Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,282 members, 7,860,659 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare (33370 Views)

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / How Can A Doctor Believe He Saw D Ghost Of A Patient? Religion Has Killed Naija! / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
NORAD:

Thank you but I'll stick to my 6000+ years theory about the earth's age.

Who's talking about discovery of exoplanets? Aren't there billions of stars out there, and don't scientists believe each star is a sun, having its own system of planets?

Of course we're not alone in the universe. Isn't your moniker LucifersTongue? You should know better then.

actually, you are wrong. you see, the entire universe was in fact created last Thursday. the bible, history, and antiquity was popped into existence last Thursday.
this is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by smitez(m): 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
isakabiru98:
There are no problem about religions o,we humans are the problems of ourselves.our mentalities have been corrupt,our hearts have been blackened by evil things.
If you say it is because you can not see God ,that is y you cannot serve you,that means you are not existing.
We all know that we cannot see air but are we not feeling it on our body
People are dying everyday and non of them has come back,where are they going to?
Rain is coming down from the sky,who sent it down to the earth?
TO BE HONEST WITH OURSELVES,OUR RELIGIOUS LEADERS HAVE MADE THE RELIGIONS To BE AN AVENUE FOR EXPLOITATION. Infact,islam want us to think and reasoning not just following leaders dogmatically.please ,GOD EXISTS oooooooollll.

hahahah.. you my friend deserve an award..

ur level of illiteracy is second to none.. so god is the one sending rain.. bro u sound like a 12yrs old.. go and read up more before u will say god is d one that is helping us send our messages on whatsapp and facebook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mopolchi:
You are welcome! Your lessons were educative but I think they were not encompassing. I noticed that you centred now on the NT to drive home your point. First, I will like to tell you vehemently that God as a concept is a mystery which you can't explain fully as it presents itself. But one thing is sure, God is a spirit. Out of all the prophets and servants of God in the OT, only Moses was graced to see the back of God because he chose to show Moses (Exodus 33:20). The bible as I have told you earlier was a historical book of the Jews who sought to explain where they originated and their relationship with God. So recorded in the bible is the Jews' relationship with God. The first part is the relationship with God the father, who created them and catered for them.

The second part is the relationship with God the son, who saved them. The last is the relationship with God the Holy Spirit, who comforted and sanctified them. The Old Testament captured more of God the father, while the New Testament captured God the Son and Holy Spirit.

You cited scriptural quotes of God the Son. Yes, those verses quoted showed God the son who was made man in order to save us yet those living at that time did not see him as God. For they never believed that a God could be in a man's form. For them, he is an Almighty Spirit (See Luke 22: 66- 70). While on earth, Jesus Christ though in the form of man was always God (See Philippians 2: 6- 11). Check these biblical quotes that showed the Spirit nature of Jesus Christ, God the Son: (Read John 20;Luke 24 [Resurrection, appearances and disappearances of Jesus and Ascension; these are not man's qualities]; even devil is afraid of him, not because he was a man but God, which is spirit (Mark 1: 21-28; Mark 5:6-cool; the disciples despite their little faith which was enough according to Jesus were not able to drive out the demon (Matthew 17: 14 - 20), yet Jesus was able to do what men can't do (isn't it a pointer that Jesus Christ was a spirit too; Matthew 14: 13-21 tells you that Jesus Christ fed 5000 after the disciples who were men saw the impossibility of them feeding the 5000 men yet Jesus Christ did it; Matthew 14: 22-32 showed Jesus walking on water to the extent the disciples exclaimed "Truly you are the Son of God!" The foregoing I believe will address the obvious loopholes in your lessons and will go on to substantiate my only contention that God is a spirit.

May God bless you for agreeing with me .

As for the Catholic Church, I need you to read from the last chapter of John to the chapter 11 of the Acts of the Apostles. After reading them, ask yourself which church upholds the dictates stipulated in those chapters now and, still reveres all the apostles there now. Just one holy Catholic Church. Thanks for reading!

Why do you guys erect and bow down to statues of Christ & Mary , and believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary . Do you have biblical proofs to justify your church's practices and beliefs ?
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

Enlighten me then...
as a scientist, you have every right to ask questions. some illiterate can't just come and give you bullshit stories about how he defied the laws of physics and you'll immediately agree because he said God did it. that immediately points out that your days in the university are wasted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 7:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
This is how nigerian students fail simple exam... undecided

Teempakguy:
as a scientist, you have every right to ask questions. some illiterate can't just come and give you bullshit stories about how he defied the laws of physics and you'll immediately agree because he said God did it. that immediately points out that your days in the university are wasted.

I didn't ask u to tutor me about my faith, or remind me I'm wasting my time in the university; just explain how a fella can travel 200miles without gasoline. angry
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by smitez(m): 7:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
NORAD:

It's quite incredible, don't you think. I mean the Bible (that you people claim is a conspiracy)... that over 40 writers were involved and that it took a whole 1,600 years for them to do it. And yet its wonderful unity!

What a conspirac-ious book it is!

A book that showed me the right way, melted my stony and arrogant heart, showed me to love my neighbour, gave me indescribable peace, gave me hope of heaven, gave me power to live DAY AFTER DAY WITHOUT SIN.

What a book you are!

When I thought about giving my heart to the Lord then, I thought the Christian life was going to be a boring one. How wrong I was! The peace that came over me immediately I confessed my sin... I'll let Jesus finish this:

At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children" (Mat 11:25).

Unity Are u alright.. The old testament god was a tyrant (the type that makes Hitler look holy) He was a jealous sadist, racist and committed -if the bible is anything to go by- the greatest genocide in the history of mankind because they do not want to serve him.. its like Gej saying u did not vote for me, I will destroy Nigeria.

How childish!!

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by smitez(m): 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

I didn't ask u to tutor me about my faith, or remind me I'm wasting my time in the university; just explain how a fella can travel 200miles without gasoline. angry

God was pushing the car na.. shebi that's what u chose to belief.. #LeaveReligionForChurch

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by jamace(m): 7:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
TruthPower:

Na today!!! Most foreign things (imports) sell in Nigeria. Weather it makes sense or not to the consumers .
grin grin
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
$
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by mickyeddi(m): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
superior1:

Was that a deduction from a scientific research conducted by you?,pray send me a summary ...oponu

I now see your stupidity was inherited from your brainless parents, you silly 4cktard!

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
smitez:

God was pushing the car na.. shebi that's what u chose to belief.. #LeaveReligionForChurch

Sir...Do you have an explanation to give? If no...shutup! smiley
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by ihatesycophant(m): 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
PDP and Wailers association this man is talking to you. Hear what he said as I quote:
"Another problem: well, our people are docile and the reason why they take all kinds of cheating is that many of them envisage themselves in the position of power someday, too.

If I am X and the oppressor is Y, and the oppressor is oppressing me, stealing all the money, and making life difficult for me and my children, I am not likely to attack him. I’ll pray to God to let my own “miracle” happen so that someday, he will go and I will be in his place. No; I am praying for him to go but for the structure to remain."

Those that take pleasue supporting that that is not good or evil, the man is talking to you.
Those supporting that Dasuki and the rest should not be prosecuted for misapplying and embezzling out common wealth, the man is talking to you.
FaniKAyode, Fayose, Olisa Metuh and their ilks, this man is talking to you.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Mopolchi: 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

May God bless you for agreeing with me .

Why do you guys erect and bow down to statues of Christ & Mary , and believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary . Do you have biblical proofs to justify your church's practices and beliefs ?
I did not concur with you but re-emphasized that God is a spirit even when he took the form of man.

We erect and bow to statues do not mean we worship them. God himself commanded Moses to make a snake and set it on a pole, so that all those who were bitten if they looked upon it would live (Num. 21:4-9). Did they worship the bronze snake? The cross of Jesus Christ in your church, is that not a statue? So I can safely say you're an idolator.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
NORAD:

Excuse me. The world is just 6000+ years old. Go on, quote science and radiocarbon dating technique as much as you like.

So you think I don't watch Discovery Channel?

Referring to Benin bronze head as a mark of advanced civilization goes against sound judgment.

Technology simply means application of science (perhaps separation of bronze from its ore in this case by Benin is what I believe is been referred to here).

Besides, a better example of ancient civilization can be found in Egypt. You should also note that Christianity and science were never in conflict: Atheism and Christianity are.

http://www.blackhistorystudies.com/shop/the-great-mighty-wall/article-about-eredo/

I'm sure you beleive Mungo park discovered River Niger

"Until Lions write their own history, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter"

When a man says "Go on, quote science and radiocarbon dating technique as much as you like.", you know this is a person whose mind is closed and no amount of reason can penetrate him. if you prefer take a storybook over science, then I could tell you 1+1 is 2 but if your bible said otherwise I clearly would be wasting my time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

he's lying, duhh.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
he's lying, duhh.

Epic! smiley

So I can actually rephrase the bolded part of this statement..::
Teempakguy:
because of that, every verse meaning can be updated to keep up with scientific discoveries. and where that is impossible or difficult, one will simply claim that the situation is not literal.

I actually think it's pure genius.

"Every miracle can be analysed to have a scientific explanation...and when that is impossible or difficult to achieve...one can simply claim it never happened"

Aint that pure genius? wink

undecided

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
lookandlaff:

http://www.blackhistorystudies.com/shop/the-great-mighty-wall/article-about-eredo/

I'm sure you beleive Mungo park discovered River Niger

"Until Lions write their own history, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter"

When a man says "Go on, quote science and radiocarbon dating technique as much as you like.", you know this is a person whose mind is closed and no amount of reason can penetrate him. if you prefer take a storybook over science, then I could tell you 1+1 is 2 but if your bible said otherwise I clearly would be wasting my time.

1 + 1 = 2? In what base did you arrive at this?

Anyway, my Bible clearly says otherwise. So don't waste your time.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by smitez(m): 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

Sir...Do you have an explanation to give? If no...shutup! smiley

Lemme ask u a question did the pastor take the car to engineers to ascertain what happen or could it be that his guage regulator was fault.. or that he had just discovered a new way for cars to operate without fuel and if he had gone to the right place with this, then probably our cars wouldnt run on fuel by now.. but no.. the fool immediately believed it to be God(Can u see the lack of rational thinking??)

Isaac newton saw the apple fall and questioned why it came down and not up.. while a pastor would think it was god giving him food.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

Epic! smiley

So I can actually rephrase the bolded part of this statement..::

"Every miracle can be analysed to have a scientific explanation...and when that is impossible or difficult to achieve...one can simply claim it never happened"

Aint that pure genius? wink

undecided
exactly! Brilliant, sir. You see, that is the beauty of science. It avails us the tools needed to distinguish truth and falsehood. You see, since his 'miracle' cannot be scientifically established or proven, i can honestly conclude that he is either lying or wrong. And you will find, upon investigation, that i am right.
The reason i called THAT pure genius is how they successfully incoporate scientific philosophy into religion.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
smitez:

Lemme ask u a question did the pastor take the car to engineers to ascertain what happen or could it be that his guage regulator was fault.. or that he had just discovered a new way for cars to operate without fuel and if he had gone to the right place with this, then probably our cars wouldnt run on fuel by now.. but no.. the fool immediately believed it to be God(Can u see the lack of rational thinking??)

Isaac newton saw the apple fall and questioned why it came down and not up.. while a pastor would think it was god giving him food.

1. Incase u didn't read it...
he discovered that the fuel in his car had
run out. He actually checked and saw the fuel in the
car was completely gone.

2. Now if he actually had access to a technician, would he have needed to take such bold step?
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by smitez(m): 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

1. Incase u didn't read it...

2. Now if he actually had access to a technician, would he have needed to take such bold step?

Excuses upon Excuses!
That's why most people don't grow.

so with all the problems in the world, Isis, boko haram, poverty, beggars on the road, ur great god left all that to help a man put spiritual fuel in his car..

forget it ..honestly u cannot be wise again.
But its no problem, not all can be smart, coz if all is smart , then the word itself has no meaning anymore.

Brethren in the house a minute of silence for our brother who lost his brain to religion..

Cheers mate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
exactly! Brilliant, sir. You see, that is the beauty of science. It avails us the tools needed to distinguish truth and falsehood. You see, since his 'miracle' cannot be scientifically established or proven, i can honestly conclude that he is either lying or wrong. And you will find, upon investigation, that i am right.

So...you actually want to believe science 'knows all' and therefore; all phenomenon which it can't explain is falacy? undecided

The reason i called THAT pure genius is how they successfully incoporate scientific philosophy into religion.
I'm beginning to wonder who the greater genius is..between you and Isaac Newton who studied the books of Daniel and Revelations extensively from the age of 12!
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:
twelve?
I actually studied them when i was nine.
But anyway.

The first thing isaac would do if he heard such a story would be to ask how on earth such a thing was possible. And he would definitely conclude that the individual was lying upon finding no evidence.
And since we're on the issue of following the religion of prominient scientists, how would you like to become a muslim? After all, Al hazan was one.
Or maybe you'd like to become a deist. As einstein was.
You should probably become a judaist. Like all the jews who have won countless nobel prizes.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
LOL...just as I expected! When they don't have 'explanations' to give ...they resort to this.. cheesy

Which is becoming boring by the way... undecided
smitez:

Excuses upon Excuses!
That's why most people don't grow.

so with all the problems in the world, Isis, boko haram, poverty, beggars on the road, ur great god left all that to help a man put spiritual fuel in his car..

forget it ..honestly u cannot be wise again.
But its no problem, not all can be smart, coz if all is smart , then the word itself has no meaning anymore.

Brethren in the house a minute of silence for our brother who lost his brain to religion..

Cheers mate.

I warned u from the onset..."if u have nothing tangible to say..shutup!"

Now look how u've embarassed urself... Typing out of point.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by smitez(m): 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:
LOL...just as I expected! When they don't have 'explanations' to give ...they resort to this.. cheesy

Dude no offense but u r a lost case.. if u don't know that by now, then its even worse than I thought

Cheers. bye.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

So...you actually want to believe science 'knows all' and therefore; all phenomenon which it can't explain is falacy? undecided
just because science can't explain everything doesn't mean it can't quickly dismiss some ridiculous claims.
A car cannot run without fuel to provide energy. Simple as that. Anyone who claims this has been acomplished by himself is either really stupid or really smart. Or lying. If he claims it was acomplished by a 'God' he almost certainly is either really dumb, or a liar.
Or he could just provide scientific evidence.

The same God that watched as countless people, protestants, missionaries, died in extremely horrific conditions. That watched as malaria claimed countless lives, the spanish inquistion making life hell for people, is the same one that is magically driving the car of one insignificant twentyfirst century guy in the middle of nowhere. The contradiction with his testimony and the 'attributes' of the god you are worshipping is enough to prove that he's lying.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
twelve?
I actually studied them when i was nine.
But anyway.

The first thing isaac would do if he heard such a story would be to ask how on earth such a thing was possible. And he would definitely conclude that the individual was lying upon finding no evidence.
And since we're on the issue of following the religion of prominient scientists, how would you like to become a muslim? After all, Al hazan was one.
Or maybe you'd like to become a deist. As einstein was.
You should probably become a judaist. Like all the jews who have won countless nobel prizes.

Stay on the lane bro.. smiley

Newton...who is aruably The greatest scientist to have ever lived was equally a bible scholar..

Isaac Newton believed that the Bible is literally
true in every respect. Throughout his life, he
continually tested Biblical truth against the
physical truths of experimental and theoretical
science. He never observed a contradiction. In
fact, he viewed his own scientific work as a
method by which to reinforce belief in Biblical
truth.

The said man concluded that the book of Revelation will be understood by only a few...until the end of time when its seal has been broken. -now that should explain ur statements of christians giving millions of meaning to the verses therein.

So..if his heart is able to accomodate the bible; what makes u think he'll close his mind against the 200 miles miracle?
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
smitez:

Dude no offense but u r a lost case.. if u don't know that by now, then its even worse than I thought

Cheers. bye.

Goodnight! cheesy
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

guy chill.

The guy is lying.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
just because science can't explain everything doesn't mean it can't quickly dismiss some ridiculous claims.
A car cannot run without fuel to provide energy. Simple as that. Anyone who claims this has been acomplished by himself is either really stupid or really smart. Or lying. If he claims it was acomplished by a 'God' he almost certainly is either really dumb, or a liar.
Or he could just provide scientific evidence.

The same God that watched as countless people, protestants, missionaries, died in extremely horrific conditions. That watched as malaria claimed countless lives, the spanish inquistion making life hell for people, is the same one that is magically driving the car of one insignificant twentyfirst century guy in the middle of nowhere. The contradiction with his testimony and the 'attributes' of the god you are worshipping is enough to prove that he's lying.

Ah! Yea....that feeling again! The Agitation against the Creator! grin
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
guy chill.
The guy is lying.
Ok...cheesy
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

Stay on the lane bro.. smiley

Newton...who is aruably The greatest scientist to have ever lived was equally a bible scholar..

Isaac Newton believed that the Bible is literally
true in every respect. Throughout his life, he
continually tested Biblical truth against the
physical truths of experimental and theoretical
science. He never observed a contradiction. In
fact, he viewed his own scientific work as a
method by which to reinforce belief in Biblical
truth.

The said man concluded that the book of Revelation will be understood by only a few...until the end of time when its seal has been broken. -now that should explain ur statements of christians giving millions of meaning to the verses therein.

So..if his heart is able to accomodate the bible; what makes u think he'll close his mind against the 200 miles miracle?
i'm not responsible for isaac's inability to recognize the contradictions of the bible. He certainly wasn't around before the theory of evolution and dating techniques. He most certainly would have had a very different perspective. I once believed these things myself.

Isaac believed the bible. Not some random guy claiming to break the laws which he believed were set by God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Virginity Vs Character / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) / Members Crawl And Follow Their Pastor Around In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.