Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Your Life: Do’s And Don’ts For Relationships In 2016 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Life: Do’s And Don’ts For Relationships In 2016 (452 Views)

Dos And Don’ts Of The First Date / A Woman Said 'YES', And Two Others Swooped On Me For Relationships / Is Faithfulness Only For Marriages And Not For Relationships? Need Answers Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Life: Do’s And Don’ts For Relationships In 2016 by dlivefeeds: 9:45am On Dec 30, 2015
What do I wish for you in the new year of 2016? The same things I wish for myself: To be intentional about the way I treat others, especially those closest to me. It is odd how we will treat strangers more politely than the people we say we love.

These are the things I want TO DO:

•To be respectful, which means to be supportive and encouraging, to be accepting of what someone tells me they need from me (or don't need) and to be accepting of who they are — as opposed to trying to make them over into my own image.

•To be a good listener — listening, not just to hear, but listening to understand, even when I do not agree.

•To be courteous and willing to negotiate differences rather than engage in arguments.

These are the things I want NOT TO DO.

•I don't want to be critical. Other people have the right to be different and do things their own way — and over the years I've learned my criticism never changes anyone. It only creates distance.

•I don't want to blame someone else for how I feel. Whatever my feelings and reactions are to someone else's behavior tells me something about me — and the feelings are my responsibility to manage in a way that doesn't hurt me or hurt another.

•I don't want to be a complainer. If there is a problem I want to take care of it, not whine about it.

•I don't want to threaten or punish.

•I don't want to bribe someone to do what I want them to do, because bribing is nothing more than rewarding someone so I can be in control.

All these things I wish — for myself and for you. And if we do this, we will create places of peace wherever we are — at work, at play, with those we say we love the most.

Written by a a licensed marriage and family therapist...http://www.thelivefeeds.com/

Useful? CC: lalasticlala,sihilove

1 Like

Re: Your Life: Do’s And Don’ts For Relationships In 2016 by PROVERBZ(m): 9:56am On Dec 30, 2015
kk i pray God helps u acomplish dis great feat
Re: Your Life: Do’s And Don’ts For Relationships In 2016 by obiorathesubtle: 9:58am On Dec 30, 2015
Lol. Check this thread after february 28.. Let's see if you're a man of your word.
Re: Your Life: Do’s And Don’ts For Relationships In 2016 by SINNZ(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2015
Every morning I wake up, I give God glory for being Single.
Re: Your Life: Do’s And Don’ts For Relationships In 2016 by muaa(f): 10:30am On Dec 30, 2015
Una nor dey taya. Peeps be making new resolutions every year.
Re: Your Life: Do’s And Don’ts For Relationships In 2016 by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2015
cool cool
SINNZ:
Every morning I wake up, I give God glory for being Single.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sentimental Love Song / 19 Year Old Part Time Olosho Busted Doing If For $5 / Ladies Secret: 10 Powerful Ways To Attract Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.