Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,520 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Scientists Discover Four New Elements - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scientists Discover Four New Elements (25493 Views)

Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? / Scientists Discover Some Evidences Of Life After Death [check In] / Four New Elements To Be Added To Periodic Table (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by Harfisco(m): 6:19am On Jan 05, 2016
Chemistry is why i will always remember uncle nurein,may God always be with you sir
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 05, 2016
Ossei yaw abbabio needs to be replaced as soon as possible.
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by wroskian(m): 6:54am On Jan 05, 2016
That Chemistry textbooks would become obsolete is unfounded, at least it won't happen anytime soon. While I acknowledge Pearson to be a major publisher, the onus to make such pronouncements lies at the doorstep of IUPAC and other relevant bodies. These elements don't even have symbols yet and it's going to take a while to study their chemistries in its entirety. I think Pearson is saying this to gain attention, the discovery will of course add to the pool of knowledge but not render existing textbooks useless.
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by kunlemessi: 7:13am On Jan 05, 2016
ENDTIME ELEMENTS imo
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by ldpele(m): 8:00am On Jan 05, 2016
The cation and anion have gathered.
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by effyzie01(m): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2016
What on Earth isn't Chemistry?
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by franklingud(m): 8:24am On Jan 05, 2016
Electronzeez:
I always thought I know chemistry back then in school untill I have c6 grin.

Chemistry is sweet sha ....I like it
U tried, me got C5
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by daxon001(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2016
sometimes I wish we would have 2 know just d 1st 3 periods with all dese unujargons. SMH. I enjoyed group 1 n 2 in 100level however transition metals won do me strong tin 4 200level but I thank d lord.
#chemistry sha but
#greatest chemists
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by daxon001(m): 11:01am On Jan 05, 2016
Niyeal:
ABABIO CHEMISTRY AND NEW SCHOOL CHEMISTRY MY FAVORITE TEXTBOOK. Farewell
shey dose ones wey dey form boss 4 secondary school. they became practically useless even In 100level
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by Bestbeelieve: 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
The thing is there are still so many more to be discovered.
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by Bestbeelieve: 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
effyzie01:
What on Earth isn't Chemistry?
A lot that's now History smiley
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by stzy(m): 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Will dis make 1 of my lecturer in those days that used hand out from type-writer 2 lecture us coordination compound n inorganic reaction mechanism 2 change update his note? #newisalwaysbetter
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by skedy1(m): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
Tank God say I don pass go b4 dis ones show...
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by jobaltol: 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
AKAKAK:
Zovoe Jonathan/Simon Ejembi/Ayodele Oluwagbemi

Four elements are soon to be added to the periodic table, finally completing the seventh row making every science textbook out of date according to education giant Pearson, the CNBC has reported.

A spokesman for Pearson said, “We regularly review our course materials and textbooks to ensure they are up to date, and any changes that need to be made will be done at the appropriate moment to ensure least disruption to schools and students.”

The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry on December 30, verified the addition of the elements 113, 115, 117 and 118 to the table’s seventh row making it complete.

This marks the first time new atoms have been added to the periodic table since 2011, according to the report.

Professor Jan Reedijk, President of the Inorganic Chemistry Division of IUPAC said the chemistry community is eager to see its most cherished table finally being completed down to the seventh row.

“The chemistry community is eager to see its most cherished table finally being completed down to the seventh row.

“IUPAC has now initiated the process of formalizing names and symbols for these elements temporarily named as ununtrium, (Uut or element 113), ununpentium (Uup, element 115), ununseptium (Uus, element 117), and ununoctium (Uuo, element 118),” he said in a statement.

The proposed names and symbols will be checked by the Inorganic Chemistry Division of IUPAC for consistency, translatability into other languages, possible prior historic use for other cases, etc.

New elements can be named after a mythological concept, a mineral, a place or country, a property or a scientist.

After Divisional acceptance, the names and two-letter symbols will be presented for public review for five months, before the highest body of IUPAC, the Council, will make a final decision on the names of these new chemical elements and their two-letter symbols and their introduction into the Periodic Table of the Elements.

The statement released by IUPAC also quoted the President, Dr. Mark C. Cesa, as saying, “As the global organization that provides objective scientific expertise and develops the essential tools for the application and communication of chemical knowledge for the benefit of humankind, the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry is pleased and honored to make this announcement concerning elements 113, 115, 117, and 118 and the completion of the seventh row of the periodic table of the elements.

“we are excited about these new elements, and we thank the dedicated scientists who discovered them for their painstaking work, as well the members of the IUPAC/IUPAP Joint Working Party for completing their essential and critically important task,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/chemistry-textbooks-outdated-as-scientists-discover-four-new-elements/

Pls, I will suggest to IUPAC to name element 115....Nigeriantium.............in recognition of Nigeria's effort in the area of Chemistry
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by successtar(m): 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
These elements has been known for long

For it's details and when it was discovered see it here http://getperiodicity..com
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by agrovick(m): 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
horexy:
I just hate dt subject/ course angry
It's just too complex undecided

One more lazy arse spotted
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by AlexJuvion: 8:14am On Aug 07, 2018
It is great that Scientists discover four new chemical elements which are also going to be added in the periodic table. The chemistry students to whom assignment writers are providing best assignment service UK at Quality Assignment, will sure eager to learn and understand new chemical elements once it get up at the appropriate moment to confirm least disruption to schools and students.
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by jonathannathan: 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Unblock sites Free Web and Video Proxy access all your favorite blocked websites. Unblock YouTube Proxy, unblock facebook and unblock torrent sites.
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by fedral: 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
vShare is a third party app market that allows you to download premium games, apps, and much more. The app is free to use and works on all platforms including Android, iOS, and PC. https://vshare.ninja
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 24, 2019
If u are a teacher or student , check my signature
Re: Scientists Discover Four New Elements by kitumotu: 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
vshare official
Looking for vShare Market App? If yes, then you have reached the right place. From our website, you can download vShare for iOS, Android, and PC for absolutely free! The vShare app has emerged as one of the best marketplaces for new apps, games, and other interesting stuff that you can’t find on mainstream App Stores like Google PlayStore or the Apple App Store. In this post, we are going to tell you everything that you need to know about this amazing app market. So, without any further ado let’s get started!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A School, A College And A University? / University Of Ibadan & Covenant In UN Sustainable Development Goals Ranking / Russia-ukrainan War: Sokoto Students Now In Budapest, Says Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.