Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,479 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy (32880 Views)

18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State / 15-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Delta Over Love; Mourned By Friends (Photos) / Girlfriend Flees As Boyfriend Dies In Lagos Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Islie: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
A 19-year-old lady, identified simply as Chiamaka, at the weekend committed suicide for being pregnant. Chiamaka took her life in her residence at No. 17 Nwike Street, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State. The lady, who hailed from Ohaozara Local Government Area of the state, was said to have hanged herself after her parents told her that they could not buy her what she had demanded for the Yuletide because they discovered she was pregnant.

A source close to the family said Chiamaka had, after discovering that she was pregnant, informed her boyfriend responsible for the pregnancy and who also lives in the same building but the boy denied being responsible for the pregnancy.

“Chiamaka was not happy that her boyfriend denied her in her trying moment because her parents threatened to sanction her for being pregnant. “The parents were very angry about it because we, the neighbours, always hear when they quarrelled with her because of the pregnancy and she thought the best thing to do was to go to her boyfriend, at least to have a rest of mind.

“But she was disappointed that the boy denied her and I think this might be the reason why she hanged herself,” the source added. When our correspondent visited the house, most of the residents had fled the building for fear of arrest while residents of the street were discussing the incident in groups. When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) George Okafor, said he was yet to receive official report on the matter.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/girl-19-commits-suicide-boyfriend-rejects-pregnancy/

lalasticlala
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by StefanSalvatore: 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Wat a shame, killed herself n d little one inside. Wetin she go tell God now, sad i pray God pity her soul. Dats y it's bn repeated over n over again abstain from pre-marital sex if u r not ready for d consequences or at d very least protect urself. But no everybody wan enjoy

There is dis saying in igbo "ihe na ato uto n'egbu egbu" my igbo guys go understand

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by IamLucy(f): 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
her parents are to blame.african parents can be quite shallow and insensitive.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Tolexander: 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Chiamaka was not happy that her boyfriend denied her in her trying moment because her parents threatened to sanction her for being pregnant. “The parents were very angry about it because we, the neighbours, always hear when they quarrelled with her because of the pregnancy and she thought the best thing to do was to go to her boyfriend, at least to have a rest of mind.
the way many African parents handle teenage pregnancy betrays common sense and maturity!

The most annoying part is many of these parents got their first born before they got wedded.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by jmichlins(m): 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
How can I say Rip to someone that took her own life Make she begine the sojourn to the world beyond

3 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by YorubaWoman: 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Atun tun ku e lona oorun.

Oju re ti ri nkan toun wa.
Omo kekere okandinlogun......radarada

4 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by LouisBERG: 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by LouisBERG: 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
But why?..if her parent had accepted the pregnancy and welcomed her with warmth gestures she wouldn't have subcribed to suicide. That silly boyfriend of her's too didn't even help matters. No creative minds anymore, going to school is not even in their agenda. What we see now are Youth with misplaced priority parambating the streets looking for whom to devour. RIP to the victim.
#caLLmeBERG

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by nerdfrost(m): 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
She murdered the innocent child, may its soul rest in peace. But why do youths of this generation tend to commit suicide on any little thing? Where is this world heading to?

2 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by dre11(m): 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
A source close to the family said Chiamaka had, after discovering that she was pregnant, informed her boyfriend responsible for the pregnancy and who also lives in the same building but the boy denied being responsible for the pregnancy.

see how the other party abandoned her to her faith.....

how I wish that teens could learn that..... that guy that is promising you love is only just interested in your hole and body.

even if you must do.... while not use the condom but abstinence is the best solution

she has taken her life because she can't face the repercussions of her 5mins action

4 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by missKiffy(f): 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
Eeyah, quite sad

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by octopusfreaky(f): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
suicide aint the best option,,
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by BruzMoney(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
one condom I mean on fvcking condom would have saved two souls, they lost the Mother and the Kid. the Guy is Davido's extended family and they are allergic to condom. They should castrate the guy to avoid future issues..

9 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Rip to her baby
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by dikeigbo2(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Wicked boyfriend, liking s.ex ,but denying the outcome .
A lesson for girls out there,if you notice that your boyfriend or man friend has no feelings for you,or can't shuder any responsibility that arises in the course of ....that friendship, kindly call it quit,because stupid guys are not smiling, don't waste your life,your future and carrier because of vain pleasures.

2 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by CrownPrinceMJ(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
My Quote: "Someone who can takes his/her life (suicide) can also takes somebody else life (murder)."
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
Poor girl. Sure she won't meet Baba God at home with her stupid action. See why I encourage guys to patronise olosho
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
Bad one. She should have delivered the baby tho
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by 49cents(m): 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
When all the small kids won't read their books but are concerned in engaging in acts that aren't for them

That's why u see them so disrespectful and full of pride....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
I wch girl o die for me omo I day fine babe oh
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
.i dont blame the either the boy or girl, i blame the parents of the girl for treating her the way they did. What happened to making her realise her mistakes and help her raise the baby? The guy might eventually accept the baby,We all make mistakes at some points in our lives, yes, i know some people would come here to lash the girl about how she opened up for a boy to get her pregnant, but then how many people can come out clean that they didnt go against their parents/mothers wish for them to stay off sex with guys until marriage. She was just a girl in her youth that wanted to explore, but its sad she ended up like that. RIP girl

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Demmocrats(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
The girl just bought herself one way ticket to hell.

3 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by laurel03(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Unwanted Pregnancy not the end of life now... Just endure for 9months and move on with ur life... U Just waste ur life by committing suicide... What pain is the innocent unborn baby in your womb.. Rip

2 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by ORACLE1975(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Sorry
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by eleko1: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
I pity that boy,he'll regret his action soon.

2 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by babzy2: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
I just come check name and as usual lipsrsealed
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by WisdomCanada(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Sad
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by laurel03(m): 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tolexander:
the way many African parents handle teenage pregnancy betrays common sense and maturity!

The most annoying part is many of these parents got their first born before they got wedded.
Africa parents always form saints.. Like den no dey chop banana

2 Likes

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by leboss6(m): 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
if she had enough exposure to be able to perfect the act of suicide which is by no means easy then she should also have had enough exposure to insist on using Condoms
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lol, way to kill two birds with one rope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdullahi Bachi, Fulani Imam Murdered By Armed Militia In Plateau State / Woman Bites Off Friend’s Lip Over Gossip (pic) / I Felt Safer Putting 450g Cocaine In My Anus Than Swallowing It – (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.