Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? (58505 Views)

Father Abandons His White Daughter For Going Out With A Black Guy (pics) / Ever Got Turned Down By Your Date For Crazy Reason? / Know A Man Who Can Get You Pregnant And Abandons You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Spidermon: 3:42am On Jan 06, 2016
ireneony:
I go wash plate for one month

You go dey drop yansh steady join for that 1 month sef
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 06, 2016
Carnations:

What if that's what she's used to? .. Or perhaps as u say, the dude's been pretending to be very wealthy. She may not have ordered so much. The bill might have gotten to that amount, perhaps because of the nature of the restaurant... Their services, cost of food and all.

It was left to the guy to tell her what his pockets could afford. So, let's assume he had been pretending. Now that he left her in the lurch, in such a distasteful manner, do u still think she'd want to have anything to do with him?

The guy had no deal to caution/tell the girl on how to moderate her orders. Common sense demands that you show some sense of responsibility when you have a date with someone whether a wealthy dude or not.Even if he is wealthy, does it make any sense to consume food worth such amount at a spot just cos he's wealthy? That is the side of "irresponsibility" you have refused to see in her part.

Good morning
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by ritababe(f): 7:38am On Jan 06, 2016
zanga420:
Very disgusting n useless. What do u gain if u waste his resources. Cos he asked u out? Is it a crime to ask one out, lot of ladies are praying for who'll price their market, others a practically asking guys out, some1 admired u n u're paying him back with heartlessness? If devil begin dey punish u now, u go dey ask wetin u do. Shioor!
Cc: ritababe see what i'm seeing

lwkmd lol see trouble, maybe she over demand sha
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 06, 2016
SerialGist:

The guy had no deal to caution/tell the girl on how to moderate her orders. Common sense demands that you show some sense of responsibility when you have a date with someone whether a wealthy dude or not.Even if he is wealthy, does it make any sense to consume food worth such amount at a spot just cos he's wealthy? That is the side of "irresponsibility" you have refused to see in her part.

Good morning

That's why he should have declined going to a very expensive restaurant in the first place, coz I'm sure that's where they must have gone to. Come to think of it, what sort of person could possibly finish a regular food worth 65k? Their orders may not have been anything more than perhaps, a bottle of wine, some Chinese and water...
And it's not as if the girl would be the only one making orders. The guy must have made his orders, too.

Good morning.
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Akious2k2(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
jamela:
Restaurants and bars know the person who orders, pays. That's why in developed societies, the waiter always serves both parties menu booklets, the bills come back enclosed in the booklets used to order. It seems some Nigerian outfits use this lack of awareness to defraud their male customers, some even go as far as encouraging the females who arrive in company of a male to try their new expensive dish just so the male would have to pay for it or risk looking like a douche.
It's unfair to go out with a man and expect him to empty his pocket just because you have an appetite. It's either we both pay for ourselves or if he insists on paying, I tell him what options I fancy on the menu and let him decide what's okay for him to order. Nothing wrong with offering to order for yourself if you need any extras, you might as well even decide to get dessert for you both.

@Bold
If d guy absconds, who pays for him / is held responsible?
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by webtroller: 1:08am On Jan 07, 2016
Monalisa185:

if that's the case, na to clean floor na...
The secret na to no order wetin u no fitpay for wash.
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Monalisa185:

hehehehe... patapata dem go collect everything wey dey your body....dem no fit strip you naked jor, at least not in this 21st century...

Lol..siddon there..even worser things don happen for the so called 21st century
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Monalisa185(f): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2016
BornnAgainChild:

Lol..siddon there..even WORSE things don happen for the so called 21st century

you welcome grin
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Monalisa185(f): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2016
webtroller:
The secret na to no order wetin u no fitpay for wash.
Lol...nobe me you go dey tell na... grin
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by webtroller: 11:02am On Jan 08, 2016
Monalisa185:

Lol...nobe me you go dey tell na... grin
No vex o. At one point I tink we toge da dey tell dem na Im.
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by jamela(f): 6:55am On Jan 11, 2016
Akious2k2:

@Bold
If d guy absconds, who pays for him / is held responsible?

Most times it's the waiter, they are supposed to keep an eye on the people they serve, although it might not seem right, but restaurants do this to discourage waiters from pocketing pay and claiming it was a dine and dash. I could say I just met him there, they wont force me to pay for what I didn't order.
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Akious2k2(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
jamela:

Most times it's the waiter, they are supposed to keep an eye on the people they serve, although it might not seem right, but restaurants do this to avoid waiters from pocketing pay and claiming it was a dine and dash. I could say I just met him there, they wont force me to pay for what I didn't order.
Well, I get it
That's fair enough 4 d person being abandoned @ d restaurant.
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
preetyb:

Him no know say no be him born me before him ask me to oder? BROKE ASS MENTALITY.
Ashawo, bitch
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by preetyb(f): 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
Softboi:
Ashawo, bitch
Kpalasa!
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by NemzySeries(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
shegxi:
Loooooooool.........d guy had to call every spirit of dasuki in his life to ordergringringrin
D babe sef no get fear of God ooo, onli u 65k drink? On top anoda person head? U be fish?
No mind d maamiwater karashika
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Jascon4: 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
jamela:
Restaurants and bars know the person who orders, pays. That's why in developed societies, the waiter always serves both parties menu booklets, the bills come back enclosed in the booklets used to order. It seems some Nigerian outfits use this lack of awareness to defraud their male customers, some even go as far as encouraging the females who arrive in company of a male to try their new expensive dish just so the male would have to pay for it or risk looking like a douche.

It's unfair to go out with a man and expect him to empty his pocket just because you have an appetite. It's either we both pay for ourselves or if he insists on paying, I tell him what options I fancy on the menu and let him decide what's okay for him to order. Nothing wrong with offering to order for yourself if you need any extras, you might as well even decide to get dessert for you both.

That was some thoughtful perspective.
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2016
Suigeneris93:
grin grin grin

Reason why I don't trust random guys at the bar
Op why u looking so unkept ... Dirty hair and dried up
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by captianfreeman(m): 7:16am On Feb 19, 2016
When you consume senselessly with a random guy ,what do you expect?
Re: Your Date Abandons You At The Restaurant, What Would You Do In This Situation? by paulnewplay: 1:18pm On May 12, 2019
Sijo01:

I guess your judgement is based on your location. Where I'm from, mama put rocks big time and I prefer it to those junky food masquerading as fast food. Too much fry fry.
ever gone on a date to a mama put?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cheating Girlfriend Caught Redhanded While She Was Still Denying It (video) / Prostitute And Mourner Have Sex At A Burial In Anambra, Almost Lynched / Man Under Fire For The Caption He Used While Sharing His Woman's Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.