Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! (3737 Views)

Pls How Can I Gain My Weight Back / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by Ceekay(m): 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2010
I am 24 years old and i'm slim/thin/lekpa
For Godsake i've eaten everything under the planet, even resorting to Junk Food which anysane person will scamper away from
i eat fatty meats, i dont even do much exercise in order not to burn the small fat i have sad
Please recommend something for me.
I dont mind becoming an orobo, so long as i can slim down to an appreciable size
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by Idowuogbo(f): 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2010
chop elephant ear , trust guaranteed to work cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
jus teasin u properly dont have d metabolism to b fat ,
some people are like dat jus focus on other stuff dat would drive d attention away from ur lepaness
ave loads of lepa friends like dat wen u c dem , trust me u wud appreciate skinny bobos
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by tayoast(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2010
tirin gbeku no be disease my broda
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by Acidosis(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2010
Try malt + milt for weeks. Come back with testimony
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by lomaxx: 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2010
Acidosis:

Try malt + milt for weeks. Come back with testimony
don't tell me you're joking?
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by lomaxx: 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2010
Increasing your intake of junk
foods and greasy foods is not a
good way to gain weight. Junk
foods usually contain unhealthy
trans fats or saturated fats. Even
though you need to increase
your calorie consumption to gain
weight, those calories should
come from foods that are good
for you.
Healthy fats include omega-3
essential fatty acids sources like
tuna, salmon, flax, and walnuts.
Good sources of protein include
lean meats, fish, poultry, nuts,
seeds and legumes. Healthy
carbohydrate sources include
fruits, vegetables and whole
grains.
It may be easier to eat five or six
smaller balanced meals per day
rather than eating three large
meals, especially if you are not
used to eating much at one
sitting.
Protein powders and nutritional
supplement drinks such as
Ensure ( compare prices) can be
added as in-between meal
snacks if you still need more
calories. Some protein powders
are flavored and only need added
water and some others can be
blended with your choice of juice
or milk to improve the taste.
It would also be a healthy idea to
add a small amount of flax seed
oil and some psyllium powder to
add some omega-3 essential
fatty acids and extra fiber.
Dietary Supplements and
Gaining Weight
A high-quality multivitamin and
mineral supplement is a good
idea to make sure you are
getting all of the vitamins and
minerals you need. Some people
find that their muscle mass
increases with protein
supplements that contain certain
blends of amino acids such as
creatine (compare prices) and
glutamine (compare prices).
Some people who are very ill may
need liquid nutritional
preparations that are available
through their doctors.
Resistive Exercise To Gain
Weight
Exercise is also important for
healthy weight gain. Resistance
training exercises such as lifting
weights will help to increase
your muscle size. Aerobic
exercises such as running and
stationary bicycling are better for
fat loss and excessive aerobic
training may cause you to lose
more weight. Resistance training
can be done at a health club, gym
or at home with the proper
equipment.
Remember that it can take a
while to gain the weight you
need, but be patient and
continue to choose healthy foods
until you reach your goal weight.
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by whiteroses(f): 1:54am On Jun 30, 2010
tayo_ast:

tirin gbeku no be disease my broda
lmao one of the many names for a slim person 4 naija, they pick on them so much its not fair, lepa,lepa shandy, tiringbeku, lepa stone stone, figure 1, efon o l'eran tan, elese toothpick just to mention a few and before you try to start a fight everyone will remind you of how slim you are while your opponents tells you he will break you into two lol
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by yvyy(f): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2010
@ceekay buy cipron take one a day.lots of lekpa pple came out of lekpa w dat drug.but ensure u r not goin anywhere d nxt day cos when u take it,u will be so  useless in dat u will just be sleepin and eating.ensure u r on leave b4 takin it shaa.and d side effect is your body will shake out of hunger so ensure there r food around b4 u sleep off.
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by tayoast(m): 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
whiteroses:

lmao one of the many names for a slim person 4 naija, they pick on them so much its not fair, lepa,lepa shandy, tiringbeku, lepa stone stone, figure 1, efon o l'eran tan, elese toothpick just to mention a few and before you try to start a fight everyone will remind you of how slim you are while your opponents tells you he will break you into two lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin
TKO!!!, . . roflmao

Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by jemvendor: 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2010
To gain weight, you need to eat more calories than your body uses each day. You need to do this regularly. It's not enough just to have the occasional extra snacks. Also, Your GP can also give you advice about eating healthily and making changes to your diet, to help you gain weight.
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by Lekan247: 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
Are You Skinny and looking to Gain weight VISIT LINK NOW FOR SOLUTION >> pharmworldng..com.ng/2016/01/how-to-gain-weight-in-nigeria.html
Re: Help! How Do I Gain Weight?! by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 18, 2020
jemvendor:
To gain weight, you need to eat more calories than your body uses each day. You need to do this regularly. It's not enough just to have the occasional extra snacks. Also, Your GP can also give you advice about eating healthily and making changes to your diet, to help you gain weight.
You and I know that all these things don't always work - I know people (who are HIV negative) who eat 7+ times a day but have nothing to show for it - they are thin. If you want to gain weight, try drug abuse like adriano of inter milan - Try taking insulin, you can also try CB-1 weight gain. Insulin is responsible for Lipogenesis (a type of fat formation in the body)

Yes I know insulin is for diabetic patients... but what they don't all you is that it's the overdose of insulin that causes the side effects such as seizures (and the likes). The minimum required dose of insulin for diabetic patients is 100 U.I and the maximum is 500 U.I. So a non-diabetic person can take 25 U.I which is half of, half of the minimum dose; this seems very safe to me

(1) (Reply)

Garri And Mango / Help With Acne{pimples} Treatment And Dark Spots / Any Professional Doctor In The House, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.