Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? (13308 Views)

Buhari Honoured With Leadership Newspaper's Person Of The Year (2015) Award / Assessment Of Some Nigerian Governors In The Year 2015 - Moses Ochonu / Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
The mundane year of 2015 has come and its embers are gradually cooling off. It is no secret that this year has been a most memorable year for Nigerians especially. We have recorded massive changes in politics, entertainment, religion, culture, etc. These changes were brought about by certain persons that have risen to the occasion and are now public figures, intellectuals, entertainers, religious personnels, etc. 2015 has been a historic year for all of us! It is not without help from certain persons no matter how small or great they are! Let us recognise such persons smiley

Each of us has been touched in different forms. Who are these persons that have touched or inspired us this year?

This is a personal question and answers should be based on what we all feel. Just state who is the public personality that inspired you or made a difference in the year 2015 and how s/he did so.

For example:
My public personality of the year 2015 is Seun Dominique Lalasticlala and it is due to their managerial competence, taciturn nature and unbiased moderation of public events. wink

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
I have some public personalities I would love to acknowledge for their efforts in the year 2015! These are in categories.

-In Politics
1. President Buhari: For changing the tide of politics in the nation where an incumbent is deemed winner of any Presidential election. Whether for good or bad and whether or not our future is bright or gloomy, Buhari changed a trend and for such, his name has entered the sands of time. I also believe he is a good man and he will perform well if supported.
2. Attahiru Jega: For conducting a free and fair election and being an agent for the historic and epoch making landmark election of the year 2015.

-In Religion
1. Fr. Mbaka: For speaking the truth, being knowledgeable and proving that Religion can break the clutches of dogma!
2. David Ibiyeomie: For showing the world that Religion can be a learning experience. He is not only a preacher but a teacher. There is never a dull moment in his household of God.

-In Entertainment
1. Kunle Afolayan: For revolutionising Nigerian cinema and Nollywood by releasing high quality movies with a good budget. He has introduced the use of advanced cinematographic techniques that are favorable to the progress of the movie industry.
2. Clarence Peters: For his perfect interpretations of music to create highly scenic and cinematographic music videos that appeal to all audiences without frequent recourse to nude vixens.

-In Education and Scholarship
1. Prof. G.G.Darah: For pushing the barriers of research and scholarship especially as it concerns Urhobo and Niger Delta Studies.
2. Prof Pat Utomi: For being a public intellectual par excellence and the most sought after person in Nigeria public scholarship. He is a walking encyclopaedia of the Nation and its economy. His knowledge is applicable to all sectors of the our collective national life.
3. Prof. John Idiodi: For blending his vast knowledge of Physics with public intellectualism and mysticism and thereby, creating an image of the perfect scholar for himself.

-In Literature
1. Stephen Kekeghe: For breaking the boundary between the Nigerian voice and the Niger-Delta voice in our collective literary history through his scintillating mastery and deployment of wordsmithery and critical analytical tools.
2. Peter Omoko: For consolidating the gains made by earlier writers with recourse to Urhobo culture, tradition and the Niger Delta question through the deployment of experimental and avant-garde literary techniques and forms

-In Spirituality
1. Dr. Kenneth Idiodi: For showing the world that religious tolerance and harmonious co-existence is possible and achievable in the world. He espouses peace and he is peace personified. He is also a man of letters, scholarship and a public intellectual of rare excellence.

-In Public Outspokenness
1. Prof. Wole Soyinka: For his defence of truth and the right of the common man without bias and prejudice. For his fearless attack of government regimes using the metaphorical swordsmanship of the pen.
2. Dr. Sunny Awhefeada: For fearlessly defending the rights of the common man, addressing the pains of the masses and rereading history with recourse to contemporary applicability through the use of impeccable linguistic competence and literary perfection.

Last but not the least; Jasysandra: For providing the muse to go through the year with peace profound, harmony, love, light and life.
A Happy New Year to everyone! cheesy

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
NNAMDI KANU
MY MAN OF THE YEAR 20AND FOREVER

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by blazetitov: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
PMB!!! The able and capable president of this great country Nigeria. The year 2015 is a wonderful and significant year for him and all well meaning Nigerians.

Sai Baba!!!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
Lets have your views people!
Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
PMB

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
Let's keep them coming.

Soon, we shall all be CELEBRATED the way we CELEBRATE others!!!
Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by Swissheart(f): 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
Gov. Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti..................... He fell and rose again politically.

Timilehin Adigun whose La Confrencia remains evergreen.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
Swissheart:
Gov. Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti..................... He fell and rose again politically.

Timilehin Adigun whose La Confrencia remains evergreen.

This is one fearless man in Nigeria today...

My only issue with him is that he talks too much for a public figure. However, that is his thing! We cant hate him for that.

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by BrokenTV: 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
Dr Goodluck Ebere Jonathan, Nnamdi kanu.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
BrokenTV:
Dr Goodluck Ebere Jonathan,
Nnamdi kanu.

Sorry bro, just need to be clear. Is it Ebele or Ebere?

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Goodboiyy, where are you?
Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 2:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
HopeatHand, LordAdam, Thesonofmark, Omonnakoda; I am waiting for you guys. cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by HopeAtHand: 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
President Muhammad Buhari for keeping faith in his desire to be president of Nigeria after many attempts.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by zendy: 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
zendy:
Nnamdi Kanu!

This man seems to have garnered alot of fans this year alone!

The government only made him popular by detaining him. Only if they knew.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by BrokenTV: 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
fratermathy:

Sorry bro, just need to be clear. Is it Ebele or Ebere?

Thanks for the correction, but you can still use R and L the mean the same thing in Igbo. Is still the same pronunciation.

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by melvinjames: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
My man of the year is:
[size=13pt]Peter Ayodele Fayose[/size].

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by winniz: 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by Amein(m): 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
GENERAL, BABA,ALHAJI,MALLAM,MR,PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

GATAN TALAKAWAN NIGERIA.

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
Seriously, I got non...

Seriously...
Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by Omotayor123(f): 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
My president... Muhammadu Buhari And Mr. Seun osewa!

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by fratermathy(m): 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
Freemanan:
Seriously, I got non...

Seriously...

Oga, like seriously? Even Lalasticlala nor join sef tongue

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by ihatebuhari(f): 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Gej

Gov fayose

Nnmadi kanu

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by Helkayklassic(m): 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Prof. Attahiru Jega: For conducting free, fair, transparent and credible election Nigeria has ever witnessed.

President Muhammadu Buhari: For his doggedness after contesting for 3 times he still did not gave up and alas his dream came true.

Alhaji Lai Muhammed: His role as the opposition spoke person, his propaganda, he really did a good job for APC.

Ayodele Fayose: He stood his ground, he can not be intimidated.

Wizkid: He took Africa music global, Drake jumped on his Track, Alicia keys invited him to perform, Kylie Jenner twerk on his track and he featured on R kelly's album.

Victor Osimeh: He did well for Africa, Nigeria and for himself at the just concluded under 17
world cup.

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by onosprince(m): 10:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
My personality of the year is Shekau and is boko boys for beating the December deadline.

I'm on fp on the last day of the year, I go blow for 2016.
Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by ichommy(m): 10:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
1. Zuby77

2. Mark Zuckerberg

3. Seun Osewa

4. Solidkay and explorers

5. My atheists people on NL

6. All my followers and followe on NL

7. Odunlade Adekola *cause Trouble*

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by repogirl(f): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Lemme think well before I answer. grin
Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by Laveda(f): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
On Nairaland......No need stating others

Mizmycoli smiley smiley smiley
Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by STAMPandSEAL: 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Peter Ayodele Fayose,
Odunlade Adekola,
Shogosco,
Ben Carson,
shekau,
Domainking.

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by ghostdvirus(m): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Jagaban
Tinubu Oko oluremi

Re: Who Is Your Public Personality Of The Year 2015? by repogirl(f): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Gej

Gov fayose

Nnmadi kanu
seconded.

Twin Explosion Rocks Maiduguri Again / 2019: Buhari, Atiku Unveil Plans As Campaigns Begin / Guber Race: Kogi APC, Oshiomhole-led NWC May Clash Over Method Of Primaries