Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,634 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! (3471 Views)

My Dilemma With A Married Woman I Encountered In My Office / A Must Read.. 'a Story Called Dilemma'..a Nightmare On My 2go Girlfriends Visit. / Would You Drive 22 Hours To Bail Your Love One From Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
The odds of both of them finding out sooner or later is 1.65.. grin

Your nigga should set his priorities right biko..... as a young man,this is so not the time to be entangled in such a delimma.

Gracias baba , u too much tongue
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
Estharfabian:
Uh...I Read Your diary!lipsrsealed
Which I'd actually stop doing soonest...the Big science thingy is breaking my heart!cry

You should watch "The two wives"...undecided it's one of the telemundo Ish...A guy having two love interests..!

oh, my diary, i read it myself recently and i was shocked to see how much it looked like i was bragging. So i feel your pain, i guess.

Anyway, i obviously don't watch telemundo. But it seems to me like love isn't as special and divine as we think it is. Perhaps just like every other 'regular' emotion.
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 7:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
Suigeneris93:
I don't do maths exam-type questions, NEXT!

Its allowed.

Who knows you are even a side chick grin

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by MzPecs(f): 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
scentmarlc:

Thanks love!

Your advice is noted tongue
cool
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by ronald4lif(m): 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Estharfabian:
Uh...Mr techguy...

Its Either You've been watching way too many Telumundo Or The Einstein Formulas is a bit over the top...grin

I do not think it's psychological possible to Love two humans equally ...It's probably a feeling confused with "LoVE"...

nyways...the way Humans abuse the word "LOVE"...I wouldn't be surprised...cry

By the embolden you're admitting it's possible to love two persons at a time but it can't be equal? Loving two things or people can't be evenly proportionate. And for the fact that one loves two people unequally doesn't mean he can't love both at a time.
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Teempakguy:
oh, my diary, i read it myself recently and i was shocked to see how much it looked like i was bragging. So i feel your pain, i guess.

Anyway, i obviously don't watch telemundo. But it seems to me like love isn't as special and divine as we think it is. Perhaps just like every other 'regular' emotion.

My thoughts exactly !

Dollyjoy
Twaci
Tohpahz
Montezz.
Cherlene

Abeg come shook mouth oooo
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
scentmarlc:

Its allowed.

Who knows you are even a side chick grin

I didn't no it was paining u oh

Condolences grin
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by ronald4lif(m): 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
Human's don't just want to admit their animalistic inclinations and would do everything to distort proven facts. That we've evolved and have more cerebral proficiency than animals can never negate our natural characteristics as one and would do anything to discourage multiple relationship even if it goes against nature.

Scentmarlc, your emotions towards both is in concordant with nature but you can overwhelm the feeling if you want to and only you can do that.
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
Teempakguy:

Nah! it looked like You were rambling!undecided

They were all Greek to me...first time I felt like a total dummy...I promise, I'm Usually very smart!cry

Anyhoo....It's a matter of perspectives...You've got yours. I've got mine!
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
ronald4lif:

By the embolden you're admitting it's possible to love two persons at a time but it can't be equal? Loving two things or people can't be evenly proportionate. And for the fact that one loves two people unequally doesn't mean he can't love both at a time.

The matter don dey hot ooooO

My oga ronald don show cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
ronald4lif:
Human's don't just want to admit their animalistic inclinations and would do everything to distort proven facts. That we've evolved and have more cerebral proficiency than animals can never negate our natural characteristics as one and would do anything to discourage multiple relationship even if it goes against nature.

Scentmarlc, your emotions towards both is in concordant with nature but you can overwhelm the feeling if you want to and only you can do that.

Baba why naaaa..........na only me get dis english ? grin grin grin

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by ronald4lif(m): 8:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
scentmarlc:

The matter don dey hot ooooO

My oga ronald don show cheesy cheesy

Lol. You can love two people at a time but you can choose to subdue a feeling by restraining oneself and taking up new hobbies to aid distraction. Our forefathers married more than one wives and in most cases treated and loved them evenly. We don't just want to accept that we're animals.
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
ronald4lif:

Uh...did I say that?? My bad!
I meant You can't love two people...! like ever!

Very often we believe ourselves to be falling in love only to Quickly realize that it wasn’t love, but rather infatuation.
You can surely be infatuated with multiple people, but You sure as hell can't be in love with different people! mbanu!

This really depends on how you define love. If you define love as caring greatly for a person and having romantic/sexual thoughts for that person, then sure, you can love multiple people. But love isn’t quite so shallow!cry

I often think that people never actually fall in love, but rather work towards being in love. Love is something that is created and maintained over time. It takes time, energy, work, dedication and focus..jst like anything else worth doing in life. For whatever reason, human beings love the idea of having things given to them...same thing I Told decker the other time..undecided True love isn't conditional

there simply isn't enough time to love more than one person...
Like I said earlier, it's all bout perspectives.. We sure see things differently..
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by ronald4lif(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
Estharfabian:

Very often we believe ourselves to be falling in love only to Quickly realize that it wasn’t love, but rather infatuation.
You can surely be infatuated with multiple people, but You sure as hell can't be in love with different people! mbanu!

This really depends on how you define love. If you define love as caring greatly for a person and having romantic/sexual thoughts for that person, then sure, you can love multiple people. But love isn’t quite so shallow!cry

I often think that people never actually fall in love, but rather work towards being in love. Love is something that is created and maintained over time. It takes time, energy, work, dedication and focus..jst like anything else worth doing in life. For whatever reason, human beings love the idea of having things given to them...same thing I Told decker the other time..undecided True love isn't conditional

Like I said earlier, it's all bout perspectives.. We sure see things differently..

Fair retort. But I find the embolden a bit contradictory and would appreciate if you share more light on that.

In one breath you're saying that love depends and maturate based on our actions, energy, and dedication towards making it work. But in another you echoed that love isn't conditional, in other words it's unconditional.

If our actions and inaction can determine the outcome of love doesn't that means it's conditional? If there are a certain things and hardwork one need to put up to impress someone and make love flourish how can it then be said to be unconditional when circumstance that made about the love blossom was based on one's actions? Pardon my ignorance but I'd appreciate if you can address this. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 8:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lol. You can love two people at a time but you can choose to subdue a feeling by restraining oneself and taking up new hobbies to aid distraction. Our forefathers married more than one wives and in most cases treated and loved them evenly. We don't just want to accept that we're animals.

Bros e go dey hard small to accept say we be animals ooooo

Especially not this season wey dem dey slaughter animals up and down grin grin

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
Suigeneris93:

I didn't no it was paining u oh
Condolences grin

Now u know, send me flowers cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by ronald4lif(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
scentmarlc:

Bros e go dey hard small to accept say we be animals ooooo

Especially not this season wey dem dey slaughter animals up and down grin grin

Before them use man don suya. cheesy grin
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
misspicy:

1) it is possible to Love two persons at a time equally provided there is distance and the right resources,Trust me,it is 100% possible

2)It is very possible to be just friends with a person you love,lol,it only cost you discipline.

3)I am a very secretive person,so if I happen to be in any of the above situation trust me,its like an icing on a cake,no batting of eyes cheesygringrin amma do my sh!t and move on

Note: the above is nothing but my opinion,and we humans relate to situations differently I think I will advice your friend to have a open mind about the whole sh!t,just allow time and circumstances play out naturally,meanwhile enjoy the show while it last wink

my #1000note gringrin

Hope say uno go ask me for change from this #1000 note u dash me so grin grin grin

Thanks babe.

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
ronald4lif:

Before them use man don suya. cheesy grin
Heheheheheheh suya still better,
Before dem go use man pikin do asun grin grin grin
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Cherlene(f): 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
emusmith:

Lols...Are you sure you are not the "friend"? cheesy

Good QUESTION!

- wondering!

Cherlene
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
ronald4lif:

Fair retort. But I find the embolden a bit contradictory and would appreciate if you share more light on that.

In one breath you're saying that love depends and maturate based on our actions, energy, and dedication towards making it work. But in another you echoed that love isn't conditional, in other words it's unconditional.

If our actions and inaction can determine the outcome of love doesn't that means it's conditional? If there are a certain things and hardwork one need to put up to impress someone and make love flourish how can it then be said to be unconditional when circumstance that made about the love blossom was based on one's actions? Pardon my ignorance but I'd appreciate if you can address this. Thanks.
LoL!grin I obviously contradicted myself! I'm always doing that!

And uh...Nah! You're not ignorant...
nyways....You seem to be Somewhat Confused... Unconditional love is caring about the happiness of another person without any thought for what We might get for ourselves..

Yes! Our actions determine the strength n longevity of love..Buh Love being unconditional is far from the point.. Ideal love is unconditional in the sense that it is unaffected by the conditions of reality, in other words, reality cannot change it. It is also unconditional in the sense of willingness to give everything to one's partner...

So, we wanting to work in strengthening this "LOVE" Isn't concrete proof that Love is conditional...Uh, maybe an icing to the cake?

for instance, A mother's Love!! We all know it's Unconditional, Right? Buh Her/Our Actions determines the strength of that Love..the length it could go.

Honestly, I don't know how else to Buttress my points..my Apologies?cry
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Cherlene(f): 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
Estharfabian:

- @ Bolded, wow.
ADEQUATELY SAID.

Scentmarlc I could not AGREE more with
Estharfabian.

Cherlene
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by ronald4lif(m): 9:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
Estharfabian:
LoL!grin I obviously contradicted myself! I'm always doing that!

And uh...Nah! You're not ignorant...
nyways....You seem to be Somewhat Confused... Unconditional love is caring about the happiness of another person without any thought for what We might get for ourselves..

Yes! Our actions determine the strength n longevity of love..Buh Love being unconditional is far from the point.. Ideal love is unconditional in the sense that it is unaffected by the conditions of reality, in other words, reality cannot change it. It is also unconditional in the sense of willingness to give everything to one's partner...

So, we wanting to work in strengthening this "LOVE" Isn't concrete proof that Love is conditional...Uh, maybe an icing to the cake?

for instance, A mother's Love!! We all know it's Unconditional, Right? Buh Her/Our Actions determines the strength of that Love..the length it could go.

Honestly, I don't know how else to Buttress my points..my Apologies?cry

Your points are well articulated and elaborated and to be fair I think it's the best anyone can go in justifying the love is unconditional misconception.

I call it misconception because I hold a concrete view that love is conditional and not unconditional. My views are my personal perspective just like yours are to you. However, we can only narrate individual divergent reasons to substantiate our posture.

Before I proceed, please let's refer to the definition of unconditional based on global standard dictionary terms. Unconditional can be defined as not limited by condition, absolute or anything of total value. In contrast, condition is defined to be something of existing state, or anything with certain limitations among others.

Now if one need to make positive impact, work and make sound dedication to make their love between their partner subsist and flourish then they have been "conditioned" to behave in a certain way to sustain their love. It's not absolute, for if it were their action and inaction will be quiescent and their partner love for them would still be effective regardless of whether their actions are fair to them.

If one need to adapt to a certain lifestyle and action to harmonise and impress their partner they have switched to a condition to conform to the other person ideals. They have been conditioned.

Ever asked people who are their ideal partner and they their respond is; he/she must be educated, dark/fair, tall/athletic, Yoruba/Igbo and they must be rich? That's their self-assigned existing conditions for them to love you.

If love were to be unconditional there won't be any preconceived standards on the type of person we fall in love with. Our response and mindset would be receptive to accept whoever makes advances at us; whether short, penurious as a barrow pusher, and illiterate.

I can go on and on but if the way one get treated by their partner determines the outcome and longevity of their love then it's conditional. The moment they DEVIATE from those treats the love breaks down and you said it was unconditional? Does that make sense?

Even motherly love isn't unconditional but it's a more persuasive argument when compared to unrelated amorous love. The mother love to their kids ONLY exist because they gave birth to them, otherwise it's conditional, they have been straitjacket by blood relationship. If it were someone else kids the love will have limitations.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
ronald4lif:

Your points are well articulated and elaborated and to be fair I think it's the best anyone can go in justifying the love is unconditional misconception.

I call it misconception because I hold a concrete view that love is conditional and not unconditional. My views are my personal perspective just like yours are to you. However, we can only narrate individual divergent reasons to substantiate our posture.

Before I proceed, please let's refer to the definition of unconditional based on global standard dictionary terms. Unconditional can be defined as not limited by condition, absolute or anything of total value. In contrast, condition is defined to be something of existing state, or anything with certain limitations among others.

Now if one need to make positive impact, work and make sound dedication to make their love between their partner subsist and flourish then they have been "conditioned" to behave in a certain way to sustain their love. It's not absolute, for if it were their action and inaction will be quiescent and their partner love for them would still be effective regardless of whether their actions are fair to them.

If one need to adapt to a certain lifestyle and action to harmonise and impress their partner they have switched to a condition to conform to the other person ideals. They have been conditioned.

Ever asked people who are their ideal partner and they their respond is; he/she must be educated, dark/fair, tall/athletic, Yoruba/Igbo and they must be rich? That's their self-assigned existing conditions for them to love you.

If love were to be unconditional there won't be any preconceived standards on the type of person we fall in love with. Our response and mindset would be receptive to accept whoever makes advances at us; whether short, penurious as a barrow pusher, and illiterate.

I can go on and on but if the way one get treated by their partner determines the outcome and longevity of their love then it's conditional. The moment they DEVIATE from those treats the love breaks down and you said it was unconditional? Does that make sense?

Even motherly love isn't unconditional but it's a more persuasive argument when compared to unrelated amorous love. The mother love to their kids ONLY exist because they gave birth to them, otherwise it's conditional, they have been straitjacket by blood relationship. If it were someone else kids the love will have limitations.

@bolded...That is not true love!!! but A fraction of The feeling.

The main reason I had doubts if it ever existed. coz honestly? i do not think it does...

If Love isn't built unconditionally, then, trust Me...that is Not LOVE!!
nyways.... I'd still n will always have my doubts about Love...true love preferably..so many definitions of the word, its almost annoying! angry

True love is rare(A myth to me) And one would be extremely lucky to ever find it.

1 Like

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by ronald4lif(m): 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
Estharfabian:
@bolded...That is not true love!!! but A fraction of The feeling.

The main reason I had doubts if it ever existed. coz honestly? i do not think it does...

If Love isn't built unconditionally, then, trust Me...that is Not LOVE!!
nyways.... I'd still n will always have my doubts about Love...true love preferably..so many definitions of the word, its almost annoying! angry

True love is rare(A myth to me) And one would be extremely lucky to ever find it.

Oh, you don't even believe true love exist or should I say are skeptical of it existence? That's fair. My purpose of argument against true love as an actuality is for anyone who hold opposing view. Not for someone like who have doubts. But believe me it is a farce and not a reality, however, we're entitle to our thoughts nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by scentmarlc(m): 10:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
Cherlene:

Good QUESTION!
- wondering!
Cherlene

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmM

Stop wondering cherlene!

1 Like

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Omotayor123(f): 11:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
Scentmarlc... Marriage issue is the exclusive decision
of the parties involved. No one should decide for you, because that's for you to decide.

All I can say is "Follow your heart "wink
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Cherlene(f): 12:09am On Jan 02, 2016
scentmarlc:

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmM

Stop wondering cherlene!

shocked shocked
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by RobinHez(m): 12:21am On Jan 02, 2016
Teempakguy:

undecided
We went to the beach, and salt water
entered into my bag which contained my laptop and
my phone . . . Destroying them . . .

Hope they can be fixed sha..
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 02, 2016
RobinHez:
undecided
and the point of this smiley is . . . ?

Hope they can be fixed sha..
we will see about that.
Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by Nobody: 2:54am On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:
Nah! it looked like You were rambling!undecided

They were all Greek to me...first time I felt like a total dummy...I promise, I'm Usually very smart!cry

Anyhoo....It's a matter of perspectives...You've got yours. I've got mine!
sorry about that. it's probably because you're not familiar with slightly advanced math. the diary is in fact a very novice one. only 100 level math.

anyway, it's up to you now to pay back and write I diary that will make ME feel like a dummy. that's if you can pull it off.

on the love issue, take a father and two kids. it should be possible for him to love both kids at the same time. right?
but oh, you say. he isn't going to sleep with them, so it doesn't count! well, I think we've already established that lust can be fixed on several individuals. I think it's a safe conclusion that the romantic love you're talking about is a subclass of love in general, and therefore inherits the properties. such as the possibility of having it for more than one person.
I'm trying to share my perspective here.

1 Like

Re: NEW YEAR DILEMMA : Love One, Care For Another !!! by RobinHez(m): 7:15am On Jan 02, 2016
Teempakguy:
and the point of this smiley is . . . ?
undecided

we will see about that.

Ok..cool. Just be careful next time. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massage(somewhere In Lagos)-www.sisicaro.net / (photo) Real Men Favorite Meal. Do You Agree? / Woman Begs Student To Leave Her Husband After Infecting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.