Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

Coping With Infertility - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coping With Infertility (3795 Views)

Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience / How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? / Coping With Pregnancy & Fibroids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping With Infertility by safe06: 5:51am On Feb 05, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]fertility issues has become a popular topic around the world today,with more and more people becoming aware of their fertility and seeking solutions medically n spiritually. It amazes м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ when some people out there think a couple won't want to have babies after getting married,thus making life unbearable for them by calling them all the time to know y d wife isn't preggy yet,insinuating things like d wife has commited series of abortions dats y she can't have a baby even if she got married as a virgin. Inlaws ar usually d toughest to deal with,making life unbearable for d wife coz dey will neva believe it myt even b their son who Ȋ̝̊̅§ affected with d fertility problem. They care less if the couples ar going through heartache concerning d issue,they just feel its abnormal for a woman not to b pregnant immediately after her wedding. Sometimes the husbands don't help matters,coz they also contribute to the family interference into their problems. What's ur story and how did u cope with it?/ what's ur advice for such couples?

2 Likes

Re: Coping With Infertility by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 05, 2013
@safe06,for me,i dont call or pick calls of outsiders who ask anytime they call.As for my family members and inlaws,they are not that pestering,probably because we are not in lagos and Dh took care of d situation well.My younger sister will be getting married soon,just praying i wil be pregnant b4 then.hmmm,u know,pple staring at ones tummy,d daring ones wil cal me to ask questions,maybe i shouldnt even go for d wedding.d psycological stress may be too much.Just fedup.
Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 10:04am On Feb 05, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]its well zeezy. Its realy sad that women are the ones who get to take all the blames. Go for ur sister's wedding,u don't owe anybody anything,God's time Ȋ̝̊̅§ always the best,just make sure u put up a bold apperance all d tym n don't let anyone weigh U̶̲̅ down. As for d prog,I think u should take a break n face d ivf,coz u ll need a lot of rest during that period. I don't have any family member disturbing м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊,bur its friends who keep buzzing to ask when I ll b dropping my baby so dey can come visit,rily crazy. Its well with us jere.

2 Likes

Re: Coping With Infertility by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
@safe06,tnk jare.i wil try.
Re: Coping With Infertility by abibyy(f): 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
@safe06 thanks for starting dis topic,my sister its frustrating o especially when u r already more than a year in the marriage u will see peaple staring at ur stomach,for me its even more because all my friend re just having babies not that am not happy for them but the annoying thing is that they will not tell me n i will just here it frm another person nd i know is bcoos am ttc nd even inlaws av a way of asking u might not notice if u av a supporting hubby.for me is like i dont even have any other thing am
thinking aexept this ivf/ttc thing am getting more nd more frutrated this days.pls all the mamas in the house share ur experience nd how u were able to cope till God answer ur prayer.i pray d lord answer all our prayers this year o.loads of baby dust to us all.
Re: Coping With Infertility by wonyi: 8:24am On Feb 06, 2013
Good morning mothers, dealing with infertility is unbearable but God is able
Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 9:16am On Feb 07, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Abibby,its well with us all. It just shows the level of our literacy nd sensitivity as concern having babies. Though I'm not up to a year in marriage,I av friends who ar up to n already worried dey ar yet to conceive. I keep saying it that its not by our power that a woman conceives,its when God says its time. My aunt of about 50yrs just put to bed late 2010 n a set of twins early diz year,dats God @ work. My advice to U̶̲̅ Ȋ̝̊̅§ to distract urself from pregnancy issues,coz thinking about it causes delay too ,ur body needs to b relaxed.watch comedy films,read inspirational books, pray,pray and pray for a healthy,blessed child not just a child, learn a handwork,or further in ur education, n most of all b happy coz good things happen to happy people. Sparkling baby dust ur way babes,diz year shall not pass us by insha Allah. Amin.
Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Wonyi ,yeah God Ȋ̝̊̅§ able,let's kip our faith strong n put d devil to shame.
Re: Coping With Infertility by abibyy(f): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
Well said ladies,i pray dis yr will not pass us by amen.

1 Like

Re: Coping With Infertility by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 09, 2013
i
Re: Coping With Infertility by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 09, 2013
@safe06,aslmn alykm.its long since we hear from you.hope there is no problem.kindly pop in to say hi.may Allah ease our affairs.Am inviting you to a thread i opened in the islam for muslim forum(prayers for muslims ttc) so we can pray together and our muslim brothers and sisters can pray for us.expecting the humorous safe06.

1 Like

Re: Coping With Infertility by uzoo: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2013
i just want to chip in here.

As difficult as this might be , believe me sweet hearts ,it really works.

ignore every stress that may come with infertility: what i mean here is, live life to the fullest while expecting your baby's arrival. do not occupy your mind with what you assume everyone (including your in-laws) must be thinking about you or your partner/hubby,during your ttc period.

Create a quite time for your self alone , it could be around 12am ,3am , any time at all 20 to 40 mins to your self,no gadgets, phones , tv should be left on. Say a.
particular prayer at this time,read a particular portion of the bible too ,say positive things to your self and just meditate and do some breathing exercise.You can do this any where, bathroom, bedroom , but just make sure you are alone and its quiet where you are.You can do this everyday.

This is a sure way of coping with any kind of stress.
Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]@uzoo,thanx dear for Ʊя̩̥̊ contribution,trust м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊,its easier said than done,my only prayer Ȋ̝̊̅§ for God not to test м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ more than I can bear. I like Ʊя̩̥̊ suggestions,I ll try them. Its well with babes.
Re: Coping With Infertility by Iyabetajos(f): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
safe thanks for startin dis thread.coping wit infertility is nt funny @ all.in my estate am d only one without a child.just last week dh cousin came to my house n was sayin i should do somethin b4 pple start laughin @ us.may God see us tru

1 Like

Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
@iyabetajos,hmmmm,its not an easy thing ooo,let's just try to ignore what people say or do to us,we are not barren,we will multiply,God will give us d best. Let's just do our own part by getting medical advices and praying to God,then leave the rest to our almighty God. He will not fail us. Amin.
Re: Coping With Infertility by Iyabetajos(f): 6:49am On Jun 03, 2013
yes dats d spirit.may we neva experience sorrow in our homes.Also i found multi-maca as in maca roots combo with soy.have been takin it bt noticed my libido is something i cant seem to keep up with.am thinkin of droppin it ohhh.wat do u think
Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
@iyabetajos,yeparipa,incriz in libido,u are OYO oooo,lolz. Mayb u should take a break for now from d Maca.

1 Like

Re: Coping With Infertility by Iyabetajos(f): 7:05am On Jun 04, 2013
safe hehehehehehe na true i dey talk oh.i go stop am abeg before i start followin bobo to d office.i don drop am abeg.tanx dear
Re: Coping With Infertility by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2013
Hello ladies!I de feel everybody. Una well done.infertility is one huge problem that has ended marriages and lives.but I thank God for his grace and science. Let me share a story of a collegue on her journey.married 8 yrs ago to d only son.she made d mistake of tellin d husband she had fibroid op a year b4 her marriage.recently she don't go home cause d inlaws said she knew she was barren b4 he marriage. 3yrs ago,our lady boss took her to her doctor and they commenced treatment.she don't mensurate,within some months,she started seeing her AF,ovulation was confirmed and she took in. Our office gave her house rest till whenever.we were at a weddin when she cald that she was havin serious pains.went to hospital and it was discoverd that it was ectopic.baby was flushed out.
She started again,yet to get there but she had hope.
I shared this story so that some will not lose hope.this woman has bn to hospitals,spent money,what has she not passed tru? I can't go into what she has to endure from her MIL.
So for eveyone tryin,its frustratin I know but God our maker sees and hears. Today she has takin in again and its progressing well.as it has happened to this wonderful aunty,I pray others will share their diff testimonies in due time. God bless u all

1 Like

Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
@iyabetajos,nothing do u. Abeg give d maca a break,make u no for break dh back. Heheeheee
@yellowpawpaw,hmmmm,d things women go through ehn,its only God that can help us. Ȋ̝̊̅§ it her fault she had fibroid?Ȋ̝̊̅§ her husband not born of a woman who could possibly have suffered from such?Ȋ̝̊̅§ her mil not a woman too,Ȋ̝̊̅§ fibroid a self-caused condition?doesn't d mil have female kids?so many questions my dear but God knows best. Thanks for this testimony u gave,I pray she delivers safely. Amin.
Re: Coping With Infertility by Iyabetajos(f): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
kai
d troubles women endure.reminds me of my uncles wife.dey have been
married for 5yrs plus.he kept telin us she is d one wit d problem dat
she doesnt have a womb.dis woman suffered ehhn.december @rd deir
anniversary she fell ill only to b told she is preggy.she is heavy nw n
dat is hw we discoverd it was d husband dat had attention dysfunction.May God give us grace to run dis race.me,i know delay is nt denial so we just need to b patient
Re: Coping With Infertility by HoneyBony: 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
Just seeing this forum for the first time.Coping wt infertility hmmm ....has nt been easy,especially when news are brought to my notice that so so so person that got married nine month ago has given birth and I keep wondering why mine is taking this long to come.But my dear mamas I leave everything in God' hand b'cos I've tried my best.
This TTC journey had make me distance my self from families and friends just b'cos I don't want any1 to remind me that I don't have a child yet and I hate when people stare at me trying to confirm whether I'm pregnant or not to the extent that I know.
There is this friend of my Dh that use to disturb us asking all the time what are we waiting for that we shud give him a child,when I couldn't bear it again I cut him off; I stop seeing him and stop picking his calls..My dear sisters this same guy is now married for 4yrs now wtout a child,now he knows the impact of those words he used to say to me.

I Always tell God this. " I WILL TRY MY BEST TODAY BUT IF I FAILED PLS REMIND ME THAT YOUR PLANS FOR ME ARE BETTER THAN MY DREAMS.
May Allah answer us all sooner than we expect amen.Baby dust to all.

1 Like

Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
@honeybony,hmmmm,u know,I keep saying some people indirectly place curses upon themselves,but they don't know they are the cause. I keep saying nobody should blame a couple yet to have a baby,neither should blame be put on some people yet to be married,we never know why some things happen. We can only keep acting right and calling on God to have mercy on us,whilst begging for forgiveness of sins committed knowingly or unknowingly. Its well with us. Amin.
@iyabetajos,God Ȋ̝̊̅§ good. That's all I can say about ur uncle's wife testimony.
Re: Coping With Infertility by Iyabetajos(f): 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
safe,yes oohh.TTC is really gettin@me today.since morning its lyk everyone is justtryin to ask y e neva happen.oh God,where wil i find solace.i ran to church for a programme,wen i got home,Dh started pickin unnecessary quarrel oh.
Re: Coping With Infertility by VENUSS(f): 8:01am On Jun 18, 2013
@Iyabetajos, even dou me too de rant now. Abeg just ignore all of them. What I used to say is "anybody that has problem with me not having a child yet? Should go and query God, cos its him that gives. Make anybody no just disturb me"
Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 10:12am On Jun 18, 2013
@iyabetajos,its realy not easy,but I believe God will do what's best for us.
@venus,www.correct talk.com. Daz all.
Re: Coping With Infertility by safe06: 10:12am On Jun 18, 2013
@iyabetajos,its realy not easy,but I believe God will do what's best for us.
@venus,www.correct reply.com. Daz all.
Re: Coping With Infertility by Iyabetajos(f): 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
SAFE,VENUS AM SO SO GRATEFUL
Re: Coping With Infertility by HoneyBony: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
Just read a news that brought tears to my eyes; A 400 level student of OAU gave birth to a boy this morning in the hostel toilet and attempted to flush the baby thru the water closet.Thanks to one of the cleaner that heard a baby cry and called for help.This same babies is what sum of us are spending our fortune on just to have one.God only you knows why.
May God crown our effort amen.
Re: Coping With Infertility by Ticha: 7:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
Coping with infertility - hmmm

10 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Get An HIV Treatment Center In Porthacourt / What Everybody Ought To Know... About Herpes Virus / Help! How Do I Gain Weight?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.