Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

What Everybody Ought To Know... About Herpes Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Everybody Ought To Know... About Herpes Virus (3770 Views)

Child Treated For HIV At Birth Remains Virus-Free Years After Final Treatment / How Can I Avoid Passing The Herpes Virus To My Sexual Partners? / I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Everybody Ought To Know... About Herpes Virus by Hubtain(m): 10:33am On Jan 02, 2016
What Do You Know About Herpes Virus?
... too many adults in Nigeria don't know anything about herpes virus probably because we have a poor information dissemination system here. The virus is spreading rapidly these days, we can protect ourselves and others from it. Learning more about this infection is an important step...
In line with sproutby's objective of availing every lay person in Nigeria any relevant healthcare information in a people friendly content, I'm writing this post to inform you about this virus- herpes simplex. And please join me to enlighten others about the virus by sharing this post to your friends on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter...
So, here's my promise----- I'll try as much as I could to tell you the much I know about the virus- herpes in a layman's language...

Herpes also known as herpes simplex virus is one of the common infections caused by herpes simplex virus. Herpes is a contagious virus (it can spread from a person who has it to another)...
***Important Facts About Herpes Virus***
•You can contract this disease by having a direct contact with the fluid from the blisters or sores of an infected person.
•A pregnant woman can transfer this virus to her baby if she's experiencing herpes outbreaks at the time of delivery.And the virus could cause complications in an ongoing pregnancy.
•Herpes Simplex Virus is a sexually transmittable disease (infection)
•Other sexually transmittable diseases like syphilis may look like herpes virus
•You can't use anti-bacterial for this kind of infection...(anti-bacterial don't work for virus)
•There's currently no cure for herpes virus----- However, there are medications for subsiding and managing herpes outbreaks frequency.
•Most people with this virus don't have symptoms because herpes can remain inactive until something triggers it... It's true: you can have the virus without even knowing.
•Sunlight, stress, fever can trigger oral herpes outbreaks
•Weak immune system, if you've had or have other STDs, hormonal changes like mensural cycle can trigger genital herpes outbreaks.
•Symptoms appear around the mouth, face, genital, anal, eye... in form of blisters and cold sores.
•Genital herpes are commonly spread through any form of sexual activity such as oral, anal and genital s*x
•You can also catch the virus by k*ssing a person who has oral herpes outbreak

Types of Herpes Virus
Herpes virus is of two types:
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 Herpes Simplex Virus 2
Herpes simplex virus 1&2 both manifest in form of sores and blisters around some parts of the body of an infected person. Herpes simplex virus is generally categorized based on the part of the body infected- it's called oral herpes when the mouth and face is infected and genital herpes when it involves the genitals.
How Can I know if I have the Virus? Find out here: www.sproutby.com/2016/01/what-everybody-ought-to-know-about.html?m=1

Re: What Everybody Ought To Know... About Herpes Virus by lekan29ice(m): 10:56am On Jan 02, 2016
Ki olohun ma sowa ooo

2 Likes

Re: What Everybody Ought To Know... About Herpes Virus by njiasi30(f): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2016
Nice info.

1 Like

Re: What Everybody Ought To Know... About Herpes Virus by defendedvictim(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
Na wa o...good info tho. Lemme gaan ask google of what it looks lyk

1 Like

Re: What Everybody Ought To Know... About Herpes Virus by Danyl(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Nice post. this very virus is the cause of whitlow, as you all know its very stubborn to treat, the only language it understand is heat before it get 'full blown' I recently wrote an article about how you can manage it locally using locally available materials here www.healthquorum.com/index/posts/how-to-treat-whitlow-locally/
most people dont know they have it and of the ways you will know if you got herpes simplex2 is if you dip any of your fingers in your mouth especially when you have mouth sore Is if whitlow attack your finger.

(1) (Reply)

Flagyl For Diarrhoea: Does It Actually Stop Stooling / See How To Locally Cure Typhoid Fever, Symptoms And Remedy. / Please Help Me!! 3rd Time I'm Having Malaria And Typhoid Within 7months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.