Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,245 members, 7,860,561 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:37 PM

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare (33369 Views)

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / How Can A Doctor Believe He Saw D Ghost Of A Patient? Religion Has Killed Naija! / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

Ah! Yea....that feeling again! The Agitation against the Creator! grin
okay, that was a bad call, i guess. I used emotional appeal. That was in poor taste.

My point is, one proof that he is lying is that he tries to paint God as an extremely partial and unjust person who only cares about the welbeing of people like him. Whereas the rest of the world can rot in suffering for all he cares.

Now think. Is God really like that?
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

Stay on the lane bro.. smiley

Newton...who is aruably The greatest scientist to have ever lived was equally a bible scholar..

Isaac Newton believed that the Bible is literally
true in every respect. Throughout his life, he
continually tested Biblical truth against the
physical truths of experimental and theoretical
science. He never observed a contradiction. In
fact, he viewed his own scientific work as a
method by which to reinforce belief in Biblical
truth.

The said man concluded that the book of Revelation will be understood by only a few...until the end of time when its seal has been broken. -now that should explain ur statements of christians giving millions of meaning to the verses therein.

So..if his heart is able to accomodate the bible; what makes u think he'll close his mind against the 200 miles miracle?
oh, lest i forget. It was newton who decided that the solar system was definitely divine in operation and could not be fully understood by humans. Ever . . . Until pierre Laplace proved him totally wrong. He also decided that light was perturbations of 'ether' until max planck proved him wrong. He also concluded that space was a clockwork, constant sized, until other scientists discovered the obvious contradiction that he never did.

If he couldn't notice the obvious contradiction of a clockwork universe, which so obvious to thirteen year olds nowadays, how do you take his failure to notice contradictions in a book he was actually biased towards seriously?

I can't believe you're making me insult one of my favorite scientists. embarassed angry

3 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 10:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
i'm not responsible for isaac's inability to recognize the contradictions of the bible. He certainly wasn't around before the theory of evolution and dating techniques. He most certainly would have had a very different perspective. I once believed these things myself.

Isaac believed the bible. Not some random guy claiming to break the laws which he believed were set by God.

For crying out loud! The bible which he believed had so many law breaking acts...

Water turned into wine in an instance, a man walking on a 'troubled sea', the bones of a dead prophet raising the dead, a lame man walking instantly at the mention of a name... C'mon! Why don't we just say the whole bible is hoax? undecided

Bro...that book comprises of science, logic, philosophy, history, ethics, faith all...together. And the best part is; it hasn't changed... Unlike science which most times contradicts itself. angry
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

For crying out loud! The bible which he believed had so many law breaking acts...

Water turned into wine in an instance, a man walking on a 'troubled sea', the bones of a dead prophet raising the dead, a lame man walking instantly at the mention of a name... C'mon! Why don't we just say the whole bible is hoax? undecided

Bro...that book comprises of science, logic, philosophy, history, ethics, faith all...together. And the best part is; it hasn't changed... Unlike science which most times contradicts itself. angry
your last sentence . . . Okay.

The reason why the bible hasn't changed is the same reason why the qu'ran hasn't changed. It is also the same reason why the torah, and the mormonic texts, and even the hinduist text(far older than your bible) haven't changed. They are all ambigous texts. You can make them mean anything you want without actually changing what is written there. It's an invention by humans and is still being used today by fake astrologers and horoscope people. And those 'mood detector' apps on android.

Science seems to contradict itself when the limits for which a theory is correct are found. But once they are established, everything goes on smoothly. I didn't think i'd be the one teaching you this.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by macof(m): 10:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
winner01:
People no longer strive to know God, Religion is enough for most people. Its why hypocrisy, crime and all sorts of negatives abound.

There is a difference between serving God and practising religion.
Man has indeed forgotten God.
Drop religion and embrace truth.
God bless you
Shut up. you are one of those mindless folks Prof. Osundare is talking about.

religion and serving God (Jehova, Allah etc) are the same thing

the next thing, you'll say what ur religion dictates as this so called "truth". hence being a mindless fool to religion

5 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
oh, lest i forget. It was newton who decided that the solar system was definitely divine in operation and could not be fully understood by humans. Ever . . . Until pierre Laplace proved him totally wrong. He also decided that light was perturbations of 'ether' until max planck proved him wrong. He also concluded that space was a clockwork, constant sized, until other scientists discovered the obvious contradiction that he never did.

If he couldn't notice the obvious contradiction of a clockwork universe, which so obvious to thirteen year olds nowadays, how do you take his failure to notice contradictions in a book he was actually biased towards seriously?

I can't believe you're making me insult one of my favorite scientists. embarassed angry

You know no one has been able to prove 100% the stability of the solar system. And what laplace (thought) he achieved, provides a problem on the longrun. Newton's infusion of the God-Factor didn't mean he shut the door to more scientific enquiry undecided

On the contrary; Newton was against the clockwork theory ... It is wrongly attributed to him. I think you should read more..http://www.crystalinks.com/clockworkuniverse.html

So..I don't need to reply the last paragraph then.. undecided
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by macof(m): 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
religion is evil. christianity, Islam etc are the worst things to have happened to humanity. .especially black africans

both religions have made us into mental slaves. ..worshipping dead jews and serving mythical outrageous "Gods", insulting our ancestors, abandoning our culture and traditions, taking away our pride as blacks and members of our various ethnic nations, the idea that everything foreign is better....these religions have destroyed our civilizations, turned us to people without direction. ..I mean if you need foreigners to tell you about your Creator and believe them over your own ancestors. .then you have a serious problem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

You know no one has been able to prove 100% the stability of the solar system. And what laplace (thought) he achieved, provides a problem on the longrun. Newton's infusion of the God-Factor didn't mean he shut the door to more scientific enquiry undecided

On the contrary; Newton was against the clockwork theory ... It is wrongly attributed to him. I think you should read more..http://www.crystalinks.com/clockworkuniverse.html

So..I don't need to reply the last paragraph then.. undecided
i didn't mean that clockwork theory. I mean the problem of the expansion of the cosmos. Newton believed that the size of the universe was fixed. That presents a problem.

The stability of the solar system has been proved to a satisfactory level of accuracy. Especially with the help of relativity. But of course, it can never be 100 percent accurate. Why? See laplace's demon and the heisenberg principle.

And yes, newton's infusion of the God theory prevented him from continuing in his scientific conquest. He had every power to derive the perturbation theory that laplace used. But he didn't till he died. Because he has concluded that God was behind it. You and i both know that if laplace had believed him, there would have been no progress at all.

Everything newton did, he did with his brain. His beliefs were simply a handicap. A proof that he is after all, human. Like all of us. And he is not immune to religious indoctrination.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
macof:
religion is evil. christianity, Islam etc are the worst things to have happened to humanity. .especially black africans

both religions have made us into mental slaves. ..worshipping dead jews and serving mythical outrageous "Gods", insulting our ancestors, abandoning our culture and traditions, taking away our pride as blacks and members of our various ethnic nations, the idea that everything foreign is better....these religions have destroyed our civilizations, turned us to people without direction. ..I mean if you need foreigners to tell you about your Creator and believe them over your own ancestors. .then you have a serious problem
i wouldn't say religion is evil. It has it's purposes.
It's just like meat. Or sugar. Only good in small quantites. Too much and the whole body breaks down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by awoluyi(m): 11:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
leksbore:
God is great , see d way he is dealing with the prof in English language,,,, his daughter is deaf hmm what a pity ,if he would just believe in religious things is daughter would hear frequently but hmm humans r stone hearted .
. What have you read in prof Osundare's write-up that convinced you that he has erred and as a result he deserves to be punished? You are definitely one those who can not think right because of the way you hold religion. Apostle Paul with his inpressive devotion to things of God never enjoyed good health. Recently a highly revered pastor was murdered by his undergraduate son in a church camp. Lack of proper understanding of the holy books is responsible for the manifested deficency in the way we look at issues. When Moses got to the Red Sea, he became confused and couldn't think of what to do. God asked him "Moses what do have in your hand?" God was demanding of him to use his common sense and initiative. To me prof Osundare has not condemmed religion, he has simply said we should strike a balance between our religious beliefs and application of intellect. Will I be right if I say after all "Religion is a product of intellect".
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
Teempakguy:
i didn't mean that clockwork theory. I mean the problem of the expansion of the cosmos. Newton believed that the size of the universe was fixed. That presents a problem.
So also did Einstein...

The stability of the solar system has been proved to a satisfactory level of accuracy. Especially with the help of relativity. But of course, it can never be 100 percent accurate. Why? See laplace's demon and the heisenberg principle.
So if we can't get a 100% stability, is it safe to say the solar system is stable?

And yes, newton's infusion of the God theory prevented him from continuing in his scientific conquest. He had every power to derive the perturbation theory that laplace used. But he didn't till he died. Because he has concluded that God was behind it. You and i both know that if laplace had believed him, there would have been no progress at all.

Everything newton did, he did with his brain. His beliefs were simply a handicap. A proof that he is after all, human. Like all of us. And he is not immune to religious indoctrination.
shocked
Sir isaac newton infused God in a theory and then stopped trying? ...what else would u have urself believe? undecided

Listen bro, the point is, if a man like Newton could believe so strongly in the bible...I don't see why calling the pastor's testimony a miracle makes me less of a person...
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
RobinHez:

So also did Einstein...

So if we can't get a 100% stability, is it safe to say the solar system is stable?

shocked
Sir isaac newton infused God in a theory and then stopped trying? ...what else would u have urself believe? undecided

Listen bro, the point is, if a man like Newton could believe so strongly in the bible...I don't see why calling the pastor's testimony a miracle makes me less of a person...
your point is a bad point. Because newton is not the only scientist in the world. I can find for you thousands of similarly brilliant scientists that will refuse to believe what the pastor said. But will believe if an imam said the same of allah. So does that mean we should all become muslims then?

This is the exact point of the thread. You have abandoned your rational thinking. Instead deciding to clutch on to newton as a pillar to support your beliefs in ridiculous claims.

anyway, i've seen your signature, and i'm going to free you anyway. It's not like you being overly religious causes any harm. In fact, the day you become atheist, i will become very scared of what evil you will do without christianity to keep you in check.
So . . . Keep the faith. wink

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by gemale(m): 11:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
Na Karl Marx talk am say "religion is d opiate of D pple". Make I no talk too much ; make I just sing 1/2 lines 4rm Bob Marley's redemption song- "emancipate ur self 4rm mental slavery;none bt ourselves can free our minds." words of wisdom
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 12:01am On Jan 04, 2016
Teempakguy:
your point is a bad point. Because newton is not the only scientist in the world. I can find for you thousands of similarly brilliant scientists that will refuse to believe what the pastor said. But will believe if an imam said the same of allah. So does that mean we should all become muslims then?
My arguement was for someone to prove the miracle scientifically...no one is asking anyone to be a christian. smiley

This is the exact point of the thread. You have abandoned your rational thinking. Instead deciding to clutch on to newton as a pillar to support your beliefs in ridiculous claims.
False again. Nice try in trying to twist the whole essence tho..wink

anyway, i've seen your signature, and i'm going to free you anyway. It's not like you being overly religious causes any harm. In fact, the day you become atheist, i will become very scared of what evil you will do without christianity to keep you in check.
So . . . Keep the faith. wink
Not gonna happen! smiley

I'm not against science. But against atheists who try to covet science as a weapon...

"Science and religion are not at odds. Science is simply too young to understand.." grin

Goodnight...2morow, I begin anoda cycle of wasting my time in the university.. wink
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 04, 2016
RobinHez:

My arguement was for someone to prove the miracle scientifically...no one is asking anyone to be a christian. smiley

False again. Nice try in trying to twist the whole essence tho..wink

Not gonna happen! smiley

I'm not against science. But against atheists who try to covet science as a weapon...

"Science and religion are not at odds. Science is simply too young to understand.." grin

Goodnight...2morow, I begin anoda cycle of wasting my time in the university.. wink
you begin or you continue . . .

Anyway, ok. I am going to continue my own cycle of preparing for hellfire, wink
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by RobinHez(m): 12:18am On Jan 04, 2016
Teempakguy:
you begin or you continue . . .
We went on christmas break...we re-resume 2day!

Anyway, ok. I am going to continue my own cycle of preparing for hellfire, wink

Godspeed! grin
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by gemale(m): 12:31am On Jan 04, 2016
lanxlot:
he talk sense sha...me sha bliv in God n in miracles so I cannot stupidly ask how can? if a pastor says he covered several metres without feul...I fit jux observe am critically....doh! in summary we need more Socrates, Aristotles and Platos...Dat aside.
in response to some of the comments av read, if una like, make una talk frm nw to tomorrow...virtually all developed countries passed through dix stage. Even USA...from prescientific to scientific...2 me if naijax case is perculiar, religion isnt d peril or d bane ..examine your conscience...we say but do not act. we r selfish, we are greedy, we are corrupt, we are wicked...we are inhumane, we are foolish, extrimism contributed its quota I tend to agree...but excuse me...in its entirety don't put the blame on religion..."know thysef". Socrate.
Dts 1 of D reasons I hate d African way of tnkn. It is a mentality of enslavement & persecutes Mavericks . I 1st discovered it whilst reading chinua achebe's things fall apart. Dere was a chapter where D 9 masquerades came out 2 judge a mata & even though it was plain as day dt 1 of dem was okonkwo judging 4rm his unique gait & unusual absence 4rm d gathering , pple kept quiet & dey still referred 2 dem as d spirit of their ancestors. Later in in d books, an overzealous Christian convert unmasks a masquerade & guess wt happened? His colleagues (oda masquerades) gathered round their disgraced comrade 2 hide his identity. Later on d clan burns down d church & incurs d wrath of D white man. Even in d face of overwhelming proof dt dey were living a lie, dey still refused 2 accept & stubbornly defended their ignorance. D only thing dt changed 4rm den was dt we switched religion. We r still dt unchanging, non question asking, blindly following pple we were portrayed as in d book. Ryt 4rm d family structure, dis defect is evident. Children r expected 2 b seen nt heard & neva object 2 D wishes of their parents. Dey r taught dt wisdom is an attribute possessed only by D elderly & dey r 2 obey wt out question/inquiry because "wt an elder can c sitting, a child can't c standing". Their youthfulness is labeled stupidity. Dis exerts a domino effect 2 oda spheres of lyf such as d workplace, school, government etc. Everybody is a well trained sycophantic yes man. Nw tell me hw can development occur in such a place? Where curiosity & inquisition r nt stoked & encouraged? Where pple r nt trained 2 question d status quo wt d view of testing their validity & practicality? Hw wld solutions 4 our numerous problems arrive if questions r nt asked? U tell me.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by leofab(f): 1:23am On Jan 04, 2016
bxcode:

So your evidence of disproving the existence of a supreme being is because you can't behold him with your mere human eyes?
Does out mean that once you can't see something then it dosent exist?
The phone that you are using to type these things can you see the electromagnetic waves surrounding it and drawing signals to it? But does it mean they dosent exist?
You can't yet figure out millions of hidden discoveries scattered all over the universe and yet you want the creator to appear to you before you believe that he exists?
Are you actually being logical or merely arrogant and foolish?
Am saying this in love, but how dumb can you get and still breathe?
God exists and the evidence are all around you, and it's not a matter of proof for you, it's a matter of trying to deny and suppress them.
If you want to see God truly, seek him and you will find him. He always shows up if you are humble enough to accept that you are confused about the whole thing and need the truth and not going about it in arrogance and waving of anything you don't understand.
its not arogance... Few words for you are attached!!!

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by leofab(f): 1:28am On Jan 04, 2016
NORAD:

It's quite incredible, don't you think. I mean the Bible (that you people claim is a conspiracy)... that over 40 writers were involved and that it took a whole 1,600 years for them to do it. And yet its wonderful unity!

What a conspirac-ious book it is!

A book that showed me the right way, melted my stony and arrogant heart, showed me to love my neighbour, gave me indescribable peace, gave me hope of heaven, gave me power to live DAY AFTER DAY WITHOUT SIN.

What a book you are!

When I thought about giving my heart to the Lord then, I thought the Christian life was going to be a boring one. How wrong I was! The peace that came over me immediately I confessed my sin... I'll let Jesus finish this:

At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children" (Mat 11:25).
should I take you on a ride through the erroneous and mismatches within the sphere is your over hyped book?? Have you asked yourself why some part of the book were removed ? You think it's by mistake or its deliberate Have you read the mind blogging series of publications by Shakespeare
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by leofab(f): 1:31am On Jan 04, 2016
bxcode:

Lol.... don't quote me out of context ma'am. Jesus Christ is the son of God... But if you look at the concept of trinity(God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit) then yes he is also God. He came died and resurrected and God the father gave him authority over all things both in heaven and on earth that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow. Jesus will also say in one of his gospels that he is one with the father and that whosoever seeth him has also seen the father.
these scripts were edited by Constantine and his friends to suit their purpose; William Shakespeare was part of the revision team who tempered the bible ad he wen wrote his name and age as of then in the bible; care to know more
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 04, 2016
NORAD:

A FlyingMonkey has a monkey in it while a LucifersTongue has a Lucifer in it. My point? You chose the name of something Christianity asserts exists (in your subconscious, at least, you admit he exists then). What's in a name, you say?

I got my fact from the Bible, and your religion, science, is yet to prove me wrong. Let me at least bask in my ignorance until your science puts me to shame.

Nobel laureate? You mean the Nobel Prize? Anyway, ain't interested in such. My Master turned down earthy glory for the Father's will. I intend to follow suit.

As for you, what have you contributed to the scientific body of knowledge? You speak so well for science, but I wonder if it's okay to defend something you know very little about. You read all this things up, I presume. And you BELIEVE them, it seems. You're free to prove me wrong if you think you're some fine scientist or something like that.

I was raised by Christian parents so it's easy to see why I could've picked that. It would have been something Islamic if I had an Islamic background. Doesn't mean the character is true.

Facts from the bible? Science yet to prove you wrong as regards the age of earth No need to argue about that anymore.

At least if you don't want the glory, you can send me your convincing proof. That's all I ask for!

I use some of those scientific characterisation techniques (whose data you reject) almost on a weekly basis (TEM, SEM, XRD, ellipsometry etc) for analysis of films with thickness on a nanometer scale, so I'm sure I understand what I'm talking of. That's all you need to know about my scientific background and professional life.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by leksbore(m): 1:53am On Jan 04, 2016
awoluyi:
. What have you read in prof Osundare's write-up that convinced you that he has erred and as a result he deserves to be punished? You are definitely one those who can not think right because of the way you hold religion. Apostle Paul with his inpressive devotion to things of God never enjoyed good health. Recently a highly revered pastor was murdered by his undergraduate son in a church camp. Lack of proper understanding of the holy books is responsible for the manifested deficency in the way we look at issues. When Moses got to the Red Sea, he became confused and couldn't think of what to do. God asked him "Moses what do have in your hand?" God was demanding of him to use his common sense and initiative. To me prof Osundare has not condemmed religion, he has simply said we should strike a balance between our religious beliefs and application of intellect. Will I be right if I say after all "Religion is a product of intellect".
O ye humans, what art bewitched you,,,,,u see there is this saying that as a man thinketh so is he,,,,,u think before prof came up with this write up,he wouldn't have been thinking in his mind that there is no God.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by bxcode(m): 4:06am On Jan 04, 2016
leofab:
these scripts were edited by Constantine and his friends to suit their purpose; William Shakespeare was part of the revision team who tempered the bible ad he wen wrote his name and age as of then in the bible; care to know more
Gladly.....Am all ears
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by leofab(f): 4:44am On Jan 04, 2016
bxcode:

Gladly.....Am all ears
wing to the fact I ressurected the thread, I decided to google for it. Here's what I found:

IF YOU HAVE A KING JAMES VERSION,
Look up Psalms 46. Count until you get to the 46th word, which is SHAKE. Now count 46 words from the end, and it is SPEAR.

William Shakespeare was 46 years old at the time he translated this Bible, which means logical sense, seeing as it is in the 46th Psalm, the 46th words from top and bottom.

Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by awoluyi(m): 6:27am On Jan 04, 2016
leksbore:
O ye humans, what art bewitched you,,,,,u see there is this saying that as a man thinketh so is he,,,,,u think before prof came up with this write up,he wouldn't have been thinking in his mind that there is no God.
. Before reacting to this your comment I went back to read prof Osundare's article once again. The only thing in the write-up that can make you conclude that he does not "think there is God" is his doubt in the pastor's claim of driving a car without gasoline. I personally will not blame him for that, after all there is a certain group of christians claiming that the era of miracles is passed. As for me I believe in miracle but refuse to accept that my daily living should be on miracle. This has taken me to examining the concept of living on blessings of God and living on the miracles of God. The pastor's claim has happened only once and I believe since then God has been blessing with money to fuel his car enough anytime his travelling.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by mceze(m): 7:31am On Jan 04, 2016
donofdons:
[size=18pt]i am happy someone is coming out to say this....religion is really the greatest problem faced by africans and the world today....a man sees what is true and proven and chooses to believe in things that are imaginary. We already have a whatspp group of humanists and freethinkers in nigeria...just add me and i will contact you if you wanna join us to move humanity forward..thanks[/size]
Pls add me-08036423660
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 04, 2016
LucifersTongue:

I was raised by Christian parents so it's easy to see why I could've picked that. It would have been something Islamic if I had an Islamic background. Doesn't mean the character is true.

Facts from the bible? Science yet to prove you wrong as regards the age of earth No need to argue about that anymore.

At least if you don't want the glory, you can send me your convincing proof. That's all I ask for!

I use some of those scientific characterisation techniques (whose data you reject) almost on a weekly basis (TEM, SEM, XRD, ellipsometry etc) for analysis of films with thickness on a nanometer scale, so I'm sure I understand what I'm talking of. That's all you need to know about my scientific background and professional life.

Good. You proved me wrong. You do know some science.

On the issue of being raised by Christian parents, that I doubt very much. Perhaps you wanted to say 'I was raised by parents who profess to be Christians'.

A lot of people give that line of argument whereas they know very little about what Christianity is all about.

I can almost guess what happened in your case (correct me if I'm wrong). You were raised up around people who lived contrary to clear biblical instructions (your 'it didn't mean the character is true' says a lot about your background in this respect). The hypocrisy of it all got you disillusioned. You concluded that Christianity is a scam. So you left.

Tell me I'm wrong.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 04, 2016
NORAD:

Good. You proved me wrong. You do know some science.

On the issue of being raised by Christian parents, that I doubt very much. Perhaps you wanted to say 'I was raised by parents who profess to be Christians'.

A lot of people give that line of argument whereas they know very little about what Christianity is all about.

I can almost guess what happened in your case (correct me if I'm wrong). You were raised up around people who lived contrary to clear biblical instructions (your 'it didn't mean the character is true' says a lot about your background in this respect). The hypocrisy of it all got you disillusioned. You concluded that Christianity is a scam. So you left.

Tell me I'm wrong.

I do not understand why you would conclude that a pool of badly behaved followers of a religion/ideology serves as necessary and sufficient reason to declare the religion/ideology as false. Morality is absolutely irrelevant to the issue. Even if God isn't good and his corresponding religious ideology isn't up to one's moral standard, it still isn't a good reason to reject the existence of such a God. That's tantamount to living in fantasy land.

Once again, you're wrong!
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by bxcode(m): 9:57am On Jan 04, 2016
leofab:
wing to the fact I ressurected the thread, I decided to google for it. Here's what I found:

IF YOU HAVE A KING JAMES VERSION,
Look up Psalms 46. Count until you get to the 46th word, which is SHAKE. Now count 46 words from the end, and it is SPEAR.

William Shakespeare was 46 years old at the time he translated this Bible, which means logical sense, seeing as it is in the 46th Psalm, the 46th words from top and bottom.
Hahaha..... nice one.
Ok.... So you saying in essence that the bible of old was translated by Shakespear, and that the proof is what you just told me right?
Can you give me observable evidence showing the bible of the old how it was and the bible after Shakespear translated it or are you saying that he just fixed his name as you claimed in Psalm 46 and that's it?
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 04, 2016
LucifersTongue:

I do not understand why you would conclude that a pool of badly behaved followers of a religion/ideology serves as necessary and sufficient reason to declare the religion/ideology as false. Morality is absolutely irrelevant to the issue. Even if God isn't good and his corresponding religious ideology isn't up to one's moral standard, it still isn't a good reason to reject the existence of such a God. That's tantamount to living in fantasy land.

Once again, you're wrong!

Who's talking about morality?

Anyway, I think we're done here. My guess about your upbringing seems to be right. It also seems you don't understand what the Christian faith is all about. Otherwise you wouldn't refer to the righteousness to be obtained through Christ's atoning work as morality.

You see, the religious world strive to please God by their works. That's morality.

Christians receive God's righteousness when they confess their sins to Him.

Anybody raised by people who have had this experience can hardly speak evil of the Christian faith.

Yeah, people can say whatever they want about religion. I have no problem with that. After all, religion was invented by men. But let no one drag God into this.

He's been against religion from day one:

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate" (Titus 1:16).
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by smitez(m): 10:44am On Jan 04, 2016
To all the naive minds in the house, lemme tell you reasons why I think The "God" concept is a great illusion.. Take a seat lemme educate you.

In Genesis 11 we read the account of the tower of
Babel, where the people, attempting to build a tower
that reaches to heaven, have their language confused
and are scattered across the whole face of the earth
by God.

They were building a tower to heaven so God changed their language so they wouldn't be able to continue..

Ask your self this how tall could this tower be that fighter planes, aircraft bombers ,satellites that go thousand of feet into the sky has not surpassed? Did they reach heaven? so why was God worried..

You are probably think that it doesn't matter much right? wrong.

The writers of the bible, are intelligent people.. very intelligent.. but they had one drawback.. they couldn't see the future in respect to science and technologies.. they never saw the creation of planes.. even during the later years when people start waking up and getting ideas of flying, the church was against it and mine u they were really powerful in does days.. their arguments as foolish as it always goes with lines like -if god wanted use to fly, he would have given us wings like the birds and -""the sinners what to build planes so that they can fly to heaven don't annoying god..""

now years down that line, This generation pastor are the once using the money of their gullible member to buy private jet... religion is a drawback to science..

anyway not to digress. so the writers to the bible used the tower as a reason for us having different language because anyone with common sense(which I doubt any of u Christian's that go to church to give money to ur greedy pastor instead of the needy have) would have tot that since we all came from Adam, then we should speak the same language.. But thanks to evolution,we know that newly evolve humans created their own languages in separate communities as the need arose.

Cheers.

More to come later.
Re: Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mopolchi:
I did not concur with you but re-emphasized that God is a spirit even when he took the form of man.

We erect and bow to statues do not mean we worship them. God himself commanded Moses to make a snake and set it on a pole, so that all those who were bitten if they looked upon it would live (Num. 21:4-9). Did they worship the bronze snake? The cross of Jesus Christ in your church, is that not a statue? So I can safely say you're an idolator.

Why do you guys cherry pick to buttress the erroneous practices of the Catholic church ?

Should I show you how you supported my stance on the matter ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Virginity Vs Character / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) / Members Crawl And Follow Their Pastor Around In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.