Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

About Women Making The First Move. - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About Women Making The First Move. (61572 Views)

Why Men Should Not Get Advice From Women About Women / The Raw Truth About Women. / Guys Its High Time You Stopped Making Bad Generalization About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by MizMyColi(f): 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
smileysmiley

ronald4lif:

Nicely written. But pardon my ignorance. You said that if you're a lady who's insecure and egoistic one shouldn't ask a guy out.

Yes, it's for their own good ultimately. Though if they feel they're up for it, then they can...experience has thought that it doesn't profit much, even with the best intentioned guy...except he's the kind that rarely ever gives up on people.‎

I've restated earlier that women who initiate romance are confident, bold and not afraid to go for what they want. Your admission of insecurity is to say they lack confidence, frightened by the thought of failure. What does that say of them?

I'm not in a position to judge people. If I used to, then I'm consciously trying to stop it. You see, my dear, no one is perfect...this life we got, this journey we're towing, it's a learning experience. Both genders deal with insecurity at some level, some; higher, others; lower, some; negligible.
That a person is not confident and insecure isn't their fault per se. They did not actually choose to be that way. The path towards light, complete overwhelming light ‎can be stormy, dark and all tunell-ish at times.  What I can however do, is show them love and grace and point them to their higher self, where all truth about them resides. When they begin to live those truths, insecurity and shame will disappear instantly.

In another instance, you said if a woman knows the man in question is a confident type, one who can't stigmatise her and if the lady is certain she won't be slighted she can make the first move?

smiley
I don't remember saying "if she's certain she won't be slighted" if I did, then I take that back. A guy could be really into you and still reject your advances....this is where being secure and self-possesed comes in - that way, you'll be able to handle whatever the turnout in good faith.‎

‎‎
What you're saying here is that any lady who can't muster the courage and find a mind worthy of asking him out has no reason to be with such man, even if he's the initiator of an affair. The man is simply unfit for her. ‎

No My Darling, I haven't said so. I think I'm being misconstrued. If you fancy a guy and you think you are not up for asking him out, you just be you...be present. Don't let yourself become a victim of anticipation....and when he finally asks you out, you'll find out you'll feel more fulfilled.‎

So my question to you is why should a woman involve herself in a romance with a man who lacks confidence and unsuitable for her even if the man is the initiator?

Okay, if I get you correctly, the points raised here is that
1. The man lacks confidence
2. Is unsuitable for her
3. He is the initiator.

Okay first off...it is solely her prerogative what she decides to do should she find herself in a situation above. We're really in no position to decide who and why she should date anyone. Sometimes, we are sent into the lives of some folks to raise them up. If she has been imbued with the capacity to love a man who has little or no confidence in himself, she can take the leap.

Also, what makes him unsuitable? Are her reasons timetested?

Really dear, there's no one size fits all.
People just need to follow their heart and stay true to it, and they'll be finesmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2016
keyzid:

shuuuu angry angry angry Plenty irresponsible shark i see. If you see a good husband material, it's better you don' let him. Husband scarce dese days. No be play talk oo. Many just want to have a taste of the punny midst sweet talks from their sugarcoated mouth. Very few just want to be serious. expecially in this our generation. so, forget that mentality ooo. Even as a guy, i can tell you, out of every 100 ladies i might see in a day, maybe 5 might just be the real wife material.
Husband is scarce??grin

who's looking for one??undecided When I'm busy looking for money!?
Abegi!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
Xtracoool:

You and smiley
I adore smileys....wink

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by kinglekan: 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
francizy:

I no mind oh, so which one will do it best?

M.zpecs, Lav.eda or Olivia.arims? cheesy cheesy cheesy

No of the above.

Delectablegyal, pussysandie, sandie or irunoobo would do just fine. grin

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
gemale:

Even if u rili rili like him? U wld allow ur ego get in d way of u attaining romantic fulfillment? Well its still ur tym 2 make yanga.
I'd still make my "Yanga" even after 30!!cool

LoL!grin I'd flash him those romantic signs n lights...if he can't decipher its meaning, then, he ain't smart! I detest dumb people!

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by lookingfly: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
See ehn ! If I like you, I will definitely show you a greenlight and it's expected of you to woo me.. And if you can't, I will drastically lose interest in you cool
I think gals most times want to be worshipped and that's what most guys find very hard like me. I have been in a position where a gal kept on giving me the strongest green light possible and was very glaring she wants me to woo. I went ahead wooed and the next thing..... I have a boyfriend. So I let her be but now she feels like eating me raw because she was expecting I will keep pestering her. But am too big for that, why the forming for me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
erico2k2:

That's what guys term the first move. U do t need to physically ask him out. All that you just said would make him take U on a date. Of he can't see the light your flinging at him then he is colour blind ie not good.
Thanks!wink

You're a Darling!wink

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tosyne2much(m): 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Some ladies expect guys to know when they are in the mood to be wooed, if they are his level or not... like he is psychic _ yet they can't do same.
Guys get turned down everyday, and they are not dead.

You don't go about approaching every random guy, those signs you expect a young man to watch out for, you should be smart enough to watch out for same signs.

Observing a guy closely (especially when you guys have established a reasonable degree of familiarity), you would notice if he is into you but has issues expressing himself probably for fear of being turned down too. That's the time to strike... grin

Kachisbarbie, quickly PM me and send ur bank account details cool
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by tosyne2much(m): 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
lookingfly:
I think gals most times want to be worshipped and that's what most guys find very hard like me. I have been in a position where a gal kept on giving me the strongest green light possible and was very glaring she wants me to woo. I went ahead wooed and the next thing..... I have a boyfriend. So I let her be but now she feels like eating me raw because she was expecting I will keep pestering her. But am too big for that, why the forming for me.
Brother, that is the society we find ourselves
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Akious2k2(m): 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
It's funny how some ladies think guys are dumb 4 not responding 2 there supposed "Green light"

Must every guy talk 2 every lady

2 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by TaiKuun(m): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:
I'm sorry?cry
issorai
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:
Husband is scarce??grin

who's looking for one??undecided When I'm busy looking for money!?
Abegi!
cheesy :DAre you for real? I love ladies who wants to hav etheir own money rather than sit on one mans ready made wealth angry.
All the same, in a bid to hustling for the betterment of life, don't forget, you will be needing a partner in all at some moments.
My One Penny advice grin grin.
I'm Dayo btw.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by coltaine(m): 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
I would like to commend d op as wel as oda contributors to d topic....i c brilliance here. Since opinions are subjectiv, dis ma opinion...i wouldnt mind to b wooed by a female frnd, i repeat a "frnd" nd my reason bin dt d only reason i wud eva take a gal serius is if dr was at least a level of familiarisatn btw us....dere is sumtin c'mon to gals, it's hard to knw wat dy are tinkin lyk d guy who wantd 2 pull out pple's eye because he mistook a gal starin at him as a GREENLIGHT, on a personal level i dnt bliv in dos so calld "greenlights" o...na scam!...i dnt nid a greenlight, if i like u. At least i wil woo u wit ma mind prepared 4 a rejectn bt greenlights make u tink d wooin is gonn b positive bt u end up hearin i av a boyfrnd...nd u stil xpect 2 kip chasin u...all in d name of showin i luv u

1 Like

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
keyzid:

cheesy :DAre you for real? I love ladies who wants to hav etheir own money rather than sit on one mans ready made wealth angry.
All the same, in a bid to hustling for the betterment of life, don't forget, you will be needing a partner in all at some moments.
My One Penny advice grin grin.
I'm Dayo btw.
When I've actually made it in Life, then, I'd look for a significant partner...tongue

Buh for now...that's like the least of my priorities...tongue

I'm Esther... smiley
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Laveda(f): 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
oseod:

Nah...not scared of rejection....at least not anymore
The problem then was I prepared a script in my mind where i was the producer and director and she didn't follow the script....

Right now no script. ..after doing a very brief analysis on the babe in question I walk up to her with no expectations....... since id really only be interested being a friend...
and I know girls hardly do that except she's immature or she was scammed in computer village that very day

I personally don't see anything wrong with a girl approaching a guy...... relationships start from stranger-friendship-dating-courtship
At the friendship stage It shouldn't really matter who approached who...

Even if it's the guy who approached you, so long as he's immature, the guy would still take you for granted once he knows your weaknesses

Like I said before...its no biggie....just has to do with the guy's mentality.....and level of maturity.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Yeah ma'am I've been waiting for your comment grin
Cc: Naija boiy...
You can see that she further buttressed my point. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by gemale(m): 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:
I'd still make my "Yanga" even after 30!!cool

LoL!grin I'd flash him those romantic signs n lights...if he can't decipher its meaning, then, he ain't smart! I detest dumb people!

Dts harsh I think labeling d person dumb. Some men naturally find it hard 2 comprehend women while some r rili shy & self-conscious around women afraid of offending them & even when som guys out rightly approach u girls, u wld refuse in d name of playing hard 2 get &which some guys might interpret as u girls bt bein in2 dem. Bt if u were 2 approach d guy, he wld @ least know.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
Estharfabian:
When I've actually made it in Life, then, I'd look for a significant partner...tongue

Buh for now...that's like the least of my priorities...tongue

I'm Esther... smiley
lol.. Esther, nice to meet you tho' HNY.. I hope 2015 was an adventurous one?
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

Nah, I'm her tutee. Still learning. grin

Hehehe, I hear you!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 9:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Like I said before...its no biggie....just has to do with the guy's mentality.....and level of maturity.

It's no biggie and you haven't asked me out yet? angry undecided
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

No of the above.

Delectablegyal, pussysandie, sandie or irunoobo would do just fine. grin

Those ain't females na!!

I look gay to you ni? Abi you wan make I come dey press macho chest? Never! angry
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

I don't want all these bois to be disturbing u anyhow. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Lol. If they don't pursue me, I'd have to learn how to pursue them then.
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Laveda(f): 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
francizy:

It's no biggie and you haven't asked me out yet? angry undecided
Just wait!!!!!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
gemale:

Dts harsh I think labeling d person dumb. Some men naturally find it hard 2 comprehend women while some r rili shy & self-conscious around women afraid of offending them & even when som guys out rightly approach u girls, u wld refuse in d name of playing hard 2 get &which some guys might interpret as u girls bt bein in2 dem. Bt if u were 2 approach d guy, he wld @ least know.
LoLgrin

sorry, I'm not human!tongue

I don't play Hard to get...tongue
Besides, those signs should outrightly point out my intentions...it's me "Flirting"...It's totally up to the "Shy, insecure" guy to learn the language...That should atleast tell him I'm interested in him.

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
doveda:

Is this the new naijab oiy I am seeing?

This new year is changing you o shocked

Your posts are devoid of any emotion.

Did you perchance get a new gf or what? :PP

Biko, tell me your secretcheesy
And I don't even know you! cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
wristbangle:

If he fails to decipher the bolded, then he is a bimbo. cheesy
LoL!grin

seriously!
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by doveda: 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
naijaboiy:

And I don't even know you! cheesy

daretodiffersmiley
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol. Y'all will grow beards that will sweep the floor before that happens.

I hope you ain't a feminist tho? angry
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by francizy(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Just wait!!!!!

Waiting... cheesy
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by naijaboiy: 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
Laveda:
Naij aboiy..read this grin grin

You know what? That girl Isheartless embarassed That's the worst way of turning a Nigga down..it can be done politely .... grin before u embark on such journey again..I need to look very well
.and it won't be a random Nigga...I need to study him very well and know his kinda person..this should be applicable to you too...
Chai! cheesy

Talking to random girls is one very difficult task I can't boast of being successful in. Very awkward and challenging.

I have some friends who do it and successfully pull it off. I don't know how they do It. Some guys are just bad. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
tommychow:
Please, stop lying to yourselves ladies. You lack the communication skills to effectively woo him. That's it. You'll be utterly unwise to be completely upfront in your intention to date him. You need to have a lively, interesting first impression so he can open up and enjoy your company. I think that's the problem; 78% of naij girls can't create and maintain an interesting, intellectual conversation. It's always the man's job. Oh, except when it comes to gossiping.

Develop your communication skills, dress attractively not slutty and chyk the hell outta tha nigga.

Hehehehe. "Chyk the the hell outta tha Nigga." How about we start with you?
Re: About Women Making The First Move. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
kinglekan:

If dem born u well attach string na, u go know as water take enta coconut. angry angry

I'm already here preparing my strings..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

My Neighbor Is Chasing My Wife Behind My Back / She Broke Up With Her Boyfriend For Being Too Nice (Photo) / Men Are Getting Weaker And Women Are Getting Stronger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.