Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? (7970 Views)

Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba / See The Weapons 'Recovered' From Shiite Muslims After Clash With Police In Kano / Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 15, 2016
Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite or Sunni?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by coolebux(m): 5:40am On Oct 15, 2016
They're only confused

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 15, 2016
Shebi ur phone dey browse. Ask Google now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by acenazt: 5:46am On Oct 15, 2016
Muslims

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by juman(m): 5:59am On Oct 15, 2016
acenazt:
Muslims

Abi.

Muslim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by proeast(m): 6:16am On Oct 15, 2016
Lol, no wonder northern moslems regard yoruba moslems as confused infidels that are neither here nor there.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by BishopMagic: 6:28am On Oct 15, 2016
They are Sango Muslims who mix voodoo with Islamic mystiscm.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 15, 2016
I'm not sure they know which is which. They are just Muslims in name only...neither there nor here, and will never sacrifice themselves for the religion like Arabs and northerners do. I don't blame Arabs and Northerners for not seeing them as real Muslims.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by vedaxcool(m): 6:33am On Oct 15, 2016
Your question is filled with overwhelming ignorance. Nigerian's Muslims population is largely Mainstream Islam. Shias are a minority around 1 to 3% who you would find in various ethnicities.

8 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by Bari22: 6:34am On Oct 15, 2016
They are our muslim brothers, we regard them as muslims, so keep off.

7 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by chibuzorAbia: 6:45am On Oct 15, 2016
Abeg! Who sabi Igbo history? I don check google tire. I really need to know my history beyond 1940, abi na Yoruba people civilised us?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by legendarystar: 7:03am On Oct 15, 2016
chibuzorAbia:
Abeg! Who sabi Igbo history? I don check google tire. I really need to know my history beyond 1940, abi na Yoruba people civilised us?

lols funny u, meanwhile sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by KINGwax007(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2016
Do Igbo chrisians practice Catholicism or Pentecostalism?

3 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by naijaboy756: 7:24am On Oct 15, 2016
This thread don't expose the religion behind many monikers. Because I wonder how a soul supports this PMB govt with all the summersaults and problems they are sharing... Now I know the reason for the strange blind support even against Aisha... Religion!

6 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by sdindan: 7:27am On Oct 15, 2016
They belong to Sunni's kitchen, bedroom and other rooms.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by kebrocity(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2016
Afonja muslims

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by blessedvisky(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2016
Most identify with Sunni Islam, as per master-slave things. wink.
However, there's a sizeable portion that are Ahmadiyya, another small branch in Islam.
Sunni hate both Shia and Ahmadiyya,although this hate isn't shown openly by yorubas, unlike the northern people.

Hope this helped. Mind you, I'm YORUBA

9 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by anigbajumo(m): 7:58am On Oct 15, 2016

I don't knw why some people lack ability to do research or hatred has damaged their cerebral cortex.

So many pathatic dumb on this forum, I hardly comment on NL these days coz of some mentally deranged post on this forum.

Sunnis nd Shi'ite emerged after the death of our holy prophet,there is nothing like both of em b4.Not all Muslim belongs to one group or the other,gat that straight to yer skull.

I can see some fool shouting Yoruba Muslim,lol.United we stand here in Yoruba land,we are intelligent here than to be divided by religion sentiments.what is Yoruba Muslim??many mad people on NL.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by Chigold101(m): 8:09am On Oct 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
Your question is filled with overwhelming ignorance. Nigerian's Muslims population is largely Mainstream Islam. Shias are a minority around 1 to 3% who you would find in various ethnicities.
abeg which one is “mainstream“ again?

Are yoruba muslems shites or sunis? Thats the question...

Forget that ur persentage...

18 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by nobilie: 8:12am On Oct 15, 2016
NASFAT muslims

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by Smooyis(m): 8:16am On Oct 15, 2016
Nasfat are many among yoruba Muslims. They are hospitable peaceful and very accommodating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by haffaze777(m): 8:29am On Oct 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
oooh God,u shouldn't have reply him
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by crosbreaka: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2016
Smooyis:
Nasfat are many among yoruba Muslims. They are hospitable peaceful and very accommodating.

Nasfat is not a type of Muslim. NASFAT is an organization. And it is Sunni. The IMN in the north is Shia organization. Many mistake the religion/sect/branch for the local organization. The IMN, Nasfat, ansarud deen, Izala are all organizations or groups belonging to an ideology or religion. Shia and Sunni are worldwide ideologies or two main branches of Islam. Just like redeem and Pentecostal, caritas and Catholics etc. IMN is only found in Nigeria. It's a local Shia group.

As for Yorubas, they are mostly Sunnis in practice with a sizeable Shia population. But majority hardly relate to these differences because they were sect blind. When Islam arrived Nigeria, it was the Sunni brand. With the happenings around the world especially the Middle East, it was of recent Nigerian Muslims got exposed to the ideas that there is another option in Islam. That the Islam they have been following and which was passed down to them (Sunni Islam) is only a version. It is one version. And there is another option or alternative which is Shia Islam. That is he rivalry between the two groups because if you follow one, you abandon the other and with no third choice in between. Even Ahmadiyyah is a sub sect of Sunni Islam. Even though excommunicated and most Sunnis see them as heretics.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by haffaze777(m): 8:32am On Oct 15, 2016
blessedvisky:
Most identify with Sunni Islam, as per master-slave things. wink.
However, there's a sizeable portion that are Ahmadiyya, another small branch in Islam.
Sunni hate both Shia and Ahmadiyya,although this hate isn't shown openly by yorubas, unlike the northern people.

Hope this helped. Mind you, I'm YORUBA
who ask u either u re Yoruba or ibibio?hope u know dat's sign of impostor

6 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by crosbreaka: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2016
vedaxcool:

There is nothing as mainstream Islam.

Sunni Islam was what your masters from the Middle East presented to you as "islam" not knowing it was only one side of the story presented to you. The Shia in the Middle East by that time were oppressed by the Sunni caliphate and had little contact with the wider world. So they couldn't have exported their own brand to you until recent when information became cheap thanks to the Internet and other means of communication.

3 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by CSTR2: 8:38am On Oct 15, 2016
anigbajumo:

I don't knw why some people lack ability to do research or hatred has damaged there cerebral cortex.

So many pathatic dumb on this forum, I hardly comment on NL these days coz of some mentally deranged post on this forum.

Sunnis nd Shi'ite emerged after the death of our holy prophet,there is nothing like both of em b4.Not all Muslim belongs to one group or the other,gat that straight to yer skull.

I can see some fool shouting Yoruba Muslim,lol.United we stand here in Yoruba land,we are intelligent here than to be divided by religion sentiments.what is Yoruba Muslim??many mad people on NL.

Go to osun ,ondo and ekiti states and tell them that.
na who una dey deceive?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by blessedvisky(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2016
haffaze777:

who ask u either u re Yoruba or ibibio?hope u know dat's sign of impostor
undecidedw

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by Justiceleague1: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2016
Afonja muslims know wetin be sunni or shiite? Just Remove the 'e' and one 'i' from Shiite and thou shall know what afonja and their muslims knoweth far better than anybody. Dem be pro dia grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 15, 2016
it so funny how people comment without knowledge on what they comment about.

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by orunto27: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Yorubas are Islamists. Yorubas worship Olodumare by the Order of Anobi Isa. Yorubas don't worship the ways of Iran, Iraq, and Saudis. Yorubas are neither Shiites nor Sunnis.

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by Arijude(m): 9:19am On Oct 15, 2016
BishopMagic:
They are Sango Muslims who mix voodoo with Islamic mystiscm.

Hahahahahaha mo kwu ooo
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? by crosbreaka: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2016
Albaqir is a Yoruba Shia Muslim that frequently posts on nairaland Islam section.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name / Governor Okowa Praises His Wife On Their 35th Wedding Anniversary / 2023: Former Niger State Rep Member, Supporters Dump APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.