Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,788 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students (50076 Views)

12 Things That Happen During Every Maths Exam (when You Don’t Know Maths) / You Think You Know Maths ? Try This. / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
Lol i cant seem to wrap dis idea how Engineering students think or act lik they do/know mathematics aspect more dan those who spend all their freaking lecture hours solving grin am Pure Mathematics student nd an engineering student came to me today saying "am wastin my time doin pure maths that dey (engineering) are equal to mathematicians plus dey hav added engineering knowledge. grin I was lik wtf, suite urself, i kno why i chose mathematics over engineering during JAMB. Am not a foool.
Engineering students brag to be all rounder but i refuse to accept an engineer can replace a mathematican except in a useless country lik nigeria angry

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by iliyande(m): 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
cheesy we need answer to this asap
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Remii(m): 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
because most maths students got to read maths after failed attempts to gain admission to read engineering

172 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by zikIPE: 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
Remii:
because most maths students got to read maths after failed attempts to gain admission to read engineering
walahi, you have sense, i swear. It's a known fact that most physicists and mathematicians in Nigerian universities opted for engineering as their first choice. I have lot's of friends' experiences to back up this assertion.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Melahou(m): 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2016
We are the founders of mathematics

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Gbengem(m): 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
Durentt:
Lol i cant seem to wrap dis idea how Engineering students think or act lik they do/know mathematics aspect more dan those who spend all their freaking lecture hours solving grin am 200lvl Pure Mathematics student nd an engineering student came to me today saying "am wastin my time doin pure maths that dey (engineering) are equal to mathematicians plus dey hav added engineering knowledge. grin I was lik wtf, suite urself, i kno why i chose mathematics over engineering during JAMB. Am not a foool.
Engineering students brag to be all rounder but i refuse to accept an engineer can replace a mathematican except in a useless country lik nigeria angry
Give them question on analysis A̶̲̥̅̊₪d algebra to solve A̶̲̥̅̊₪d they will run away...

26 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=zikIPE post=41555302]walahi, you have sense, i swear. It's a known fact that most physicists and mathematicians in Nigerian universities opted for engineering as their first choice. I have lot's of friends' experiences to
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
Gbengem:
Give them question on analysis A̶̲̥̅̊₪d algebra to solve A̶̲̥̅̊₪d they will run away...
grin i don't want somebody to run mad grin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Cauchy01(m): 7:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
What engineering students are good at is Calculus,ODE...buh mathematics is more than Calculus...when they go into functional analysis...complex analysis...algebra...then they know that khaki no be leather

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
Cauchy01:
What engineering students are good at is Calculus,ODE...buh mathematics is more than Calculus...when they go into functional analysis...complex analysis...algebra...then they know that khaki no be leather
calculus my ass. All d 200lvl elect engr students i know are dealing with indices nd logarithm in their borrowed courses. MEC ENGR. Doin Vectors nd d rest. And dey be feeling fly

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Dayo4real12: 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, k

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by destino24(m): 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
Here is the deal, Mathematicians engage in roughly as much maths as engineers, but engineers get to "actively" apply them in practical real world problems.

So, comparatively speaking, Engineers are alitlle more ahead

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Aizenosa(m): 10:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
I am an engineering graduate but truth be told engineers cannot survive without mathematicians and physicists formula, but the engineer must twist and turn these into everyday scenarios.

Think am lying research and you will know the answers

24 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by bookaddict(m): 11:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
I have great respect for mathematicians....I hail ooo bosses

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by bookaddict(m): 11:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
I have great respect for mathematicians....I hail ooo bosses.av some as friends in school

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by originbm: 1:13am On Jan 02, 2016
Remii:

You hv not attempted to answer the question....So engineering students are better at maths than mathematics students because mathematics students failed to get engineering in jamb...

Sound reasoning...keep it up....

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by osez(m): 5:48am On Jan 02, 2016
am a industrial physicist
I was having issues with a particular topic in mathematics I actually went to math department to see a friend to help put me tru while there another friend 400l computer engineering came and like na this one you cross from ur department dey come mth for no worry I go teach you na 300L engineering maths una even dey do for final year although embarrassed I gave him one question from a past question to solve before we can start my tutorial he spent up to 4hours trying to fix the question but couldn't
he ended telling me that the topic was different from the one they did but with the same name
this happened 5yrRs ago in uniben

23 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2016
Aizenosa:
I am an engineering graduate but truth be told engineers cannot survive without mathematicians and physicists formula, but the engineer must twist and turn these into everyday scenarios.

Think am lying research and you will know the answers
YOU ARE CORRECT BRO. Youare d first engr dat i've seen accepting engineering needs mathematicians, we math students arejst too under-rated. I kno engineers need math nd phy. But why wud they brag to be mathematicians?? An engineering std is an engineering std, they shud stop trying to replace mathematicians. Funny enof our country gv mathematicians jobs to engineers.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2016
osez:
am a industrial physicist
I was having issues with a particular topic in mathematics I actually went to math department to see a friend to help put me tru while there another friend 400l computer engineering came and like na this one you cross from ur department dey come mth for no worry I go teach you na 300L engineering maths una even dey do for final year although embarrassed I gave him one question from a past question to solve before we can start my tutorial he spent up to 4hours trying to fix the question but couldn't
he ended telling me that the topic was different from the one they did but with the same name
this happened 5yrRs ago in uniben
haha him for scatter him brain for there grin u see engineering stds do d basics, we mathematicans dig depper.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 02, 2016
bookaddict:
I have great respect for mathematicians....I hail ooo bosses
thx bro
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2016
Remii:
u are beating around d bush. Wat u said is correct but not d ansa to dis question
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by killsmith(f): 11:23am On Jan 02, 2016
Gbengem:
lol....analysis is too much....just logic set and numbers and watch confusion show on their foreheads.....
Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by martinsmartest(m): 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
With all ur algebra and analysis, how many stuff have u guys made with it
u jst pack abstract in ur head with no hope of converting it to a reasonably useful thing
and u re happy abt it
smh to u guys

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by flokii: 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
Remii:

God bless you...

and.you can only transfer from Engineering to Mathematics... not the other way round

@OP you wan go run mad?
abi you think say Engineering maths na sere sere

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
martinsmartest:
With all ur algebra and analysis, how many stuff have u guys made with it
u jst pack abstract in ur head with no hope of converting it to a reasonably useful thing
and u re happy abt it
smh to u guys
[s] u are an iidiot, ur stupidity is supreme[/s]. Maths graduate can go for masters to combine either with computer sci, engineering etc.
And even those who don't want to further their studies can apply their mathematics knowledge in any organisation. Must everyone manufacture something? We mathematicians are not trained to manufacture but solve.
Pls bye-bye undecided

21 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by martinsmartest(m): 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Durentt:
u are an iidiot, ur stupidity is supreme. Maths graduate can go for masters to combine either with computer sci, engineering etc.
And even those who don't want to further their studies can apply their mathematics knowledge in any organisation. Mak everyone manufacture something? We mathematicians are not trained to manufacture but solve.
Pls bye-bye undecided
so u need a masters before u can b useful
chai
smh to u guys again

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
martinsmartest:

so u need a masters before u can b useful
chai
smh to u guys again
cant u read well? With or without masters, mathematicians are hot cake but masters mak a mathematician a hotter cake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by 12month: 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
Crap. Go thru school, graduate, find something to do and make money. You only need 3/10 of what you are learning in the real world not complex analysis and co. undecided

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by EVarn(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
Durentt:
cant u read well? With or without masters, mathematicians are hot cake but masters mak a mathematician a hotter cake.
Mathematicians are field individuals,they have a place in every institution ranging from the multinational oil companies to the automechanic clinics.The only problem is that they get stiff competition from the statistics guys,who tend to be more favored,especially in Nigeria.
Engineering,business administration and accounting are very crowded fields,though I particularly dislike civil engineering guys,perhaps due to their unruly attitude on campus.However,statistics seem to be the reigning field now,I would say that statistics is the huber hottest cake in town,its too hot for a cold shower!.lol.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
EVarn:
Mathematicians are field individuals,they have a place in every institution ranging from the multinational oil companies to the automechanic clinics.The only problem is that they get stiff competition from the statistics guys,who tend to be more favored,especially in Nigeria.
Engineering,business administration and accounting are very crowded fields,though I particularly dislike civil engineering guys,perhaps due to their unruly attitude on campus.However,statistics seem to be the reigning field now,I would say that statistics is the huber hottest cake in town,its too hot for a cold shower!.lol.
bro u are 100% correct cheesy abeg take one maltina

1 Like

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by EVarn(m): 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
Durentt:
bro u are 100% correct cheesy abeg take one maltina
Maltina?,nah,I'm more of a veleta guy,or betterstill,ice-cream and chocolate will do.
Anyway,which university are you attending?
PS: add chicken n' chips to the mix.#olivertwist tinz.lol.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students by martinsmartest(m): 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
EVarn:
You ve not lied a bit
Most discipline have taken over from mathematicians in industries today
And the part that I am pissed off abt is that these guys here re just over hyping mathematicians like they re the only ones that does smart stuff,others are like doing stuffs not are not has tough as what they are doing. For me as for every dept. in sch is tough.
I actually really love mathematics that's what even pushed me to do engineering
kudos to you guy tho, Buh stop over hyping the course.
I rep uniben anytime...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Boy Bullied In A Hostel Of Babcock University [PICS+VIDEO] / Esther Adaobi Azom Gets Car From Ooni Of Ife As Best Graduating Medical Student / University Of Maiduguri Lecturer Kneels Student Down As Form Of Punishment (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.