Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,187 members, 7,815,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? (20318 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / How To Make The Big Brands Beg To Sponsor Your Event / Can You Sponsor A Comedy Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2009
I just saw this advert somewhere and I am wondering if that is a joke or real?
Call 07041185403 For A Ready 2 Marry Guy. 28 Graduate
the lady will foot the billsas i dont have a suitable paid employment yet. must be a christian,

Date: Sunday, 14 June, 2009 (5 hours ago)
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Sissy3(f): 11:01pm On Jun 14, 2009
some can and do sponsor their weddings
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2009
~Sissy~:

some can and do sponsor their weddings
Can you ?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2009
Never!
Will he also wear the skirt and blouse?

A man ought to be a man abeg
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Sissy3(f): 11:09pm On Jun 14, 2009
agabaI23:

Can you ?

mba oo. if i sponsor it what will the man doing then?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2009
~Sissy~:

mba oo. if i sponsor it what will the man doing then?

Then why do those who do it do it?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2009
agabaI23:

Then why do those who do it do it?

desperation or stupidity
I've even heard of women that gave the man money for their own engagement ring shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
and that man will open his mouth one day and shout that he's the head of the house when he should be pounding foo foo in the backyard
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by TOPE20001(f): 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

Never!
Will he also wear the skirt and blouse?

A man ought to be a man abeg

gbam grin cheesy
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2009
Majority of women would say NO.
Why? cuz we ain't that desperate.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Secretz(f): 11:15pm On Jun 14, 2009
Yes I could sponsor my own wedding, but whether I would is another thing entirely. Wouldn't bother getting married to him otherwise. What hope is there for the actual marriage if he can't contribute to the wedding itself? No guy better even discuss wedding plans with me, if he cannot even foot 50% of the bill. Mess off.  grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 14, 2009
FL Gators:

Majority of women would say NO.
Why? cuz we ain't that desperate.

i beg to disagree . . . most nigerian women are indeed desperate even though they like to pretend.  grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Sissy3(f): 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

desperation or stupidity

yes the desperation is very true~ once that biological clock start  ticking it's do or die for some.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Desire2(f): 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2009
For me, it doesn't really matter if I do or don't, I mean it is MY wedding also so it doesn't make him any less of a man if he asks for my input. I do know that my parents would not mind contributing.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by TOPE20001(f): 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2009
Secretz:

Yes I could sponsor my own wedding, but whether I would is another thing entirely. Wouldn't bother getting married to him otherwise. What hope is there for the actual marriage if he can't contribute to the wedding itself? No guy better even discuss wedding plans with me, if he cannot even foot 50% of the bill. Mess off.  grin

True talk . . . .i dont mind contributing wink
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2009
davidylan:

i beg to disagree . . . most nigerian women are indeed desperate even though they like to pretend.  grin
Desperate to the extent of paying for our own wedding?
I thought Naija women loff to suck money from men, so now the story changed?

Stop hanging out with 4Play jare.

@Post
He'll pay for the wedding and the other 22 after wedding parties
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 11:21pm On Jun 14, 2009
~Sissy~:

yes the desperation is very true~ once that biological clock start  ticking it's do or die for some.

If I were in that position and the biological clock was ticking sotay  desperation catch me say 40 years or older[b],I may consider sponsoring the wedding but the man must be younger in age at least by 10 years.[/b]if I'm marrying him,I want one with very little mileage on his odometer grin
It has to be a win win situation grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by TOPE20001(f): 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

If I were in that position and the biological clock was ticking sotay  desperation catch me say 40 years or older[b],I may consider sponsoring the wedding but the man must be younger in age at least by 10 years.[/b]if I'm marrying him,I want one with very little mileage on his odometer grin

Rofl . . . . . .Hehehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2009
FL Gators:

Desperate to the extent of paying for our own wedding?
I thought Naija women loff to suck money from men, so now the story changed?

Stop hanging out with 4Play jare.

you havent seen anything yet. grin Nigerian women are desperate . . . beneath all the veneer of "i dont care".
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2009
davidylan:

you havent seen anything yet. grin Nigerian women are desperate . . . beneath all the veneer of "i dont care".
How you take know?
Oya start confessing. How many times have you "visited" ajegunle?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2009
What I think is right is for the guy to take care of the traditional rights. Then if the babe has some money she can contribute for the white wedding assuming they are doing it. But for a guy to wait for her woman to sponsor their wedding it is not very good.

I witnessed it recently though. I will tell you later
A friend of mine got into it in naija. he refused to tell me about it. He had to use my car as his only contribution to the wedding.

The in laws who were footing the bill were ordering him around.
It was awful.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2009
agabaI23:

What I think is right is for the guy to take care of the traditional rights. Then if the babe has some money she can contribute for the white wedding assuming they are doing it. But for a guy to wait for her woman to sponsor their wedding it is not very good.

I witnessed it recently though. I will tell you later
A friend of mine got into it in naija. he refused to tell me about it. He had to use my car as his only contribution to the wedding.

The in laws who were footing the bill were ordering him around.
It was awful.

Very sad state of affairs . . . one of the reasons i am determined to stay off weddings until my pockets are well padded. I wont stand in-law interference either in my wedding or marriage.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2009
FL Gators:

How you take know?
Oya start confessing. How many times have you "visited" ajegunle?

you mean your ajegunle? I've lost count dear.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Sissy3(f): 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

grin grin grin true and thats prolly the age range of those who sponsor everything in their weddings as long as the man agrees to marry them. just marry me and i will do everything and anything.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2009
Thou shall not corrupt the innocent mind.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Rofl . . . . . .Hehehehehehe grin grin grin

Tope imagine this na
You pass 20,pass 30,reach 40 begin pass
no man
and you get the means.
Here comes a man nearing 50 asking for your hand in marriage without shishi,living with his mama or crashing on someones couch
Hoping to move into your house after the wedding which you'll sponsor
what on earth would posess anyone to marry such a man.
The man must be below 35 and agile
then we can begin to talk. grin
I'll help him find a job
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2009
@topic

Hmmm no. cheesy what will my family say?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Secretz(f): 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2009
davidylan:

Very sad state of affairs . . . one of the reasons i am determined to stay off weddings until my pockets are well padded. I wont stand in-law interference either in my wedding or marriage.

my point exactly. . . . if you both can contribute yourselves 50/50 then the plans and how you both want things are down to you, no one else. But seriously, which self respecting man would leave his fiance to foot the bill, only for her and her family to remember it later during the marriage.   grin

If a woman's sell by date is coming up, then is there much need for a big wedding if the man can't afford it. Go get married behind the rocks.  tongue
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 11:36pm On Jun 14, 2009
David you don't even have to be well padded
The wedding can be simple and within your budget
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Sissy3(f): 11:36pm On Jun 14, 2009
stillwater:

@topic

Hmmm no. cheesy what will my family say?

they will congratulate you first for finding a man and second for paying the wedding grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

Abi. Before he gets heart attack over nothing.

~Sissy~:

they will congratulate you first for finding a man and second for paying the wedding grin grin

Lol, they will fight tooth and nail so I wouldn't marry him in the first place. grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2009
Secretz:

my point exactly. . . . if you both can contribute yourselves 50/50 then the plans and how you both want things are down to you, no one else. But seriously, which self respecting man would leave his fiance to foot the bill, only for her and her family to remember it later during the marriage.   grin

If a woman's sell by date is coming up, then is there much need for a big wedding if the man can't afford it. Go get married behind the rocks.  tongue

i dont even like 50/50 contributions . . . especially if i'm marrying a fellow nigerian. Better to wait to afford it 100%, of course i wont complain if she decides to chip in. But let it not be said 5 yrs down the line that i didnt play my role as a man then.

$osisi:

Lets face it, depends on the woman and the family involved. If they say they want an elaborate wedding what do i do? Beg them?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by TOPE20001(f): 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

Tope imagine this na
You pass 20,pass 30,reach 40 begin pass
no man
and you get the means.
Here comes a man nearing 50 asking for your hand in marriage without shishi,living with his mama or crashing on someones couch
Hoping to move into your house after the wedding which you'll sponsor
what on earth would posess anyone to marry such a man.
The man must be below 35 and agile
then we can begin to talk. grin
I'll help him find a job

Death grin grin grin grin grin
I agree jare cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Guinness Gold: Guinness Unveils New Premium Golden Lager Beer At Lagos Event / Amaechi Hosts Nollywood Stars To A Special Dinner / Tony Anenih's 80th Birthday Celebration Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.