Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,764 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students (50133 Views)

12 Things That Happen During Every Maths Exam (when You Don’t Know Maths) / You Think You Know Maths ? Try This. / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nature130: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
agoadiv:

bro pls a quick question on futo stuff...

is information management technology a science course in fut0 or art cos am kinda confused
Information Management Technology, IMT, is a dept in d School of Management Technology, SMAT
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
Electronzeez:

Another bullet in your head my friend . I will quote from the same article you shared . read again below grin

[/b]Software Engineer, a job that involves the design and creation of software for everything from operating systems to cell phone "apps" to interactive games[b]

The nairaland app on play store was created by an American shey. Clap for yourself stop saying what you don't know . I work with Samsung for sometime and I can tell you the software Samsung service center use in making claims on samasung warranty phones was desing and created by a Nigeria .

Hit back grin
d person who did dat isn't a product of nigeria. He obviously grabbed dat knowledge abroad. Once again stop defending software engr. You did Electrical You guys are always claiming best course of study yet mathematicians are ranked above u guys in America
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by fuchong(m): 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
we we're asked to choose (subject to teach)between mathematics n further mathematics I was surprised when the mathematics graduate told me point blank that he can't teach further mathematics. with all due respect to all the mathematics graduate out there: where their level of reasoning stops that is where ours(Engineer's) begins.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Electronzeez(m): 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Durentt:
d person who did dat isn't a product of nigeria. He obviously grabbed dat knowledge abroad. Once again stop defending software engr. You did Electrical You guys are always claiming best course of study yet mathematicians are ranked above u guys in America

I am done arguing with you I just have you two example that are from Nigeria universities you went ahead saying something else angry

I studied electrical and I can work in any company even if there exist a maths company grin

You no need light , of you get light who go maintain an for you grin. Kindly tell me one company that does not required electrical , grin. This course de sweet , I can tell you we don't need an abracadabra mathematician where I work because everyone that work here deal with figures and practical tongue.

My question to you , just in case you are not employed tell me what you can do with your maths knowledge .....simple question .
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
jstriker442:
thank God. I'v been searching for I.T placement, ts been most tiring. Any tips ?
did mine @ NNPC Benin Depot way back, n i'm presently not in the country at the moment.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by shidof(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
Durentt:
Lol i cant seem to wrap dis idea how Engineering students think or act lik they do/know mathematics aspect more dan those who spend all their freaking lecture hours solving grin am Pure Mathematics student nd an engineering student came to me today saying "am wastin my time doin pure maths that dey (engineering) are equal to mathematicians plus dey hav added engineering knowledge. grin I was lik wtf, suite urself, i kno why i chose mathematics over engineering during JAMB. Am not a foool.
Engineering students brag to be all rounder but i refuse to accept an engineer can replace a mathematican except in a useless country lik nigeria angry
It use to baffle me also, ol wat mathematics dt engineering students normally do are just calculatory aspects of mathematics.Next tym an engineering students argue with u base on mathematic, jst give him/her questions on abstract algebra, topology, measure and integration or real analysis and see how dumb he will become.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by shidof(m): 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
Durentt:
Lol i cant seem to wrap dis idea how Engineering students think or act lik they do/know mathematics aspect more dan those who spend all their freaking lecture hours solving grin am Pure Mathematics student nd an engineering student came to me today saying "am wastin my time doin pure maths that dey (engineering) are equal to mathematicians plus dey hav added engineering knowledge. grin I was lik wtf, suite urself, i kno why i chose mathematics over engineering during JAMB. Am not a foool.
Engineering students brag to be all rounder but i refuse to accept an engineer can replace a mathematican except in a useless country lik nigeria angry
It used to amaze me also, ol d mathematics dt engineering students normally do are just calculatory aspects of mathematics.Next tym an engineering students argue with u base on mathematic, jst give him/her questions on abstract algebra, topology, measure and integration or real analysis and see how dumb he will become.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nature130: 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
Durentt:
Here U go again! U said he should stop defending Software engineers cos there is none in Nigeria but U forgot dat mathematicians ranked above elect/elect engineers is not in Nigeria but America.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nature130:
Here U go again! U said he should stop defending Software engineers cos there is none in Nigeria but U forgot dat mathematicians ranked above elect/elect engineers is not in Nigeria but America.
if America shud rank mathematicians dat means they,are really productive. Truth is nigeria has no or little software engineers yet even those who studied software engineering in d nigeria uni are jst doing child's play.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Girltee1(f): 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
calculator123:
exam score is not a test of one true INTELLIGENCE.
Not in all cases, yeah.
But when it comes to maths, I disagree!undecided
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by kobonaire(m): 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
Durentt:
Really?? Mathematicians are ranked higher than EEs in America??
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
kobonaire:
Really?? Mathematicians are ranked higher than EEs in America??
yea click d link i provided in one of my comment above nd see it
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by kobonaire(m): 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
Durentt:
yea click d link i provided in one of my comment above nd see it
I'm sorry, that link you provided does not really provide an accurate picture. In the job market in USA, EEs/Software Engineers have more job prospects than someone with a Math degree. You can easily verify this by looking up a job search website.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
kobonaire:
I'm sorry, that link you provided does not really provide an accurate picture. In the job market in USA, EEs/Software Engineers have more job prospects than someone with a Math degree. You can easily verify this by looking up a job search website.
post a link to backup ur claims. I have proved mine wit a link, prove urs
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by kobonaire(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
Durentt:
post a link to backup ur claims. I have proved mine wit a link, prove urs
The link you provided was not a reputable website.
Go to reputable job websites like monster.com or indeed.com and see job prospects of EEs vs Math Majors.
Your assertion that Math majors are more desirable than EEs in USA is ridiculously incorrect.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
kobonaire:
The link you provided was not a reputable website.
Go to reputable job websites like monster.com or indeed.com and see job prospects of EEs vs Math Majors.
Your assertion that Math majors are more desirable than EEs in USA is ridiculously incorrect.
don't say wat u dont. How wud u say careercast is nt reputable.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by agoadiv(m): 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nature130:
Information Management Technology, IMT, is a dept in d School of Management Technology, SMAT

i knw, what i want to know bro is if the course is an art course as in if it requires art subjects in jamb or weda its a science course dat requires science subjects to apply for it
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by kobonaire(m): 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Durentt:
don't say wat u dont. How wud u say careercast is nt reputable.
can I ask you a question? Have you ever worked or lived in the US before??
Yes the careercast 2011 publication you provided is not an authoritative publication on the job market in the US.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
kobonaire:
can I ask you a question? Have you ever worked or lived in the US before??
Yes the careercast 2011 publication you provided is not an authoritative publication on the job market in the US.
oga i no fit shout. Post a link to back-up ur claims or you accept ur claims are void nd dat mathematicians are lucrative than engineers in america
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by agoadiv(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
Neeson:

I think every course in the school is rooted in science & tech, with an overlap into management, except for few of em, but information management tech has to do with ICT and therefore is based in science, anywhere, even away from FUTO.

bro i saw in jamb brochure that IMT requires commerce, account and economics in as in ur ssce dats y am confused, can u pls help me clarify dis
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by kobonaire(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2016
Durentt:
oga i no fit shout. Post a link to back-up ur claims or you accept ur claims are void nd dat mathematicians are lucrative than engineers in america
I have already given you the sources, I can't help it if you cannot comprehend them. Do you live/work in the US?? Your cluelessness makes me believe otherwise.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by eche45(m): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nice fact for the oaf. I love the way u nail it guy.
kobonaire:

I have already given you the sources, I can't help it if you cannot comprehend them. Do you live/work in the US?? Your cluelessness makes me believe otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
The truth is that engineers can't do without a good knowledge of applied mathematics which is even the simpler part of mathematics . But when it comes to MATHEMATICS, guys that course is too broad....infact, it is the mother of all other applied and natural sciences . Talking about real and abstract maths, the likes of real analysis, complex analysis, algebra , topography , etc.....most if not all Engineering students can't cope with it because engineers only apply mathematical knowledge. During my NYSC, I served with a mathematics graduate and met a masters student of mathematics. Both of them opened my eye to the content of mathematics. Even some so called maths graduated are scared of some areas of maths like functional , real and complex analysis, algebra etc and will prefer to settle for modelling, ODE, Mechanics , etc. which are those areas we engineers deals with and think that that is all to maths. The only think I have against algebra and the likes is that they told me it just for aesthetics.....no real life application.....but any day anytime a good mathematics students should know mathematics more than a good engineering student. Just that the impact of the engineers are more felt in the society.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by peteribrahim123: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
Una still de argue dis tin
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
agoadiv:

bro i saw in jamb brochure that IMT requires commerce, account and economics in as in ur ssce dats y am confused, can u pls help me clarify dis

I think you should find out from futo admissions unit, or in fact look up futo website, the undergraduate admission section, or you can find someone who's still in futo, I've graduated. But to the best of my knowledge no course in futo needs those subjects you just mentioned.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by oceangabriel: 6:42am On Jan 05, 2016
study in the philippines less tuition fee, contact us on +639266769149.. whatsapp only. we are here to help you.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2016
eche45:
Nice fact for the oaf. I love the way u nail it guy.
nailed wat? U mst be joking
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2016
kobonaire:

oga u are d clueless one here. I checked monster.com nd mathematics still rank above Eng www.monster.com/career-start/a/top-10-most-valuable-STEM-majors-and-careers
i hav used d site u gav to prove u wrong. I wonder wat u gain by arguing blindly
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by agoadiv(m): 8:16am On Jan 05, 2016
Neeson:

I think you should find out from futo admissions unit, or in fact look up futo website, the undergraduate admission section, or you can find someone who's still in futo, I've graduated. But to the best of my knowledge no course in futo needs those subjects you just mentioned.
oh thanks alot
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by kobonaire(m): 8:22am On Jan 05, 2016
Durentt:
oga u are d clueless one here. I checked monster.com nd mathematics still rank above Eng www.monster.com/career-start/a/top-10-most-valuable-STEM-majors-and-careers
i hav used d site u gav to prove u wrong. I wonder wat u gain by arguing blindly
Nice find but it does not prove your earlier statement that "US prefers Mathematicians to EEs".
You neither live nor work in the US and so would not really know the job situation here. Use monster to seek jobs in the various fields. EEs are in great demand and in many cases fill the roles of 1 and 2 in your list. Trust me, I know that... wink
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 05, 2016
kobonaire:

Nice find but it does not prove your earlier statement that "US prefers Mathematicians to EEs"
Lol. Why did u edit ur comment ? grin
For ur information, EE's are not related to information nd comp technology in any way, if any course is related to information nd comp, its mathematics. You definitely dont kno anytin, useless creatine, thick empty skulled human, am done arguing with u too.
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by odunkgm: 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
Don't play with fire.....Mathematics is the basic of every other courses throughout the world#check philosophy of science#it's must for Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u to apply mathematics to your daily activities. The word mathematics came from the greek's word....MATHEMA.....Medical doctor and lawyers honour mathematicians than any other profession.engineering courses are not compulsory for health sciences,law,social science,management and biological science in university.Tell me any department without application of mathematics.....faculty of engineering are just doing baby mathematics(set,indice,surd,calculus and laplace).if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u are competent enough as an engineer.......let's discuss.....lesbegus measure,perturbation,Topology,delta and heaviside function....(U'll soon hit rock)......lolz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Unilag Student Shot Dead At Amphitheatre (Picture) / OOU Is Best State University In 2016 - Institute For Governance Research / Classmates Console SS1 Student As She Breaks Down In Tears After Being Dumped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.