Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy (32878 Views)

18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State / 15-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Delta Over Love; Mourned By Friends (Photos) / Girlfriend Flees As Boyfriend Dies In Lagos Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Askseek(f): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Have we as a people lost all sense of decency? This is a sad story, the loss of life (mother & unborn child) is truly sad. The response of a great many on this thread to blame her parents for their initial reaction is so sad and shows how lost we are as Nigerians. The young girl got pregnant and had the gall to demand, emphasis on demand for a gift. I can only imagine what she wanted as her gift. Her parents declined and rightly so and the response of a nineteen year old who felt she was mature enough to have sex is to kill herself? And the court of public opinion deems it fit to blame her parents. What do we expect her parents to do at the news that a child they had/have high hopes for, a child for whom they make sacrifices for days thank you by getting pregnant and for someone who does not have the decency to do what is right. We want the parents to give her a pat on the back and say well done? The parents responded with hurt and pain as any parent should. Her parents would have turned around with time and after such a huge gaffe, she did not deserve a gift of any kind and should have known that. Demanding a gift shows a sense of entitlement that in itself requires a lesson in humility. As someone pointed out teenage pregnancies is not a good thing, many parents know this and that is why they guide you away from that part and the hurt is deep when their child finds herself in that predicament. Who are we to double their pain by blaming them. Put the blame where it belongs, on the shoulders of 2 immature kids who did not think past their hormones.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by LouisBERG: 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tolexander:
thanks ma!
God bless the person behind this moniker @ some of the parent got ther first born before they got wedded.
#caLLmeBERG
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by canDy4eva(f): 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
IamLucy:
her parents are to blame.african parents can be quite shallow and insensitive.
seconded!
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Tiffarah(f): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
How sad.... Her death could have been averted, if her parents had just accepted the pregnancy.... Yes, its heart breaking but then it cannot be reversed. A lil scolding here and there would have been okay, then move on with their lives...
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by sample042(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
Demmocrats:
The girl just bought herself one way ticket to hell.

How u tk Sabi....?

Don't tell me u ve bn to hell before cos dats d only guaranteed way of asserting the possibility of hell.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by codedeleniyan(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
eyaaa i pity d baby sha
and the guy play iz game save also becus he never won becom fayher of a babe
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by matrix199(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
IamLucy:
i KNOW so
Read the story again. Read the young man's contribution. Then read mine.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by IamLucy(f): 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
missyadorable:

Her parents were even nice to accommodate her.Mine would have thrown her out! This is Africa! Pregnancy outside wedlock esp for a teenager is a BIG shame
her parents were nice to accommodate her? cause she's not their child or something?
yes this is africa where most are shallow minded.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by bigtt76(f): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hmmm ...when every babe is going the Baby Mama route angry RIP
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by suduji: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
pls the parents of the girl be....at 19 you should know good from bad...besides her parents did not push her to the boy's house.....

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
IamLucy:

Not being shallow, the fact is that you as a mother cannot condone such act after all effort to make her useful.

Me I no get pity for the dead, her soul no go rest in peace.

One of this yeye okposi girls wey full Abakaliki na ejighi nti anu something.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Obcglobal(m): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
classicB:
.i dont blame the either the boy or girl, i blame the parents of the girl for treating her the way they did. What happened to making her realise her mistakes and help her raise the baby? The guy might eventually accept the baby,We all make mistakes at some points in our lives, yes, i know some people would come here to lash the girl about how she opened up for a boy to get her pregnant, but then how many people can come out clean that they didnt go against their parents/mothers wish for them to stay off sex with guys until marriage. She was just a girl in her youth that wanted to explore, but its sad she ended up like that. RIP girl
the parent did what is right, and they deserve no blame my sister! So they will celebrate it for her, killing yourself because your parents admonish you for being pregnant out of wedlock or because your boyfriend reject you is worthy to be celebrated abi, simple truth is that she is an illiterate and psychologically imbalance ,
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
LouisBERG:
But why?..if her parent had accepted the pregnancy and welcomed her with warmth gestures she wouldn't have subcribed to suicide. That silly boyfriend of her's too didn't even help matters. No creative minds anymore, going to school is not even in their agenda. What we see now are Youth with misplaced priority parambating the streets looking for whom to devour. RIP to the victim.
#caLLmeBERG

If her parents accepts her pregnancy, this will surely encourage her junior the ply her path.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Endowed595(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
IamLucy:
look at u as if u wldnt have done the same or worse. Your 19 year old daugther.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by LouisBERG: 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
frenchpharaoh1:

If her parents accepts her pregnancy, this will surely encourage her junior the ply her path.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by LouisBERG: 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
frenchpharaoh1:

I understand where you are comong from. But i think her supposed parent should hav been a lll bit sentimental to some extend. For goodness sake this is their BLOOD. Mistakes do happen. But handling it in a way it doesn't go viral makes you a mature individual. Note, this is not an excuse or whotsoever for our younger youth to follow this path. Even the promicuous state of our youth this days in terms of issues such as this cannot be overempahsize as they have tend to be carried away by the happenings around them. This is a lesson to our youth.
#AbstinencestiLLREMAINSthebest
#caLLmeBERG
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by abimic(m): 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
IamLucy:
Even before the pregnancy of a thing, Sex education was important and parents need advice their kids against having pre Marital Sex and its consequences, since the wards are young they would be scared of the consequences, hence would abstain from such acts till they're mature, University probably but with senses. Still, the good ones will tread it cautiously and if things go the other way, the parents should still be inviting and welcoming,they're surely the last hope of their children after God.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by demeele: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Sweets rough killing......
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by ugbah007: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Getting pregnant,e dey happen but commiting sucide na Bleep up.RIP to the poor girl.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by IamLucy(f): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
abimic:

Even before the pregnancy of a thing, Sex education was important and parents need advice their kids against having pre Marital Sex and its consequences, since the wards are young they would be scared of the consequences, hence would abstain from such acts till they're mature, University probably but with senses. Still, the good ones will tread it cautiously and if things go the other way, the parents should still be inviting and welcoming,they're surely the last hope of their children after God.
you spoke with sense .
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Fourwinds: 12:03am On Jan 05, 2016
classicB:
.i dont blame the either the boy or girl, i blame the parents of the girl for treating her the way they did. What happened to making her realise her mistakes and help her raise the baby? The guy might eventually accept the baby,We all make mistakes at some points in our lives, yes, i know some people would come here to lash the girl about how she opened up for a boy to get her pregnant, but then how many people can come out clean that they didnt go against their parents/mothers wish for them to stay off sex with guys until marriage. She was just a girl in her youth that wanted to explore, but its sad she ended up like that. RIP girl
dats what happens when kitty cat over scratch a girl... weti dey sweet na e dey kill rat...
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 05, 2016
check well, she fit be all those girls wey dey disturb quiet guys for prick.
I sure say one of those videos for naijauncut.com nah her own.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by fredopareto(m): 12:25am On Jan 05, 2016
nerdfrost:
She murdered the innocent child, may its soul rest in peace. But why do youths of this generation tend to commit suicide on any little thing?
Where is this world heading to?
yaba nw,,,,ok
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by ChynoBEATS: 7:32am On Jan 05, 2016
IamLucy:

Seconded

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Cutehector(m): 9:18am On Jan 05, 2016
IamLucy:
so u want dem to be like, oh my daughter congratulations for being pregnant.. pls continue to do well to sleep wit evry boy in d village.. let us celebrate the good news.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Cutehector(m): 9:18am On Jan 05, 2016
kaziblake:
Teenage pregnancy is becoming rampant in our society.
As a girl we get much of blame,just imagine,after impregnating her,he denied the pregnancy.
Ladies pls close your legs,dont allow any random men sleep with you.
R.I.P.
will they eva hear?
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Sylvapower2000(m): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2016
DO YOU WANT TO GET AN INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN FIRE AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT , SECURITY AND INTELLIGENCE MANAGEMENT?THEN OLIVE GREENS INSTITUTE INDIA IS CALING NOW ,ALL AT VERY AFFORDABLE COST (ONLINE)CONTACT sylvapower2000@gmail.com or +2347067990990 FOR FORM AND OTHER INFORMATION
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Olabestonic001(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
classicB:

The smartest human being are the responsible ones. That girl and her boyfriend are irresponsible. we can't blame her parents for her death. Granted, the parents goofed but she is responsible for her actions and inactions. If you can do what dad and mum are doing, be ready to rise up to its challenges like dad and mum. And its the rising up to the challenges youths dislikes.

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Askseek(f): 7:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Cutehector:
so u want dem to be like, oh my daughter congratulations for being pregnant.. pls continue to do well to sleep wit evry boy in d village.. let us celebrate the good news.

Apparently so oh! They should have thrown her a baby shower, bought her a car and monthly allowance too cos she got pregnant.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy by Pylony(m): 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
May her soul rest in perfect Peace. I said this because i do not blame her, this is a clear act committed likely by a depress young Lady. It is a fact that Nigeria is one wrong place to fall into Depression or Post Traumatic Stress (PTS). And when you open up for help, most atimes you get discriminated against by love ones or send to a prayer house.
Evident is what many are posting here over the matter, even as she's no more to defend her self for such an emotionally driven action.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Bites Off Friend’s Lip Over Gossip (pic) / Abdullahi Bachi, Fulani Imam Murdered By Armed Militia In Plateau State / Anthony Okolie Gives DSS 24 Hours To Pay ₦10 Million Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.