Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly (30953 Views)

OSHIOMHOLE: FG Must Not Submit To Blackmail Of Niger Delta Avengers. / How N25bn Is Embezzled Daily Via Buhari’s TSA – Melaye By Joshua Amaugo / How Buhari’s TSA Saved Nigeria Billions Of Naira - Daily Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by justiz5(m): 2:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
Fesomu:

National Assembly yesterday said it would not be part of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) being implemented by President Muhammadu Buhari to reduce the level of corruption in governance.
President Buhari had during last Wednesday’s media chat, said he was having challenge with the National Assembly over the TSA.
“We are having problems with them (National Assembly) on TSA. We have to have a closed door session with them,” the president said during the media chat.
TSA was introduced by the federal government to reduce the level of corruption in governance. Buhari shortly after assuming office directed all federal government agencies to key into the new system.
But both upper and lower chambers yesterday said they would not be part of the TSA, saying it amounted to, “surrendering of their autonomy to the executive.”
In an interview, the spokespersons of the senate, Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi, said they were in total support of the TSA but that they would not be part of it.
“There is no any trouble on TSA, it is as an executive programme and we cannot surrender our autonomy to the executive. Submitting ourselves to the TSA, is surrendering our autonomy to the executive. We are on the first line charge as guaranteed by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Why should we give you our funds to put in the TSA and then we will be subjected to your own control, is that autonomy? That is just the issue; we’ve given our total support to the TSA programme. As far as we are concerned, we cannot subject ourselves to it because it amount to mortgaging our autonomy.
“Our autonomy is guaranteed by the constitution and how our money should be paid is also guaranteed by the constitution. Are we saying our autonomy should be jettisoned? Are we a revenue generating arm? Are we saying that the constitution should be jettisoned, because somebody wants to do TSA? Are we going to put the Constitution aside and follow somebody’s wish? What we are following is constitutional,” he said.
He said the senate would continue to follow due process in discharging their constitutional functions, saying “if you are following due process, you are promoting accountability and by so doing, you are promoting good governance.”
On the pledge by the Senate President Bukola Saraki to make the budget of the National Assembly public and transparent, he said, “when our budget is out, you will see the difference from previous ones.”
Also speaking, the spokesperson of the House of Representatives, Abdulrazak Sa’ad Namdas said TSA is an executive policy, and that National Assembly as an arm of government was yet to be part of it.
He said though TSA was a good way of ensuring transparency and accountability in handling public funds, they as an arm of government should be allowed to operate with some level of independence. He maintained that they were yet to decide whether to be part of TSA or not.
“You know every arm of government has its ways of operations. The issue of TSA is an executive matter, and in as much as we want to work together with the executive for good governance, we are not part of TSA for now,” he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/we-won-t-submit-to-buhari-s-tsa-n-assembly/127231.html#ceSxEgD1VM3cYJth.99

Enemies of transparent government noted.

We knew they would never yield to any measure that is intended to cut their excessess.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by SmartMugu: 2:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
That's why I miss the military era. They will all be in jail or assasinated for disobeying requests from tough military rulers like Abacha.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by gbishman: 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
I think on the grounds that the NASS see that surrendering to the TSA undermines their autonomy is quite reasonable, They have stated clearly that they are in full support but they would not partake in its exercise.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
If Buhari can get rid of Dogara and Saraki, there will be progress.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Charly68: 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
Are the legislatures different from Govt ,why are they not ready to tow the line of a transparent system..did the president brought the idea of TSA for self reason or public probity & transparency ? I submit heretofore that these bunch of legislative leaders are pure 419. There arrogance is just a ploy to entertain recklessness in their financial operations ,let there be a new order this is the change we voted for.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by preetyb(f): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
Demmocrats:
TSA was introduced to fight corruption and some set of thieves wants it to fail. That shows the problem with this nation is the so called politicians.

My sai Buhari has good intention for this nation but so many devils fighting him.

The same way he fought the previous administration. What goes around comes around.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by acooriz(m): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Fesomu:
Is that the reason why they can't follow common sense or they have their own hidden agenda to embezzle their own budget..I wonder what they are using money for sef...dem dey build school or roads? Or to make laws need money ni?
guy... Na democracy we dey, so it's either u change the system or u Park one side
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by OjujuCalabar(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
It is obvious that the National Assembly and the Judiciary are the twin problem of this country.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Fesomu:
Is that the reason why they can't follow common sense or they have their own hidden agenda to embezzle their own budget..I wonder what they are using money for sef...dem dey build school or roads? Or to make laws need money ni?

Remember that apc contols both chambers. So you are directly saying that apc has majority of the type of people you wrote about. Shey?
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by agitator: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Charly68:
Are the legislatures different from Govt ,why are they not ready to tow the line of a transparent system..did the president brought the idea of TSA for self reason or public probity & transparency ? I submit heretofore that these bunch of legislative leaders are pure 419. There arrogance is just a ploy to entertain recklessness in their financial operations ,let there be a new order this is the change we voted for.

TSA was meant for revenue generating ministries/parastatals. Is the national assembly generating revenue? You don't need to open you mouth and talk trash to prove your ___. wink wink wink
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by repogirl(f): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
grin so they understand what due process means.... grin
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by sarutobie(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
SmartMugu:
That's why I miss the military era. They will all be in jail or assasinated for disobeying requests from tough military rulers like Abacha.
look guys! a very smart MUGU..which is an oxymoron anyway....I bet this one was born during the 90's..if only you had people worth assassinating in your family. I guess the likes of dele giwa were rightly assassinated?? my gawd! how did I end up sharing a space with retards!
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Fesomu(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
jusRadical:

Remember that apc contols both chambers. So you are directly saying that apc has majority of the type of people you wrote about. Shey?
yup
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Bollinger(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
krendo:
I am with the NASS on this

They must not surrender their independence to the executive

Nigerians must stop looking for short cut to solving our problems. We can not cut our nose to spite our face, we can not undermine separation of powers an ingredient very fundamental to democracy just because Buhari wants to fight "corruption".

Buhari is seeking absolute power and we know from history how absolute power corrupts!

A big part of Nigeria's problem is information. You are voicing an opinion while you fail to the understand what TSA really is. You are not alone; a lot of Nigerians are like that as evidenced on this forum. Soon they'll be crucifying another Dasuki but won't ask why that level of corruption keeps happening.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by KanwuliaJara: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
When illiterates THINK, WRITE or SPEAK, all you can get is the SEMANTIC CONFUSION embedded in EQUIVOCAL LINGUISTICS! cheesy
All to confuse "fellow illiterates"! cheesy

I ask again? When will Nigerians stop deploying illiterates to seat in power? undecided

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by martineverest(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
hinwazaka:
They should not comply to any strongarm TSA Tinubu manufactured ponzi scheme. The NASS is an independent branch of the government, not a division of the executive. We are not in a military regime. NOONE has to adjust to the executive's demands, just because the President is throwing a hissy fit. The smart thing the President could have done is to ask the house to vote on it, instead of going on national television to show he is nothing but a coward.
a pained BiaFRAT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by ehinmowo: 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
they knew that looting will be easily detectable if it is from one account

#robbersinagbada
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by ogbonnajude507: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
hinwazaka:
They should not comply to any strongarm TSA Tinubu manufactured ponzi scheme. The NASS is an independent branch of the government, not a division of the executive. We are not in a military regime. NOONE has to adjust to the executive's demands, just because the President is throwing a hissy fit. The smart thing the President could have done is to ask the house to vote on it, instead of going on national television to show he is nothing but a coward.
I PITY YOUR GENERATION.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by denedene(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Why can't the judiciary share the same level of freedom with the legislature? undecided
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by casto: 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Bunch of criminals, Senathieves! grin
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by netmillionaires(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
Demdem:
Seriously I think it's high time the people themselves rise against the NASS.
Exactly! It gives me fits of anger whenever I read of our politicians approving bills that empower their pockets and throwing people oriented bills into the public bin with no one to curtail their excesses. It is high time the masses are put in the know on how to recall their lawmakers so we can put them on their toes. I am ready to vote any stup1d polithiefcian out of the house b4 he/she destroys us.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by sarutobie(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
SmartMugu:

You are the damn retard. I bet you were born in 2001. Slowpoke with no damn manners. Must everyone share the same views with you? Would u call your father names if his views are different from yours?
Sorry to burst your bubble clown, my father can never be seen making such tasteless and moronic statement. If you do not value your God given freedom why not tie yourself up in a leash and submit your hide to aso rock. imagine a supposed human wishing for the days of political assassination.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by APCsupporter: 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
kings09:
Na mouth una get. Una no fit recall or do anythn. D same senator or rep will come 2 ur area n u ll still hail him wen he drops a few naira. Let's stop deceiving ourselves

You think i have issues with money? Im not like you pal. We can unite and recall the legislathieves
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by HzRF(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
Demmocrats:
TSA was introduced to fight corruption and some set of thieves wants it to fail. That shows the problem with this nation is the so called politicians.

My sai Buhari has good intention for this nation but so many devils fighting him.
You think his party members don't know him better than u zombies?

You think they will surrender their power to to a tyrant

A man on mission of vengeance?
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
I don't xpect anything less 4rm self-serving LEGIS-LOOTERS!...remorseless kleptos!!
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by menxer: 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
so what are they saying?
that the issue of corruption in Nigeria does not affect the legislators, and any solution execution proffered in that regard by the Executive is not their concern?
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by HzRF(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
hinwazaka:

Don't mind the zombies

They think they know Buhari better than these pple

They can never surrender to a tyrant

Full of venom

Check dogara comment and u will see that Buhari is no different from other politicians

This is how OBJ started till he sees himself as a god

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by emerged01(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
You seee....enemies of progress.
Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by 3Ceagle(m): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
The NA is not a revenue generating unit, rather the constitution allows them to draw from the pool of revenue. If the TSA was meant to collapse the multiple accounts held by the various agencies into one account there by eliminating leackages, how does this affect the NA. Are there agencies remitting direct to the NA account by law? And to what extent should be remitted. This is what the Buhari govt need to tell Nigerians instead of pitching the people against the NA. People should be ruled objectivity when putting a public comment. The NA is an independent arm of government governed by set of laws. Nigerians should only go against them when they go beyond the laws. Anything corruption in this dispensation brings up lot of sentiment.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ds is wat Nigerians need to unite for, and stone ds legislooters.... beat and start raining abuses on dem... instead of chasing shadows like d sunnis, shites, arewa or d biafras...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments / Collapse Of Bank PHB: Atiku Has Questions To Answer - Lai Mohammed / Gov Soludo Receives The Body Of Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.