Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments (20758 Views)

Building A 4 Flats Of 3 Bedroom House At Emene Enugu. Costs And Pictures. / Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges / What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Greetings Nairalanders!

What is a FAILED PROJECT?

A project that is abandoned due to lack of funds to complete it;

A project that is completed at a much higher cost than originally planned;

A project that is completed within a much longer period of time than originally planned;

A project that when completed, fails to meet the owner's expectations in terms of quality.

DOES ANY OF THE ABOVE DESCRIBE THE CURRENT STATUS OF YOUR PROJECT??

AVOID FAILED PROJECTS! TALK TO PROFESSIONAL QUANTITY SURVEYORS TODAY!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2016
Are you planning to put up a building project and you want to know more about the costs? The Quantity Surveyor is the best person to make enquiries from.

Please feel free to ask a Quantity Surveyor here your burning questions. We are very much available to answer them and guide you on how best to go about it.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by Tnot(m): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2016
I have a Higher National Diploma with Upper Credit in Civil Engineering Technology from a Federal Polytechnic, i have basic computer skills and i am through with Nysc.

Please i need a job to start with, if you or anybody can help? Contact me on 08034718381

Nothing is too small to start with.

Thanks!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
Greetings Nairalanders,

A popular saying goes thus,...He who fails to plan plans to fail.
Are you or your company planning to embark on a construction project? If you do not make adequate plans about the proposed cost and expenditure for that project and the best ways to go about starting and completing that project, given the peculiarities of your situation, you have already programmed that project to fail before it even started.

AVOID FAILED PROJECTS!

MAKE A WISE DECISION TODAY!

TALK TO A QUANTITY SURVEYOR TODAY FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE ABOUT CONSTRUCTION COSTS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PROJECTS!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 7:06am On Jul 25, 2016
Greetings Nairalanders. Hope you had a nice weekend.

Are you a client? Are you a contractor/builder?

As you plan to commence that project, don't start without getting a breakdown of the cost, technically called a Bill of Quantities from a Quantity Surveyor.

This single step will prevent you from many 'had I knowns' during the course of your project & even after completion.

Conducting a search for problematic and/or failed projects on Nairaland properties section will convince you of the essence of my sincere advice.

Have a blessed week, everyone!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by Peachlane: 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hello here. I'm a contractor and I've been told to quote for a job. I have the schedule of rates pls is it also important to get the drawings for the quantity surveyor to get the accurate bill. The job is underground piping project. Thanks
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by moshino(m): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
Peachlane:
Hello here. I'm a contractor and I've been told to quote for a job. I have the schedule of rates pls is it also important to get the drawings for the quantity surveyor to get the accurate bill. The job is underground piping project. Thanks

You said you're a contractor, and you you don't know how to quote for a contract job you received?
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by Peachlane: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
Mr moshino. I have never done this particular project and I hope it's not a crime to ask. Most jobs I get are to supply this quantity of cement or granite. But this particular project they sent me the schedule of rates for the civil works and there are so many things they told me to quote for that I've never done. Safety shoes, welding equipments, drinking water, etc
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by Peachlane: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
I won't lie I can interprete the document I got from them. RFQ
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by PqsMike: 3:36am On Jul 26, 2016
Peachlane:

Hi,
For you to get a detail BOQ, The Qs needs the drawing /Specification. Please send me a mail on (projectqsmichael@gmail.com) Let's help you out with the quotation. I'm a quantity surveyor.

Regards
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2016
Peachlane:

Hi there. You mentioned that you have a schedule of rates. That means that the quantities for the proposed job have not yet been determined. In other words, the works will be measured and valued as they progress, using the schedule of rates you have submitted.
For that kind of project, you will surely require the construction drawings for your QS to prepare the bills accurately.
I hope I have answered your question.

If you need help on how to go about it, my contact details are in my signature below.
Regards.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
Peachlane:
Mr moshino. I have never done this particular project and I hope it's not a crime to ask. Most jobs I get are to supply this quantity of cement or granite. But this particular project they sent me the schedule of rates for the civil works and there are so many things they told me to quote for that I've never done. Safety shoes, welding equipments, drinking water, etc

Safety shoes, welding equipments, drinking water, etc are items technically called PRELIMINARIES. Preliminaries are those items of work required for the smooth running of a project but are not a constituent part of the project such as water, site security, temporary fencing/hoarding, electricity, scaffolding, safety equipment, etc. It is required that every contractor includes an amount of money in the bill or quotation for these items collectively called Preliminaries unless the contractor wants to provide them to the client for free!
Preliminaries can either be priced as a lump sum to cover all the items or an estimated amount for each item is calculated and inserted in the bills of quantities.
Thus, pricing those items are for your own good.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 7:49am On Aug 02, 2016
A project that commences without a proper cost breakdown or in more technical terms, a BILL OF QUANTITIES prepared by a QUANTITY SURVEYOR is jeopardized right from the start and such project may well end up at a wrong destination or with undesirable outcomes.

Starting a building project without a BILL OF QUANTITIES is like:
- Travelling through the Sahara desert without a map and a compass
- A sailor moving his ship through the seas and oceans without sea charts and a compass
- A pilot intending to fly his plane to a certain destination, but doesn't have a map; doesn't understand how to read bearings....

The result is that they will all end up at the wrong place/destination.
Let's be wise.... Get a BILL OF QUANTITIES from a QUANTITY SURVEYOR before you embark on your building project. It pays in the long run!!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by jaybee3(m): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2016
@ olumide4christ

Did you get my email?
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
jaybee3:
@ olumide4christ

Did you get my email?

Yes I did. I have responded and confirmed.

Thanks and regards.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
Dearest Nairalanders,

Is your project on the verge of being abandoned or put on hold due to unexpected/unplanned increase in costs?

Is your planned budget for your project already exceeded & you are still yet to make reasonable progress?

Are you wondering what the way forward is for your project considering the present predicament?

Call on a Quantity Surveyor today...we know how to put failing projects back on track.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 11:08am On Sep 07, 2016
[b]Greetings Nairalanders,

Do you have an ongoing building project?

Its important to involve a Quantity Surveyor on that project. A Quantity Surveyor will prevent you from being cheated and wastages through the following:
1. Negotiating best prices/rates for labour with your builder/artisans so that you're not overcharged or undercharged (both have their negative effects).
2. Ensuring that your builder, artisans & labourers make use of your materials to the prescribed standard in the bills of quantities and/or drawings, in order to prevent substandard quality of work, pilfering & wastage of materials.
3. Valuation of work done by your artisans/builders prior to payment so that you don't overpay them for what they haven't done.
4. We can also inform you at any point in time in your project the estimated cost to complete the outstanding works in your project by preparing a financial statement.

It pays to engage a Quantity Surveyor on your project. It pays in the long run; don't delay![/b]
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
Are you embarking on renovation of an existing building for residential or commercial purposes?
The Quantity Surveyor is the 1st person to contact and engage. With his construction and cost experience and knowledge, he will advise you on the most cost-effective approach to carrying out such renovation works & determine the cost implications from the beginning.
As you may know, renovation works have a lot of intricacies, as such, their costs cannot be easily determined without the involvement of a Quantity Surveyor.
I have done such works even in recent times for residential and commercial properties; the last one involving conversion of a bakery to a 200 seater church with adjoining offices, teens and children churches.

For renovations, engaging us is the best bet.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
"Avoid wastage; Avoid being shortchanged; Obtain optimum value for money; involve professional Quantity Surveyors on your projects today!!"
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 4:31am On Sep 29, 2016
Greetings Nairalanders,

Are you or your company planning to embark on a construction project? If you do not make adequate plans about the proposed cost and expenditure for that project and the best ways to go about starting and completing that project, given the peculiarities of your situation, you have already programmed that project to fail before it even started.

AVOID FAILED PROJECTS!

TALK TO A QUANTITY SURVEYOR TODAY FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE ABOUT CONSTRUCTION COSTS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PROJECTS!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
A controversial question - Who should be the 1st consultant you should talk to when you want to embark on a project - Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Engineer?? WHAT DO YOU THINK??

The Quantity Surveyor should be the 1st consultant you should speak to 1st as he/she will guide you in coming up with a budget which will in turn be used to guide your architect in coming up with a design which will be within the limits of your budget. We call this "design-to-cost" method of cost planning which is best practice.

Engaging a Quantity Surveyor on your project is and can never be a bad decision.

BE WISE!!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
Are you planning to put up a building project and you want to know more about the costs? The Quantity Surveyor is the best person to make enquiries from.

Please feel free to ask a Quantity Surveyor here your burning questions. We are very much available to answer them and guide you on how best to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by Icegold: 11:54am On Oct 14, 2016
olumide4christ:

I need a cost estimate for a building project (4 bedroom bungalow) in Lekki.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
Icegold:

We can prepare the Bills of Quantities and/or Material Schedules for you, provided the drawings are available. You could call me or mail me through my phone lines and/or email address stated in my signature below.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by PqsMike: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2016
Icegold:

Hi, can u send me a mail on projectqsmichael@gmail.com
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2016
PqsMike:

Hi, can u send me a mail on projectqsmichael@gmail.com

Mr. Pqsmike, why are you spamming my thread This is the 2nd time now...

You have your thread which you created to market your services, why don't you advertise there & wait for prospective clients to request for your services....why spamming other peoples thread

Have I come to your thread to advertise before??

Stop this once & for all..its against the rules if you haven't read them.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by PqsMike: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2016
olumide4christ:

Mr. Pqsmike, why are you spamming my thread This is the 2nd time now...

You have your thread which you created to market your services, why don't you advertise there & wait for prospective clients to request for your services....why spamming other peoples thread

Have I come to your thread to advertise before??

Stop this once & for all..its against the rules if you haven't read them.

Okay okay.. ....my bad. ...sorry about that.
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 11:41am On Oct 19, 2016
Greetings Nairalanders,

AVOID FAILED PROJECTS!

Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
Are you planning to embark on a construction project this year?

Do ensure you engage professionals (Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Engineer) on your project; it pays in the long run! Avoid stories that touch!!

Don't start that project without the Quantity Surveyor guiding you concerning the costs and your budget.... it pays in the long run!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
Greetings Nairalanders. Hope you had a nice weekend.

Are you a client? Are you a contractor/builder?

As you plan to commence that project, don't start without getting a breakdown of the cost, technically called a Bill of Quantities from a Quantity Surveyor.

This single step will prevent you from many 'had I knowns' during the course of your project & even after completion.

Conducting a search for problematic and/or failed projects on Nairaland properties section will convince you of the essence of my sincere advice.

Have a blessed week, everyone!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year to all Nairalanders!!!

Today makes it exactly 1 year since I began my threads on Quantity Surveying and Project Management in this Properties section.

My sincere appreciation goes to all Nairalanders who have made comments, asked questions or simply followed my threads....your contributions helped us a lot in 2016.

I declare that your joy is full and your cup of blessings are already overflowing in this year 2017 in Jesus name Amen!!!

I look forward to more engaging discourses on all my current and forthcoming threads!!

Remain blessed!!
Re: Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments by olumide4christ: 8:00pm On Jan 01, 2017
This is also to express our sincere appreciation to those Nairalanders who took a giant step and patronized our services during this our 1st year of being in Nairaland properties section...we are indeed grateful for the trust you reposed in us and we are glad that we didn't fail you.

Wishing you God's best in 2017 and we look forward to your continuous patronage as you embark on your projects this year 2017.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Notice To Quit / House Plan Affordable / Two Children Burnt To Death As Fire Razes House In Niger State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.