Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason (9167 Views)

When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by joel123(m): 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2009
Poster! I think for every action there is a purpose for that. But if a lady decide to be putting on engagement ring to scare guys away sorry for such lady.
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by GeorgeD1(m): 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2009
yes o! many of them end up getting dumped after they might have
scared away the really serious guys. they then start trying to 'encourage'
uninterested young men when they become too old to be noticed.
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by dejiavo2(m): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2009
People can wear their jewelery however they choose, on whatever finger they want. Remember it's their finger not yours. Plus how do you know there's "nothing going on"?

I once gave a lady a lift in a car some years back in Ph. Discussing about valentine with a friend in da front seat with me on that faithful day (february 13) about our to be valentine all nite gig at Bougainvillea Hotel. During the conversation I jokingly asked the lady if the husband 'to be' could allow her come over for the all-night party (seeing a supposed engagment ring on her finger, a very conspicuous one for that matter!). She replied; "Did u say husband to be?" We were surprised, and she continued: "I don't even have a guy talkless of a husband to be". When my colleague asked her about the ring, she answered: "Its not gold its GL!"

So ladies, you scare guys like us who can hardly differentiate plastic from rubber away with JL uh?
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by lechatte(f): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2009
OP, I'm guilty. I wear mine (and not GL or fake) just because I don't want to be bothered and because I like the way it glints in the sun! grin
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by slyk2(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2009
Guy e be like say lady wey you give am don deal with you.

or abi, one don jones you with one?
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by beingme(f): 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2009
George_D:

beingme,
You're really sure that is why they're putting those fakes on? grin

it means diff thing to diff ppl but the poster is not saying making it work well on himself so tht got him grounded. am not a ring/jewelry type so i ve my point
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by GeorgeD1(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2009
lechatte:

OP, I'm guilty. I wear mine (and not GL or fake) just because I don't want to be bothered and because I like the way it glints in the sun! grin

OK. Pls go ahead and continue wearing it. Cherish its 'glint' in the sun for as long as
you can. Eventually when you want or desire to be 'bothered', no eligible bachelor will
even take notice that you're no longer 'engaged'! grin
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by na2day2(m): 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2009
George_D:

OK. Pls go ahead and continue wearing it. Cherish its 'glint' in the sun for as long as
you can. Eventually when you want or desire to be 'bothered', no eligible bachelor will
even take notice that you're no longer 'engaged'! grin

is that when she hits the clock at 30? na question i dey ask ooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by TheSeeker(m): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2009
When people aren't naturally happy, they make up a temporary happiness for themselves. I think women who wear engagement ring when nothing is going on are putting themselves through hassles. First, a legible suitor will come around and will be like "oops! She's taken" and that's because he doesn't want to go into battle with any other man, see your loss! By the time you know it, all good men will have passed you by and the next thing is you start flaunting your old self around making passes at possibly married men. What a Shame! I read someone saying she wears it so as not to be bothered, no one will bother you but in the end you can regret it for real.
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by na2day2(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2009
TheSeeker:

When people aren't naturally happy, they make up a temporary happiness for themselves. I think women who wear engagement ring when nothing is going on are putting themselves through hassles. First, a legible suitor will come around and will be like "oops! She's taken" and that's because he doesn't want to go into battle with any other man, see your loss! By the time you know it, all good men will have passed you by and the next thing is you start flaunting your old self around making passes at possibly married men. What a Shame! I read someone saying she wears it so as not to be bothered, no one will bother you but in the end you can regret it for real.

hey u, i am oppose to any common sense here! angry angry angry lets stick to the old dumb argument, they were it so that players can be kept a bay (like players care what u wear on ur finger) grin grin grin
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by GeorgeD1(m): 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2009
na2day?:

is that when she hits the clock at 30? na question i dey ask ooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

when she hits 40 most probably! grin
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by na2day2(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2009
George_D:

when she hits 40 most probably! grin

they will come up with a new one, "40s are the new 20s" -------Chris Rock's reply----"same ol' 40s!" grin grin grin
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by TheSeeker(m): 1:19am On Jun 21, 2009
na2day?:

hey u, i am oppose to any common sense here! angry angry angry lets stick to the old dumb argument, they were it so that players can be kept a bay (like players care what u wear on ur finger) grin grin grin

That is even if they can identify a true player. Players actually don't care even if you're just coming out from the within the gates of your husband's(and I mean legally married ones)premises. They don't care if you wear wedding ring, even wear your wedding gown, they don't give a flying Bleep.
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by GeorgeD1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2009
what kind of player is that? must be too blind to figure a hag from a damsel then! grin
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by iice(f): 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2009
I didn't wear mine for keeping guys away - i had no problems driving them away grin - . . .what use will it be when the whole town knows my family? undecided
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by na2day2(m): 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2009
iice:

I didn't wear mine for keeping guys away - i had no problems driving them away grin - . . .what use will it be when the whole town knows my family? undecided

so why do u wear ur ring ?
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by iice(f): 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2009
Coz i love rings and i love that finger too cheesy
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by na2day2(m): 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2009
iice:

Coz i love rings and i love that finger too cheesy

that is too innocent an answer i dont know what else to say sad
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by GeorgeD1(m): 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2009
sister, can you kindly tell us the method you use in 'driving'
the guys away? seems you're very experienced in this.
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by iice(f): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2009
na2day?:

that is too innocent an answer i dont know what else to say  sad

In my complexity, i am simple cool  It's just the way it is.  When children were running around 'dying' for guys and what not.  .  .i was only interested in playing sega/SNES and indians and cowboys with them cheesy

George_D:

sister, can you kindly tell us the method you use in 'driving'
the guys away? seems you're very experienced in this.

Brother, yes i am an expert in this grin Just freeze them cool
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by ronald0: 11:35am On Jun 22, 2009
If a girl wants to wear a engagement ring then thats there perogative. However we all know what Nigerian Ladies can be like, posing too much even when there's nothing to pose about. But when they get to their mid 30's to 40s and no man they start getiing desperate.

I beg take off the fake engagement ring and be treue to yourself.
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by GeorgeD1(m): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2009
iice:

Brother, yes i am an expert in this grin Just freeze them cool

just freeze them? shocked i'd be careful if i were you because the person getting 'freezed'
might just end up being yourself-when you suddenly realize your hope of a happy
marriage is frozen in time grin
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by na2day2(m): 1:35am On Jun 23, 2009
iice:

In my complexity, i am simple cool  It's just the way it is.  When children were running around 'dying' for guys and what not.  .  .i was only interested in playing sega/SNES and indians and cowboys with them cheesy

dunnit, so u got the code we are finished! we actually got an intruder on our hands embarassed
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by iice(f): 7:23am On Jun 23, 2009
George_D:

just freeze them? shocked i'd be careful if i were you because the person getting 'freezed'
might just end up being yourself-when you suddenly realize your hope of a happy
marriage is frozen in time grin

Hahaha but iice is not everyone - i have never suddenly realized anything that life changing wink I am already married to johnny kiss kiss

na2day?:

dunnit, so u got the code we are finished! we actually got an intruder on our hands  embarassed

Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by na2day2(m): 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2009
iice:

if u didn't get it, then there is still hope in zion tongue tongue
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by iice(f): 6:43am On Jun 24, 2009
na2day?:

if u didn't get it, then there is still hope in zion tongue tongue

undecided
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by GeorgeD1(m): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2009
iice:

Hahaha but iice is not everyone - i have never suddenly realized anything that life changing wink I am already married to johnny kiss kiss

if you're already married to 'johnny' then you should be talking about a wedding ring
not an engagement ring-unless of course you want to repeat the wedding ceremony? grin
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by iice(f): 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2009
Yes! grin If you read my first post on this thread. . .i said a wedding band wink
This time na sky wedding i want cool
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by na2day2(m): 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2009
iice:

undecided

for the 1st in ur life u are speechless, i am that good cool cool cool cool
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by iice(f): 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2009
undecided
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by PRYNXLEX(m): 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2009
i have come to find out that only a few of the girls do it to wade off guys. i ex was wearing one b4 we started dating. she takes it off only when i am around. but i later found out that she was realy dating someone. is that not contradicting.
Re: I Hate It When Girls Wear Rings On Their Engagement Finger For No Reason by GeorgeD1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 24, 2009
iice:

Yes! grin If you read my first post on this thread.  .  .i said a wedding band wink
This time na sky wedding i want cool

are you sure 'frozen' johnny can afford that? you may need to unfreeze his
account first with skye bank grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Her Fiance Is Gay. Should I Do Amebo? / How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. / Birthday Surprise: I Want To Teach Him A Lesson.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.