Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? (20336 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / How To Make The Big Brands Beg To Sponsor Your Event / Can You Sponsor A Comedy Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2009
I know someone that sponsored her wedding
She paid for everything
They moved into her apartment
later into her house
he drove her car
She paid for everything
The man later went on to become a high earning professional but the marriage was plagued with problems from the beginning because she who earned the money naturally determined how it was spent.
The man felt emasculated and eventually filed for divorce.
It's not a good idea for a woman to wear the pants in the family from the get go.
I can understand a woman being the provider because the man fell on hard times but being the breadwinner from the marriage's inception is not a good idea.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

She paid for everything
later into her house
he drove her car
She paid for everything
The man later went on to become a high earning professional but the marriage was plagued with problems from the beginning because she who earned the money naturally determined how it was spent.
It's not a good idea for a woman to wear the pants in the family from the get go.

I can understand a woman being the provider because the man fell on hard times but being the breadwinner from the marriage's inception is not a good idea.

you've said it all.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

She paid for everything
later into her house
he drove her car
She paid for everything
LOL divoorce was inevitable, there's no way any MAN would let his wife run the finance in the family.
Kilode?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 11:49pm On Jun 14, 2009
FL Gators:

LOL divoorce was inevitable, there's no way any MAN would let his wife run the finance in the family.
Kilode?

That story is not unique o
It's become very common
all those single Nigerian nurses are now going home with wedding gown in hand and marrying men and filing papers bringing them over here.
If you know any intimately,you'll feel sorry for the husbands.
Same with some who are not doing much and their wives become nurses and take on the role of a man
Many of them become babysitters while the woman works 3 jobs.
Maybe that's why when their demons double in number,they hack the women to death
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 11:50pm On Jun 14, 2009
David
It is very sad.

The truth is that the babe is way older and is working. The family is well to do as well. This guy has no job. I think the family promised him a job if he married their daughter.

The drinks for the wedding was bought in the middle of the night before the wedding 'cos they were waiting for the girl's brother to bring money from ABJ
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

It's become very common
all those single Nigerian nurses are now going home with wedding gown in hand and marrying men and filing papers bringing them over here.
Same with some who are not doing much and their wives become nurses and take on the role of a man
Maybe that's why when their demons double in number,they hack the women to death

I know some doing that right now . . . my brother even surprised me with a similar story this morning. It seems many nigerian women here are not finding nigerian men and are returning to nigeria to marry men they hardly know in increasing numbers. I tire for them! And she was only 25 at worst.

If i had agreed, they would have married me off 4 yrs ago. All they told me i had to do was show up for the wedding since the girl was a banker with an MBA, her own car, apartment and money plus the kicker - US passport. I wasnt ready to go be a girl's plaything for the yrs i'd be in school. Marriage can wait abeg.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 11:52pm On Jun 14, 2009
agabaI23:

David
It is very sad.

The truth is that the babe is way older and is working. The family is well to do as well. This guy has no job. I think the family promised him a job if he marries their daughter.

The drinks for the wedding was bought in the middle of the night before the wedding 'cos they were for the girls brother to bring money from ABJ

Agaba you should have cautioned this your friend against this sort of contract.
He'll never be a man again.
If his name is Emeka,he is now Amaka.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Secretz(f): 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

It's become very common

Ive heard of cases like this tooo. But this is one of the reasons why a man shouldnt be discussing wedding plans if he no get the money to put down. If he hasn't got much they can do it within their budget. abi? Why must the wedding be soo elaborate?. lol  grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2009
any man who cannot afford a wedding no matter how small
is not ready to be a husband yet.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

It's become very common
Hmmm. And you'd e hearing some naija parents (cough) telling their children to go home and bring back a wife/husband.
They just don't understand how hard it is. And no responsible/sensible man would feel right feeding on a woman.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by TOPE20001(f): 11:55pm On Jun 14, 2009
Treetop20:

lmao. . .true true but nothing wrong in the woman chipping in o
since its always the woman wanting a big wedding tongue
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2009
davidylan:

I know some doing that right now . . . my brother even surprised me with a similar story this morning. It seems many nigerian women here are not finding nigerian men and are returning to nigeria to marry men they hardly know in increasing numbers. I tire for them! And she was only 25 at worst.

If i had agreed, they would have married me off 4 yrs ago. All they told me i had to do was show up for the wedding since the girl was a banker with an MBA, her own car, apartment and money plus the kicker - US passport. I wasnt ready to go be a girl's plaything for the yrs i'd be in school. Marriage can wait abeg.

4 years ago? shocked shocked shocked
God forbid bad thing
Thank God you refused
You would have been pushing prams all over the place
and I would have never known you since she may not even allow you get online
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Secretz(f): 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2009
Treetop20:

Thank you jare! This was my point before. If he can't do that, then what hope is there for the marriage? or his position as the man of the mansion? But I still believe the woman can chip in too. I just don't think he should open his mouth about wedding if he can't put his 'fair' share down at all!! grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 11:58pm On Jun 14, 2009
Secretz:

Thank you jare! This was my point before. If he can't do that, then what hope is there for the marriage? or his position as the man of the mansion? But I still believe the woman can chip in too. I just don't think he should open his mouth about wedding if he can't put his 'fair' share down at all!! grin
sure she can chip in if she can
but the bulk of the money should come from
the man
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

4 years ago? shocked shocked shocked
God forbid bad thing
Thank God you refused
You would have been pushing prams all over the place
and I would have never known you since she may not even allow you get online

it was serious o . . . my father and i even fought over the issue sef. Me wey still get eye for ground . . . mba! Marry now when there are still plenty of chics around? By now i'd have been a proud emasculated father of 2, rushing off to Seattle to greet madam every weekend and waving my US passport of course.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2009
davidylan:

You might as well let them know it was me grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 12:00am On Jun 15, 2009
FL Gators:

Hmmm. And you'd e hearing some naija parents (cough) telling their children to go home and bring back a wife/husband.
They just don't understand how hard it is. And no responsible/sensible man would feel right feeding on a woman.

It's a little different when a man goes home to marry a wife.
It's a totally different thing if it's the woman going home to find a husband
It just looks wrong
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 12:01am On Jun 15, 2009
Ahh! Dafid, i can now understand why you reacted the way you did about that young man's story. lol
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 12:01am On Jun 15, 2009
davidylan:

it was serious o . . . my father and i even fought over the issue sef. Me wey still get eye for ground . . . mba! Marry now when there are still plenty of chics around? By now i'd have been a proud emasculated father of 2, rushing off to Seattle to greet madam every weekend and waving my US passport of course.

This is funny! grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 12:01am On Jun 15, 2009
$osisi:

It just looks wrong
it is wrong
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 15, 2009
$osisi:

It just looks wrong
Thank You, plz tell my mom grin grin
I told her I no do, she keeps insisting that the Naija men are might as well be Ghetto grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 12:03am On Jun 15, 2009
Treetop20:

it is wrong

Very wrong my brother
haba!
even if na Togolese men wey dey wear blouse cheesy
It is still wrong
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Sissy3(f): 12:03am On Jun 15, 2009
$osisi:

It's become very common

u r so right! i know one lady she went home and got married. she paid everything, the whole wedding expense, filed the papers for him to come over, paid the flight ticket, i mean she did everything for this man, just so that she will be among the "married ones" little did she know it's all a hoax from the man and his family. the man's sister even told the brother to make she didn't get pregnant, so when he finally leaves her he wouldn;t have to pay any child support. the marriage is in shambles
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 12:03am On Jun 15, 2009
Naturally it is the male bird that prepares a nest and wows the female to it not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 15, 2009
~Sissy~:

u r so right! i know one lady she's from anambra, she went home and got married. she paid everything, the whole wedding expense, filed the papers for him to come over, paid the flight ticket, i mean she did everything for this man, just so that she will be among the "married ones" little did she know it's all a hoax from the man and his family. the man's sister even told the brother to make she didn't get pregnant, so when he finally leaves her he wouldn;t have to pay any child support. the marriage is in shambles
Wow, you serious?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Secretz(f): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2009
Treetop20:

it is wrong

Wrong is not even the word. It is embarrassing.  grin

FL Gators:

Thank You, plz tell my mom grin grin
I told her I no do, she keeps insisting that the Naija men are might as well be Ghetto grin grin grin

Please inform my mama toooo. She been in UK for over 40 years and she still think like this? lol. I am even put off the whole marriage thing sef.  tongue
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by TOPE20001(f): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2009
$osisi:

Very wrong my brother
haba!
even if na Togolese men wey dey wear blouse cheesy
It is still wrong

Lmao . . . .osisi wont kill me tonite grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Sissy3(f): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2009
FL Gators:

Wow, you serious?

very serious
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 12:07am On Jun 15, 2009
~Sissy~:

u r so right! i know one lady she's from anambra, she went home and got married. she paid everything, the whole wedding expense, filed the papers for him to come over, paid the flight ticket, i mean she did everything for this man, just so that she will be among the "married ones" little did she know it's all a hoax from the man and his family. the man's sister even told the brother to make she didn't get pregnant, so when he finally leaves her he wouldn;t have to pay any child support. the marriage is in shambles

One other story sef
The man came over but a few months after he impregnated one white chick he met in the bus
He confessed to the wife,now ex wife that all his life he had wanted to sleep with a white woman and have "half caste" kids
He now has 2
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 15, 2009
@Secretz
lol

@Sissy
So what would she do now?
Is there any way she could take him home to naija and send FRIENDLY hirekiller after him? undecided
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 12:08am On Jun 15, 2009
$osisi:

Very wrong my brother
haba!
even if  na Togolese men wey dey wear blouse cheesy
It is still wrong
personally a woman will never pay my mortgage
rent or anything else. she can pay utilities and such
only time i would expect help with the bulk of the bills
is if i lose my job or something of that sort.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Secretz(f): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2009
$osisi:

One other story sef
The man came over but a few months after he impregnated one white chick he met in the bus
He confessed to the wife,now ex wife that all his life he had wanted to sleep with a white woman and have "half caste" kids
He now has 2

lmao. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban / Guinness Gold: Guinness Unveils New Premium Golden Lager Beer At Lagos Event / Amaechi Hosts Nollywood Stars To A Special Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.