, we were called Oil Rivers(Rivers, Warri and Bayelsa states) for a reason. We have rich lland for agriculture and our waters were used for fishing. Though our land and waters have been polluted due to oil exploration. We are rich in gas with abundant gas reserve. Whether oil become worthless or not we won't suffer. We will only adjust.

Most importantly, we have access to see and can easily capitalised on it.

@OP cry not for the Niger Delta. We will do just fine!

Good work.
Also let the owners of the land manage the worthless oil as so describe by you OP. The Oil is worthless and the PRESIDENT made himself minister of Oil and Gas!. Fake country.
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by wristbangle: 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
DikeOha882:
I have nothing against you, am only correcting your wrong impression

Okay brother
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Ilovemystate: 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Are you sure that first picture was taken in Anambra?.
Yes indusrial city of Nnewi (IVM)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Anthiga(m): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
Amberon:
I'm really tired of these people.
With all the ranting and paranoia, I just wish they could be given the independence they seek so the rest of us can have our peace but no, they are hell bent on giving you tales of how the languages of the south east and south south have similarities and how the north broke the regions into smaller bits to break the bonds of our unity. To sum it all up,'the south east/ibos/igbos' (whichever) with all ingenuity of it's indivual sons/daughters, still remains one of the poorly developed regions of nigeria. Then again they'd tell us they've never been allowed to rule. How can you rule when you have the 'crabs in a barrel syndrome', alienate yourselves and constantly suffer from paranoia. The Niger Delta would survive even when 'our Oye' dries up. Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
And dat huge amount cannot be up to 15% and den wat abt d others? u can't tell me south westerners are the only tax payers on Nigeria... A'hole u still a fvcking parasite.... lazy a$$ people

The sw actually accounts for over 70per of total taxpayers monies,majority of nigeria's taxes are from multi-national companies,and almost all of those companies are located in the west.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by Beadex1(m): 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
Have read from page 0 to this very last page at THE moment, nobody has mentioned about local and legal refineries. The IGR of Niger delta can rise 5 times than what we have now if the oil Is refined and exported to other countries, even selling the refined product within Nigeria Is a big gain for us talk less of exporting it out..... More than 120 million Nigerians make use of oil refined products

PLEASE WE SHOULD STOP BEING DAFT AND MYOPIC AND START THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX.... THE ANSWER AND SOLUTIONS TO NIGER DELTA PROBLEM IS RIGHT BEFORE US ........ This Is the time to rise(dakkada)
Re: Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta? by uckennety(m): 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
abduljabbar4:
If you think importing goods is what will build your economy, you are only decieving yourselves
tell dt 2 dubai!yEt d r beta dan naija

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Video Of Nnamdi Kanu In 2012 Saying: "We Can't Allow Anyone Tear Nigeria Apart" / Mc Oluomo Bans Illegal Agbero Taxes In Part Of Lagos, Following Protest / AIT Almost Yanked Reno Omokri Off The Air For Criticising Buhari Harshly (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.