Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly (30955 Views)

OSHIOMHOLE: FG Must Not Submit To Blackmail Of Niger Delta Avengers. / How N25bn Is Embezzled Daily Via Buhari’s TSA – Melaye By Joshua Amaugo / How Buhari’s TSA Saved Nigeria Billions Of Naira - Daily Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by anonimi: 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
pabjo:
ops forget gej matter here, we can not stand the chance of haven one man on control of every thing let be truth to ourselves legislator and executive have different rules and law that governs them so let each arms respect others without forcing to bow for other arm. my opinion thou

Africa does NOT need strong men.
It needs strong INSTITUTIONS.
~ Barack Hussein Obama, POTUS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by poiZon: 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
Fesomu:
abeg tell dem o. The money they spend, who generates it? What's so hard to comply with tsa. I don't know how our leaders think..

executive dont generate money either, capturing nass in the tsa will make dem less powerful n a stooge to the executive. we all want vibrant legislature not a pocketed one!

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by onatisi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
The judiciary too shouldn't be part of this so called TSA. Some bodies should be left to be totally independent of the executive arm of government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by baby124: 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
They should be independent in decision making. But nothing should concern them about accounts. That is the FG's priority. They are not even a money making arm. So how come they are trying to make decisions of where money goes to. I seems we need to start withdrawing these clowns so they know we are not joking.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by azzima(m): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
AWON OLE! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by pabjo: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
emperorchedda:
Why is it that some people despise progress??

Should we now return to the GEJ era of chop make I chop??

This is the sacrifice the national assembly should take for the betterment of Nigeria
hell no on your suggestion.
onatisi:
The judiciary too shouldn't be part of this so called TSA. Some bodies should be left to be totally independent of the executive arm of government
emperorchedda:
Why is it that some people despise progress??

Should we now return to the GEJ era of chop make I chop??

This is the sacrifice the national assembly should take for the betterment of Nigeria
hell no on your suggestion.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by poiZon: 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
APCsupporter:

Illiterate, people can decide to recall (impeach) a senator if he is not doing what they want him to do

people can as well retrieve their votes back from the president if he continue acting with impunity!
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by nwadiuko1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Fesomu:
Is that the reason why they can't follow common sense or they have their own hidden agenda to embezzle their own budget..I wonder what they are using money for sef...dem dey build school or roads? Or to make laws need money ni?
just think......can the executive agree to a TSA presided over by the judiciary or legislative arm of government?
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by ufotty2001: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
TSA--- tinubu single account grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by koko2000: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Please is NNPC part of TSA? If not can somebody explain the reason (s) to me please.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by transient123(m): 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
I knew there will be a backlash from the NA. They just want to loot us dry.

Remember Saraki was reported to have blackmailed Emefiele into removing the NA from the TSA.

This is the blacklash of the media chat where PMB was against buying of 5bn naira vehicles.

Which way Nigeria, which way NA, don't worry you will legislate and create FIRS and other revenue creating agencies for NA, then, you will become another Biafra(autonosteal).
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by colosa: 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
Don't sell your independence
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
I am with the NASS on this

They must not surrender their independence to the executive

Nigerians must stop looking for short cut to solving our problems. We can not cut our nose to spite our face, we can not undermine separation of powers an ingredient very fundamental to democracy just because Buhari wants to fight "corruption".

Buhari is seeking absolute power and we know from history how absolute power corrupts!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by APCsupporter: 2:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
poiZon:

people can as well retrieve their votes back from the president if he continue acting with impunity!

The noise makers are the ones that didnt vote for him. We the ones that voted him in are 100% in support of pmb. In just one day the petition in support of Buhari has gotten twice as much signatures as urs

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by APCsupporter: 2:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
poiZon:

The noise makers are the ones that didnt vote for him. We the ones that voted him in are 100% in support of pmb. In just one day the petition in support of Buhari has gotten twice as much signatures as the other useless ome
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by banio: 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
We need to know the details of the document on TSA so that we can comment.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by currentbrands(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
Demmocrats:
TSA was introduced to fight corruption and some set of thieves wants it to fail. That shows the problem with this nation is the so called politicians.

My sai Buhari has good intention for this nation but so many devils fighting him.

Well said bro! wink wink wink
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by onatisi(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
currentbrands:

Well said bro! wink wink wink
and have you not thought about it that the same TSA account can be used by buhari against anyone or body that stands against him in future
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Dklef(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lol. Egbon National Assembly if you want the car come and collect it.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by breakeven: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
Are they not working together to fight corruption?. 1 knew the issue of money will put a knife in APC. Change indeed. Hungry people!!
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
Military regime is what we still need in this country. Sanity would be quickly restored
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by WebSurfer(m): 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
hinwazaka:
They should not comply to any strongarm TSA Tinubu manufactured ponzi scheme. The NASS is an independent branch of the government, not a division of the executive. We are not in a military regime. NOONE has to adjust to the executive's demands, just because the President is throwing a hissy fit. The smart thing the President could have done is to ask the house to vote on it, instead of going on national television to show he is nothing but a coward.
this guy must me very stu-pid , set of thieves

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Farnsworth: 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
ijoba22:
how I wish soilder should drill u ,u won't say nonsenses again

Jokes on you, I could be working in the army, you never know? till you vote me into power... and I enact my grand plan, by the time I finish with Nigeria, you will be begging for the anti-christ to come. grin
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by yongnoble(m): 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
The major problem with our Nigeria today is not corruption, the problem is that we have too many ignorant and gullible people.

This APC govt understands how to play on the intelligence of the masses and they are exploiting it very well.

The FG knows it's wrong to ask the NASS or the judiciary to partake in the TSA. The TSA was designed to check corruption and block off excess wastage. The NASS is not a revenue generating institution. If they request for a budget of say N150b. It's the constitutional duty of the executive to make this money available to them and allow them manage it INDEPENDENTLY.

I believe they FG is only looking for ways to 'control' the NASS and the judiciary by controlling their finance asking them to adopt this TSA. Every well meaning Nigerian should support the NASS on this issue after all their budget is less than 8% of the entire Budget.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by 4four(m): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
this is one of d reason I so like uncle OBJ .............if u like agree with him or if u like do not agree with him, his will must b don............. bunch of le.thief.lator
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by kings09(m): 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
Na mouth una get. Una no fit recall or do anythn. D same senator or rep will come 2 ur area n u ll still hail him wen he drops a few naira. Let's stop deceiving ourselves
APCsupporter:
We will recall them very soon. The fools are supposed to represent us and not their stomachs. Corrupt thieves.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Acidosis(m): 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
I think some people do not care about the constitution in so far as we all kiss Buhari's feet.

Who ever wants to destroy democracy in this nation will not know peace. I do not care about what TSA demands or whatever the senators want. However, we must always protect the constitution, and the rule of law whether it favours anybody or not.

If Buhari hates the constitution, he should burn it and let's write a new one. If he hates the Court, he should kill all judges and lawyers and let's run a non-civic and lawless society

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by agitator: 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
poiZon:

executive dont generate money either, capturing nass in the tsa will make dem less powerful n a stooge to the executive. we all want vibrant legislature not a pocketed one!

Who controls the NNPC, NPA, Customs, etc. they are all under the direct control of the Executive and these and other parastatals/Ministries generate money for the government made up of the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary.

Separation of powers means the executive is not controlled by the legislature and the judiciary, neither is the legislature controlled by the executive and the judiciary, and the judiciary is also not controlled by the other two.

Some of you including demdem need to purchase SSS1 Government text books to understand instead of coming to nairaland to display your ignorance.

It is because of your tiny sense you people expected the GMB to select senate president and Speaker for House of reps. And even thinking of president giving instructions to the governors on what to do and not do. wink wink wink
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by arsenal33: 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
Awon ole!

Thieves
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Toosure70: 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
better. imagine TSA under GEJ.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by oz4real83(m): 2:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
drss1:
true talk. national assemble is an independen arm of govt.
in the name of "independence", the national assembly has broken all the financial laws this country has ever made. Money laundering and they withdrawn beyond the maximum amount withdrawable by law. The legislature and the judiciary are the major problems we have in this country. If they are put right,the executive will always be in check. They don't follow the laws they make.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Bike Man Paralysed A Boy In Chibok (Photos) / Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu / APC Women Leaders Visit Tinubu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.